Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

Bah. My PMS is way worse now than it was a year ago. And dealing with TOM is not the same experience at all when you're losing weight. One incidence aside, I don't remember at all how my PMS was before I started losing weight... because it probably didn't matter to me if I ate more. Now it does, and it *is* very frustrating when you're a bottomless pit while trying to lose weight.

I also lost my period for a few months, which had never happened to me before, and I had no plan to waste $25 to see my doctor just to be told that it's totally normal (which I ended up doing anyway and wish I hadn't).

Plus honestly if I hadn't talked about my TOM/PMS issues here, I wouldn't have been aware at all that I have a bunch of symptoms of pre-menopause and NOW I can talk to my doctor about it next time I see her... Otherwise it would probably have been brushed off as 'normal PMS stuff'.

So yeah, until it's free to go see a doctor, I hope women feel comfortable asking questions about TOM and PMS here.

I've never posted questions but sure have learned a lot from the threads others have. I agree with Francl27, things change for Women as we age, because you were a certain way and had cramps at 14 sure doesn't mean it's the same losing weight or when you've had kids or are in your 40's. Women's bodies are constantly changing... and every single one of us is different.

Nothing wrong with asking questions, in fact I think the rules point out there's nothing wrong with asking questions that might have been asked before.
    Over weight women tend to have much higher estrogen levels so when losing weight that drops and may cause issues we've never had to deal with in the past..

Asking questions to see if others also have had this or that happen to them, makes sense to me, it's good to not feel like you're the only one, it can be scary.

You hit a thread where many women are saying...'oh yea...happens to me all the time'. A bit comforting and makes you realize you're OK and not the only one it's happening too. :)
  • Hearts_2015
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    I freaked out a little when I couldn't find this thread in the general diet and weight loss forum. Thought it was gone forever.

Looks like it's back! I have the chit chat section blocked since I'm not over there much unless I see a topic of interest in the 'popular section'. So nice to see it's moved to the original place. I think it caught the attention of a far different crowd here then chat chat. It got very derailed over there.
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    misskarne wrote: »
    My confession is that I don't understand people who refuse to drink water. Like, the regular, plain kind with no crystal lite or whatever rubbish like that. It's just water people.

The taste is bland tho.

And clearly the millions of consumers of flavouring additives agree with you, it's a huge market.

It definitely depends on your water supply too. Some well and municipal waters taste downright nasty.

We've got great water here, though. It's the taste of filtered water I can't stand, to me it seems really flat. Straight from the tap for me!

My home city has horrid water, you simply can't drink it from the tap. When I moved, it blew my mind that I could drink tap water, and now the filtered water back home tastes weird!

My home city has recycled waste water coming through the tap! YUCK! I refuse to drink that. I also in my current city got cryptosporidiosis (if you do not know what this is, google it - terrible stuff) once from drinking tap water after a sewage spill in our water system, so I just simply cannot drink it anymore. I do drink bottled water though, and a lot of it. People think I am terrible because of the environmental aspect of drinking bottled water but I just cannot drink tap water.

Install a small Reverse Osmosis system under your kitchen sink. You AND the environment can thank me later. It's. The. SH1T.
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    I TRULY, TRULY, TRULY wish people would search the forums before starting a new topic!!! Every time I see another "I gained 5 pounds because TOM, is this normal?" (or insert your least fav thread title here) thread, I want to pull the OP through my computer and strangle them.

I hear you ...but the search feature doesn't allow bring up what we want it to. Thus ppl beginning new topics. Plus I sometimes wonder if new ppl that perhaps haven't used a forum before know much about there even being a search feature etc.

I didn't 5 years ago or whenever I joined. I've been on forums but small ones and various Yahoo Groups...very different than this type. So might be part of it?

Bah. My PMS is way worse now than it was a year ago. And dealing with TOM is not the same experience at all when you're losing weight. One incidence aside, I don't remember at all how my PMS was before I started losing weight... because it probably didn't matter to me if I ate more. Now it does, and it *is* very frustrating when you're a bottomless pit while trying to lose weight.

I also lost my period for a few months, which had never happened to me before, and I had no plan to waste $25 to see my doctor just to be told that it's totally normal (which I ended up doing anyway and wish I hadn't).

Plus honestly if I hadn't talked about my TOM/PMS issues here, I wouldn't have been aware at all that I have a bunch of symptoms of pre-menopause and NOW I can talk to my doctor about it next time I see her... Otherwise it would probably have been brushed off as 'normal PMS stuff'.

So yeah, until it's free to go see a doctor, I hope women feel comfortable asking questions about TOM and PMS here.

snip.....ETA In several parts of the world it is free to see a Dr
    LOL
    Sure not free in the US!!

I don't know ANY gyno that cost $25! Try $200-$300 Besides threads can be skipped if they aren't of interest to you. ;) Funny how much time men spend complaining of the PMS threads yet how much time they spend in them...it's like they can't look away. Something must hold their interest. :) Or maybe just something else to complain about?

Absolutely nothing wrong with Women asking other Women questions that may help them feel reassured about there health. Most women are just far more open than men. Other wise we've have threads of men asking one another questions about their health, which wouldn't be a bad ideas to see on the boards. It's just not common to see very often and wouldn't be a bad idea if we did see that.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    I don't really think twice about the TOM threads because they're so common in keto. Sometimes women get it twice the first month while their body adjusts, and it freaks them out. There are also a lot of women with PCOS who are trying to figure out what to expect when they switch to it, or just want to celebrate finally getting it 2 months in a row.
  • marge1946
    marge1946 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Buying a box of 6 donuts (for the kids of course) eating one on the way home, knowing I can't home home with 5 my family would know I ate one, so what to do hummm well drive around the block until the rest are gone and hide the box
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    I TRULY, TRULY, TRULY wish people would search the forums before starting a new topic!!! Every time I see another "I gained 5 pounds because TOM, is this normal?" (or insert your least fav thread title here) thread, I want to pull the OP through my computer and strangle them.

I hear you ...but the search feature doesn't allow bring up what we want it to. Thus ppl beginning new topics. Plus I sometimes wonder if new ppl that perhaps haven't used a forum before know much about there even being a search feature etc.

I didn't 5 years ago or whenever I joined. I've been on forums but small ones and various Yahoo Groups...very different than this type. So might be part of it?

I admit that I'm very judgey about full grown women asking questions about their TOM. I've been dealing with it for <ahem> years. If something changed, I'd be asking my doctor. Otherwise, I know what's gonna happen, every month.

Totally agree. If I see one more "OMG, it's my period and it's not my fault if I eat thousands of calories, because HORMONES" or "I am bloated" thread, I will scream. Newsflash, it's your period, every woman of child bearing age has one (barring medical issues or birth control that stops it). You will have it every month until menopause (which I have heard is much, much worse) so quit whining about it!
    Also before someone says it, I am a woman, not a man (because everyone knows men have no hormones, right??)

Google is your friend. You can easily look up symptoms on there to gauge if there may be an issue. Or even pay $25 to your Dr and describe your symptoms to him/her. I don't think complaining to a bunch of Internet strangers about a monthly occurrence helps anything because the opinions you will get are so varied. And no one can tell if you are just complaining or there is something really wrong anyway, even if they were qualified to diagnose a medical problem. If you think you have symptoms of perimenopause then then see a Dr. I fail to see why complaining about being hungry/hormonal on the Internet saves women from paying medical co-pays though? I guess that's your own logic.

ETA In several parts of the world it is free to see a Dr

Well, I suppose it is a good thing you don't make the rules. Feel free to go elsewhere if this bothers you.

• Ameengyrl
    Ameengyrl Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I don't measure or weigh my vegetables- not yet anyway. I figure they are very low in calories (and they are). But if I stop losing I will start weighing them.
    ditto. Eh well
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I think my problem in general is inertia. If I'm working I don't want to take a break, and as soon as I stop I can't focus again. If I'm walking I can go for miles and then come home and realize I'm exhausted. If I sleep all day I don't want to get up at all.
    This is why the "eat breakfast so you're full and don't eat a huge lunch" thing doesn't work for me. If I don't eat much, I can get away with eating less for much longer. If I don't eat at all I wonder if I'll ever need to eat again. If I eat more, I turn into a wendigo. Like today.
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    I freaked out a little when I couldn't find this thread in the general diet and weight loss forum. Thought it was gone forever.

So did I... it's been around for quite awhile the last few weeks and still up. lol I figure it must of gotten pulled. But nope.. still here
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    I think my problem in general is inertia. If I'm working I don't want to take a break, and as soon as I stop I can't focus again. If I'm walking I can go for miles and then come home and realize I'm exhausted. If I sleep all day I don't want to get up at all.
    This is why the "eat breakfast so you're full and don't eat a huge lunch" thing doesn't work for me. If I don't eat much, I can get away with eating less for much longer. If I don't eat at all I wonder if I'll ever need to eat again. If I eat more, I turn into a wendigo. Like today.

I am the same way. I always say I am the definition of inertia. I plan on naming my next horse that.
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »

I am the same way. I always say I am the definition of inertia. I plan on naming my next horse that.

Your next horse? **weeping with jealousy** (seriously, that's awesome though.)
  • JiveDoc
    JiveDoc Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I confess...I've been reading some of the comments on this board made about doctors...and I'm totally butt-hurt.
  • threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Dang I pooped out on page 29 when I saw how many more there are to go. I will have to come back to this later.

I only started losing weight because we agreed to go on vacation with our best friends, and she is the same height as me but weighs 95 pounds, and I didn't want to stand in pictures next to her.

Luckily, now I do it for me. Almost there!
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    JiveDoc wrote: »
    I confess...I've been reading some of the comments on this board made about doctors...and I'm totally butt-hurt.

You should see a proctologist.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options

I admit that I'm very judgey about full grown women asking questions about their TOM. I've been dealing with it for <ahem> years. If something changed, I'd be asking my doctor. Otherwise, I know what's gonna happen, every month.

Lucky you--I never knew what was going to happen as my periods were always irregular or non-existent, except for the years when I was basically bleeding all of the time. Not everybody is healthy and normal.

I would never have asked for medical help on a message board, but women trying to get a sense of what is worth worrying about and what is not...well, it seems understandable.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

Looks like it's back! I have the chit chat section blocked since I'm not over there much unless I see a topic of interest in the 'popular section'. So nice to see it's moved to the original place. I think it caught the attention of a far different crowd here then chat chat. It got very derailed over there.

You can block a whole section?!? Teach me, please!!!
  • sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    The more weight I lose the more judgmental I find myself becoming of other people binging at restaurants...

I do this all the time. Especially when I see obese people, I'm like, yeah...you don't need that. Try a carrot stick instead.
  • sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    JiveDoc wrote: »

You should see a proctologist.

Butt he probably already knows that
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I'm supposed to be working, but I don't have a lot to do, it's Friday, and this thread exists. I'm getting some stuff done, but mostly I'm shuffling papers around occasionally so it looks like I'm doing something productive.

That was me yesterday. Except I have a LOT to do. My "doing something productive" ploy was transposing numbers into a document, pretty mindless.