Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• apennock
    apennock Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I was going to eat clean during the day today so I could go out to a birthday dinner guilt free tonight...

Started the day with the McDonald's drive thru and then ate a gas station donut that someone brought into work.

WHOOPS
  • MsJennyffer
    MsJennyffer Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    gracie2586 wrote: »
    Sometimes if i start the day off with something bad for me like a donut i figure the day is already blown so i will purposefully seek out every bad for me food that i crave and eat them all in that one day it turns into an expensive all day super binge

Ugh I know that feeling too well. People tell me "just have a piece" "don't deprive yourself" problem is I am better off saying no, because If I say yes, I will say yes for the rest of the day.
  • songs_of_spring1821
    Options
    Last night I rebelled by eating six Tagalongs and not counting them into my calories for the day. :neutral_face:
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    I don't measure or weigh my vegetables- not yet anyway. I figure they are very low in calories (and they are). But if I stop losing I will start weighing them.
  • jenniator
    jenniator Posts: 475 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I decided to eat 50 grams of chocolate (272.5 calories) instead of a Turkey Sandwich (200 calories) because I was craving chocolate so badly and I haven't had it in a while :( It's also my weakness. Worst of all I knew eating the chocolate wouldn't fill me up one bit and the Turkey sandwich would've been the better option since it would've made me fuller. But lucky dinner is in a few hours, so it was worth it for me. :)
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    nuffer wrote: »
    I hate sleeping. It's stupid and a waste of time spending so many hours mindlessly drooling on a cotton-padded platform. Yes, I know staying awake too many hours contributed greatly to my weight gain all these years. But my inner toddler is still afraid he's going to miss out on ... something.

I know you're speaking English, but I do not understand the words you're saying. I absolutely LOVE sleeping and I'm sad every morning when I have to drag my butt out of my wonderfully comfortable and warm bed.

Sometimes my first thought in the morning is "I can't wait to go to bed tonight"

• songs_of_spring1821
    songs_of_spring1821 Posts: 6 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    jenniator wrote: »
    I decided to eat 50 grams of chocolate (272.5 calories) instead of a Turkey Sandwich (210 calories) because I was craving chocolate so badly and I haven't had it in a while :( It's also my weakness. Worst of all I knew eating the chocolate wouldn't fill me up one bit and the Turkey sandwich would've been the better option since it would've made me fuller. But lucky dinner is in a few hours, so it was worth it for me. :)

I actually had a similar battle with myself last night. I seriously considered skipping the chicken-and-veggies dinner I had planned and having an entire box of Girl Scout cookies instead. The madness didn't last long, but...it was a close thing.
  • natant88
    natant88 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Confession: I drink black coffee but I actually hate it, tastes like rusty car sweat
  • MrCoolGrim
    MrCoolGrim Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    apennock wrote: »
    I was going to eat clean during the day today so I could go out to a birthday dinner guilt free tonight...

Started the day with the McDonald's drive thru and then ate a gas station donut that someone brought into work.

WHOOPS
    Ceci_O_K wrote: »
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    Confession: I feel bad for derailing a decent OP that was trying to bring just a little peace between the clean-eaters and the moderationers. It is now a pit of marshmallow peep food and unrelated gifs.

You should feel no shame. The peeps are the only thing redeeming that thread from the cat fight it's now devolved into.

My confession: Not one time in my life have I ever tasted a peep.
    2nd confession: I lifted the peep pizza picture from google images. I would certainly not defile a pizza in such a manner in real life.

It did get a bit surreal there for a second with all the peep talk, didn't it? Yeah, that brouhaha got ridiculous, but someone just posted a bunch of links to what appears to be bad science, so maybe the thread will experience a resurgence in awesomeness!

I confess that I am sad that thread got closed. So here's my contribution:
    bacon-peeps-main.jpg

Those are not part of my fitness regiment. I only eat clean peeps.

giphy.gif
  • jenniator
    jenniator Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I actually had a similar battle with myself last night. I seriously considered skipping the chicken-and-veggies dinner I had planned and having an entire box of Girl Scout cookies instead. The madness didn't last long, but...it was a close thing.[/quote]

I know exactly how you feel! Girl Scout cookies are very addicting. My favorite are the thin mints. It's really difficult to only eat a few. Unfortunately they don't have them hear in the Netherlands, but maybe that's a good thing since I can't control myself around them ha ha. :P But good job picking the chicken and veggie dinner instead! It does take a lot of will power to resist girl scout cookies. :)

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    nuffer wrote: »
    I hate sleeping. It's stupid and a waste of time spending so many hours mindlessly drooling on a cotton-padded platform. Yes, I know staying awake too many hours contributed greatly to my weight gain all these years. But my inner toddler is still afraid he's going to miss out on ... something.

I know you're speaking English, but I do not understand the words you're saying. I absolutely LOVE sleeping and I'm sad every morning when I have to drag my butt out of my wonderfully comfortable and warm bed.

Sometimes my first thought in the morning is "I can't wait to go to bed tonight"

@ShibaEars‌ I think we were separated at birth.

My husband and I had a very busy day yesterday. Then my daughter had a band concert that took up most of the evening, then, we went to his oldest daughter's new apartment to take them a couch and bar stools. When we finally made it home for the night (10:30 or later) we both crawl into bed and he says "I've been waiting for this all day".

And that's why we're married. :D

• marywilkinson1984
    marywilkinson1984 Posts: 13 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    My thighs clap together during some workouts...I have lost weight, but still have a lot to go. It embarrasses me and I hope no one notices
  • knot_enough
    knot_enough Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I once killed a man to gain his strength so I can PR on my deadlifts.
  • Praying_Mantis
    Praying_Mantis Posts: 239 Member
    Options

Thus putting the 'dead' in your deadlift?
  • MrCoolGrim
    MrCoolGrim Posts: 351 Member
    Options

giphy.gif
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I decided to eat 50 grams of chocolate (272.5 calories) instead of a Turkey Sandwich (210 calories) because I was craving chocolate so badly and I haven't had it in a while :( It's also my weakness. Worst of all I knew eating the chocolate wouldn't fill me up one bit and the Turkey sandwich would've been the better option since it would've made me fuller. But lucky dinner is in a few hours, so it was worth it for me. :)

I actually had a similar battle with myself last night. I seriously considered skipping the chicken-and-veggies dinner I had planned and having an entire box of Girl Scout cookies instead. The madness didn't last long, but...it was a close thing.

I've had a piece of cheesecake for lunch, but it's more filling than cookies.

But I've been hungrier lately and had a 195 calories hazelnut Suchard Rocher at lunch and I know I'm going to regret it later... but it was totally worth it (in my defense, when I asked my mom to buy me some, I asked her to buy the SMALL ones... the 70 calorie ones. She thought those 195 calories monsters were the small ones. I can't even imagine what she thinks are the big ones).

But I should really have saved calories for a snack this afternoon instead. Oh well. If I don't starve all day it should still fit my calories.

I've also had chocolate chip French toast with ricotta every morning for breakfast this week, even though it doesn't fill me up that much for the calories (450 for 3 slices), but it's too delicious and I still have some of the chocolate chip swirl loaf left, so I have to finish it... Probably one of the reasons I've been hungrier lately too.
  • songs_of_spring1821
    edited March 2015
    Options

I know exactly how you feel! Girl Scout cookies are very addicting. My favorite are the thin mints. It's really difficult to only eat a few. Unfortunately they don't have them hear in the Netherlands, but maybe that's a good thing since I can't control myself around them ha ha. :P But good job picking the chicken and veggie dinner instead! It does take a lot of will power to resist girl scout cookies. :)[/quote]

Haha, thank you for the congratulations! I was actually pretty proud of myself, so it's good to hear from somebody else.

Tonight, I'm going to freeze all the cookies I bought so that if I want them, they'll have to take time to thaw, and that will give me time to talk myself out of eating more than I should. lol
  • songs_of_spring1821
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

I've had a piece of cheesecake for lunch, but it's more filling than cookies.

But I've been hungrier lately and had a 195 calories hazelnut Suchard Rocher at lunch and I know I'm going to regret it later... but it was totally worth it (in my defense, when I asked my mom to buy me some, I asked her to buy the SMALL ones... the 70 calorie ones. She thought those 195 calories monsters were the small ones. I can't even imagine what she thinks are the big ones).

But I should really have saved calories for a snack this afternoon instead. Oh well. If I don't starve all day it should still fit my calories.

I've also had chocolate chip French toast with ricotta every morning for breakfast this week, even though it doesn't fill me up that much for the calories (450 for 3 slices), but it's too delicious and I still have some of the chocolate chip swirl loaf left, so I have to finish it... Probably one of the reasons I've been hungrier lately too.

This entire post just reminded me that it's time for lunch. My turkey sandwich and 100-calorie pack of Pringles don't seem nearly as appetizing anymore. lol Only French toast will do!
  • deannaaaaaaaaa
    deannaaaaaaaaa Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    This was pre-dieting, but I accidentally turned myself off of eating cottage cheese because I thought I could eat a little and put it back (so I didn't waste a bowl for a small amount). I stopped ever wanting cottage cheese after I pounded 3 of the 16 oz tubs in a week.

Actually, dieting in general has shown me I had a really bad habit of eating food out of the containers instead of portioning it out.

I mostly eat out of tupperware because I don't like using real bowls/plates. Especially if it's hot food (the plate always gets so hot!).

I DO THIS WITH COTTAGE CHEESE TOO!
  • MsJennyffer
    MsJennyffer Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    If I eat something "bad" in the morning such as a doughnut, it triggers an entire day of bad decisions and in my logic I might as well not go to the gym. ( I know its even more reason to go)
    BUT
    On days where I am "good" it makes me keep consistent and makes me want to go to the gym even more. Weird right ?

I am also like that in the way that I am my busiest during the week, working full-time and going to school, and I can still manage to have energy to work out after, but when I am off on the weekend like Sunday I just can't , its my lazy day and as much as I know I should because I have the entire day of nothing to do, I still don't go.