Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    I forgot to share my latest NSV with you.

I went to a baby shower Saturday, and there was homemade cupcakes, veggies and dip, nuts, chocolate covered pretzel sticks, watermelon, pistachio salad, and candy. I filled 2 small plates with veggies and little bit of dip, 1 pretzel, watermelon, mixed nuts, (just a few) 4 buttermints, (which I shared with Mr. Mo) and a small scoop of pistachio salad. I totally skipped the cupcakes!!! I didn't even feel like I was missing out because everyone that ate one, had blue lips and tongue.

Nice! What is pistachio salad? Sounds yummy.

Instant pistachio pudding mix is combined with whipped topping, miniature marshmallows, crushed pineapple, and nuts. This particular salad had a few too many marshmallows for me. I'm sure everyone makes theirs different, but this one was pretty good and not super heavy.

I thought we were the only people who made that! My mom makes it every Christmas. She calls it "snow salad". LOL

Marshmallows, pudding and whipped cream - yep, salad.

Yea my sister makes that too. I love it. She also makes one with cherry pie filling (it may be the picture below) and that is super tasty too!

My grandma made it at Thanksgiving. She called it Watergate Salad.

Speaking of cherry pie filling - has anyone tried the dessert where you substitute all the liquid ingredients in chocolate cake with a can of cherry pie filling? This is relevant to my interests.

If this is a thing, I need it in my life mouth PDQ.

You can mix most cake mixes with pumpkin (or pureed beans if you're into protein - black beans are actually kind of awesome in brownies because the texture is very dense and fudgey), so I would imagine something pectin-y like cherry pie filling would probably work fine too (heck, there's an old Weight Watchers "recipe" where you mix diet pop with cake mix and it still works.)

I'm not a big cherry fan (I do like fresh ones, but not so much in stuff usually) so I haven't tried it, but I've definitely done some lazy baking with pumpkin and bean and it's totally edible.

Just stop with the so-easy-even-Ythannah-will-make-it dessert ideas... now I want Pistachio Salad and Cherry Fluff Dessert Salad and pumpkin/black bean mix cake. Stop. Now.

:s

If you can manage to keep it to a reasonable portion, the black bean brownies etc are actually pretty doable and have passable macros for most people, if you care - I used to make them on 1200/day all the time and eat them for breakfast, haha. Depends on the mix you buy, obviously, but still.

Mix the pumpkin one with spice cake or similar.

I am normally a pretty big baking snob with everything from scratch and best-quality and all that nonsense, but it goes out the window if I just want to eat something sweet and not share it with anyone. I'm also the queen of making myself one single cookie. Just one. In the toaster oven.

Are you throwing pureed black beans into a chocolate cake mix or a brownie mix? And what kind of quantity?

I don't actually have "macros" as such, I just try to hit 90 grams of protein a day. The rest is dictated more by IBS than anything else. Says the woman currently eating leftover Duncan Hines frosting out of the tub... with an ice cream bar stick.

Maybe I should save some for my healthy, protein-packed brownies?

Just reading this gave me goosebumps! I CANNOT stand touching any kind of unfinished wood....I sadly cannot enjoy any kind of Popsicle or ice cream on a stick :/

Ohh, sorry it affected you so strongly!

I can't stand the taste of them. I wish they didn't come at the end of the bar, that kind of spoils it. Probably why I mostly stick to drumstick-type cones. But this was a PC Blue Menu kefir bar... love kefir.

The other taste that bothers me is the metallic taste from metal water bottles. I prefer plastic, even if it leeches all kinds of evil chemicals into my water.

Don't be sorry! Most people laugh.....my family has been known to chase me around with one, lol. It can get kinda funny.....whenever there is food on a stick, someone here knows to remove it for me before I can eat it.

It is sad though cuz there are so many yummy things on a stick I can't eat!

Didn't your mother tell them not to run with sticks?

Bahahahaha... good one!
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Confession: I'm struggling with my self image a bit today. I feel unattractive and my self worth is plummeting. I really want to bake something to make myself feel better. Not necessarily eat it, but bake it.

I have day's like this. I tend to wear baggy clothes and avoid all mirrors and reflective surfaces. I know some people suggest 'finding something positive in the mirror' but the only positive I ever find is that I like my eyebrows. lol

I think the worst part is my ex posted a picture of himself and his new woman on facebook. It PISSES ME OFF that 'I' was never worthy of a photo with him on facebook.

I thought I was over it but Sgt. Sexy Pants and I are at odds at the moment which is totally exacerbating this whole feeling of 'not being good enough.'

I anticipate a run with my dog after work to channel all of this hurt and anger. I only hope my poor Tessa can keep up.

I highly recommend unfriending him. My SO made the mistake of keeping in touch with his ex and 8 years later she is still texting him asking "why was I such a bad girlfriend" "What did I do wrong". She is getting married soon and I have a bet with him that he will get a text the night before the wedding asking him if she is doing the right thing. She is also still talking with his mum, it's weird. I fully expect her to turn into some obsessive follower who tries to steal our kids or something. The joke is he cheated on her, if I was her I would have run away and cut all ties, but she keeps coming back, like some sort of toenail fungus.

For the sake of Sgt. Sexy Pants unfriend him and cut all ties.

Call me possesive and jealous but this would not fly for me.

Ditto. It was irritating enough that my SO would mention something about his ex-GF (usually in a negative context) roughly on a daily basis. I finally mentioned to him that he was talking about her a bit too much for my comfort... okay, I was in a crabby mood and I nastily suggested that he was still hung up on her... and he seems to have cut down the conversational references since then.

I still have to hear about the ex-wife occasionally but she is the mother of his (adult) children.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    I confess that I judge the people on my Facebook page who get into relationships where both parties tell eachother how much they are in love and will always be together.... only to break up a week later.

I just saw this happen... but it didn't even last one week. They broke up after four days. Made me cringe. :(
    I confess that I judge the people on my Facebook page who get into relationships where both parties tell eachother how much they are in love and will always be together.... only to break up a week later.

I just saw this happen... but it didn't even last one week. They broke up after four days. Made me cringe. :(

Haha! Or the ones that their status changes from single to together over and over again......

Goodness, yes. Crazy back and forth TMI love messages on the public wall drive me nuts. Take it to PM, OR hey, say it to them in person. Crazy, I know!

What about the people that fight on FB where everyone can watch. No shame.

I know, all crazy!

Like one guy always posts about his wonderful wife.....well buddy, I am sure she is sitting on the sofa next to you, just tell her!

Or the ones that air all their dirty laundry, about marital problems, money troubles or whatever else.....like really?

My hubby will go to comment on one of my pictures on FB, then he'll stop and say, You know, I don't need to write this on Facebook, I'm just going to tell you how amazing you look." And then proceeds to tell me.

The lovey dovey posts all over FB constantly, red flag I think. Once in a while, I'm OK with but not constantly..
  • rungirl1973
    Options
    Just read about the man killing Cecil the lion. My heart is broken. :( I really hope he goes to prison for this. Lions are such beautiful animals!

I know, I am beyond disgusted!
    That is also not the only animal he has done that too, he has a whole album of photos of animals he has killed. Pathetic waste of human skin!!

I have been seeing so many pictures of that lion. I can't stand to look. It hurts me. The punishment should fit the crime, but I'm sure he won't get nearly enough of a punishment for this.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options

Just read about the man killing Cecil the lion. My heart is broken. :( I really hope he goes to prison for this. Lions are such beautiful animals!

I know, I am beyond disgusted!
    That is also not the only animal he has done that too, he has a whole album of photos of animals he has killed. Pathetic waste of human skin!!

I have been seeing so many pictures of that lion. I can't stand to look. It hurts me. The punishment should fit the crime, but I'm sure he won't get nearly enough of a punishment for this.

Sadly, this.
  • rungirl1973
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Well, I held out but we had pizza today at work for completeing a survey for the hospital. I did have some salad with it and two pieces of pizza. It looks like I can fit it in my day, but I may have to do a bit more walking. Pretty good for me, I didn't completely wreck the day.

Sounds like an awesome day! What's everyone's favorite pizza?

Mine is either plain cheese, pizza with cheeseburger, sausage, & mushrooms, or pineapple pizza.

Lots of cheese, lots of mushrooms and sausage. If I can have unlimited toppings, I'll also add black olives, ham, roma tomatos.
    I also like margherita pizza.

In my world, pineapple has no place on a pizza...
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Confession: I'm struggling with my self image a bit today. I feel unattractive and my self worth is plummeting. I really want to bake something to make myself feel better. Not necessarily eat it, but bake it.

Bake it. Then take it to the nearest fire station and tell them thank you for doing a dangerous job. My brother loves it when people do that. LOL

That's so nice! Maybe I'll do that soon with my son! :) Thanks for the idea!
  • rungirl1973
    Options
    nuffer wrote: »
    I have two young men living in my house that have no concept of what hard physical work means. I had to hire someone else's teenage sons to help dig a trench for a new household water line.

My confession is that I'm not doing very well in the parenting department when it comes to telling my sons they're a couple of wimps. Those words have not actually left my mouth. But I'm struggling to not unload on a 15 year old and a 19 year old that can't do half the work of a fat and mostly unfit 52 year old.

Aw, that stinks. I have a lazy 20 year old at home. If he's told to do work, he's actually a pretty good worker though. My husband's son is worthless at doing anything, I'd rather just do it myself.
  • hnsaunde
    hnsaunde Posts: 757 Member
    Options

I went to a baby shower Saturday, and there was homemade cupcakes, veggies and dip, nuts, chocolate covered pretzel sticks, watermelon, pistachio salad, and candy. I filled 2 small plates with veggies and little bit of dip, 1 pretzel, watermelon, mixed nuts, (just a few) 4 buttermints, (which I shared with Mr. Mo) and a small scoop of pistachio salad. I totally skipped the cupcakes!!! I didn't even feel like I was missing out because everyone that ate one, had blue lips and tongue.

Instant pistachio pudding mix is combined with whipped topping, miniature marshmallows, crushed pineapple, and nuts. This particular salad had a few too many marshmallows for me. I'm sure everyone makes theirs different, but this one was pretty good and not super heavy.

I thought we were the only people who made that! My mom makes it every Christmas. She calls it "snow salad". LOL

Yea my sister makes that too. I love it. She also makes one with cherry pie filling (it may be the picture below) and that is super tasty too!

Speaking of cherry pie filling - has anyone tried the dessert where you substitute all the liquid ingredients in chocolate cake with a can of cherry pie filling? This is relevant to my interests.

I just did, on the weekend. I actually just added cherry pie filling to this recipe, because I read that replacing the water completely changes the taste of the cake, since boiling water (or coffee) blooms the cocoa flavor, and that doesn't happen when you swap it out with the cherry pie filling.

It tasted delicious, but took almost twice as long to bake due to the extra filling in there.
  • rungirl1973
    Options
    nuffer wrote: »
    I have two young men living in my house that have no concept of what hard physical work means. I had to hire someone else's teenage sons to help dig a trench for a new household water line.

My confession is that I'm not doing very well in the parenting department when it comes to telling my sons they're a couple of wimps. Those words have not actually left my mouth. But I'm struggling to not unload on a 15 year old and a 19 year old that can't do half the work of a fat and mostly unfit 52 year old.

If I would you I would unload. Let it all out, followed by all the worst jobs that need doing to be done by the end of the week.

I was brought up to earn my food and bed. (obviously I would still get food and bed, but I had to do it out of respect for my parents) and I personally feel that kids who don't help, don't have respect for their parents. My SO and his sister don't do anything to help their mum and it horrified me. BUT I used to help her, I never got a thank you and I never managed to do it perfectly, just the way SHE wanted it, so I gave up as well. I think it works both ways.

Edit: Because she is such a problem, I have actually lost a bit of respect for her.

YES!! Lack of respect is why my husband's son is so worthless at stuff. He doesn't even try. My kids do as they're told with minimal complaining (most of the time). My stepkids are a different story. They used to talk back to him constantly until I told them that would not be tolerated in my home. Period. Needless to say, they don't like me.
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options

Bake it. Then take it to the nearest fire station and tell them thank you for doing a dangerous job. My brother loves it when people do that. LOL

I did/do this, when I was practicing cupcakes/cakes for my business. I would run up to the local fire station (which is like 1/8 mile from the boys' daycare) and give it to them. I think they thought I was nuts at first, now they love me. I haven't done it in a couple months, though. I should probably do it.

I committed to baking a PannuKakku (Finnish dessert like a custardy French toast served with jam) for daycare's cultural potluck on Friday. I love it. I will have to resist the urge to faceplant in it. I love desserts that aren't super sweet (I will almost always pick a lime/citrus/nut something or other over caramel bc I'm weird like that) but I don't usually eat desserts (which is weird for a baker, I know). I eat like 1/2 a Hershey's mini and I'm good lol. I'll actually eat 2 tbsp. of homemade nut butter (I make mine without sugar) before a brownie.

I've finally crawled out of my funk a bit, mostly because I'm excited for my surgical consults. Surgery is still 3 months away at the earliest, but knowing I'm being proactive is helping. 8/12 I have 3 consults scheduled. I'm most likely paying out of pocket, so I'm shuffling finances around and trying to figure out where we can pull the $. I'll still try for insurance approval but my company is pretty stingy about approving, so I'm going off the assumption that I'm paying for it. It'll be close, but we'll have enough set aside.
  • rungirl1973
    Options

I have day's like this. I tend to wear baggy clothes and avoid all mirrors and reflective surfaces. I know some people suggest 'finding something positive in the mirror' but the only positive I ever find is that I like my eyebrows. lol

I think the worst part is my ex posted a picture of himself and his new woman on facebook. It PISSES ME OFF that 'I' was never worthy of a photo with him on facebook.

I thought I was over it but Sgt. Sexy Pants and I are at odds at the moment which is totally exacerbating this whole feeling of 'not being good enough.'

I anticipate a run with my dog after work to channel all of this hurt and anger. I only hope my poor Tessa can keep up.

I highly recommend unfriending him. My SO made the mistake of keeping in touch with his ex and 8 years later she is still texting him asking "why was I such a bad girlfriend" "What did I do wrong". She is getting married soon and I have a bet with him that he will get a text the night before the wedding asking him if she is doing the right thing. She is also still talking with his mum, it's weird. I fully expect her to turn into some obsessive follower who tries to steal our kids or something. The joke is he cheated on her, if I was her I would have run away and cut all ties, but she keeps coming back, like some sort of toenail fungus.

This. And, if you have friends who have friended him on FB, ask them to unfriend him too. I've unfriended many a friend's ex. I expect the same in return from my friends.
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Well, I held out but we had pizza today at work for completeing a survey for the hospital. I did have some salad with it and two pieces of pizza. It looks like I can fit it in my day, but I may have to do a bit more walking. Pretty good for me, I didn't completely wreck the day.

Mine is either plain cheese, pizza with cheeseburger, sausage, & mushrooms, or pineapple pizza.

Lots of cheese, lots of mushrooms and sausage. If I can have unlimited toppings, I'll also add black olives, ham, roma tomatos.
    I also like margherita pizza.

In my world, pineapple has no place on a pizza...

I think I'm an alien. I hate pizza. I eat the toppings, but I don't like American pizza sauce (too sweet) and the crust is always too heavy and sits in my stomach like a brick. I'd rather eat some melted cheese, vegs, and meat on my own. If I'm doing whatever pizza I want, I like a supreme and then eat all the bits on top.
  • ythannah
    Options

Shockingly, my all-time favourite is Pizza Hut Meat Lover's with added feta. Total sodium bomb, however.

I can eat meat as pizza topping because it's normally processed way beyond any resemblance to meat, in my mind.

Otherwise I tend to favour plain old pepperoni and cheese, or a multi-cheese blend. You'd think veggie pizzas would be a shoe-in for me but they tend to include the dreaded olives or some other vegetable that turns out slimy and weird... this can sometimes happen with mushrooms and tomatoes.

• xLoveLikeWinterx
    Options

If this is a thing, I need it in my life mouth PDQ.

You can mix most cake mixes with pumpkin (or pureed beans if you're into protein - black beans are actually kind of awesome in brownies because the texture is very dense and fudgey), so I would imagine something pectin-y like cherry pie filling would probably work fine too (heck, there's an old Weight Watchers "recipe" where you mix diet pop with cake mix and it still works.)

I'm not a big cherry fan (I do like fresh ones, but not so much in stuff usually) so I haven't tried it, but I've definitely done some lazy baking with pumpkin and bean and it's totally edible.

Just stop with the so-easy-even-Ythannah-will-make-it dessert ideas... now I want Pistachio Salad and Cherry Fluff Dessert Salad and pumpkin/black bean mix cake. Stop. Now.

:s

If you can manage to keep it to a reasonable portion, the black bean brownies etc are actually pretty doable and have passable macros for most people, if you care - I used to make them on 1200/day all the time and eat them for breakfast, haha. Depends on the mix you buy, obviously, but still.

Mix the pumpkin one with spice cake or similar.

I am normally a pretty big baking snob with everything from scratch and best-quality and all that nonsense, but it goes out the window if I just want to eat something sweet and not share it with anyone. I'm also the queen of making myself one single cookie. Just one. In the toaster oven.

Are you throwing pureed black beans into a chocolate cake mix or a brownie mix? And what kind of quantity?

I don't actually have "macros" as such, I just try to hit 90 grams of protein a day. The rest is dictated more by IBS than anything else. Says the woman currently eating leftover Duncan Hines frosting out of the tub... with an ice cream bar stick.

Maybe I should save some for my healthy, protein-packed brownies?

Eh, no need to ruin perfectly good frosting with brownies.

If you want to try it, take a large can of black beans (15 oz, I think? can't remember the conversion offhand), drain and rinse them and the can really well, then put them back in the can, fill the remaining space with water up to the top of the can, then puree the beans and water well in a blender. Throw those in with a package of brownie mix and bake as directed (they might take a little longer though.)

OK. I have a couple of brownie mixes in the pantry and always have black beans. I'm going to give this a try maybe next week (moving my daughter this weekend).

I can vouch that this works. The black beans taste awesome in brownies and kind of deepens the cocoa flavor. The trick is rinsing them REALLY well to get the "juice" out of the can. Oh and the brownies will NOT be the typical super sweet box brownies. It's kind of like a subtle sweet.
  • rungirl1973
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »

Call me possesive and jealous but this would not fly for me.

It does my head in every time. SO wants to tell me when she texts to prove I can trust him and to be open about it, which is fine, I just find it really weird that she can't let go. She saw a picture of me on facebook the other day apparently, with a ring on he bought me years ago and she was asking if it was an engagement ring! (Its not) So what if it is? You gonna come running down the isle trying to stop the wedding or something? Crazy woman!

Nope. I would not handle that well at all. When hubby and I were dating, he had an ex-girlfriend text him and told me about it after he blocked her from his phone. There's no reason for communication with an ex unless you have kids together. That's just me, though. If I saw an ex in a public setting, I might talk to them briefly, but there would be no communication via phone.
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    HIYA ALL! This weekend was pretty busy, I worked Saturday and went to accupuncture. Yesterday was stupidly hot so we helped the mancreature's parents with some landscaping (I needed some sun anyway so I wore my bikini top and shorts). We also went to GNC (all the Quest Bars were on sale!!), I got to finally try the chocolate mint one and I love it! I also bought Quest protein powder (Peanut butter), which wasn't available before in Canada. I've got two months until my half marathon and the wedding that I'm a Bridesmaid in, time to tighten things up and get back into the swing of things! Lol

I am thrilled that you posted this! I traveled all over the city last week looking for Quest bars in the flavors I wanted, and still did not get them all!

I never thought of GNC til I saw this post. Not only is it literally up the street from me, the bars are cheaper AND they have a bunch of different flavors......

I love that this thread pointed me in the direction of those bars, I love them! I have tried powders, but do not like milk and juice is so sugary, and have tried other bars, and while I liked them, the carb counts were so high that I only ate them once in a while.

The net carb count for these is so low not only can I eat them often, but I can actually have fruit at breakfast which is exciting for me, as I normally cannot seem to make it work with my blood sugar normally. Except for berries cuz they are so low in sugar. My plan is to have a Quest bar four times a week for breakfast, with just greek yogurt and fruit (FRUIT!!) LOL. I have tried three flavors so far and have loved them all, I can't wait to go tomorrow and see what other kinds they have.

Has anyone tried the Quest protein chips?

We go usually twice a month and do a big "haul" so I plan on getting a bag or two of the chips, if you get tehre before let me know how they taste.

I bought three bags today and just ate the salt and vinegar......they are -ok-. Not as good as the bars, and not as good as regular chips, but with 21 grams of protein, that is awesome. I also bought a bag of sour cream and onion and sour cream and cheddar.

I also bought 12 more bars.....so I am starting to feel a bit obsessed lol. Seriously though, I have tried four flavors so far, and these are the best protein bars I have ever had. Every one I have tried so far has been delicious!

Thanks for letting me know! I'll have to grab a box the next time I'm there. Currently my favourite is the Mint Chocolate and the Cinnamon Roll. I also have a sweet spot for the lemon one, generally as a rule anything lemon and I am in love.
  • ythannah
    Options
    I committed to baking a PannuKakku (Finnish dessert like a custardy French toast served with jam) for daycare's cultural potluck on Friday. I love it. I will have to resist the urge to faceplant in it. I love desserts that aren't super sweet (I will almost always pick a lime/citrus/nut something or other over caramel bc I'm weird like that) but I don't usually eat desserts (which is weird for a baker, I know). I eat like 1/2 a Hershey's mini and I'm good lol. I'll actually eat 2 tbsp. of homemade nut butter (I make mine without sugar) before a brownie.

Are you Finnish?

I ask because the SO is and Finn pancakes are often a supper meal at our home. He's never mentioned or produced that dessert, however... surprising, considering his sweet tooth.

He's a total Finn food snob, lol. He sneers at the fundraiser Pulla I occasionally buy, saying it's nowhere as good as his mum's.
  • rungirl1973
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Kalici wrote: »

ETA: I "learned" to date in my 40's. I never "dated" like that before, I didn't know how to do it. It was so fun and cool (and scary) to discover so much about myself. I was always 100% myself and clear that I was looking for a good relationship. I did work hard on keeping good boundaries and only dating men who didn't raise red flags.

What are some red flags for people?
    The one's I really looked for:

Very angry/resentful toward someone (i.e., ex, mother, sibling, etc.) even if deserved it should not come out in date #1 or #2.

Pushing for "cuddles" or anything else very quickly.

Not understanding what an appropriate level of activity for a first or second date would be (i.e. writing a song for me after one email exchange, planning a weekend away in another state for a second date.)

Not having an appropriate job for his age (i.e. I am in the middle age dating pool, I want to date someone not support him financially.)

What other red flags come to mind?

Not letting me do things for myself e.g. insisting on ordering something for me instead of letting me order what I want and other weird signs of dominance.

Talking about their ex repeatedly in anyway. Glowing terms can be just as bad as negative ones. My ex girlfriend was so good to me she'd drop everything to make me my favorite dinner and then she'd clean up the entire kitchen.

Treating staff where ever you go badly. I think you can tell a lot about a person by how they treat people who're waiting on them.

Calling too much (I had one guy literally calling me over 30 times in one day) or too little (if you haven't heard from them in a month they're not really interested).

I agree with these and the others listed earlier. Good stuff

I would also add

If you are a mom the guy wanting to be insta-dad. I vaguely mentioned my kids in my profile and more than one man in the first email offered to help raise them. No thank you.

The player who is almost seems like relationship material but fails. He comes so close and is charming and good looking and rich. And them you realize he's flakey as heck. And his almost commitments are insincere and then he tells you he's been divorced twice not just once and was with wife #2 while still with wife #1. And then you let him know no more. You will not be going out with him again.

No projects. He is not there to fix or improve you. You are not there to fix or improve him.

You have to like each other as people and be interested in who that person is. That means no projecting. One man kept trying to put words into my mouth about what I liked and what I did for fun.

Where was this advice when I was dating? You should teach a class! All the single ladies, looking for someone, in this thread should start taking notes!!
    Develop your passive aggressive detection radar. (Speaking from experience)

I really agree with how does he treat people who are in the service industry. Kindness and human decency are priorities to me.

How does he treat animals?

BIG red flag - is he always the victim and life is not fair and it is always someone else's fault. RUN!!!

So much these! And describes himself as a nice guy--if you really are, you don't need to advertise it.

For me:

-Religious. Haven't yet met a religious man who didn't try to change me or didn't force the issue of my atheism.
    -Discusses his ex in any capacity too close to the beginning. Asks about your exes.
    -Has hang-ups about purity. More of an issue for you younger girls, but RUN from dudes who are obsessed with knowing about your sexual past or try to make you feel bad for things you've done in the past.
    -Too many sexual jokes before you've had sex.
    -Pressures you to do anything you're uncomfortable with. ANYTHING. This is a red flag because it shows he doesn't really care about your feelings or anything besides what he wants and needs. Potential rapist.
    -Is unwilling to do new things/has a meltdown if plans go awry. I sympathize with this, as I realize it's generally a neurological thing, but I personally can't deal with it. There are many more patient people than me, so if this describes you, ignore me.
    -Bad mouths his mom. I would make an exception for someone I got to know somewhat before discussion of childhoods occurred. But then again, people don't generally bring up their drug-addicted child-beating jailbird moms on the first date.
    -Brings up a mutual female friend several times on the first "date". That one's self-explanatory, right?
    -Wants to stay home and be taken care of. I know there are women in this world for whom a stay-at-home dad is ideal, but I don't ever see myself making the kind of bank it takes for that to happen, yet I keep meeting men like this.
    -Is sexist/defends sexist behavior and media. Same with racist behavior and media. Any man who needs to feel like he's above someone by virtue of his birth is horribly insecure (and probably for good reason, since he ain't worth ####).

I'm currently single and currently not looking. One bad marriage was more than enough.

All of these, yup.

The last super religious guy I was involved with, wanted to take me to church with him every Sunday but we had to sit in a certain section because he was a serial cheater and messing around with several other women who sat in other areas of the church. Yeah, great Christian behavior.

So many of your points hit a nerve, I've been involved with that guy. And that one. And that one. Ugh.
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options

Keep your chin up girl. You are fabulous! As for you and SSP hope you guys can get back on track!!
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    There is a hotel with a fitness area and pool very close to my work. I went to see how much their memberships are yesterday, and August is ladies month. Memberships are $150 off. I'm going to stop in on Saturday to look around and probably join, on their website it says they have free weights and a squat rack.

I want to add lifting to my program, and since this is a convenient location for me, I'll actually use it. I'm a little excited.

They open at 6 so I can get a good workout in and still get to work at 7:30.

And my nephew is going to come with me a couple times to act as my trainer. He plays high school football and they had a trainer come in to show them proper form.

That's awesome. Good for you!