Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I get really annoyed when someone starts a tread with " help, why cant I loose weight?"
    1. Because its it's spelt lose!!
    2. They then go on to shoot down all of the advice given and defend everything they are doing to cause the lack of weight loss!

I'm so sorry to do this to you because I completely agree with your point, but (confession) I have problems with calling out someone's spelling and grammar errors while making one of your own.

You missed "spelt".

Nah. Spelt is just a past tense form of spell. It's uncommon to American English, but is used interchangeably with spelled outside of the United States.
    I thought it was a grain.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I've not hit half of my step goal today, or yesterday, because I'm busy building a 3152 piece Lego Super Star Destroyer.
  • threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I've not hit half of my step goal today, or yesterday, because I'm busy building a 3152 piece Lego Super Star Destroyer.

I'm really jealous. No really.

My 6-year-old keeps telling me he is going to save up for the Death Star. He has $12 in his wallet so I see this working out really well.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    threnjen wrote: »

My 6-year-old keeps telling me he is going to save up for the Death Star. He has $12 in his wallet so I see this working out really well.

That's why I waited til I had a wage before starting my collection ;)
  • Whittedo
    Whittedo Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I get really annoyed when someone starts a tread with " help, why cant I loose weight?"
    2. They then go on to shoot down all of the advice given and defend everything they are doing to cause the lack of weight loss!

I'm so sorry to do this to you because I completely agree with your point, but (confession) I have problems with calling out someone's spelling and grammar errors while making one of your own.

You missed "spelt".

Nah. Spelt is just a past tense form of spell. It's uncommon to American English, but is used interchangeably with spelled outside of the United States.

I see you used the same Google reference as I did when checking on how spelt was spelled.

• tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    Whittedo wrote: »

You missed "spelt".

I see you used the same Google reference as I did when checking on how spelt was spelled.

Aww, is Google ripping me off again? I confess that I didn't have to look it up because I went through a stage as a teenager where I tried to speak with a faux English accent (that sounded like a mix of Irish & Australian). Lots of past tense words outside of American English end in "t" instead of "ed." Learnt, blest, slipt...
  • cheshirecatastrophe
    cheshirecatastrophe Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options

Better to take no steps at all, than to step on a Lego.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    threnjen wrote: »

I am super jealous!

I want the Avengers Helicarrier for my birthday but my husband says no. I'm sad. He did get me the Millenium Falcon for our anniversary last year though, which took me 3 hours to build and I might have told the kids that they won't like me if they touch it.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    I did not know whether my terrible cravings for raw hot chocolate were purely down to this thread, or a sign I could be pregnant. My cravings for raw hot chocolate were so bad, I took a pregnancy test!

It's down to this thread.
  • katalinax87
    katalinax87 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I found oreo dairy milk chocolate yesterday and just had to try it. It was very good and I managed to fit it into my day. Win!
  • YanskaNY
    YanskaNY Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I bought a package of Pepperidge Farm Sausalito cookies this weekend, thinking I could eat one a day, which fits easily into my daily calorie count. The first one was fine, on Saturday morning, with tea. Last night I proved that I cannot keep them in the house because I binged and ate four of them without even thinking. I threw the remaining three out this morning on my way to the train. Sweets make me insane!
  • FitMom4Life27
    Options
    funjen1972 wrote: »
    I wear the same stinky workout clothes for several days without washing. Ewww gross, I know. Always change my socks though lol

I do too! But! Seriously hang them up....especially if you're a woman. Letting them air dry between workouts helps air out some "bacteria" that can form. Don't wait until a doctor has to tell you!
  • Wholelottaass
    Wholelottaass Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I sneak chicken nuggets of my kids' plates when they're finished. If my wife doesn't see, I don't enter it. I know, I'm only cheating myself in that situation.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I am at my starting weight. Don't want to admit it. Don't want to change my ticker. Super pissed at myself.

• stenchdog4000
    stenchdog4000 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I had to buy my husband a padlocked safe for Christmas, so that he can keep his chocolate safe from my thieving hands!
  • Scorpiotwin
    Scorpiotwin Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    It's 3 am, I can't sleep and I'm already over my calorie limit for the day. I think I have a seriously effed up relationship with food.

Don't we all. That's why we are all on this thread airing our dirty little food secrets. Just knowing that I'm not alone helps. :)
  • PharmGirl522
    PharmGirl522 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    All right...well, here goes nothing (?)

Up until (very) recently (as in, I did it two weeks ago) I would take diuretics before my weekly weigh-ins. Logically I knew that whatever weight I lost by taking them was water weight and it went back on the minute I drank something, but..I did it anyway. I know it's unhealthy, though, and I have actually made myself sick at times from doing it, so I'm not going to do it anymore. I know I have an obsession with the scales and the numbers and all that *kitten*, but I need weekly weigh-ins to keep me on track, so it's not like I can totally give them up.

Oh, and yesterday I ate four of those Reese peanut butter Easter eggs. I literally cannot stop myself from eating them and I have no restraint when they are in my vicinity.
  • JSurita2
    JSurita2 Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    I confess that I seriously judge people for posing with those stupid duck faces in pictures. WHY do people think it's cute to pucker up for a camera.
  • Scorpiotwin
    Scorpiotwin Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I dropped my daily calories in an effort to accelerate my weight loss. I was originally supposed to have 1650 a day and I changed it to 1550 a day. For the most part I've been sticking to it, but last night I went way over. I ate all of my calories plus my exercise calories. I didn't even log my frozen yogurt. I know that if I had logged that I would have been well over 2000 calories. :\
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I changed my goals to 'sedentary' and 'maintenance' so I could eat more. I figure if I don't log my exercise, I should still lose.