Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    If I eat something "bad" in the morning such as a doughnut, it triggers an entire day of bad decisions and in my logic I might as well not go to the gym. ( I know its even more reason to go)
    BUT
    On days where I am "good" it makes me keep consistent and makes me want to go to the gym even more. Weird right ?

I sometimes follow this logic too. Because, well, if I've eaten crap food all day, working out is going to be hard because I haven't fueled my body properly, so it's just not worth going. :|
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Confession: I am leaving work for the day in 30 minutes and I cannot seem to concentrate long enough to actually get anything done. I'm too antsy.
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    jenniator wrote: »
    I actually had a similar battle with myself last night. I seriously considered skipping the chicken-and-veggies dinner I had planned and having an entire box of Girl Scout cookies instead. The madness didn't last long, but...it was a close thing.

I know exactly how you feel! Girl Scout cookies are very addicting. My favorite are the thin mints. It's really difficult to only eat a few. Unfortunately they don't have them hear in the Netherlands, but maybe that's a good thing since I can't control myself around them ha ha. :P But good job picking the chicken and veggie dinner instead! It does take a lot of will power to resist girl scout cookies. :)

Haha, thank you for the congratulations! I was actually pretty proud of myself, so it's good to hear from somebody else.

Tonight, I'm going to freeze all the cookies I bought so that if I want them, they'll have to take time to thaw, and that will give me time to talk myself out of eating more than I should. lol[/quote]

That would not help me at all. I think frozen girl scout cookies are delicious, kinda like frozen Reese's peanut butter cups

• ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    This morning I was so happy that my weight finally went down that I did a little dance in the bathroom whilst chanting the new number lol
  • 52cardpickup
    52cardpickup Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    This morning I was so happy that my weight finally went down that I did a little dance in the bathroom whilst chanting the new number lol

I have definitely done this... except my scale's in my bedroom and I have to do it quietly so my husband doesn't wake up and think I'm more of a weirdo than he already thinks I am.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    Thin mints are actually better frozen. Freezing cookies doesn't slow me down one bit.
  • caryb2015
    caryb2015 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Tonight, I'm going to freeze all the cookies I bought so that if I want them, they'll have to take time to thaw, and that will give me time to talk myself out of eating more than I should. lol

That trick has never worked for me. When I want a treat that is frozen I eat it in the frozen state, rarely even defrosting with micro when that option is available.

• kreding0213
    Options
    The day my period started I ate an entire pizza and hid it from my fiance.
    quote="MKEgal;31109586"]Just before my period, I get huge cravings for really bad-for-me food... This week, in 2 days I ate a whole package of Oreos. (But I had them with skim milk! Does that help at all?)
    I really wish menopause would happen soon. (No chance; it's probably at least another 5 years away.) :disappointed:
    The rest of the month, I can take it or leave it. Those few days, no cookie or chip is safe.
    I was craving something sweet the other night but had absolutely nothing in the house that would satisfy me except some hot chocolate. So I ate two spoonfuls of the powder. Two spoonfuls. Of the powder.
    I used to do that all the time, but it was more than 2 spoonsful. :sob:
    It's much too good. Now I don't think I even have any in the house.
    funjen1972 wrote:
    I wear the same stinky workout clothes for several days without washing. Ewww gross, I know. Always change my socks though lol
    I always change my socks & underwear, but the shorts, bra, & t-shirt get aired out. In the summer I hang them & my towels on the clothesline outside before I even go into the house from the gym.

Actually, the bra gets hand-washed once a week. The shorts & shirt, in the laundry maybe every other week. And I was just given a second pair of shorts that fit, so maybe they'll only go for a week from now on! [/quote]

• AdrienneKaren
    AdrienneKaren Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Laurend224 wrote: »
    I can't do any type of jumping jacks or running without my belly smacking the top of my thighs. It's really embarrassing. Going to talk to a surgeon about a panniculectomy. Three kids and yo-yoing between 140 and 252 a few times wrecked my belly.

I know the feeling. I did squats the other day and gagged a little when my gut was hanging over the sides of my legs.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    If I eat something "bad" in the morning such as a doughnut, it triggers an entire day of bad decisions and in my logic I might as well not go to the gym. ( I know its even more reason to go)
    BUT
    On days where I am "good" it makes me keep consistent and makes me want to go to the gym even more. Weird right ?

I am also like that in the way that I am my busiest during the week, working full-time and going to school, and I can still manage to have energy to work out after, but when I am off on the weekend like Sunday I just can't , its my lazy day and as much as I know I should because I have the entire day of nothing to do, I still don't go.

For me too but because the donut will not fill me up if it's all I have in the morning. If I have some protein with it, I'm fine... but that's why I love counting calories, makes me realize I still have a lot of calories and there's no need to freak out over a donut. lol.
  • PennyVonDread
    PennyVonDread Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Though I initially had no opinion on the subject (aesthetically?) I really, REALLY like having a thigh gap. I don't ever experience chub rub when wearing shorts or skirts (or while running anymore) and my jeans last more than ~6 months because they don't wear out in the thigh scraper region. It's not something I worked for though, just happened naturally at a BMI of 23 or less for me. But I hear people bashing the gap (including mine personally) all the time, so for fear of triggering others, I never have told anyone how I actually feel about it. Don't hate, mate...
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Though I initially had no opinion on the subject (aesthetically?) I really, REALLY like having a thigh gap. I don't ever experience chub rub when wearing shorts or skirts (or while running anymore) and my jeans last more than ~6 months because they don't wear out in the thigh scraper region. It's not something I worked for though, just happened naturally at a BMI of 23 or less for me. But I hear people bashing the gap (including mine personally) all the time, so for fear of triggering others, I never have told anyone how I actually feel about it. Don't hate, mate...

Good for you! I kinda have one but I have some loose skin in my inner thighs that ruins the effect. But I'm completely neutral about them.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    jenniator wrote: »
    I actually had a similar battle with myself last night. I seriously considered skipping the chicken-and-veggies dinner I had planned and having an entire box of Girl Scout cookies instead. The madness didn't last long, but...it was a close thing.

I know exactly how you feel! Girl Scout cookies are very addicting. My favorite are the thin mints. It's really difficult to only eat a few. Unfortunately they don't have them hear in the Netherlands, but maybe that's a good thing since I can't control myself around them ha ha. :P But good job picking the chicken and veggie dinner instead! It does take a lot of will power to resist girl scout cookies. :)

Haha, thank you for the congratulations! I was actually pretty proud of myself, so it's good to hear from somebody else.

Tonight, I'm going to freeze all the cookies I bought so that if I want them, they'll have to take time to thaw, and that will give me time to talk myself out of eating more than I should. lol

That would not help me at all. I think frozen girl scout cookies are delicious, kinda like frozen Reese's peanut butter cups

Frozen Tagalongs are the best!
  • KingofWisdom
    KingofWisdom Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    It's funny to me in a weird way that my brother struggles to gain weight while I struggle with obesity and have been overweight since I was a child.
  • MsJennyffer
    MsJennyffer Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    It's funny to me in a weird way that my brother struggles to gain weight while I struggle with obesity and have been overweight since I was a child.

My brother and I are the same way! ( but we have different dads)
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    I once killed a man to gain his strength so I can PR on my deadlifts.

And did it work? Any side effects?
  • klkateri
    klkateri Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Here's my confession: I'm working out, walking, eating a deficient almost everyday and not seeing much movement on the scale. In my udder frustration, I've been taking a diet pill with dinner to maybe help amp up my lose. I feel like I'm cheating like I should be able to do this by myself but I also tell myself that help is ok. Even my doctor ok'ed them once a day as long as I don't rely on them totally and then, just a a tool to get my weight going down but in the back of my mind I feel like a total, udder, useless, lazy, fat loser.

Wow, that's a bit sadder typed out then just sitting in my head. Aw well.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Ceci_O_K wrote: »
    Frozen Tagalongs are the best!
    I've got a few Tag A Longs logged for today. You kind of make me want to go into the kitchen and throw them into the freezer.

• wesley58
    wesley58 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I lie about my relationship with my wife to family and friends because I don't want them to think that I am a failure. There that is off my chest.
  • timothyweaver2014
    timothyweaver2014 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    The more weight I lose the more judgmental I find myself becoming of other people binging at restaurants...