Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    Apparently I have no self control when it comes to cookies from Lenny's Subs. :s

ETA: Company provided lunch- subs, cookies, chips, etc. I passed on the chips, but am working on cookie #2.

I've never heard of Lenny's subs...but I don't have much control around cookies in general! :(
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    Sounds like an awesome day! What's everyone's favorite pizza?

Mine is either plain cheese, pizza with cheeseburger, sausage, & mushrooms, or pineapple pizza.

Shockingly, my all-time favourite is Pizza Hut Meat Lover's with added feta. Total sodium bomb, however.

I can eat meat as pizza topping because it's normally processed way beyond any resemblance to meat, in my mind.

Otherwise I tend to favour plain old pepperoni and cheese, or a multi-cheese blend. You'd think veggie pizzas would be a shoe-in for me but they tend to include the dreaded olives or some other vegetable that turns out slimy and weird... this can sometimes happen with mushrooms and tomatoes.

there's a local place here that does "gourmet" pizzas and my absolute favorite is the chicken caesar salad pizza. bottom layer of fluffy pizza crust, with a layer of romaine, grilled chicken and parmesan tossed with their homemade dressing. so divine.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    @WestCoastJo82 I keep trying to reply to your post and it won't quote for me. Odd. I have never been a fan of old navy clothes they seem like disposable clothing to me, wash them a few times and they are ready for the trash. Are their workout clothes any good?

I've never actually bought them, but there are a few people on the redit xxfitness board that love them and say they are decent quality. I just figured I share the love and your workout clothes purchasing :)

I do tend to gravitate to cheap workout clothes though - Target's Champion line is my default. I have a couple of pairs of pants that are 4 years old and still going strong. I can't imagine paying $90 for a pair of Lululemon workout pants, but I also know there are plenty of people who love those.

Enjoy Lion King today! (provided that's still happening, I haven't read anything yet today).

I buy all my workout clothes at Marshalls. Or outlet stores. The only clothes I pay full price for are biking clothes and that is because I can't find them at discount stores (suggestions anyone? ). I do buy all my sports bras from target. The champion line too. Walmart is also now carrying them.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Update : At The Lion King! I admit I am way more excited than my family. Sigh. I think they will be happy once we have seen it. For $179 a piece I am a bit disappointed in these seats.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    I committed to baking a PannuKakku (Finnish dessert like a custardy French toast served with jam) for daycare's cultural potluck on Friday. I love it. I will have to resist the urge to faceplant in it. I love desserts that aren't super sweet (I will almost always pick a lime/citrus/nut something or other over caramel bc I'm weird like that) but I don't usually eat desserts (which is weird for a baker, I know). I eat like 1/2 a Hershey's mini and I'm good lol. I'll actually eat 2 tbsp. of homemade nut butter (I make mine without sugar) before a brownie.

Are you Finnish?

I ask because the SO is and Finn pancakes are often a supper meal at our home. He's never mentioned or produced that dessert, however... surprising, considering his sweet tooth.

He's a total Finn food snob, lol. He sneers at the fundraiser Pulla I occasionally buy, saying it's nowhere as good as his mum's.

DH is lol... He's from the UP of Michigan (which has the highest concentration of Finns outside of Finland). My Pulla is decent but nothing compared to his grandmother's. He misses her food a ton (she's been dead about 5? years). I can make some stuff and I wish I knew the language but other than a few sentences, I don't.

I'm Irish (one side grandparents off the boat, the other side, one was off the boat) and a trace Serbian. I make a mean soda bread ;)

SO's mum was off the boat, Dad's side had been here a few generations. I'm off the boat (well, it was plane) Scottish.

I should mention that he may sneer at the inferior Pulla, but still manages to put aside his principles and gobble it up.

I don't attempt any Finn dishes, that's his department. But I make killer stovies.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    @WestCoastJo82 I keep trying to reply to your post and it won't quote for me. Odd. I have never been a fan of old navy clothes they seem like disposable clothing to me, wash them a few times and they are ready for the trash. Are their workout clothes any good?

I've never actually bought them, but there are a few people on the redit xxfitness board that love them and say they are decent quality. I just figured I share the love and your workout clothes purchasing :)

I do tend to gravitate to cheap workout clothes though - Target's Champion line is my default. I have a couple of pairs of pants that are 4 years old and still going strong. I can't imagine paying $90 for a pair of Lululemon workout pants, but I also know there are plenty of people who love those.

Enjoy Lion King today! (provided that's still happening, I haven't read anything yet today).

I buy all my workout clothes at Marshalls. Or outlet stores. The only clothes I pay full price for are biking clothes and that is because I can't find them at discount stores (suggestions anyone? ). I do buy all my sports bras from target. The champion line too. Walmart is also now carrying them.
    I buy cycling gear from Trashy Cat on sale. They have a pink jersey on sale for 15 right now. I have that jersey and it has held up well for years. They run small. I also watch REI sales.
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options

Did you try Sierra Trading Post? They have a clearance sale right now. I just bought my sons bib ski pants for winter on their website.
  • jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Update : At The Lion King! I admit I am way more excited than my family. Sigh. I think they will be happy once we have seen it. For $179 a piece I am a bit disappointed in these seats.

WOO HOO!!! Have a GREAT time!! I wish I was there. I'd love to see that show!!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options

My daughter has worn 3 pairs of running shorts from there for 4 summers and not just when she runs. She lives in them.
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    The Lion King is amazing. I could fall asleep to Mufasa's voice... in a good way. It's magical.

If you love musicals, I recommend you go see Book of Mormon as well :smiley: If it's still playing, that is (I hope, I want to see it again).

• jthurman3
    Options
    As for discount cycling gear, I have used nashbar.com for my gear. Their prices for bike shorts were excellent, shipping was fast and reasonably priced and the gear was good. That's my 2 cents. My boss told me about them and I'm glad he did!
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options

Have a great time!!!
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    So, finally heard back from the director today. She and the psychologist are coming to the house tomorrow at 10:30 to see Raelynn. This whole process just seems weird, but I guess that's what they do.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I just checked out the 5 posts that I have that got flagged abuse. After reading them, I have NO IDEA WHY THEY GOT FLAGGED. If you're interested in seeing them, I can put them in the batcave and maybe someone can clue me in on what I'm missing.

I must admit, I'm highly annoyed by this.

My guess - without looking at them - is that some people don't understand the phrase "absolutely no judgment". I'd never report a post from here even if it did offend me. It's like AA, you hear things that you disagree with, but you try to help the person saying them stay sober because that's what it's for. This forum is for people with problems - huge or seemingly tiny - that are hindering their weight loss to confess and work through it.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Confession: I'm struggling with my self image a bit today. I feel unattractive and my self worth is plummeting. I really want to bake something to make myself feel better. Not necessarily eat it, but bake it.

Bake it. Then take it to the nearest fire station and tell them thank you for doing a dangerous job. My brother loves it when people do that. LOL
    I did this once with a cop that stationed themselves by the park when I ran in the morning. :)

Ugg, I do hope your insurance company will cover something @xLoveLikeWinterx . I do dislike that surgeries like these are considered purely cosmetic while bombarded with reasons we need to lose weight.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    So, finally heard back from the director today. She and the psychologist are coming to the house tomorrow at 10:30 to see Raelynn. This whole process just seems weird, but I guess that's what they do.

It's Raelynn's territory. Anything she does during the evaluation that could be construed as anxiety over the unfamiliar will be eliminated. Best of luck.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options

It's Raelynn's territory. Anything she does during the evaluation that could be construed as anxiety over the unfamiliar will be eliminated. Best of luck.

Good point! And good luck, @raelynnsmama52512 !
  • jthurman3
    Options

Good luck and please let us know how it goes! I'm thinking of you and hoping you have great outcomes for Raelynn and on the new house front. :)
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    A couple of weeks ago I posted that we were having a grandbaby any day, well she has still not had that baby! Tomorrow is the day though, they are inducing labor in the morning. I am so excited to meet my granddaughter!
  • jthurman3
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    A couple of weeks ago I posted that we were having a grandbaby any day, well she has still not had that baby! Tomorrow is the day though, they are inducing labor in the morning. I am so excited to meet my granddaughter!

I was just wondering whether that baby has made her arrival yet. Keep us posted! How very exciting!!