Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Not to make everyone sad, but I read this secret ages ago on Postsecret, and it really stayed with me. Although it would be hard to stay with a pet until the end, after reading this, I could never leave. :'(
    h69laalbfct1.jpg

I've always stayed. I'm Mama, and I am with them to the end, cuddling them until the vet officially pronounces them "gone".

I also have this weird notion that I have to pretend to be upbeat and cheerful because the dogs have always picked up on my emotions and I don't want them to feel my sadness. Although I guess I've never fooled them.

Will anyone have any sympathy for me if I say that for the first time in my life I'm having trouble keeping weight on?

Since I've bumped up my exercise with the stairs etc and weights, I've been losing weight again, (slowly but still), although I feel like I'm eating so much more. I'm tracking and even going over what should be maintenance but it's still continuing to drop bit by bit. Eating is a chore at this point, which I never thought in a million years would even be possible.

I'm worried that it's rendering the exercise pointless if I'm not building muscle. I don't want to be putting in all this working-out, stair-climbing and strength-training effort for nothing so I'm kind of frustrated. And quite frankly, I don't really want to be any thinner at this point. My clothes are getting too big, there's an inch of empty space in my bra cups, and my rings are super loose.

I have never in my life felt bad for people who claim they can't gain weight (because how hard is it to just eat some more?!) but it turns out that the answer seems to be that it's a lot harder than I thought.

Loads of sympathy here, I'm having much the same issues.

Whereas I liked the idea of losing some BF and getting definition, I didn't want to lose flesh off my chest and face, which is where the loss is the most noticeable.

Last summer I dropped 5 lbs (that I didn't need to lose) because of taking hardcore antibiotics... I digested nothing for two weeks. Right after that I was on vacation and my physical activity increased significantly, plus my eating got a bit erratic just because of weird scheduling, and I only managed to gain 2 lbs back. Dedicated myself to lifting and eating higher protein in January, but it has still taken me a year to return to my normal weight.

I was hoping that building muscle would ADD some weight, not just shrink my boobs.

DON'T SAY THAT!!! :o

LOL, that's about the only good thing about dropping my body fat so low. Losing them makes me positively gleeful, apart from all the extra cup space.

But you have them to lose, I, however, do not.

Nor do I. Just for the record.

I know, we've had this conversation before. I believe that's when I posted my booty pic. :blush:

I have reached a new snacking low: eating leftover Cool Whip out of the tub (why dirty a dish?) with sprinkles. Yep, I can't be bothered serving it into a dish to eat properly, but I will make the effort to garnish it with sprinkles.

I've done this...but mixed a bit of peanut butter in there too. Nom nom nom.

I've tried that Funfetti Cake dip with Cool Whip & it's pretty good.

I ate Coconut Pecan frosting on graham crackers last night and it was amazing. I might like the frosting more than cookie butter...and I didn't think that was possible.

Is this the frosting they use for German chocolate cake?! I never thought of putting it on graham crackers. I just eat it out of the can when I have it in the house. Which, I'm sad to say is pretty much never, because both Mr. Mo and Rachael HATE coconut, and Rachael doesn't like pecans. I can't believe I'm related to these people.

I hate both as well. I shudder when I see that frosting on the shelves... It sounds like bottled nastiness to me!

Trust me, it IS NOT!!! Very sweet though! Even I was a little like, woah!!
    And also- I will join @riderfangal in her Questlessness!! :)

Yay for Questless people! :p
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    Confession: I feel sad and hippo-ey today. I put on nearly a kilo since my last weigh-in, and that's with sticking (mostly) to my calories this week. I only messed up twice, and not so badly. I'm still horribly bloated, but I'm drinking plenty of water and hoping it goes down soon. My BMI hit 25.4 with today's weigh-in. :'(

A win: We went grocery shopping yesterday, and I snagged two boxes of General Mills Honey-Nut Cheerios on MAJOR clearance! I got them for one third of their regular price, which I generally can't afford. :D I'm going to be eating tons and tons of Cheerios this week--within my calories, of course. ;)
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    donthegeek wrote: »
    Ok, confession time. My wife and I went out geocaching in the desert yesterday to get some steps and I got the truck stuck in an arroyo (back east it would be called a wash). Instead of getting in a workout, I banged my knee, and had to swallow my pride and ask my son to drive out and get me out of the sugar sand. I think I'm more embarrassed about getting stuck than the rest of the day but we went to Chili's for lunch (Ribs, Fries, Beer) and Freddy's for dinner (Patty Melt, Fries, and Frozen custard). Not only did we get stuck, but I ate things I shouldn't have eaten.

Lesson learned -> Getting stuck in the desert leads to overeating!

I am glad you were able to get out. I am sure I would have indulged in some stress eating after that as well.
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Not to make everyone sad, but I read this secret ages ago on Postsecret, and it really stayed with me. Although it would be hard to stay with a pet until the end, after reading this, I could never leave. :'(
    h69laalbfct1.jpg

I've always stayed. I'm Mama, and I am with them to the end, cuddling them until the vet officially pronounces them "gone".

I also have this weird notion that I have to pretend to be upbeat and cheerful because the dogs have always picked up on my emotions and I don't want them to feel my sadness. Although I guess I've never fooled them.

Will anyone have any sympathy for me if I say that for the first time in my life I'm having trouble keeping weight on?

Since I've bumped up my exercise with the stairs etc and weights, I've been losing weight again, (slowly but still), although I feel like I'm eating so much more. I'm tracking and even going over what should be maintenance but it's still continuing to drop bit by bit. Eating is a chore at this point, which I never thought in a million years would even be possible.

I'm worried that it's rendering the exercise pointless if I'm not building muscle. I don't want to be putting in all this working-out, stair-climbing and strength-training effort for nothing so I'm kind of frustrated. And quite frankly, I don't really want to be any thinner at this point. My clothes are getting too big, there's an inch of empty space in my bra cups, and my rings are super loose.

I have never in my life felt bad for people who claim they can't gain weight (because how hard is it to just eat some more?!) but it turns out that the answer seems to be that it's a lot harder than I thought.

Whereas I liked the idea of losing some BF and getting definition, I didn't want to lose flesh off my chest and face, which is where the loss is the most noticeable.

Last summer I dropped 5 lbs (that I didn't need to lose) because of taking hardcore antibiotics... I digested nothing for two weeks. Right after that I was on vacation and my physical activity increased significantly, plus my eating got a bit erratic just because of weird scheduling, and I only managed to gain 2 lbs back. Dedicated myself to lifting and eating higher protein in January, but it has still taken me a year to return to my normal weight.

I was hoping that building muscle would ADD some weight, not just shrink my boobs.

LOL, that's about the only good thing about dropping my body fat so low. Losing them makes me positively gleeful, apart from all the extra cup space.

Nor do I. Just for the record.

I know, we've had this conversation before. I believe that's when I posted my booty pic. :blush:

I have reached a new snacking low: eating leftover Cool Whip out of the tub (why dirty a dish?) with sprinkles. Yep, I can't be bothered serving it into a dish to eat properly, but I will make the effort to garnish it with sprinkles.

I've done this...but mixed a bit of peanut butter in there too. Nom nom nom.

I've tried that Funfetti Cake dip with Cool Whip & it's pretty good.

I ate Coconut Pecan frosting on graham crackers last night and it was amazing. I might like the frosting more than cookie butter...and I didn't think that was possible.

Is this the frosting they use for German chocolate cake?! I never thought of putting it on graham crackers. I just eat it out of the can when I have it in the house. Which, I'm sad to say is pretty much never, because both Mr. Mo and Rachael HATE coconut, and Rachael doesn't like pecans. I can't believe I'm related to these people.

I hate both as well. I shudder when I see that frosting on the shelves... It sounds like bottled nastiness to me!

Trust me, it IS NOT!!! Very sweet though! Even I was a little like, woah!!
    And also- I will join @riderfangal in her Questlessness!! :)

Yay for Questless people! :p

I've never had one and have no immediate plans to try them.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    I don't know what happened here, but all of a sudden I can access the boards again from work. I guess someone in IT figured out that MFP doesn't fall into the blocked category of "games".

So, we extracted 168 lbs of honey from the hives that had capped boards. That's not as much as we'd hoped; the wet weather really did a number on the bees' foraging. :/ But still, we're hopeful that they be able to draw more comb so we can harvest again in the fall. What we did get, though, looks really good. I can't tell you how it tastes, though, because honey is gross. LOL My husband and son love it, though.
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    Confession: I feel sad and hippo-ey today. I put on nearly a kilo since my last weigh-in, and that's with sticking (mostly) to my calories this week. I only messed up twice, and not so badly. I'm still horribly bloated, but I'm drinking plenty of water and hoping it goes down soon. My BMI hit 25.4 with today's weigh-in. :'(

A win: We went grocery shopping yesterday, and I snagged two boxes of General Mills Honey-Nut Cheerios on MAJOR clearance! I got them for one third of their regular price, which I generally can't afford. :D I'm going to be eating tons and tons of Cheerios this week--within my calories, of course. ;)

I love honey nut Cheerios!!

I'm sure the bloat will go down in a couple days.
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    In honour of @LBuehrle8 arriving in blighty today I have made meatloaf with roast potatoes and veg and a cherry and almond crumbleand custard, all from scratch

Sound fabulous (of course I couldn't eat the meatloaf.. but the cherry and almond crumble and custards sounds FABULOUS!)
    Yes! I thought so when I read it, and forgot to mention it. I LOVE the cherry/almond combo. I have an Evans cherry tree (beautiful red, sour cherries) and I never know what to do with them all. I've already made cherry liqueur and there are still SO MANY cherries. I might make some jam/compote if I get a chance before they go bad, or before the birds get to them.

Make cheesecake and put the cherry + cherry liqueur on it. Then invite me over for some!

And me. And put ground almonds in the biscuit base,

Also, bottle some cherries with vodka. Cherry vodka and lemonade is awesome.

In waitrose, they sell a bakewell vodka. I may have a bottle in my fridge.

Oooh and also, cherry ice cream. I have a recipe for that too. (alright, its Ben and Jerry's recipe. Its still awesome.)
    Whaaat? That sounds awesome! Do want!
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    itsMcKay wrote: »
    I ate an entire 8oz. package of Philly cream cheese early this week (with a spoon, too LOL). Logged 2oz. a day over the next several days, as to hide my shameful binge.

I used to make cheesy mashed potatoes by mixing one potato with half an 8-oz. block of cream cheese, 4 Tbsp. of butter, 4 oz. of greek yogurt, 4 oz. of cheddar, garlic and some bacon bits, salt, smoked paprika, cayenne and chives. Then, for dinner, the exact same thing but replaced the potato with pasta. I should have just microwaved the cheese. Those were, like, 3200-calorie days.

And, that, kids, is how a 115-lb. athlete becomes 120 lbs. overweight!

My confession is that I still crave it EVERY SINGLE DAY. But I won't allow it to happen. I can't even keep cheese in my house, it's that bad. It's my single food addiction.

Wow! That sounds soooo good. I could see myself eating that until I made myself sick... I must forget this post before dinner. Or put the cheese in enough potatoes to share with my teen boys.

My thoughts exactly especially since my favorite food is already mashed potatoes...
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    dindon68 wrote: »
    I made blueberry muffins, and because I knew I wouldn't be able to leave them alone, I took one and put the rest in the boot of my husbands car, rang him when he got to work, and told him to share them out. he wasn't happy because he ate four of them.

I love this idea since I hate wasting food. :) Good job!
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    I saw a video of Chinese people eating ''Chinese'' food in America. Some of them were very confused. Some said ''It's very good, but I don't see how this is Chinese."

One of these days I'm going to have some real Chinese food :lol:

Real Chinese food, in China, is freakin' amazing. And nothing like the American version.

I can't really think of what it would be like. Can you tell me more? :) I'm just curious about what is different.
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    Ok, so everyone can ignore my earlier whiny post and be proud of me for taking off the cranky pants!

Despite being lazy and feeling bloated, I did my run- 9 miles and went for our 4ish mile walk. Now, I will go and horrify everyone at the restaurant when they see just how much pizza I can eat at their buffet! Weeeee!!!!

Good job. Wow, eat a bunch! I can barely get 5 miles of just walking in a day.
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    h69laalbfct1.jpg

No, me neither :(
    I'm starting to see how some women reward themselves for getting to their goal weight, by getting a 'little extra' added!

I didn't know this was a thing. I've thought MANY times about having "some work" done, but I honestly don't think I ever would. I just need to learn to be satisfied with what God gave me and accentuate the positives.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it, it's just not for me, I don't think. I might change my mind when I hit 40. Who knows?!

I used to think that too, but now I'm pretty sure that, especially if we do decide to have kids, I'm going to get mine hoiked up as far as possible afterward. They're staying put so far but I'm terrified of them ending up around my navel one day :lol: If I'd had to lose a lot of weight and they'd gotten shrunken or saggy I would have fixed them without question.

I am actually tempted to do this. I've never been blessed in that area since I was a big kid too. I want to have them fixed up. I'm torn between being okay with what I have (which isn't great) and getting what I want.

If I could have anything fixed it would be my arms/bat wings & my legs! Since losing around 140 pounds my legs are still awful & it still looks like I have no kneecaps.

I'm pretty sure I'll have the same problem. I always say I have cottage cheese legs.
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    *post boyfriend update*

so that's the end of that.

after a solid month of seeing each other almost every. single. day. and him making the point to "be exclusive," dude decided that "i don't think that this is working for me."

i got about three hours of sleep last night, they weren't concurrent either. so apologies for the rambles.
    first he said it was because *i* wanted too much commitment, to which i kindly reminded him that *he* was the one that wanted to be exclusive, then he just said that he wasn't sure if i was the *one* for him.
    i do know that a lil more than a week ago, his ex-wife from six years ago reached out to him to try and rekindle things. he initially said he wasn't interested, maybe that changed?
    or he simply just panicked and fled.
    same end result.

i'd be lying if i said i wasn't devastated. and this is probably stupid of me too, but i really, honestly, thought he was the one for me. finally after all the horrors, and downright brutal treatment i endured both physically and emotionally...i thought it was actually my turn to be happy.
    i'd also be lying if i said i wasn't furious with myself for allowing myself to get so involved and excited and be so foolish.
    i should know better.
    i do know better.

i think i'm just going to take a break from everything for a while.
    my brain keeps flashing this lil image of a tiny hand setting a brick on a wall that's slowly being finished.

*ETA* can i also add how ridiculously embarrassed i am about all of this?
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    Confession: I'm all excited because I went for a walk with my husband (I've been doing daily walks to help with the sciatica pain, on the doctor's recommendation), and downloaded a free pedometer app before we left--I got 1600 steps on that one little walk! Also, he bought an ice cream bar at the store we ended up in, and I didn't get one because I already commited in the Fitbit thread to sticking to my calories. It's a small win, but I'll take it. :)

Do you guys think the scale will be nice to me tomorrow if I regale it with tales of my fabulous will power? :D
  • mommyvudu
    mommyvudu Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    The only time I was ever happy with my body was when I was dying from anorexia. Every once in a while I could see my spine and rib cage and realized that wasn't right, but only for a split second. :/ I was (am?) legit looney about my body image.
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    *post boyfriend update*

after a solid month of seeing each other almost every. single. day. and him making the point to "be exclusive," dude decided that "i don't think that this is working for me."

i got about three hours of sleep last night, they weren't concurrent either. so apologies for the rambles.
    first he said it was because *i* wanted too much commitment, to which i kindly reminded him that *he* was the one that wanted to be exclusive, then he just said that he wasn't sure if i was the *one* for him.
    i do know that a lil more than a week ago, his ex-wife from six years ago reached out to him to try and rekindle things. he initially said he wasn't interested, maybe that changed?
    same end result.

i'd be lying if i said i wasn't devastated. and this is probably stupid of me too, but i really, honestly, thought he was the one for me. finally after all the horrors, and downright brutal treatment i endured both physically and emotionally...i thought it was actually my turn to be happy.
    i'd also be lying if i said i wasn't furious with myself for allowing myself to get so involved and excited and be so foolish.
    i should know better.
    i do know better.

my brain keeps flashing this lil image of a tiny hand setting a brick on a wall that's slowly being finished.

*ETA* can i also add how ridiculously embarrassed i am about all of this?

Awe that really is heart breaking. I was so hoping that it would work out for you. Big big hugs!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    *post boyfriend update*

same end result.

i should know better.
    i do know better.

@KylerJaye, I'm SO sorry to hear this. I don't think you have anything to be embarrassed or ashamed of, you followed your heart and even though it didn't work out this time, doesn't mean it wont'. Take some time to grieve if that's what you need. Just remember, we're all here for you when you're ready to come back.

Also...

You're good enough
    You're smart enough
    And doggone it, people like you!

• FroggyBug
    Options
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    And, I'll be running from virtual zombies, so it can't be all bad, right?

I've confessed before that I will never love running (I've tried several times, I just don't like it) but I've always wanted to do the zombie run app. I think it would be fun and help a ton. Let me know how you like it.
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    Confession: I'm all excited because I went for a walk with my husband (I've been doing daily walks to help with the sciatica pain, on the doctor's recommendation), and downloaded a free pedometer app before we left--I got 1600 steps on that one little walk! Also, he bought an ice cream bar at the store we ended up in, and I didn't get one because I already commited in the Fitbit thread to sticking to my calories. It's a small win, but I'll take it. :)

Do you guys think the scale will be nice to me tomorrow if I regale it with tales of my fabulous will power? :D

Super great Susie!!! And forgoing the ice cream sandwich is definitely deserving of an NSV!!!
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    @KylerJaye, I'm not going to give you any of those "he just wasn't the one" platitudes, but I'm sincerely sorry that things didn't work out and I'll be thinking about you. I'm not great with advice or reassurance but I feel terrible for you that things didn't end well.