Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    Speaking of sharing food -- does nobody ever eat an entire dessert by themselves in restaurants? Is that why every dessert I order automatically arrives with two utensils and did I just miss that memo?

I dine out fairly often with a longterm male friend who does not care for sweets and rarely manages to finish his entrée... when asked if he wants to order dessert, he always declines... yet the dessert I order turns up with two spoons/forks.

This is not someone with whom I normally swap saliva (thanks for assuming we're in an intimate relationship...) and I really don't want to share germs with him. I haven't shared the rest of my meal or beverage with him. And did you not hear him say he DIDN'T WANT DESSERT??

Confession: preconceived notions and assumptions drive me batty.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    Vodka in general gives me a headache the next day, but the flavored stuff now is really good (hot chocolate and whipped vodka). My go to for no headache the next day is Captain Morgan's white rum with lime bite and diet soda. Can drink that all day with no headache afterward.
    I don't think anyone intentionally drinks to the level of hangover/vomiting. It just happens when we don't pay attention to how much we drink because we are enjoying ourselves. Hangovers take too long to recover from nowadays, so I just try to avoid it.
  • selena_teresa
    selena_teresa Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    Speaking of sharing food -- does nobody ever eat an entire dessert by themselves in restaurants? Is that why every dessert I order automatically arrives with two utensils and did I just miss that memo?

I dine out fairly often with a longterm male friend who does not care for sweets and rarely manages to finish his entrée... when asked if he wants to order dessert, he always declines... yet the dessert I order turns up with two spoons/forks.

This is not someone with whom I normally swap saliva (thanks for assuming we're in an intimate relationship...) and I really don't want to share germs with him. I haven't shared the rest of my meal or beverage with him. And did you not hear him say he DIDN'T WANT DESSERT??

As a waitress in my former life, once I place an order for dessert it usually is prepped by someone else who doesn't know that the other party said no to dessert and is doing me a solid by supplying extra spoons. Often one would decline and once I bring the dessert they say that it looks fantastic or the other says it's bigger then they though and THEN ask for a spoon to share. I get your confession, just providing the other pov.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options

As a waitress in my former life, once I place an order for dessert it usually is prepped by someone else who doesn't know that the other party said no to dessert and is doing me a solid by supplying extra spoons. Often one would decline and once I bring the dessert they say that it looks fantastic or the other says it's bigger then they though and THEN ask for a spoon to share. I get your confession, just providing the other pov.

That scenario I can totally understand... but why the exception for the dessert course?

My soup doesn't arrive with two spoons, or my salad with two forks. My beverage doesn't come with two straws.

Or the best one... when I order an appetizer dish as my entrée (and clearly specify this) and it shows up early, plunked down in the center of the table.
  • Chappbessi
    Chappbessi Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just ate two whole camemberts, but i only put one on my mfp :smiling_imp:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Chappbessi wrote: »
    I just ate two whole camemberts, but i only put one on my mfp :smiling_imp:

Oh I used to do that. But the Camemberts here are just not binge worthy to me anymore.
  • noaddedsugarx
    noaddedsugarx Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    For dinner tonight I've had a massive chocolate bar and almost a pint of chocolate brownie ice cream. I regret everything.
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options

That scenario I can totally understand... but why the exception for the dessert course?

My soup doesn't arrive with two spoons, or my salad with two forks. My beverage doesn't come with two straws.

Or the best one... when I order an appetizer dish as my entrée (and clearly specify this) and it shows up early, plunked down in the center of the table.

I get what you're saying because most of the time I order an appetizer as my meal and specify it as such so that it arrives when the other entrees do, but often it is placed in the middle of the table, but I KNOW I do not have the patience to be a restaurant server so I just place it where it needs to be. I watch what waiters and waitresses go through and can't believe how some people treat them so I try my best not to get upset easily.

And I appreciate the post above from a former waitress.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    Confession: I am secretly delighted when I notice that the person next to me on the treadmills is running at the same speed that I use for a casual walk.

I also love it when I notice really manly guys who have to adjust the weight machines downward after I use them.

*not that I am competitive or anything*
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I hate splitting dishes with people. Absolutely loathe it. Even if people only take one bite...

I'm ok if we physically split it first though, but otherwise I get pissed if they eat the best bite or something (or eat all the ice cream/whipped cream)... and I'd just rather not have any.

I refuse to share food with people at the movies. Especially popcorn. One person has to hold it, then the person holding it eats most of it. And then the person not holding the bag has to awkwardly reach into the other person's lap to grab some. And if both people reach at the same time it leads to hand bumping and... ugh. I just hate it. We'll each get our own popcorn and be happier.

Confession: I turn into a total pig at the movies. I LOVE LOVE LOVE movie theatre popcorn and shovel it in as fast as a I can. I end up dropping a lot of it too. Some ends up down my shirt, some on the floor, and I've even found a piece that somehow ended up in my hoodie pocket. That's another reason people shouldn't share with me - you might lose a hand!

Movie popcorn is the best thing in the entire world. Next time try it with MMs plain. 1-2 MMs to 4-5 popcorn and chew it up for max yummies! Once I really wanted popcorn but there was no movie I wanted to see so I went, got it and came back to a Netflix movie on my couch. My dog was thrilled when I stood up 2 hours later and she got the fallen ones.

I've done that :) Except I made the mistake of dumping the M&M's directly in the popcorn bag. Of course they all sank to the bottom and I made myself sick on popcorn trying to find them.

While I haven't done it (yet), I'm not against stopping at the theatre to buy popcorn to go!
  • JaimusWilliams
    JaimusWilliams Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    It took me years to actually look in the mirror at myself because of how disgusted I was with myself.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    I never had hangovers until I started drinking champagne. Apparently, mixing champagne and lemoncello will give you a pretty nasty hangover

Sounds really tasty though!

Lol it's amazing
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    As I start planning for halloween, I get giddy thinking about candy corn and peanuts, in the same bowl.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    Seemingly random guy is sending me messages on Facebook in really atrocious Spanish. Dude better explain how he knows me soon or I think that I will have to block him for bad spelling alone.
  • dapunks
    dapunks Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Weird random post

• dapunks
    dapunks Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    dapunks wrote: »
    Weird random post

Just don't ask. :p
  • ladybuggnorris
    ladybuggnorris Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Oh I can not eat Popsicles or fudgicles or eat any ice cream with one of those wooden "spoons" or that has a wooden stick. Just thinking about it is freaking me out.

I cannot even watch OTHER people eat it! I posted about this earlier.....I always thought I was the only one lol

I need to stop reading these posts about Popsicle sticks... I can't stand it! Just the thought of licking that wood gives me the shivers. I hate that! Glad I'm not alone, though

Confession: I often go to bed early so I can resist temptation to eat more. This works!

The sticks don't bother me, but this thread IS making me want a popsicle!
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    It took me years to actually look in the mirror at myself because of how disgusted I was with myself.

Well if that's you in your profile pic with the adorable child it looks like you've triumphed! Good for you! No need to waste precious time of our lives being miserable. Change is possible for all of us.
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I hate splitting dishes with people. Absolutely loathe it. Even if people only take one bite...

I'm ok if we physically split it first though, but otherwise I get pissed if they eat the best bite or something (or eat all the ice cream/whipped cream)... and I'd just rather not have any.

Yes! Eventually I just told my husband that splitting food is not good for our marriage. He eats faster than I do, and it just makes me so mad when he eats more than his share.

• skinnychick33
    skinnychick33 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    There's lots of food I just can keep in the house because I can't stop eating it! Cookies typically fall into this category. I've thrown out food and poured salt on it so I wouldn't pull it out of the trash and eat it.
    Gross out warning.....I wonder about my bowel movements when losing weight. do yours change? should it change color? ok, yuck.
    It's taken me probably 3 years to move sugar and processed foods out of my life; I just can't bring it home. I try to eat more and more vegetables...I don't like a lot of them but I keep trying. I love cheese too. too much really. I'm sure there is more but that's all I have right now.