Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »
    Speaking of social media. I hate it when couples have fights and then rush to Facebook to change their status to "it's complicated"...

What does "it's complicated" even mean?
    Is that a Utah thing? Maybe it means he's in love with her but the restraining order keeps them apart? They're married but she's dating other guys while he's in prison?
    Seriously though, either you're a couple or you're not...
    I suspect for a lot of guys who say it's complicated they really just can't come to terms with the fact she's just not that into him.

(If anyone here has a complicated relationship, is in prison or has a spouse in prison or lives in Utah, I am not judging you. I love you all.)
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Don't you hate when someone recommends something to you, and you want to jump into it because it sounds like everything you ever wanted in 344 pages, and it's not stocked anywhere locally. So then you're resorted to pirating a copy offline while you wait for the order you placed to actually support the author to show up in 5-7 days.

gobbledygook.

~~ this happens to some people, i do not condone pirating anything ~~
  • katalinax87
    katalinax87 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Speaking of social media. I hate it when couples have fights and then rush to Facebook to change their status to "it's complicated"...

Should be a law against airing your dirty laundry on facebook. I hate the attention seekers, you know the ones who put their status as 'can't believe what just happened.....' or 'I'm so sad...' and then have a legion of idiots asking what's wrong. They're attention seeking, that's what's wrong you bellend!

That usually goes..."OMG what's wrong? Call me!" Then, "I don't want to talk about it."

Argh just makes me want to go to their house and flick them in the middle of the forehead and tell them to cop on to themselves.

I also hate the gushers. The folks who are always banging on about how much they love their nearest and dearest and how blessed they are. Yeah saying it on facebook constantly doesn't look empty of like your bragging at all. I find it more annoying than getting constant game requests.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    MrsMizart wrote: »
    I want to eat a whole box of Ferrero Roche. On my own. ALL of them. Just for me.

I probably won't...

That's some of my favorite candy. Last year I bought a 30 3-pack box of these from Amazon. Bad idea. lol They're also made by Ferrero: white chocolate and coconut with an almond in the middle. Soooooooo good. I can only get them locally with a combo box of the milk-hazelnut, dark, and white-coconut-almond. I like all three.

Raffaello2.jpg

I love those. I have way too much chocolate in the house though.

Today was my kids' parents conference and my phone started ringing while we were talking to her... Good old LOUD Doctor Who theme. And as if it wasn't enough, that telemarketer left a message so we got to hear my Tardis notification sound too.

So now everyone knows that I am a geek.
  • Amanda4change
    Amanda4change Posts: 620 Member
    Options

Should be a law against airing your dirty laundry on facebook. I hate the attention seekers, you know the ones who put their status as 'can't believe what just happened.....' or 'I'm so sad...' and then have a legion of idiots asking what's wrong. They're attention seeking, that's what's wrong you bellend!

That usually goes..."OMG what's wrong? Call me!" Then, "I don't want to talk about it."

Argh just makes me want to go to their house and flick them in the middle of the forehead and tell them to cop on to themselves.

I also hate the gushers. The folks who are always banging on about how much they love their nearest and dearest and how blessed they are. Yeah saying it on facebook constantly doesn't look empty of like your bragging at all. I find it more annoying than getting constant game requests.

The gushers drive me nuts as well. I will admit if my kid does something super cool I'll post about it, and I usually try to say something nice about my hubby on his birthday and our anniversary (which are conveniently 6 months apart) but other than that he gets nothing from me on social media.
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

This annoys me, too. It's because social media makes people project this image of, "my life is so wonderful and I'm so happy." I'm not like that at all. If things aren't going well, etc. I don't make it seem like the opposite. But I also don't constantly moan and groan either, like some do. It seems like people are one or the other.

What especially annoys me is the people around my age who are married that constantly post, "My amazing husband made me dinner!" blah, blah, blah. *vomit*

ETA: I also hate people who narrate their lives on Facebook. I used to be bad with constantly posting food pics, but I've calmed down with that. One of my Facebook friends constantly post pics of his deluxe nachos, pizza, steak, chili cheese fries, etc. How he is not obese, I have no idea.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »

What does "it's complicated" even mean?
    Is that a Utah thing? Maybe it means he's in love with her but the restraining order keeps them apart? They're married but she's dating other guys while he's in prison?
    Seriously though, either you're a couple or you're not...
    I suspect for a lot of guys who say it's complicated they really just can't come to terms with the fact she's just not that into him.

(If anyone here has a complicated relationship, is in prison or has a spouse in prison or lives in Utah, I am not judging you. I love you all.)

My son wants to know why I'm laughing so hard, going to go figure out how to dodge this bullet.
  • katalinax87
    katalinax87 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I generally post funny stuff my 2.5 year old toddler has done like today...

'Looks like we have nursery sorted for sept, as long as they let Elena back after she tried to drown their rabbit'

• ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options

I have a cousin that does this constantly. She also repeatedly complains about her kids. Yesterday's loving post consisted of 5 or 6 F-bombs saying she wishes her kids would stop *bleeping* crying.

I have one coworker who is supposedly happily married, but most of her facebook posts are of mostly naked guys. The other few posts are about wine, and complaining about being sick (this makes her sick days more believable, I suppose). I'm sorry, but when you're in your 40's, married with kids & your posts are all naked guys & alcohol, I'm judging.
  • Mpol2
    Mpol2 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Confession: One time, my parents took me to this flash mob thing. This was back in the 80's when people did *kitten* as a group and didn't need a flashy name for it. Anyway, we went to this drive-in that was playing a zombie triple feature. We dressed as zombies and shambled out from under the screen while the movies were playing. We banged on all the car windows moaning and pretending to be the undead. Most people thought it was funny, but I remember this one kid was just terrified. I've always felt bad for him and wondered how if he ever recovered from the shock.

Tincanonastring, I love your posts....always good for a LOL. Promise never to leave this thread.
  • caryb2015
    caryb2015 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    sullus wrote: »
    Confession: I have never managed to sit allllllll the way through "Bohemian Rhapsody"

I used to be a Sweet Adeline (women's barbershop singing) and our chorus sang an arrangement of this. Yep, try singing that one in 4-part acapella harmony!

• noaddedsugarx
    noaddedsugarx Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Divia09 wrote: »
    I love chick Fil-a nuggets they are my weakness

Bigot chicken?

THANK YOU VERY MUCH! That is exactly what I thought when I read the two posts here about that place! UGH

*kitten* chick fil a.

Agreed. Never been there. Never will.

Let's not get judgy! I choose not to go there, but I don't particularly care if anyone else goes. The food is bangin' and those shakes...they bring me to the yard every time. Responsible consumerism can only go so far. If we boycotted every place that has ever done something we are personally against, no one would buy anything and we'd all starve to death.

Oh, I'm not judgy about it. I don't care if anybody else goes there, I choose not to. I also haven't been to a Wal-Mart in years and years. I haven't missed them a bit, and I'm sure they don't miss me either.

Now, if only I could think of a reason to boycott Hershey...

For me the taste of Hershey is enough to boycott it.

I'm British and when I tasted Hershey's for the first time I thought it tasted like vomit. Not vomit as in gross and I just didn't like it.. vomit as in literal sick, like the aftertaste I have in mouth when I've puked. I've tried it again since and I still think the same thing.
  • noaddedsugarx
    Options

Bigot chicken?

THANK YOU VERY MUCH! That is exactly what I thought when I read the two posts here about that place! UGH

*kitten* chick fil a.

Let's not get judgy! I choose not to go there, but I don't particularly care if anyone else goes. The food is bangin' and those shakes...they bring me to the yard every time. Responsible consumerism can only go so far. If we boycotted every place that has ever done something we are personally against, no one would buy anything and we'd all starve to death.

Oh, I'm not judgy about it. I don't care if anybody else goes there, I choose not to. I also haven't been to a Wal-Mart in years and years. I haven't missed them a bit, and I'm sure they don't miss me either.

But, Hershey's makes Reese's peanut butter cups!

I never realised this!
  • JennyOne2277
    JennyOne2277 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Ceci_O_K wrote: »
    I still measure my coffee creamer with a tablespoon. I have a mL cup that I could use for the creamer ... just don't. ;)

I don't even use a tablespoon, just pour it straight from the bottle. "That looks about like 2 tablespoons."

I'm so happy to hear that I'm not the only person who does this! I also don't log my coffee or the creamer.....

Me, either
  • noaddedsugarx
    Options

If nobody aired their dirty laundary on Facebook it wouldn't be half as entertaining!
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options

Bigot chicken?

*kitten* chick fil a.

I'm British and when I tasted Hershey's for the first time I thought it tasted like vomit. Not vomit as in gross and I just didn't like it.. vomit as in literal sick, like the aftertaste I have in mouth when I've puked. I've tried it again since and I still think the same thing.

That's intentional. The process that creates that taste was something Hershey did to make chocolate affordable for the masses. So many people in the US have grown up having that as their standard for what chocolate is supposed to taste like, they don't realize how weird it actually is. It's the same situation as commercially produced bread in the US tasting horribly sweet to people from Europe - the standard is to use obnoxious amounts of sugar to speed up the yeast for mass production, but people who spend their whole lives eating it that way don't realize how sweet it is, because it's just how it always has been.
  • kylamajors447
    Options
    It takes a lot for me to even find 1 thing i like about myself most days
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    I have 5 sessions left with my PT after going 3x/week the last 2 months... I havent told him that I dont plan on buying more sessions yet and I'm dreading having to break it to him because we really get along well. I wanna start NROL and figure stuff out on my own, and $50/h is really expensive. I've only been using him to teach me proper form when doing weights. I think he's gonna be very disappointed :/
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »
    Confession: I have never managed to sit allllllll the way through "Bohemian Rhapsody"

Of all the things posted in this thread I find this one of the most shocking!

It is on the short list of 3 songs I hate so much I can't listen to them.

Well, while I like the song I can understand where you're coming from now. There are a couple of songs that make me stabby and not in a good way.
  • GinNJuice75
    GinNJuice75 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I keep self sabotaging myself. As in i will eat good for so long then eat things i am not supposed to eat for a whole weekend. I will also make a cake for others in my family yet i keep picking at it and eating it too. I have an addiction to no sugar added candies as well and i dont know how to stop