Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Confession: when people (adult people, not children, not around children) say things like "what the heck" it really bothers me. It makes it sound less emphatic than either using the actual swear word or just saying the sentence. There's something "why the heck not?" that I can't take seriously.

Haahaa I was in the habit of swearing like a sailor and it was NOT work appropriate so I have trained myself to use old fashioned, fuddy-duddy exclamations like "gosh!" and "goodness" and "poot" and "pshaw". Now I get teasted about it.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    The only time I kind of hate my Fitbit is on swim days when I am not doing any dancing. That doesn't happen often, but sheesh! I feel like I've had to do a ton of intentional stepping just to get to a measly 10,000.
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    Confession: when people (adult people, not children, not around children) say things like "what the heck" it really bothers me. It makes it sound less emphatic than either using the actual swear word or just saying the sentence. There's something "why the heck not?" that I can't take seriously.

Haahaa I was in the habit of swearing like a sailor and it was NOT work appropriate so I have trained myself to use old fashioned, fuddy-duddy exclamations like "gosh!" and "goodness" and "poot" and "pshaw". Now I get teasted about it.

Something like "goodness" or "pshaw" I think is actually kind of cute and funny--the really old-fashioned ones that no one really uses anymore. Or maybe exclamations are all fine with me. It's just the other ones that bother me. Like, either swear or don't. But that's just me :P
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    I just ate dinner and its 11:30.

Sadly I do this at least weekly
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

Something like "goodness" or "pshaw" I think is actually kind of cute and funny--the really old-fashioned ones that no one really uses anymore. Or maybe exclamations are all fine with me. It's just the other ones that bother me. Like, either swear or don't. But that's just me :P

OH, and "golly". I use golly a LOT.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I usually hold my poop for the gym so I don't have to stink my bathroom and use my toilet paper.

I'd much rather use a toilet where I know who's bum has been on it...

Agreed. I do not use public toilets unless it is 100% necessary, and even then, I will clean it as best I can with bleach wipes or whatever I have on me....I can literally go 14+ hours without peeing while I am out....and I drink a LOT of water....
    I'm impressed with your bladder capacity/control. I had three big babies in 5 years and pee at every opportunity.
    I confess that Germs don't bother me much. I sit.

Most people are lol
    When I was young, my friends and I would go to the bar every weekend about 11pm, I would drink all night (say 10-15 drinks), usually leave the bar around 3 and most times go out to eat and I would not pee until I got home. They said that would change after having kids, 17 years ago I gave natural birth to a 12 pound baby, still not peeing til I get home!
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options

I used to work around kids so swearing was totally not okay. I came up with some pretty creative alternatives.
  • stephaniels0416
    stephaniels0416 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I usually hold my poop for the gym so I don't have to stink my bathroom and use my toilet paper.

I'd much rather use a toilet where I know who's bum has been on it...

Agreed. I do not use public toilets unless it is 100% necessary, and even then, I will clean it as best I can with bleach wipes or whatever I have on me....I can literally go 14+ hours without peeing while I am out....and I drink a LOT of water....
    I'm impressed with your bladder capacity/control. I had three big babies in 5 years and pee at every opportunity.
    I confess that Germs don't bother me much. I sit.

Most people are lol
    When I was young, my friends and I would go to the bar every weekend about 11pm, I would drink all night (say 10-15 drinks), usually leave the bar around 3 and most times go out to eat and I would not pee until I got home. They said that would change after having kids, 17 years ago I gave natural birth to a 12 pound baby, still not peeing til I get home!

Add me to only peeing at home unless absolutely necessary. I'll go one further and say I've lived in my house for 7 years and I've never used the spare bathroom. It drives me crazy when people use my bathroom. There's a perfectly good spare bathroom for guests, stay out of mine.
  • nuffer
    nuffer Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Confess: People who do not use turn signals should not be allowed to drive due to their disability.
  • lisawinning4losing
    lisawinning4losing Posts: 726 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I weigh myself 2-3 times or more every time I go to the gym. Before I work out, after I work out, before I use the bathroom, after I use the bathroom, etc. I'm just trying to get an accurate idea of what my weight actually is, though I try not to stress over every little pound. The other day I lost half a pound just by taking a dump. Lol.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    nuffer wrote: »
    Confess: People who do not use turn signals should not be allowed to drive due to their disability.

Oh, I thought it was just those swishy modern cars that didn't have them! ;)
  • stenchdog4000
    stenchdog4000 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Breakfast today consisted of coffee and jaffa cakes...
  • Eremeli
    Eremeli Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Confession: I had a night out on Saturday with a few friends, and Sunday morning was the first time in my 4 (legal) years of drinking that I vomited from too many shots. I probably shouldn't be as proud of this as I actually am.
  • trinablue85
    trinablue85 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I started taking garcinia cambogia today. Hoping it will give me a little boost in my weight loss because im at my biggest weight ever.
  • trinablue85
    trinablue85 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I started taking garcia cambogia today. Hoping it will give me a little boost in my weight loss because im at my biggest weight ever.
  • noaddedsugarx
    noaddedsugarx Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    All of you people who've never been hungover - that's amazing! When I was a student I was hungover every single weekend. Honestly I put on most of my weight from drinking my calories and the poor food choices that came with it. I'll still have a drink on a Saturday but any other time it's just not worth it. I like going to the gym and working out too much now and any sort of exercise with a hangover is torture!
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options

OH, and "golly". I use golly a LOT.

I work with children and teenagers so obviously swearing has to be out (no matter how much some of the sixth formers test my sanity), and I secretly love the look of disgust the older ones give me when I use the phrase 'effing and jeffing'. Cracks me up.
  • mocadet95
    mocadet95 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I was suppose to be doing my diet since November 2014.. In reality, I just started my diet today. And only have three months to lose 15 pounds.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    All of you people who've never been hungover - that's amazing! When I was a student I was hungover every single weekend. Honestly I put on most of my weight from drinking my calories and the poor food choices that came with it. I'll still have a drink on a Saturday but any other time it's just not worth it. I like going to the gym and working out too much now and any sort of exercise with a hangover is torture!

Ok explain to me - why make yourself go through that? I don't get it.

About peeing all the time, I sometimes actually dread going to the movies because I know it's going to be torture not to be able to pee for 2.5 hours! 1.5 year ago I went to see a 3 movie marathon and I had to rush to the restroom between each of them, while worried someone was going to take my seat... It sucked. I pee all the time. And I didn't even have kids.

My confession - I need to learn to shut up when I drive. I always complain about other drivers, and not always nicely, and it's setting a bad example for the kids. But really, can't parents pull up all the way in the parking lot when they are dropping off their kids and there are 10+ cars waiting? SHEESH.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    My confession: I signed on today just to post to this thread what I just read in Time magazine: "Prairie Farms dairy company has debuted a line of Peeps-branded milk available in flavors like marshmallow and chocolate marshmallow. The taste is "Peep-tastic" according to a Peeps spokesperson." Who will be the first to try it?!

20 Delicious Facts About Peeps