Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    So, finally heard back from the director today. She and the psychologist are coming to the house tomorrow at 10:30 to see Raelynn. This whole process just seems weird, but I guess that's what they do.

It's Raelynn's territory. Anything she does during the evaluation that could be construed as anxiety over the unfamiliar will be eliminated. Best of luck.

I didn't think of it like that. I did mention we feel she could have autism and she said they could look and tell us what they think and see. They're doing it so quick because the psychologist is pretty much due any day now, so the sooner the better lol!
  • raelynnsmama52512
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    So, finally heard back from the director today. She and the psychologist are coming to the house tomorrow at 10:30 to see Raelynn. This whole process just seems weird, but I guess that's what they do.

It's Raelynn's territory. Anything she does during the evaluation that could be construed as anxiety over the unfamiliar will be eliminated. Best of luck.

Good point! And good luck, @raelynnsmama52512 !
    jthurman3 wrote: »

Good luck and please let us know how it goes! I'm thinking of you and hoping you have great outcomes for Raelynn and on the new house front. :)

Thanks y'all! ❤️
    bkhamill wrote: »
    A couple of weeks ago I posted that we were having a grandbaby any day, well she has still not had that baby! Tomorrow is the day though, they are inducing labor in the morning. I am so excited to meet my granddaughter!

Sending prayers and good vibes for a safe delivery and healthy baby! Keep us updated! ❤️
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    A couple of weeks ago I posted that we were having a grandbaby any day, well she has still not had that baby! Tomorrow is the day though, they are inducing labor in the morning. I am so excited to meet my granddaughter!
    Awesome news for you and your family!

And good luck tomorrow @raelynnsmama52512
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options

That was my first thought: study her in her natural habitat where she is more likely to be "herself".

Hope it goes well!
  • raelynnsmama52512
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »

That was my first thought: study her in her natural habitat where she is more likely to be "herself".

Hope it goes well!

Thanks! I'm just worried how she's going to react to new people in our house. She's not used to that at all, but it might be easier on her.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options

Yay! How exciting! Please keep us posted!!!
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    @bkhamill get ready to spoil that little girl!!! I am happy for you!!
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

Exciting! I thought maybe I had missed a post about the arrival :smiley: Hope everything goes well!

ETA: My friend had a baby last week and when she told me she was at the hospital I asked what was appropriate to say in this situation: "Good luck"? "Break a leg"? "Happy pushing"?

Her husband told me it should be "Break a water" :lol:
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options

How exciting! Can't wait for the update.

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    I had a dream last night that I started SL 5x5. I was at the Y and I was completely lost on what to do and what machine to use and NO ONE would help me, they all just continued doing their thing even though I looked like a lost child hiding the clothes rack.

This is my fear. I will get up the courage to start and will be totally lost and no one will help me, so I just take myself back to the cardio stuff because it's easy and I have yet to hurt myself on it.

I have anxiety over this. :(
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »

Exciting! I thought maybe I had missed a post about the arrival :smiley: Hope everything goes well!

ETA: My friend had a baby last week and when she told me she was at the hospital I asked what was appropriate to say in this situation: "Good luck"? "Break a leg"? "Happy pushing"?

Oh, I'm gonna use that!
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options

Bahaha to the bolded. I go with "Hope it's quick and easy!"...which is maybe not too elegant but at least expresses my thoughts adequately.

Congratulations on the new baby, @bkhamill!

And good luck with Raelynn's appointment, @raelynnsmama52512, and I hope you get what you need from it.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I had a dream last night that I started SL 5x5. I was at the Y and I was completely lost on what to do and what machine to use and NO ONE would help me, they all just continued doing their thing even though I looked like a lost child hiding the clothes rack.

This is my fear. I will get up the courage to start and will be totally lost and no one will help me, so I just take myself back to the cardio stuff because it's easy and I have yet to hurt myself on it.

I totally get it. It took me a few years to finally work up the courage to go into the weight room. If you're really confused on something, ask a staff member. Or do they offer personal training sessions? Maybe you could pay for one and have the trainer show you how to set everything up.

You can do this!
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »

Bahaha to the bolded. I go with "Hope it's quick and easy!"...which is maybe not too elegant but at least expresses my thoughts adequately.

And good luck with Raelynn's appointment, @raelynnsmama52512, and I hope you get what you need from it.

Thanks everyone!
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options

Mo, you'll be fine! Someone will definitely help you. I've posted this before, I think (although it may have been in another thread), but my boyfriend is your typical bodybuilding gym bro, and he says he is always so happy to help newbies or people that just need a spot or something. My point is...the people (especially some of the dudes) and the equipment may look intimidating, but someone will definitely help you.

Another idea is to hire a trainer at the Y just for one session...they can take you around the gym and show you how to use everything.

Good luck, your'e going to love lifting!
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options

You can ask me or quiksylver! (Or Lois - I think that's what she is doing too). Have you looked at the app yet?
  • raelynnsmama52512
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »

Thanks @peleroja ! ❤️

• WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options

Ha! That's perfect!

Tomorrow is a big day for this group!

Good luck to your kids and congratulations to you @bkhamill!

@raelynnsmama52512 good luck! I'm so glad to hear that they are moving the process along so quickly!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Based on the video ad that keeps playing today, I speak Spanish and should buy a Lexus.

I am already over calories for the day and haven't even had dinner. (Who knew Lennys Subs cookies were 350 calories each?!)
  • jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    @WestCoastJo82 Can you tell me the name of the lifting program you do? I'm at work with the overly zealous interwebs filter, so I probably can't look it up here. But can you tell me the basic lifts you do? We have a power rack at home and I'm wondering if the lifts are ones I could manage at home.

ETA: Strong Lifts? Is that it?