Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Replies

• Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Ok, so everyone can ignore my earlier whiny post and be proud of me for taking off the cranky pants!

Despite being lazy and feeling bloated, I did my run- 9 miles and went for our 4ish mile walk. Now, I will go and horrify everyone at the restaurant when they see just how much pizza I can eat at their buffet! Weeeee!!!!

Um...lol that's 13 miles! Go on and eat your pizza!

Exactly!!

Oh, trust me..I ate an obscene amount of food...definitely got more than my money's worth! One more bite and my husband would have been rolling me out of there!!!
    I'll get one more walk in putting me over 20 miles for the day...but by my guesstimations on the food today, I will still be over my calories!!! :blush:
    That's with a small breakfast..and no plans for dinner because there's no room in this body for anything but water at this point!!!
    ETA: @kellyjellybellyjelly, I'm not sure I could choose a favorite. They're awesome there! I'm vegetarian and they asked me what pizza I wanted them to make for the buffet..because they had so many meat ones prepared!! It was so nice of them to ask...I didn't know what to say so I just told them any veggie ones.
    The ones they made for little ole me included:
    plain cheese
    Portobello mushroom, spinach, & feta
    Tomato, spinach, olive, and feta
    Green peppers and onions

Out of embarrassment, I refuse to say how many slices I ate...but I also had greek salad and pasta salad!!!

Fello vegetarian here and these sound amazing! (Why does Fello look wrong. Felo? Feloo? Fellow? Ahhh its Fellow! (no squiggly line under it!).

This made me smile!
    Me too! I do that kind of thing all the time.
  • Tubbs216
    I don't know what happened here, but all of a sudden I can access the boards again from work. I guess someone in IT figured out that MFP doesn't fall into the blocked category of "games".

So, we extracted 168 lbs of honey from the hives that had capped boards. That's not as much as we'd hoped; the wet weather really did a number on the bees' foraging. :/ But still, we're hopeful that they be able to draw more comb so we can harvest again in the fall. What we did get, though, looks really good. I can't tell you how it tastes, though, because honey is gross. LOL My husband and son love it, though.

Welcome back! And I like honey too... But don't seek it out. Too much sugar. I would be terrified of getting honey from a hive. Yikes!

I seek out local honey and eat a teaspoon daily during peak allergy season. I couldn't tell you why it helps, but it does.

"The idea behind eating honey is kind of like gradually vaccinating the body against allergens, a process called immunotherapy. Honey contains a variety of the same pollen spores that give allergy sufferers so much trouble when flowers and grasses are in bloom. Introducing these spores into the body in small amounts by eating honey should make the body accustomed to their presence and decrease the chance an immune system response like the release of histamine will occur. Since the concentration of pollen spores found in honey is low -- compared to, say, sniffing a flower directly -- then the production of antibodies shouldn't trigger symptoms similar to an allergic reaction. Ideally, the honey-eater won't have any reaction at all."

I got all that from How Stuff Works dot com.
    http://health.howstuffworks.com/diseases-conditions/allergies/allergy-treatments/local-honey-for-allergies2.htm

And here I was just listening to my mom because her grandmother was a medicine woman. LOL! Anywho, time for a trip to the farmer's market. I am getting low on honey.
    Yet another reason why bees are awesome!
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I don't know what happened here, but all of a sudden I can access the boards again from work. I guess someone in IT figured out that MFP doesn't fall into the blocked category of "games".

So, we extracted 168 lbs of honey from the hives that had capped boards. That's not as much as we'd hoped; the wet weather really did a number on the bees' foraging. :/ But still, we're hopeful that they be able to draw more comb so we can harvest again in the fall. What we did get, though, looks really good. I can't tell you how it tastes, though, because honey is gross. LOL My husband and son love it, though.
    Ooh, that's still quite a haul. Where do you sell your honey? Does it have to be treated in any way before you can sell it?

Glad you can access the forums again!

Nope, we sell it raw/strained. We don't heat process it; just filter it to get most of the cappings out and bottle it. I sell a ton at work, ship some to friends and family and we also have a little stand up by the road. We'd like to eventually sell some at the maple syrup factory up the road.
    Sounds like that would be a good outlet!
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    For everyone that's in for exchanges and card sending etc. I'll start a thread in the bat cave.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member

Welcome back! And I like honey too... But don't seek it out. Too much sugar. I would be terrified of getting honey from a hive. Yikes!

I seek out local honey and eat a teaspoon daily during peak allergy season. I couldn't tell you why it helps, but it does.

"The idea behind eating honey is kind of like gradually vaccinating the body against allergens, a process called immunotherapy. Honey contains a variety of the same pollen spores that give allergy sufferers so much trouble when flowers and grasses are in bloom. Introducing these spores into the body in small amounts by eating honey should make the body accustomed to their presence and decrease the chance an immune system response like the release of histamine will occur. Since the concentration of pollen spores found in honey is low -- compared to, say, sniffing a flower directly -- then the production of antibodies shouldn't trigger symptoms similar to an allergic reaction. Ideally, the honey-eater won't have any reaction at all."

I got all that from How Stuff Works dot com.
    http://health.howstuffworks.com/diseases-conditions/allergies/allergy-treatments/local-honey-for-allergies2.htm

And here I was just listening to my mom because her grandmother was a medicine woman. LOL! Anywho, time for a trip to the farmer's market. I am getting low on honey.
    Yet another reason why bees are awesome!

I love honey. I have tried raw locally sourced honey during allergy season, no help. Yummy and worth eating but no help with allergies for me.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,723 Member
    I started SL 5x5 last night with Mr. Mo. He didn't even try to weasel out of it and that made me so happy. I was able to talk one of our friends that lifts into helping us so we made sure our form was correct and we knew how to do each lift properly. I felt VERY out of place in the weight room because everyone else knew what they were doing and didn't have a "coach". Anywho, he was very encouraging and helpful and I'm glad he was there.

We took our measurements last night and I'm sad about mine. My waist measured 31" across my belly button, (I've been bloated lately, so I'm not sure how accurate that really was) my hips are 37.5, biceps are both 10" while my quads are 19.5", (I think) and my calves are I think 15". Not sure what "healthy" measurements for someone 5'7 should be.

The DOMS are strong with this one this morning. Especially my neck from where the bar was resting during my squats. I feel bruised.

I enjoyed the lifting, but more than that, I enjoyed spending time with my honey.

• riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    P
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    @KylerJaye I am so sorry! Maybe he got cold feet on how fast you guys were moving (even though he instigated it) or maybe he just realized a commitment wasn't what he wanted, or even to your point the ex. Either way, its his problem and his loss. You don't have to feel embarrassed. I would be most of us on this thread have been there before. To be honest, this is one of the reasons I avoid dating completely, I got way too tied up/committed too quickly if I like a guy and get my heart broken. It just means your human, sensitive, and caring. Those are all positive attributes. So, grieve for a while but there are other (lots of other) fish in the sea that will LOVE to be with you. You just need to find the right one. And if you keep looking you will some day.

And we look forward to your next dating adventure. Don't be the least bit embarrassed!

I'm pretty sure I'm going to not date anymore if my current relationship doesn't work out. I am the same as you and I fall in love/commit too fast and hard. I am very emotional too. I sometimes think it would be easier to just avoid that. Plus, you seem like you are free to do things at any time (travel etc). I love that!

I am very happy with my life. I admit I sometimes think I would like someone in my life but then I see people feeling constricted with having to manage others expectations. I am not interested in managing to any one else's expectations. Maybe that will change but I am basically a loner. I like to manage my life on my schedule and I am ok with being alone. I may meet someone one day but he'd have to be pretty special (and tolerant and equally independent ).

Seconded!!! I really am quite content with not having a man in my life besides the 4 year old. Maybe as he gets older and more independent that feeling might change but right now I just wonder if it would even be possible to fit a relationship in. Although I do confess to hating having to take the garbage out ;)
  • riderfangal
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    For everyone that's in for exchanges and card sending etc. I'll start a thread in the bat cave.

Yay! Count me in!!
  • riderfangal
    I started SL 5x5 last night with Mr. Mo. He didn't even try to weasel out of it and that made me so happy. I was able to talk one of our friends that lifts into helping us so we made sure our form was correct and we knew how to do each lift properly. I felt VERY out of place in the weight room because everyone else knew what they were doing and didn't have a "coach". Anywho, he was very encouraging and helpful and I'm glad he was there.

We took our measurements last night and I'm sad about mine. My waist measured 31" across my belly button, (I've been bloated lately, so I'm not sure how accurate that really was) my hips are 37.5, biceps are both 10" while my quads are 19.5", (I think) and my calves are I think 15". Not sure what "healthy" measurements for someone 5'7 should be.

The DOMS are strong with this one this morning. Especially my neck from where the bar was resting during my squats. I feel bruised.

I enjoyed the lifting, but more than that, I enjoyed spending time with my honey.

Sounds like a win/win. Glad you enjoyed yourself!!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member

Tomorrow will be worse. Just make sure you move today. It will help.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    edited August 2015
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    I tried to take daughter to the weight room and show her it is not a scary place.... (FAIL)

So it was more crowded than normal. Our gym is a club and is very family friendly and welcoming...except, it appears, the weight room. There were two other women in there and the rest guys of various ages.

I start lifting and daughter comes to hang out with me. Right next to us a loud conversation started:

Middle age man # 1 "How is your injury?"

Middle age man #2 "It is ok, they have me full of antibiotics. I was taking a (SH word for pooh) and sitting on the toilet and pulled a scab off and nearly passed out."

Me in my head (Really? You are established adults paying good money for this membership that stresses family values and a safe place and you loudly describe this when it is very clear there are four ladies within 10 feet of you?!?!?)

Needless to say daughter did not participate in lifting weights last night. I wish I could have a private conversation with those men about appropriate conversation in public areas. Daughter admitted that the conversation was part of why she didn't lift.

Men are so gross.
    Not all men. Mr Tubbs would ask them if they thought that was an appropriate conversation to have in front of ladies. He would also give them his Oprah look. He's braver than me. I'd think of something smart and withering to say 20 minutes later.
    logqlg7c8hml.gif

not to be contrary or anything, but i don't see the issue with their conversation. 2 adults were having a conversation, in the vicinity of other adults. I don't see how discussing toilet habits or scabs impacts family values? You overhear all sorts of conversations, in all sorts of places. Its up to you if you're going to be offended by it, but really, what does being offended achieve? (Check out Steve Hughes - offended on youtube).

And i really don't go for the idea that ladies are fragile wall flowers with delicate constitutions and ears.

and presumably, if you're hanging out in the weights room, the guys are giving you the kudos of being strong individuals, not likely to be offended by a few words, which were not addressed to you?
    Ah, I think I might have misunderstood the original post. I took it that the man's 'injury' was an STD and that he was talking about picking scabs off his wotsit. That struck me as a particularly unpleasant conversation to be having in mixed company.
    No, you were right the first time the implication (tones used by the men) were STD. The actual words were not, but the in person tone there was STD or similar. I personally was not offended however I was annoyed. I am around men in a male dominated field all day long. I have heard a lot and it does not generally bother me, although I do train my staff about appropriate times/places. I purposefully budget to be a member of a club where social niceties and manners and, yes, minding your language in front of women and children are expected. I choose to drive farther and pay a whole lot extra to be this environment. I do this especially so my daughter who is sensitive feels comfortable to work out. Is it the end of the world? Not at all. Will I get my daughter back into the weight room? Probably not for a long time. :neutral: That is what I am annoyed with.

Edited for punctuation
  • Oberon21

We'll definitely have to organize Xmas for those who celebrate it... or we'll all go broke. Can Santa be agnostic across cultures and religions in the thread??? He kind of is but some do not practice the exchanging of gifts. We'll have to identify who is in, etc.
  • Oberon21
    Random the guy speaking now in this meeting (a creative from our main agency) is smacking his lips and burping his way through the presentation. He is making me nauseous. I am judging.
  • Oberon21
    I tried to take daughter to the weight room and show her it is not a scary place.... (FAIL)

So it was more crowded than normal. Our gym is a club and is very family friendly and welcoming...except, it appears, the weight room. There were two other women in there and the rest guys of various ages.

I start lifting and daughter comes to hang out with me. Right next to us a loud conversation started:

Middle age man # 1 "How is your injury?"

Middle age man #2 "It is ok, they have me full of antibiotics. I was taking a (SH word for pooh) and sitting on the toilet and pulled a scab off and nearly passed out."

Me in my head (Really? You are established adults paying good money for this membership that stresses family values and a safe place and you loudly describe this when it is very clear there are four ladies within 10 feet of you?!?!?)

Needless to say daughter did not participate in lifting weights last night. I wish I could have a private conversation with those men about appropriate conversation in public areas. Daughter admitted that the conversation was part of why she didn't lift.

Men are so gross.
    Not all men. Mr Tubbs would ask them if they thought that was an appropriate conversation to have in front of ladies. He would also give them his Oprah look. He's braver than me. I'd think of something smart and withering to say 20 minutes later.
    logqlg7c8hml.gif

not to be contrary or anything, but i don't see the issue with their conversation. 2 adults were having a conversation, in the vicinity of other adults. I don't see how discussing toilet habits or scabs impacts family values? You overhear all sorts of conversations, in all sorts of places. Its up to you if you're going to be offended by it, but really, what does being offended achieve? (Check out Steve Hughes - offended on youtube).

And i really don't go for the idea that ladies are fragile wall flowers with delicate constitutions and ears.

and presumably, if you're hanging out in the weights room, the guys are giving you the kudos of being strong individuals, not likely to be offended by a few words, which were not addressed to you?
    Ah, I think I might have misunderstood the original post. I took it that the man's 'injury' was an STD and that he was talking about picking scabs off his wotsit. That struck me as a particularly unpleasant conversation to be having in mixed company.
    No, you were right the first time the implication (tones used by the men) were STD. The actual words were not, but the in person tone there was STD or similar. I personally was not offended however I was annoyed. I am around men in a male dominated field all day long. I have heard a lot and it does not generally bother me, although I do train my staff about appropriate times/places. I purposefully budget to be a member of a club where social niceties and manners and, yes, minding your language in front of women and children are expected. I choose to drive farther and pay a whole lot extra to be this environment. I do this especially so my daughter who is sensitive feels comfortable to work out. Is it the end of the world? Not at all. Will I get my daughter back into the weight room? Probably not for a long time. :neutral: That is what I am annoyed with.

Edited for punctuation

I am so clueless I missed the STD part. I was just grossed out by him being in the bathroom and discussing his bodily functions in public. Now I am doubly grossed out.
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Random the guy speaking now in this meeting (a creative from our main agency) is smacking his lips and burping his way through the presentation. He is making me nauseous. I am judging.

YUCK! I would hardcore be judging as well. Did your momma not teach you any better?! :/
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Random...why am I getting targeted with depends adult diapers now??? What site did I visit that caused THAT?

Bahaha! No idea, but sometimes these targeted ads are quite funny... :p

I always get confused when you guys talk about the ads, and then I remember it is because I have ad blocker so I do not see any :p
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    stacynoell wrote: »
    I undereat all the time. I almost get "high" off cardio and burn 500-600 calories per cardio session. But I don't increase my calories, so my weight loss is stalling...I have to retrain my brain to go ahead and eat. Most of the time I am not hungry...I used to weigh 262, but now I weigh 180, but I still see the fat girl in my head, so I stick to about 1500 calories even if I work out and burn 1000... :'(

@stacynoell awesome job on losing 82 pounds! Not judging but trying to help so don't take this the wrong way.

Are you accurately measuring your burns by either using a heart rate monitor or a fitness tracking device like Fitbit, Jawbone, Garmin, etc.? Could you be overestimating your calorie burns?

Do you weigh your food on a digital food scale that measures in grams, ounces, & pounds? If not then you could be overestimating how much you burn & underestimating how much you're actually eating. Sometimes eyeballing & using measuring cups can be off by a great percentage. Usually when there's a stall it's from eating more than we think.

Sometimes the exercise machines that measure calorie burns are great overestimated as are the MFP exercise estimations.

This is very true. :)Usually halving the MyFitnessPal exercise calorie burn is roughly correct. Also, be kind to yourself! <3 Starving your body of the nutrition it needs will give you a lot of unpleasantness down the road. :)

:o

Um, guys, is this true??

Trust your Fitbit. The rule for mfp is roughly half, but to reassess how you are losing - too quick, eat back a larger %. If you eat them all back and are losing at the rate you expect to be, that works too.

I tend to think that As you get more fit, the burns are less accurate. When I was logging exercise on here, I usually tried a couple other calculators to see how close the burn was and it was usually close.

I try not to eat any exercise calories back at all....I am totally confused now :|
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member

You are lucky Mr Mo lifts with you. I get my husband to spot me occasionally and help put the bar in place for squats until I get a power rack. I may have to encourage him to participate too.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    stacynoell wrote: »
    I undereat all the time. I almost get "high" off cardio and burn 500-600 calories per cardio session. But I don't increase my calories, so my weight loss is stalling...I have to retrain my brain to go ahead and eat. Most of the time I am not hungry...I used to weigh 262, but now I weigh 180, but I still see the fat girl in my head, so I stick to about 1500 calories even if I work out and burn 1000... :'(

@stacynoell awesome job on losing 82 pounds! Not judging but trying to help so don't take this the wrong way.

Are you accurately measuring your burns by either using a heart rate monitor or a fitness tracking device like Fitbit, Jawbone, Garmin, etc.? Could you be overestimating your calorie burns?

Do you weigh your food on a digital food scale that measures in grams, ounces, & pounds? If not then you could be overestimating how much you burn & underestimating how much you're actually eating. Sometimes eyeballing & using measuring cups can be off by a great percentage. Usually when there's a stall it's from eating more than we think.

Sometimes the exercise machines that measure calorie burns are great overestimated as are the MFP exercise estimations.

This is very true. :)Usually halving the MyFitnessPal exercise calorie burn is roughly correct. Also, be kind to yourself! <3 Starving your body of the nutrition it needs will give you a lot of unpleasantness down the road. :)

:o

Um, guys, is this true??

Not for everyone, and no offence to Susie, but it really irritates me the way this gets bandied about the forums as if it's Gospel. There are quite a few people who find it overestimates burn, but personally I found that when I got my HRM, a lot of the counts were actually pretty close to what MFP had given me. I've seen other people on my friends list say the same, and some even say they're a bit on the low side.

I know for me the MFP numbers are WAY overestimated. Probably because I'm short lol.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,723 Member

:s how unprofessional.