Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Replies

• orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    HerkMeOff2 wrote: »
    I have ate at least 5000 calories today

tomorrow is a new day! (or today actually). Be kind to yourself. Do not say negative things to yourself. Do not tell yourself off. Move on and start fresh with your next meal. You got this.

Someone needs to listen to their own advice more often ;)

:p
  • orangesmartie
    nonoelmo wrote: »

tomorrow is a new day! (or today actually). Be kind to yourself. Do not say negative things to yourself. Do not tell yourself off. Move on and start fresh with your next meal. You got this.

That made me smile, then laugh. You tell her @girldownsouth!

Stop ganging up on me :p;)
  • orangesmartie
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Also, I may have booked a little holiday trip for next September (yep 2016) for the Smarties and I, to a weekend of Mr Smartie's favourite music. Lots of live bands and DJs.

I really must start researching flights to Tennessee and hotels..... @pofoster21

Also, I will need to start working more to afford all of this :smiley:

I was getting worried! That you were abandoning me. And... I am still planning on climbing that mountain next year!

Oh no! I'm not abandoning you! Gonna start joggling (walk/jogging) outside this week with @girldownsouth in preparation. I'm just hoping i can afford it!

And we are so doing the mountain. I've been looking at renting a little cabin or cottage near by, which might be nicer than a hotel/B&B
  • orangesmartie
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I tried to take daughter to the weight room and show her it is not a scary place.... (FAIL)

So it was more crowded than normal. Our gym is a club and is very family friendly and welcoming...except, it appears, the weight room. There were two other women in there and the rest guys of various ages.

I start lifting and daughter comes to hang out with me. Right next to us a loud conversation started:

Middle age man # 1 "How is your injury?"

Middle age man #2 "It is ok, they have me full of antibiotics. I was taking a (SH word for pooh) and sitting on the toilet and pulled a scab off and nearly passed out."

Me in my head (Really? You are established adults paying good money for this membership that stresses family values and a safe place and you loudly describe this when it is very clear there are four ladies within 10 feet of you?!?!?)

Needless to say daughter did not participate in lifting weights last night. I wish I could have a private conversation with those men about appropriate conversation in public areas. Daughter admitted that the conversation was part of why she didn't lift.

Men are so gross.
    Not all men. Mr Tubbs would ask them if they thought that was an appropriate conversation to have in front of ladies. He would also give them his Oprah look. He's braver than me. I'd think of something smart and withering to say 20 minutes later.
    logqlg7c8hml.gif

not to be contrary or anything, but i don't see the issue with their conversation. 2 adults were having a conversation, in the vicinity of other adults. I don't see how discussing toilet habits or scabs impacts family values? You overhear all sorts of conversations, in all sorts of places. Its up to you if you're going to be offended by it, but really, what does being offended achieve? (Check out Steve Hughes - offended on youtube).

And i really don't go for the idea that ladies are fragile wall flowers with delicate constitutions and ears.

and presumably, if you're hanging out in the weights room, the guys are giving you the kudos of being strong individuals, not likely to be offended by a few words, which were not addressed to you?
  • orangesmartie
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    So I have now tried all the Quest bars I wanted to try.

Cookie dough, chocolate peanut butter and cookies and creme are my faves. White chocolate raspberry was good too. Not a single one was gross and I never felt like I had to choke one down. This is a new staple for me.

Ha! Another convert! My mission to win over the world, one Quest bar at a time. Now if you would just LOVE the Lemon Cream Pie flavor, I would be one step closer... ;)

I'm so jealous that everyone but me get to eat Quest bars :'( Anyone want to buy me a box of them for my birthday? :D

Can I ship to Saudi Arabia? What are the dynamics of that? When is your birthday (I know Oct but what date)? You'll have to send me your address in a message. I might not send Quest bars but I might want to send a card.... ! Or something. :)

That's what I was thinking too - a card or something. Susie do you want birthday cards from all over?

Edit: and maybe some honey nut Cheerios?

Oooh what a lovely idea! we could have a birthdays thread and send cards.

oh oh oh and secret santa!
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member

Agreed :wink:
  • orangesmartie
    Lois_1989 wrote: »

Agreed :wink:

:p
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    I tried to take daughter to the weight room and show her it is not a scary place.... (FAIL)

So it was more crowded than normal. Our gym is a club and is very family friendly and welcoming...except, it appears, the weight room. There were two other women in there and the rest guys of various ages.

I start lifting and daughter comes to hang out with me. Right next to us a loud conversation started:

Middle age man #2 "It is ok, they have me full of antibiotics. I was taking a (SH word for pooh) and sitting on the toilet and pulled a scab off and nearly passed out."

Me in my head (Really? You are established adults paying good money for this membership that stresses family values and a safe place and you loudly describe this when it is very clear there are four ladies within 10 feet of you?!?!?)

Needless to say daughter did not participate in lifting weights last night. I wish I could have a private conversation with those men about appropriate conversation in public areas. Daughter admitted that the conversation was part of why she didn't lift.

Men are so gross.
    Not all men. Mr Tubbs would ask them if they thought that was an appropriate conversation to have in front of ladies. He would also give them his Oprah look. He's braver than me. I'd think of something smart and withering to say 20 minutes later.
    logqlg7c8hml.gif

not to be contrary or anything, but i don't see the issue with their conversation. 2 adults were having a conversation, in the vicinity of other adults. I don't see how discussing toilet habits or scabs impacts family values? You overhear all sorts of conversations, in all sorts of places. Its up to you if you're going to be offended by it, but really, what does being offended achieve? (Check out Steve Hughes - offended on youtube).

And i really don't go for the idea that ladies are fragile wall flowers with delicate constitutions and ears.

and presumably, if you're hanging out in the weights room, the guys are giving you the kudos of being strong individuals, not likely to be offended by a few words, which were not addressed to you?

Then these men should clearly know that bathroom habits and scabs are strictly discussed over food! :lol:
  • Lois_1989
    In honour of @LBuehrle8 arriving in blighty today I have made meatloaf with roast potatoes and veg and a cherry and almond crumbleand custard, all from scratch

Sound fabulous (of course I couldn't eat the meatloaf.. but the cherry and almond crumble and custards sounds FABULOUS!)
    Yes! I thought so when I read it, and forgot to mention it. I LOVE the cherry/almond combo. I have an Evans cherry tree (beautiful red, sour cherries) and I never know what to do with them all. I've already made cherry liqueur and there are still SO MANY cherries. I might make some jam/compote if I get a chance before they go bad, or before the birds get to them.

Make cheesecake and put the cherry + cherry liqueur on it. Then invite me over for some!

And me. And put ground almonds in the biscuit base,

Also, bottle some cherries with vodka. Cherry vodka and lemonade is awesome.

In waitrose, they sell a bakewell vodka. I may have a bottle in my fridge.

Oooh and also, cherry ice cream. I have a recipe for that too. (alright, its Ben and Jerry's recipe. Its still awesome.)

WHAT! :o I need to find the nearest Waitrose STAT. That'll be no carb right?
  • orangesmartie

Men are so gross.
    logqlg7c8hml.gif

Then these men should clearly know that bathroom habits and scabs are strictly discussed over food! :lol:

Mwahahaha too true!
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    In honour of @LBuehrle8 arriving in blighty today I have made meatloaf with roast potatoes and veg and a cherry and almond crumbleand custard, all from scratch

Sound fabulous (of course I couldn't eat the meatloaf.. but the cherry and almond crumble and custards sounds FABULOUS!)
    Yes! I thought so when I read it, and forgot to mention it. I LOVE the cherry/almond combo. I have an Evans cherry tree (beautiful red, sour cherries) and I never know what to do with them all. I've already made cherry liqueur and there are still SO MANY cherries. I might make some jam/compote if I get a chance before they go bad, or before the birds get to them.

Make cheesecake and put the cherry + cherry liqueur on it. Then invite me over for some!

And me. And put ground almonds in the biscuit base,

Also, bottle some cherries with vodka. Cherry vodka and lemonade is awesome.

In waitrose, they sell a bakewell vodka. I may have a bottle in my fridge.

Oooh and also, cherry ice cream. I have a recipe for that too. (alright, its Ben and Jerry's recipe. Its still awesome.)

WHAT! :o I need to find the nearest Waitrose STAT. That'll be no carb right?

Uh...sure, of course it is!

Also, i did not make a bakewell vodka ice cream sundae, just to try it.

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    I don't know what happened here, but all of a sudden I can access the boards again from work. I guess someone in IT figured out that MFP doesn't fall into the blocked category of "games".

So, we extracted 168 lbs of honey from the hives that had capped boards. That's not as much as we'd hoped; the wet weather really did a number on the bees' foraging. :/ But still, we're hopeful that they be able to draw more comb so we can harvest again in the fall. What we did get, though, looks really good. I can't tell you how it tastes, though, because honey is gross. LOL My husband and son love it, though.

Welcome back! And I like honey too... But don't seek it out. Too much sugar. I would be terrified of getting honey from a hive. Yikes!

I seek out local honey and eat a teaspoon daily during peak allergy season. I couldn't tell you why it helps, but it does.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    I don't know what happened here, but all of a sudden I can access the boards again from work. I guess someone in IT figured out that MFP doesn't fall into the blocked category of "games".

So, we extracted 168 lbs of honey from the hives that had capped boards. That's not as much as we'd hoped; the wet weather really did a number on the bees' foraging. :/ But still, we're hopeful that they be able to draw more comb so we can harvest again in the fall. What we did get, though, looks really good. I can't tell you how it tastes, though, because honey is gross. LOL My husband and son love it, though.

Welcome back! And I like honey too... But don't seek it out. Too much sugar. I would be terrified of getting honey from a hive. Yikes!

I seek out local honey and eat a teaspoon daily during peak allergy season. I couldn't tell you why it helps, but it does.

"The idea behind eating honey is kind of like gradually vaccinating the body against allergens, a process called immunotherapy. Honey contains a variety of the same pollen spores that give allergy sufferers so much trouble when flowers and grasses are in bloom. Introducing these spores into the body in small amounts by eating honey should make the body accustomed to their presence and decrease the chance an immune system response like the release of histamine will occur. Since the concentration of pollen spores found in honey is low -- compared to, say, sniffing a flower directly -- then the production of antibodies shouldn't trigger symptoms similar to an allergic reaction. Ideally, the honey-eater won't have any reaction at all."

I got all that from How Stuff Works dot com.
    http://health.howstuffworks.com/diseases-conditions/allergies/allergy-treatments/local-honey-for-allergies2.htm
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member

"The idea behind eating honey is kind of like gradually vaccinating the body against allergens, a process called immunotherapy. Honey contains a variety of the same pollen spores that give allergy sufferers so much trouble when flowers and grasses are in bloom. Introducing these spores into the body in small amounts by eating honey should make the body accustomed to their presence and decrease the chance an immune system response like the release of histamine will occur. Since the concentration of pollen spores found in honey is low -- compared to, say, sniffing a flower directly -- then the production of antibodies shouldn't trigger symptoms similar to an allergic reaction. Ideally, the honey-eater won't have any reaction at all."

I got all that from How Stuff Works dot com.
    http://health.howstuffworks.com/diseases-conditions/allergies/allergy-treatments/local-honey-for-allergies2.htm

And here I was just listening to my mom because her grandmother was a medicine woman. LOL! Anywho, time for a trip to the farmer's market. I am getting low on honey.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,370 Member
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    *post boyfriend update*

so that's the end of that.

after a solid month of seeing each other almost every. single. day. and him making the point to "be exclusive," dude decided that "i don't think that this is working for me."

i got about three hours of sleep last night, they weren't concurrent either. so apologies for the rambles.
    first he said it was because *i* wanted too much commitment, to which i kindly reminded him that *he* was the one that wanted to be exclusive, then he just said that he wasn't sure if i was the *one* for him.
    i do know that a lil more than a week ago, his ex-wife from six years ago reached out to him to try and rekindle things. he initially said he wasn't interested, maybe that changed?
    or he simply just panicked and fled.
    same end result.

i'd be lying if i said i wasn't devastated. and this is probably stupid of me too, but i really, honestly, thought he was the one for me. finally after all the horrors, and downright brutal treatment i endured both physically and emotionally...i thought it was actually my turn to be happy.
    i'd also be lying if i said i wasn't furious with myself for allowing myself to get so involved and excited and be so foolish.
    i should know better.
    i do know better.

i think i'm just going to take a break from everything for a while.
    my brain keeps flashing this lil image of a tiny hand setting a brick on a wall that's slowly being finished.

*ETA* can i also add how ridiculously embarrassed i am about all of this?

Oh no! Massively disappointing! I'm so sorry he turned out to be fickle.

But you DO deserve to be happy!!!!
  • Lois_1989

Men are so gross.

Some are, certainly. Some have other issues too.

However some men are refined and polite.

My SO is the latter.

I knew I would get a reaction to that generalization. Ohh... and I have an Oprah "look" too. I have been told that. :)

Apparently I do to. I'm been told I speak with my eyes.
    SO knows when to stop the conversation without me saying ANYTHING
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    Not to make everyone sad, but I read this secret ages ago on Postsecret, and it really stayed with me. Although it would be hard to stay with a pet until the end, after reading this, I could never leave. :'(
    h69laalbfct1.jpg

I've always stayed. I'm Mama, and I am with them to the end, cuddling them until the vet officially pronounces them "gone".

I also have this weird notion that I have to pretend to be upbeat and cheerful because the dogs have always picked up on my emotions and I don't want them to feel my sadness. Although I guess I've never fooled them.

Will anyone have any sympathy for me if I say that for the first time in my life I'm having trouble keeping weight on?

Since I've bumped up my exercise with the stairs etc and weights, I've been losing weight again, (slowly but still), although I feel like I'm eating so much more. I'm tracking and even going over what should be maintenance but it's still continuing to drop bit by bit. Eating is a chore at this point, which I never thought in a million years would even be possible.

I'm worried that it's rendering the exercise pointless if I'm not building muscle. I don't want to be putting in all this working-out, stair-climbing and strength-training effort for nothing so I'm kind of frustrated. And quite frankly, I don't really want to be any thinner at this point. My clothes are getting too big, there's an inch of empty space in my bra cups, and my rings are super loose.

I have never in my life felt bad for people who claim they can't gain weight (because how hard is it to just eat some more?!) but it turns out that the answer seems to be that it's a lot harder than I thought.

Loads of sympathy here, I'm having much the same issues.

Whereas I liked the idea of losing some BF and getting definition, I didn't want to lose flesh off my chest and face, which is where the loss is the most noticeable.

Last summer I dropped 5 lbs (that I didn't need to lose) because of taking hardcore antibiotics... I digested nothing for two weeks. Right after that I was on vacation and my physical activity increased significantly, plus my eating got a bit erratic just because of weird scheduling, and I only managed to gain 2 lbs back. Dedicated myself to lifting and eating higher protein in January, but it has still taken me a year to return to my normal weight.

I was hoping that building muscle would ADD some weight, not just shrink my boobs.

DON'T SAY THAT!!! :o

LOL, that's about the only good thing about dropping my body fat so low. Losing them makes me positively gleeful, apart from all the extra cup space.

But you have them to lose, I, however, do not.
    No, me neither :(
    I'm starting to see how some women reward themselves for getting to their goal weight, by getting a 'little extra' added!

I didn't know this was a thing. I've thought MANY times about having "some work" done, but I honestly don't think I ever would. I just need to learn to be satisfied with what God gave me and accentuate the positives.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it, it's just not for me, I don't think. I might change my mind when I hit 40. Who knows?!

I used to think that too, but now I'm pretty sure that, especially if we do decide to have kids, I'm going to get mine hoiked up as far as possible afterward. They're staying put so far but I'm terrified of them ending up around my navel one day :lol: If I'd had to lose a lot of weight and they'd gotten shrunken or saggy I would have fixed them without question.

I am actually tempted to do this. I've never been blessed in that area since I was a big kid too. I want to have them fixed up. I'm torn between being okay with what I have (which isn't great) and getting what I want.

If I could have anything fixed it would be my arms/bat wings & my legs! Since losing around 140 pounds my legs are still awful & it still looks like I have no kneecaps.

I'm pretty sure I'll have the same problem. I always say I have cottage cheese legs.

I'm getting mine fixed. I'll need chest reduction, arms, and tummy tuck. Probably more but that's enough surgeries for me. We are not rich, and I am terrified of something going wrong, but...losing 170 lbs wrecks your body. I actually can't even work out the way I want without rubbing the skin, getting rashes, etc. :/ I could go on and on for the reasons why it's necessary for my well-being, but it is. I have to do it in stages, so I'm looking at Stage 1 being in Nov and Stage 2 being in May.

I have 3 consults scheduled for this Wed and I'm nervous/excited.

Awesome. I am 100% in favor of plastics and once I get to maintenance I'm doing it, too.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,439 Member
    *post boyfriend update*

so that's the end of that.

after a solid month of seeing each other almost every. single. day. and him making the point to "be exclusive," dude decided that "i don't think that this is working for me."

i got about three hours of sleep last night, they weren't concurrent either. so apologies for the rambles.
    first he said it was because *i* wanted too much commitment, to which i kindly reminded him that *he* was the one that wanted to be exclusive, then he just said that he wasn't sure if i was the *one* for him.
    i do know that a lil more than a week ago, his ex-wife from six years ago reached out to him to try and rekindle things. he initially said he wasn't interested, maybe that changed?
    or he simply just panicked and fled.
    same end result.

i'd be lying if i said i wasn't devastated. and this is probably stupid of me too, but i really, honestly, thought he was the one for me. finally after all the horrors, and downright brutal treatment i endured both physically and emotionally...i thought it was actually my turn to be happy.
    i'd also be lying if i said i wasn't furious with myself for allowing myself to get so involved and excited and be so foolish.
    i should know better.
    i do know better.

i think i'm just going to take a break from everything for a while.
    my brain keeps flashing this lil image of a tiny hand setting a brick on a wall that's slowly being finished.

*ETA* can i also add how ridiculously embarrassed i am about all of this?

Want me to take him out for ya? I know a guy.

That sucks hard. I'm so sorry.

Aren't you a cop?! :*

Exactly... >:)
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member

Ooh, that's still quite a haul. Where do you sell your honey? Does it have to be treated in any way before you can sell it?

Glad you can access the forums again!

Nope, we sell it raw/strained. We don't heat process it; just filter it to get most of the cappings out and bottle it. I sell a ton at work, ship some to friends and family and we also have a little stand up by the road. We'd like to eventually sell some at the maple syrup factory up the road.
  • quiksylver296
    stacynoell wrote: »
    I undereat all the time. I almost get "high" off cardio and burn 500-600 calories per cardio session. But I don't increase my calories, so my weight loss is stalling...I have to retrain my brain to go ahead and eat. Most of the time I am not hungry...I used to weigh 262, but now I weigh 180, but I still see the fat girl in my head, so I stick to about 1500 calories even if I work out and burn 1000... :'(

@stacynoell awesome job on losing 82 pounds! Not judging but trying to help so don't take this the wrong way.

Are you accurately measuring your burns by either using a heart rate monitor or a fitness tracking device like Fitbit, Jawbone, Garmin, etc.? Could you be overestimating your calorie burns?

Do you weigh your food on a digital food scale that measures in grams, ounces, & pounds? If not then you could be overestimating how much you burn & underestimating how much you're actually eating. Sometimes eyeballing & using measuring cups can be off by a great percentage. Usually when there's a stall it's from eating more than we think.

Sometimes the exercise machines that measure calorie burns are great overestimated as are the MFP exercise estimations.

This is very true. :)Usually halving the MyFitnessPal exercise calorie burn is roughly correct. Also, be kind to yourself! <3 Starving your body of the nutrition it needs will give you a lot of unpleasantness down the road. :)

:o

Um, guys, is this true??

Usually... unless you are wearing a heart rate monitor.
  • quiksylver296
    And now i'm kinda drunk and totally rambling. Sorry. But please know, you guys are awesome, and I really appreciate all the support, it's helping me in ways I can't even describe. Thank you all so much

I have a break-up songs playlist I can send you if you like. It starts off with the sad, sappy stuff then moves to the more empowering stuff. My personal favorite is Cake's version of I will survive (has some swearing). Love that song!!! I will play it here loudly shortly in honor of you. I do believe it is on YouTube too. :smiley:

I have both original and Cake version of that song! I <3 them both!