Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Oh and I'm very sad that this thread was moved to the chit chat forum, because I know it's going to die off now.

This makes me sad, too.

Confession: I've not done a real workout all week. I've used my daughter visiting and now the ice outside as an excuse.

I used the snow as an excuse to not do my regular workout, but I forced myself to shovel my driveway & sidewalk, my two neighbors, and the woman across the street. I shoveled heavy snow for about 2.5 hours and burned some sick calories.

OMG.... how nice are you! Nothing in the world as nice as a neighbor getting a drive or walk shoveled before you get out there. :)
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    I TRULY, TRULY, TRULY wish people would search the forums before starting a new topic!!! Every time I see another "I gained 5 pounds because TOM, is this normal?" (or insert your least fav thread title here) thread, I want to pull the OP through my computer and strangle them.

I hear you ...but the search feature doesn't allow bring up what we want it to. Thus ppl beginning new topics. Plus I sometimes wonder if new ppl that perhaps haven't used a forum before know much about there even being a search feature etc.

I didn't 5 years ago or whenever I joined. I've been on forums but small ones and various Yahoo Groups...very different than this type. So might be part of it?

I admit that I'm very judgey about full grown women asking questions about their TOM. I've been dealing with it for <ahem> years. If something changed, I'd be asking my doctor. Otherwise, I know what's gonna happen, every month.
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    sigh...When I found that I couldn't eat peanut butter in moderation, and had to get it out of my apartment ASAP, I not only threw it away-I drowned the jar in water first so I wouldn't be tempted...

I can't believe I shared that.

I did that with a cake I made for a friend for her birthday. The icing called for melted chocolate, and so I melted a Dairy Milk bar. I only used half of the melted chocolate, and to keep myself from pigging out on what was left (and it was a decent amount), I decided to throw it out. But before I threw it out, I squirted dish detergent into it so that I wouldn't be tempted to dig it out of the garbage.

So...you're not alone.

OMG...we are so NOT alone... think about those that haven't posted about this!
  • GlindaGoodwitch
    GlindaGoodwitch Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I step on the scale every day, (I know I shouldn't...) and am still disappointed that it doesn't drop dramatically from the day before. EVEN THOUGH, that is completely illogical.

Seriously. I'm putting the scale on the top shelf in the closet tonight, and it's not coming out til April 1st.
  • GlindaGoodwitch
    GlindaGoodwitch Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    And I threw out my daughters birthday cake after the party, so I wouldn't eat it. She had some first, don't worry ;)
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Confession: When I go to the gym even though I too wear a long shirt to cover more the yoga pants or leggings, while I work out, I get creeped out by men, usually older, who aren't working out and are staring. Makes me so uncomfortable and then I move to go do something else. I usually text my bf and tell him "Creepy guy staring at me work out" Just in case I get kidnapped
    Glad I got that off my chest. :)

The only time I see this is when I go out dancing. Very rarely there will be lurkers at dance fitness classes/events.

I go right up to them and tell them that there are no spectators--they have to join in! At that point they generally get very embarrassed and leave. :)
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    I step on the scale every day, (I know I shouldn't...) and am still disappointed that it doesn't drop dramatically from the day before. EVEN THOUGH, that is completely illogical.

Seriously. I'm putting the scale on the top shelf in the closet tonight, and it's not coming out til April 1st.

I've actually gotten rid of multiple scales because of this. I have one in my closet now, and I still haul it out several times per week. Ugh.

I haven't done it in a while, but I've also thrown out food and ruined it first. We have to do what we have to do.
  • Hearts_2015
    Options

I've actually gotten rid of multiple scales because of this. I have one in my closet now, and I still haul it out several times per week. Ugh.

I haven't done it in a while, but I've also thrown out food and ruined it first. (*) We have to do what we have to do.

• fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Confession: our IT department brings in donuts every Friday. I used to always grab one in the morning with my coffee. I haven't had one in over two months but kind of get a sick satisfaction seeing certain people go back for 2-3.

Although sometimes I like to walk past them just to smell the sugary goodness.
  • azulvioleta6
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    Here's one that isn't food related. I grew a mustache and bought a fedora partly because they're not in style (especially in my demographic).

I take it you're not an American

I am, but I definitely don't see people in my age bracket with mustaches around these parts (south Florida). And I mean just a mustache, it doesn't count to have a mustache and beard. If I see men with a mustache, their hair is usually greying. Either that, or they're fellow nerds at anime/comic conventions.
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    My first thought was redditor
    I don't like Reddit. I find the website's design to be poor.

Move to Portland...or Brooklyn.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    Here's one that isn't food related. I grew a mustache and bought a fedora partly because they're not in style (especially in my demographic).

I take it you're not an American

I am, but I definitely don't see people in my age bracket with mustaches around these parts (south Florida). And I mean just a mustache, it doesn't count to have a mustache and beard. If I see men with a mustache, their hair is usually greying. Either that, or they're fellow nerds at anime/comic conventions.
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    My first thought was redditor
    I don't like Reddit. I find the website's design to be poor.

Move to Portland...or Brooklyn.

No don't! Any more fedoras and/or moustaches and they'll implode into a black hole of hipsterness and you'll never hear about them again.
  • azulvioleta6
    Options
    I know it's terrible but judgement free right? If I saw a guy checking me out at the gym, I would be on cloud 9 for the rest of the day. Maybe someday...30lbs from now...

A couple of weeks ago, I had THREE guys try to flirt with me on my way to/from the grocery store. It's only a half mile walk each way. These weren't even Latinos...Latin guys often flirt with me, but most American men ignore me completely.

This totally confuses me as I am old, not very attractive and still pretty fat. Must have been the red sweater and tight jeans!

My point is...it will happen, probably sooner than you think!
  • schonton
    schonton Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I haven't worked out since Monday and i'm still sore from that workout.

I weigh myself almost every morning on my wii and get greatly annoyed when it shows my BMI and says "that's obese" or when I step on the board and it goes "ooo".

My main motivation for losing weight is so that people will notice me. and my main deterant for losing weight is the excess skin that I will probably develop.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    I TRULY, TRULY, TRULY wish people would search the forums before starting a new topic!!! Every time I see another "I gained 5 pounds because TOM, is this normal?" (or insert your least fav thread title here) thread, I want to pull the OP through my computer and strangle them.

I hear you ...but the search feature doesn't allow bring up what we want it to. Thus ppl beginning new topics. Plus I sometimes wonder if new ppl that perhaps haven't used a forum before know much about there even being a search feature etc.

I didn't 5 years ago or whenever I joined. I've been on forums but small ones and various Yahoo Groups...very different than this type. So might be part of it?

I think part of it is desktop vs app, too. IMO, the app is really counter-intuitive for navigating the forums, since it seems the bar with the search option only shows until the ad underneath it finishes loading, and you won't see it again unless you happen to scroll up. On a desktop it's always there in multiple places.
  • Heartisalonelyhunter
    Heartisalonelyhunter Posts: 786 Member
    Options

I admit that I'm very judgey about full grown women asking questions about their TOM. I've been dealing with it for <ahem> years. If something changed, I'd be asking my doctor. Otherwise, I know what's gonna happen, every month.

Totally agree. If I see one more "OMG, it's my period and it's not my fault if I eat thousands of calories, because HORMONES" or "I am bloated" thread, I will scream. Newsflash, it's your period, every woman of child bearing age has one (barring medical issues or birth control that stops it). You will have it every month until menopause (which I have heard is much, much worse) so quit whining about it!
    Also before someone says it, I am a woman, not a man (because everyone knows men have no hormones, right??)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options

Totally agree. If I see one more "OMG, it's my period and it's not my fault if I eat thousands of calories, because HORMONES" or "I am bloated" thread, I will scream. Newsflash, it's your period, every woman of child bearing age has one (barring medical issues or birth control that stops it). You will have it every month until menopause (which I have heard is much, much worse) so quit whining about it!
    Also before someone says it, I am a woman, not a man (because everyone knows men have no hormones, right??)

Bah. My PMS is way worse now than it was a year ago. And dealing with TOM is not the same experience at all when you're losing weight. One incidence aside, I don't remember at all how my PMS was before I started losing weight... because it probably didn't matter to me if I ate more. Now it does, and it *is* very frustrating when you're a bottomless pit while trying to lose weight.

I also lost my period for a few months, which had never happened to me before, and I had no plan to waste $25 to see my doctor just to be told that it's totally normal (which I ended up doing anyway and wish I hadn't).

Plus honestly if I hadn't talked about my TOM/PMS issues here, I wouldn't have been aware at all that I have a bunch of symptoms of pre-menopause and NOW I can talk to my doctor about it next time I see her... Otherwise it would probably have been brushed off as 'normal PMS stuff'.

So yeah, until it's free to go see a doctor, I hope women feel comfortable asking questions about TOM and PMS here.
  • Heartisalonelyhunter
    Heartisalonelyhunter Posts: 786 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

Bah. My PMS is way worse now than it was a year ago. And dealing with TOM is not the same experience at all when you're losing weight. One incidence aside, I don't remember at all how my PMS was before I started losing weight... because it probably didn't matter to me if I ate more. Now it does, and it *is* very frustrating when you're a bottomless pit while trying to lose weight.

I also lost my period for a few months, which had never happened to me before, and I had no plan to waste $25 to see my doctor just to be told that it's totally normal (which I ended up doing anyway and wish I hadn't).

Plus honestly if I hadn't talked about my TOM/PMS issues here, I wouldn't have been aware at all that I have a bunch of symptoms of pre-menopause and NOW I can talk to my doctor about it next time I see her... Otherwise it would probably have been brushed off as 'normal PMS stuff'.

So yeah, until it's free to go see a doctor, I hope women feel comfortable asking questions about TOM and PMS here.

Google is your friend. You can easily look up symptoms on there to gauge if there may be an issue. Or even pay $25 to your Dr and describe your symptoms to him/her. I don't think complaining to a bunch of Internet strangers about a monthly occurrence helps anything because the opinions you will get are so varied. And no one can tell if you are just complaining or there is something really wrong anyway, even if they were qualified to diagnose a medical problem. If you think you have symptoms of perimenopause then then see a Dr. I fail to see why complaining about being hungry/hormonal on the Internet saves women from paying medical co-pays though? I guess that's your own logic.

ETA In several parts of the world it is free to see a Dr
  • Mpol2
    Mpol2 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    JSurita2 wrote: »
    JSurita2 wrote: »
    My dinner last night was 2 huge glasses of port.

*hangs head in shame*

Good port?

Eh...just a Ruby but it was good to me. I downed a 750ml bottle (well almost) in 2 huge goblets. I feel better saying I had 2 glasses then an entire bottle. :wink:

No cheese to go with?
  • iamlynn74
    iamlynn74 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Confession. I use my Hypothyroidism as an excuse. I am king of the cookies. Oreo, double stuffed oreo, red velvet oreo. Damn near tackled a girl scout cookie mom cause she was packing up her table.....no seriously.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    I freaked out a little when I couldn't find this thread in the general diet and weight loss forum. Thought it was gone forever.