Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    Not to make everyone sad, but I read this secret ages ago on Postsecret, and it really stayed with me. Although it would be hard to stay with a pet until the end, after reading this, I could never leave. :'(
    h69laalbfct1.jpg

I've always stayed. I'm Mama, and I am with them to the end, cuddling them until the vet officially pronounces them "gone".

I also have this weird notion that I have to pretend to be upbeat and cheerful because the dogs have always picked up on my emotions and I don't want them to feel my sadness. Although I guess I've never fooled them.

Will anyone have any sympathy for me if I say that for the first time in my life I'm having trouble keeping weight on?

Since I've bumped up my exercise with the stairs etc and weights, I've been losing weight again, (slowly but still), although I feel like I'm eating so much more. I'm tracking and even going over what should be maintenance but it's still continuing to drop bit by bit. Eating is a chore at this point, which I never thought in a million years would even be possible.

I'm worried that it's rendering the exercise pointless if I'm not building muscle. I don't want to be putting in all this working-out, stair-climbing and strength-training effort for nothing so I'm kind of frustrated. And quite frankly, I don't really want to be any thinner at this point. My clothes are getting too big, there's an inch of empty space in my bra cups, and my rings are super loose.

I have never in my life felt bad for people who claim they can't gain weight (because how hard is it to just eat some more?!) but it turns out that the answer seems to be that it's a lot harder than I thought.

Loads of sympathy here, I'm having much the same issues.

Whereas I liked the idea of losing some BF and getting definition, I didn't want to lose flesh off my chest and face, which is where the loss is the most noticeable.

Last summer I dropped 5 lbs (that I didn't need to lose) because of taking hardcore antibiotics... I digested nothing for two weeks. Right after that I was on vacation and my physical activity increased significantly, plus my eating got a bit erratic just because of weird scheduling, and I only managed to gain 2 lbs back. Dedicated myself to lifting and eating higher protein in January, but it has still taken me a year to return to my normal weight.

I was hoping that building muscle would ADD some weight, not just shrink my boobs.

DON'T SAY THAT!!! :o

LOL, that's about the only good thing about dropping my body fat so low. Losing them makes me positively gleeful, apart from all the extra cup space.

But you have them to lose, I, however, do not.
    No, me neither :(
    I'm starting to see how some women reward themselves for getting to their goal weight, by getting a 'little extra' added!

I didn't know this was a thing. I've thought MANY times about having "some work" done, but I honestly don't think I ever would. I just need to learn to be satisfied with what God gave me and accentuate the positives.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it, it's just not for me, I don't think. I might change my mind when I hit 40. Who knows?!

I used to think that too, but now I'm pretty sure that, especially if we do decide to have kids, I'm going to get mine hoiked up as far as possible afterward. They're staying put so far but I'm terrified of them ending up around my navel one day :lol: If I'd had to lose a lot of weight and they'd gotten shrunken or saggy I would have fixed them without question.

I am actually tempted to do this. I've never been blessed in that area since I was a big kid too. I want to have them fixed up. I'm torn between being okay with what I have (which isn't great) and getting what I want.

If I could have anything fixed it would be my arms/bat wings & my legs! Since losing around 140 pounds my legs are still awful & it still looks like I have no kneecaps.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    So... After horrible, horrible pain for twelve days and increasingly limited movement, I dragged myself to a doctor this morning. I've been diagnosed with sciatica due to injury, and have been prescribed enough prescription drugs to kill a rhinoceros. I may spend the next week in a drug induced haze, so right here I'm adding a disclaimer that I'm not responsible for anything I may say or do in the next 15 days. >:)

But hey, I have codeine! Yippee! (I'm seriously stoked, because after an injection, I've had my first horrific-pain free day today! I feel no pain and it's BEAUTIFUL. Spool beautiful. I could kiss that doctor.)

That's great news @Susieq_1994 . Happy you are pain free and I will be looking forward to some drug induced posts!

All of this! :smiley:

• FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Not to make everyone sad, but I read this secret ages ago on Postsecret, and it really stayed with me. Although it would be hard to stay with a pet until the end, after reading this, I could never leave. :'(
    h69laalbfct1.jpg

I've always stayed. I'm Mama, and I am with them to the end, cuddling them until the vet officially pronounces them "gone".

I also have this weird notion that I have to pretend to be upbeat and cheerful because the dogs have always picked up on my emotions and I don't want them to feel my sadness. Although I guess I've never fooled them.

Will anyone have any sympathy for me if I say that for the first time in my life I'm having trouble keeping weight on?

Since I've bumped up my exercise with the stairs etc and weights, I've been losing weight again, (slowly but still), although I feel like I'm eating so much more. I'm tracking and even going over what should be maintenance but it's still continuing to drop bit by bit. Eating is a chore at this point, which I never thought in a million years would even be possible.

I'm worried that it's rendering the exercise pointless if I'm not building muscle. I don't want to be putting in all this working-out, stair-climbing and strength-training effort for nothing so I'm kind of frustrated. And quite frankly, I don't really want to be any thinner at this point. My clothes are getting too big, there's an inch of empty space in my bra cups, and my rings are super loose.

I have never in my life felt bad for people who claim they can't gain weight (because how hard is it to just eat some more?!) but it turns out that the answer seems to be that it's a lot harder than I thought.

Whereas I liked the idea of losing some BF and getting definition, I didn't want to lose flesh off my chest and face, which is where the loss is the most noticeable.

Last summer I dropped 5 lbs (that I didn't need to lose) because of taking hardcore antibiotics... I digested nothing for two weeks. Right after that I was on vacation and my physical activity increased significantly, plus my eating got a bit erratic just because of weird scheduling, and I only managed to gain 2 lbs back. Dedicated myself to lifting and eating higher protein in January, but it has still taken me a year to return to my normal weight.

I was hoping that building muscle would ADD some weight, not just shrink my boobs.

LOL, that's about the only good thing about dropping my body fat so low. Losing them makes me positively gleeful, apart from all the extra cup space.

Nor do I. Just for the record.

I know, we've had this conversation before. I believe that's when I posted my booty pic. :blush:

Which led to me posting MY booty pic :D

Thankfully the SO is a booty and leg guy... the rear end I can work on, the boobs not so much... or not without paying someone to do the work for me.

I have reached a new snacking low: eating leftover Cool Whip out of the tub (why dirty a dish?) with sprinkles. Yep, I can't be bothered serving it into a dish to eat properly, but I will make the effort to garnish it with sprinkles.

Yummy, sounds good. I actually used to like putting cool whip in the freezer and then putting chocolate syrup on it and eating it that way.
  • FroggyBug
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    May I just say that mine are both saggy and deflated right now and it makes me sad. Hopefully they bounce back.
    Mine too. I knew they would be; the sag was pretty bad when my weight was at its highest and the stretch marks were just sad.

I don't think I was ever destined for a perky pair unless they were paid for. :P

Same.
  • FroggyBug
    I got to looking at what books I'm going to need this semester, and holy $677 worth of books man! Right now, it's only showing I have $250 available in financial aid to use, so I'm really hoping that my loans show up soon, because I need that extra bit! I'm also more than likely going to have to buy a new computer since my dear mother put a bunch of viruses on the one I have and now it barely works and I've got online classes and a class that will require me to download software, and this old laptop isn't going to handle much more. Sigh, at least I'll be able to actually pay attention and get stuff done (hopefully) for once lol!

Makes me mad how expensive books are...
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    The weekend was amazing, got to see family and play Bubble Soccer! I ate like crap all weekend and I realized I am losing my motivation (a month and a bit before my half amrathon), someone find my motivate please! :/
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    edited August 2015
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    h69laalbfct1.jpg

Nor do I. Just for the record.

I know, we've had this conversation before. I believe that's when I posted my booty pic. :blush:

I have reached a new snacking low: eating leftover Cool Whip out of the tub (why dirty a dish?) with sprinkles. Yep, I can't be bothered serving it into a dish to eat properly, but I will make the effort to garnish it with sprinkles.

I've done this...but mixed a bit of peanut butter in there too. Nom nom nom.

I've tried that Funfetti Cake dip with Cool Whip & it's pretty good.

I ate Coconut Pecan frosting on graham crackers last night and it was amazing. I might like the frosting more than cookie butter...and I didn't think that was possible.

Is this the frosting they use for German chocolate cake?! I never thought of putting it on graham crackers. I just eat it out of the can when I have it in the house. Which, I'm sad to say is pretty much never, because both Mr. Mo and Rachael HATE coconut, and Rachael doesn't like pecans. I can't believe I'm related to these people.

I had never even heard of it before..and never eaten German Chocolate cake until it was posted a week or so ago in here..by Ceci and a few others. The frosting was mentioned and I saw it at the store on one of my cravey/naughty days. And yup, started with a spoon and then put it on grahams...AMAZINGGGGG!!!
    ETA: Sill haven't had the cake....
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Testing....
    Yayayayayyyy! My gifs are working again!
    liqxon7uikuv.gif

Whoo for gifs!

gbg1.gif
    I am so happy!!
    731bdwdv7lqk.gif

giphy.gif
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Ok, so everyone can ignore my earlier whiny post and be proud of me for taking off the cranky pants!

Despite being lazy and feeling bloated, I did my run- 9 miles and went for our 4ish mile walk. Now, I will go and horrify everyone at the restaurant when they see just how much pizza I can eat at their buffet! Weeeee!!!!

Um...lol that's 13 miles! Go on and eat your pizza!
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Trying to catch up but I'm so far behind I don't know if I can even join in... May just start fresh today ;)
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    I got to looking at what books I'm going to need this semester, and holy $677 worth of books man! Right now, it's only showing I have $250 available in financial aid to use, so I'm really hoping that my loans show up soon, because I need that extra bit! I'm also more than likely going to have to buy a new computer since my dear mother put a bunch of viruses on the one I have and now it barely works and I've got online classes and a class that will require me to download software, and this old laptop isn't going to handle much more. Sigh, at least I'll be able to actually pay attention and get stuff done (hopefully) for once lol!

Rent them, or buy used. Check Amazon.

I'll have to check that out as a backup. I'm going to give it until tomorrow for my loans to show up, and then if they aren't showing I'm calling the financial aid office. I had to do that last year too :unamused:
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    So, last night, I was all psyched and ready to start waking up at 5am to workout (aka yoga) and start getting myself back in a routine for school since I start back the 24th. Fast forward to alarms going off at 5, 6, and then Raelynn and I finally waking up around 9:30. Fail. Oh well, guess there's always tomorrow morning!

Just so we're aware, I'm in no way, shape, or form a morning person. I used to (before kid) stay up all or most of the night and sleep until late morning or early afternoon. Why I choose to go to school at 8am knowing good and well that puts me leaving my house at 7, which leads to me having to be up at 5am, 6 at the latest (if I don't care at all about looking presentable that day), I don't know. :unamused::laugh:
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    MissSusieQ wrote: »
    Editing to add: I'm jealous that your Q is capitalized. I made my account with a capitalized Q, but back then the username generator would only capitalize the first letter of the name regardless of how you wrote it. I want a capital Q! :angry:

Jealousy is a curse, other Susieq!!

@MelissaPhippsFeagins thanks for the kind words. You're right, I shed it once and I can do it again. I'm just so angry at myself.. I didn't even want the food - I felt sick and I was over full and I was sitting there thinking 'this is ruining all my good work and it's not even worth it !'

True, true. :p But now I'm wondering if the Q will remain capitalized if I change my username by writing the same one over again with a capital Q. :D

As for the food, I've done exactly the same thing! :( I'm so stuffed that I'm SICK and don't even want to LOOK at the food, much less eat it... And yet, I just keep eating it until it's gone. I don't understand myself sometimes. :/
  • Susieq_1994
    My confession of today is that I have gone NINE days without alcohol. And I find myself craving it, which is scaring me a little bit. I know a couple of you are recovering alcoholics. I figure if I can do nine days, I can go without completely. It was becoming a bit too much of a crutch. Plus, it was tons of empty calories, right?

I'm really trying to talk myself into continuing this streak, rather than diving into a margarita or three.

You can totally do it! You're better off without it--think of all the food you could fit into those empty calories! ;)
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    I'm still working on getting caught up.

I went on a walk at lunch yesterday with a co-worker so that was good. I'm thinking about walking again today. :)

I have today and then half a day tomorrow for work so I'm in vacation mode already. This weekend I have my Red Rocks concerts so I'm really excited (Pretty Lights Friday and Saturday). :) Hopefully no one laughs at me since I'm older but I bought jewels for my face so I'm going to put those on and I have Glowbys for my hair (fiber optic glow barrettes for hair). I'm just going to have fun. I'll try to post a pic in the batcave from my phone later of my trial run of the jewels to see what you guys think.

Friday morning we are going to Original Pancake house. Strawberry waffles and home fries here I come. Yay.

Cool! I used to be a raver and did all the decked out gear at one time. I've been an EDM DJ for over 5 years. I remember when Pretty Lights was just an up-and-coming midliner. Now he headlines all of his shows. Do you by chance like Bassnectar? He is always doing shows at RR.

Yes, I actually like Bassnectar as well but I've never been to their concert yet (I'm determined though!-I need to just go, I need more money haha). This will be my 3rd year going to the Pretty Lights Red Rocks concerts so I'm really excited. I look forward to it every year. Tickets sell out so fast though.

That is awesome that you are an EDM DJ. We would get along pretty well. That's my favorite type of music. I'm kind of jealous, I always thought being a DJ would be pretty fun!

This is all very interesting... Froggy, I think that you should skip the counseling and find a new romance. A single guy, with similar interests, who doesn't snore...

I was thinking THE SAME THING @girldownsouth!!!

Well the good thing is my boyfriend and I have been getting along A LOT better (had a fun time at the concert and this weekend in general-I'll post more later when I'm caught up).

We do have our therapy appointment this Thursday. I have made it clear that if nothing changes I will leave though. :)

Yay for all of this!!
  • riderfangal
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    My confession today is I want to be a 10 year old on summer break and just go back to bed with nothing on the agenda but playing and being bored. Happy Monday all!

OH GOD ME TOO

Except, maybe more like 15 instead of 10 lol

Yes, me too!!
  • Susieq_1994

I hate when I eat something that I used to like & then realize it wasn't that great to begin with & such a waste of calories. I find that I usually feel this way about donuts, a lot of cheap baked goods (Tastykake, Hostess, Etc.), & milkshakes. I like to eat milkshakes every now & then, but then I realize that for the amount of calories they're a waste & I could've ate more satiating food instead.

I avoid buying any kind of cheap/not totally fresh baked goods. I just absolutely refuse to buy them. If I'm going to be blowing my calories on something, it had better be something delicious--and when I DO buy something subpar, I eat it all out of guilt (I can't stand to throw things away) and end up with 2000+ calories of bleh, so that's all the more reason not to buy them at all!
  • Susieq_1994
    So I have now tried all the Quest bars I wanted to try.

Cookie dough, chocolate peanut butter and cookies and creme are my faves. White chocolate raspberry was good too. Not a single one was gross and I never felt like I had to choke one down. This is a new staple for me.

Ha! Another convert! My mission to win over the world, one Quest bar at a time. Now if you would just LOVE the Lemon Cream Pie flavor, I would be one step closer... ;)

I'm so jealous that everyone but me get to eat Quest bars :'( Anyone want to buy me a box of them for my birthday? :D
  • riderfangal
    edited August 2015
    So I have now tried all the Quest bars I wanted to try.

Cookie dough, chocolate peanut butter and cookies and creme are my faves. White chocolate raspberry was good too. Not a single one was gross and I never felt like I had to choke one down. This is a new staple for me.

Ha! Another convert! My mission to win over the world, one Quest bar at a time. Now if you would just LOVE the Lemon Cream Pie flavor, I would be one step closer... ;)

I'm so jealous that everyone but me get to eat Quest bars :'( Anyone want to buy me a box of them for my birthday? :D

You have just provided me with a reason not to try them. If Susie can't have them I won't have them ether ;)
  • Susieq_1994
    My confession of today is that I have gone NINE days without alcohol. And I find myself craving it, which is scaring me a little bit. I know a couple of you are recovering alcoholics. I figure if I can do nine days, I can go without completely. It was becoming a bit too much of a crutch. Plus, it was tons of empty calories, right?

I'm really trying to talk myself into continuing this streak, rather than diving into a margarita or three.

You can do it! :)
    Also- I love your new picture!

LOL so do I.

I also like this one.

image.anvil-unisex-value-fitted-tee.black.w460h520b3z1.jpg

Yes! I've seen this one before and always laugh!

There's another that says something about being able to fit into the hoop earrings you wore in high school. I'm awful at remembering exact quotes...and too lazy to look it up.

I had that as my profile picture a while ago. It says, "Not to make anyone jealous or anything... But I still fit in the earrings I wore in high school." :p