Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Replies

• Larissa_NY
    Larissa_NY Posts: 495 Member
    Oh I can not eat Popsicles or fudgicles or eat any ice cream with one of those wooden "spoons" or that has a wooden stick. Just thinking about it is freaking me out.

I cannot even watch OTHER people eat it! I posted about this earlier.....I always thought I was the only one lol

I need to stop reading these posts about Popsicle sticks... I can't stand it! Just the thought of licking that wood gives me the shivers. I hate that! Glad I'm not alone, though

Confession: I often go to bed early so I can resist temptation to eat more. This works!

Ugh, popsicle sticks, no. I can't even think about putting one near my mouth without gagging.
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    Speaking of sharing food -- does nobody ever eat an entire dessert by themselves in restaurants? Is that why every dessert I order automatically arrives with two utensils and did I just miss that memo?

I dine out fairly often with a longterm male friend who does not care for sweets and rarely manages to finish his entrée... when asked if he wants to order dessert, he always declines... yet the dessert I order turns up with two spoons/forks.

This is not someone with whom I normally swap saliva (thanks for assuming we're in an intimate relationship...) and I really don't want to share germs with him. I haven't shared the rest of my meal or beverage with him. And did you not hear him say he DIDN'T WANT DESSERT??

Confession: preconceived notions and assumptions drive me batty.

I normally understand the restaurant POV on this--I normally do try to share desserts and it's common for someone to get one and offer a taste to everyone else in my circles, but on my sister's birthday last year I took her out to a restaurant and since we have different taste in desserts we each decided to get one. The server said "oh, you probably don't want two, our desserts are large and meant to be shared." Thanks for shaming us! We went ahead and got both.

How big was it? Last time I shared something with my husband the server said it was really for one person and we shared it... and it was plenty for two! Two brownies, one scoop of ice cream and some whipped cream. I don't know in what world that woman thought it was a 'one person' dessert with two brownies (I only shared that day because I had been craving brownies but didn't want to blow 800 calories on dessert).
    Kalici wrote: »
    I hate splitting dishes with people. Absolutely loathe it. Even if people only take one bite...

I'm ok if we physically split it first though, but otherwise I get pissed if they eat the best bite or something (or eat all the ice cream/whipped cream)... and I'd just rather not have any.

Splitting food is full of nope. I won't touch something if someone else has. It freaks me out. I can't even leave my drink sitting around at a family party because just the idea that someone else accidentally sipped from it freaks me out.

I was tricked into splitting nachos with an acquaintance at a gathering a number of years back. No joke, he ate 90% of the plate by scooping them with his hands directly into gaping mouth. He then proceeded to pay for EXACTLY (down to the penny) half of the nachos (no tip), and had the nerve to ask me whether I was going to eat the scraps that remained.

Hahaha I'm getting annoyed just reading this. Ugh. I hate when parties split the bill equally. I remember once when I had a $7 salad and I ended up having to pay $10 towards the $25 entree that the other people got. I wasn't happy about it. If it was the other way around, I would feel bad for making them pay more than their share.

This would really piss me off, I actually do not think I could even pay it. I ALWAYS get my own bill when eating out, because I get frustrated with how other people tip.

Because I've always been pretty good at maths I always get the job of bill splitter. People tip what I decide they're tipping...
  • selena_teresa
    selena_teresa Posts: 110 Member
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I hate splitting dishes with people. Absolutely loathe it. Even if people only take one bite...

I'm ok if we physically split it first though, but otherwise I get pissed if they eat the best bite or something (or eat all the ice cream/whipped cream)... and I'd just rather not have any.

I refuse to share food with people at the movies. Especially popcorn. One person has to hold it, then the person holding it eats most of it. And then the person not holding the bag has to awkwardly reach into the other person's lap to grab some. And if both people reach at the same time it leads to hand bumping and... ugh. I just hate it. We'll each get our own popcorn and be happier.

Confession: I turn into a total pig at the movies. I LOVE LOVE LOVE movie theatre popcorn and shovel it in as fast as a I can. I end up dropping a lot of it too. Some ends up down my shirt, some on the floor, and I've even found a piece that somehow ended up in my hoodie pocket. That's another reason people shouldn't share with me - you might lose a hand!

Movie popcorn is the best thing in the entire world. Next time try it with MMs plain. 1-2 MMs to 4-5 popcorn and chew it up for max yummies! Once I really wanted popcorn but there was no movie I wanted to see so I went, got it and came back to a Netflix movie on my couch. My dog was thrilled when I stood up 2 hours later and she got the fallen ones.

I have never thought to try this....usually I eat my popcorn first, and then some chewy candy.....once in a while a bit of chocolate at the end but have never mixed them.....

Doooo it! Thank me later! .... Or maybe hate me forever?
  • Chadillac8884
    Chadillac8884 Posts: 24 Member
    January of this year, I ate a dozen dunkin donuts in an hour............I had a bad habit of getting 2 donuts everytime I went to get my haircut. This one day, something took over my brain and told me to get a dozen. 2 boston creams, 2 managers specials, 2 jelly filled apple crumb, 2 powdered custard filled, 2 strawberry glazed with sprinkles and 2 chocolate glazed with sprinkles. I got to #8 and started feeling sick, but said to myself,"you are only 4 away. When is the next time you will ever do this?" so...........i finished them all. All i wanted to do the rest of the day was lay on the couch and do some heavy breathing.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    I just used shark week to justify a 500 calorie muffin, even though I usually judge women who blame their overeating on bodily functions.
  • selena_teresa
    I have never had a Peep. Or a Cadbury Easter creme egg. Or flaming hot cheetos. Or cookie spread. Or Nutella. I am afraid if Nutella. I don't like cheese except a tiny bit on my egg sandwich. I never had a shamrock shake. I don't like pie.
    Watermelon is better then pineapple. Yeah, I just said that Tincan. *drops mic*
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    I have never had a Peep. Or a Cadbury Easter creme egg. Or flaming hot cheetos. Or cookie spread. Or Nutella. I am afraid if Nutella. I don't like cheese except a tiny bit on my egg sandwich. I never had a shamrock shake. I don't like pie.

How have you even survived this long being so wrong?
  • uptownplum
    uptownplum Posts: 42 Member
    January of this year, I ate a dozen dunkin donuts in an hour............I had a bad habit of getting 2 donuts everytime I went to get my haircut. This one day, something took over my brain and told me to get a dozen. 2 boston creams, 2 managers specials, 2 jelly filled apple crumb, 2 powdered custard filled, 2 strawberry glazed with sprinkles and 2 chocolate glazed with sprinkles. I got to #8 and started feeling sick, but said to myself,"you are only 4 away. When is the next time you will ever do this?" so...........i finished them all. All i wanted to do the rest of the day was lay on the couch and do some heavy breathing.

Is it bad that I'm a little impressed by this? I can barely finish a whole donut.
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    FroggyBug wrote: »

I bought cookie butter because of this thread. It was pretty tasty!

I bought some a couple weeks ago because of this thread, but have not tried it yet because I have no idea what to put it on!!!

I'm gonna guess a spoon would do.

55835802.png

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member

I have certain foods I am very clear about. It's mine and you can't have any. People laugh at me but I am honest and it stops a lot of internal antagonism. Even if I never finish it it's mine. You can't have any.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member

My mouth is watering
  • selena_teresa

How have you even survived this long being so wrong?

Don't get me wrong, pineapple is great, I just prefer my food not eat me as I eat it. That and watermelon just tastes better. :p
    I love how quickly you responded
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    What's not to love about donuts. However they're on my NO list. They are like sugar crack to me. So good, yet soooo bad for me.
  • Chadillac8884
    Chadillac8884 Posts: 24 Member

Is it bad that I'm a little impressed by this? I can barely finish a whole donut.[/quote]

Haha not at all!!! Thanks, I guess. It was a lot harder than I thought. Thankfully, Im back on MFP and being good.

• azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member

I like cheese and I tried Nutella once (ewww) but other than that, ditto.

Nutella is scary. If you put it in the fridge it coagulates in a most unattractive fashion.
  • Oberon21
    freegrace wrote: »
    Confession #1: This thread is the reason I keep coming back to the community section and the only one I have ever posted on. I'm a chronic lurker, but for some reason this discussion makes me want to participate.

Confession #2: I don't own a scale. I have been logging on MFP for six months, have gone from a size 20-22 to a size 14-16, but have not weighed myself. I guess at my weight to calculate my calorie goal.

Confession #3: I don't step on the scale because I'm a bit of a head case about it. I'm pretty sure I'll have to break down and get some real numbers at some point, but I'm freaked out that the data will derail me. For now I'm just gonna keep on keepin on.

You never have to step on a scale. Your clothing progress is tremendous and it's not about the number it's how you feel.
  • nancyat60
    nancyat60 Posts: 8 Member
    Hey everyone THE GUILT STOPS HERE Everyone gets hungry at different times I think a midnight snack is normal in or out of bed as long as you record it you are still accounting for it This is not a diet it is a way of life We are changing our lives to work for us for the rest of our life To the other smoker I still smoke openly even though I know it makes me a bad person now I just tell them my aunt lived to be 93 and smoked 3 packs a day True Story She was not really sick till the last month of her life.
  • Oberon21
    As I start planning for halloween, I get giddy thinking about candy corn and peanuts, in the same bowl.

Ummm it's March. Are you planning already?
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    nancyat60 wrote: »
    Hey everyone THE GUILT STOPS HERE Everyone gets hungry at different times I think a midnight snack is normal in or out of bed as long as you record it you are still accounting for it This is not a diet it is a way of life We are changing our lives to work for us for the rest of our life To the other smoker I still smoke openly even though I know it makes me a bad person now I just tell them my aunt lived to be 93 and smoked 3 packs a day True Story She was not really sick till the last month of her life.

Your enthusiasm is awesome!
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    As I start planning for halloween, I get giddy thinking about candy corn and peanuts, in the same bowl.

Ummm it's March. Are you planning already?

aren't you?