Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Mel, we start up the following week. I am still getting last minute things done for DD's birthday party on Saturday. I think Quik is on vacation and everyone else is MIA??
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    I'm just lurking, nothing to contribute lately :)
  • MissKalhan
    Options
    So in consultation with my therapist I'm stopping with tracking my calories and eating intuitively, I'm starting to get obsessive in a bad way with calories etc. So instead I am ensure that my macros and micros are hit (which is a big thing as a vegan) with three basic meals and then the rest I will be eating as I feel hungry. I'm also weighing in once a week just to see where things sit for weight class (power lifting), trials and tribulations of mental illness I tell ya!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    So in consultation with my therapist I'm stopping with tracking my calories and eating intuitively, I'm starting to get obsessive in a bad way with calories etc. So instead I am ensure that my macros and micros are hit (which is a big thing as a vegan) with three basic meals and then the rest I will be eating as I feel hungry. I'm also weighing in once a week just to see where things sit for weight class (power lifting), trials and tribulations of mental illness I tell ya!

I hope this works for you and you feel better. That's the point of MFP after all, to improve your health.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Back from vacation, which was fabulous. Lots of work to catch up on. Regionals powerlifting competition is THIS Saturday!!!
  • MissKalhan
    Options
    I'm going to do some August only goals - just to try and make some progress. Posting them here to create some accountability.

1. Get the credit card paid down to $4500 (my New Year's resolution was to pay off the balance every month. Oops.)
    2. Get my weight back down to at least 165 (173.8 this morning). Bonus for 160.
    3. 375 lb deadlift (gonna try for this Saturday!)
    4. No unnecessary buying for the whole month!

We're doing a "No spend August" aka no buying *kitten* we don't need as well! Here's hoping we can follow through with it :)
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    I tend to be fairly thrifty but I already failed on the no spend - I got 10 dribble bibs for £16.50 inclu postage. They are super funky designs, good quality, and I had a coupon so how could I not? Technically needed as Pandy's are all falling to bits and little sproglet will need them too. Also I'm 24 weeks today, which is exciting as that means we are officially 'viable'!

I think that since you have Pandy and are having another, bibs are a need.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    I tend to be fairly thrifty but I already failed on the no spend - I got 10 dribble bibs for £16.50 inclu postage. They are super funky designs, good quality, and I had a coupon so how could I not? Technically needed as Pandy's are all falling to bits and little sproglet will need them too. Also I'm 24 weeks today, which is exciting as that means we are officially 'viable'!

I think that since you have Pandy and are having another, bibs are a need.

Exactly! FYI, books are always a NEED, too. Books do not count as unnecessary spending.
  • MissKalhan
    Options
    Hiiii, I've been quite here. I got laid off Tuesday or well got two weeks notice of being laid off. So all the job hunting and weighing options, we may be heading back to Ottawa. That's undecided currently but any prayers and good vibes are welcomed.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Oh boy, Vix, that is no fun. Tons of good mojo heading north!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Confession: I was searching through this thread for the bingo cards (who remembers?) and it makes me sad that the group is broken.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    I remember, Tami. Good luck at your competition today. I'm spending the day at church for the annual women's conference and then I am going to see my dad. I talked to him on the phone yesterday and he sounded awful.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Hiiii, I've been quite here. I got laid off Tuesday or well got two weeks notice of being laid off. So all the job hunting and weighing options, we may be heading back to Ottawa. That's undecided currently but any prayers and good vibes are welcomed.

Prayers that this opens a fantastic door that is better than the last!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    I remember, Tami. Good luck at your competition today. I'm spending the day at church for the annual women's conference and then I am going to see my dad. I talked to him on the phone yesterday and he sounded awful.

Prayers for you and your dad, too!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options

Good luck, Tami and hope your Dad is OK Mel!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Confession: I was searching through this thread for the bingo cards (who remembers?) and it makes me sad that the group is broken.

Me too.
  • Oberon21
    Options

I am so sorry Vix. That sucks. :(