Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    stacynoell wrote: »
    I undereat all the time. I almost get "high" off cardio and burn 500-600 calories per cardio session. But I don't increase my calories, so my weight loss is stalling...I have to retrain my brain to go ahead and eat. Most of the time I am not hungry...I used to weigh 262, but now I weigh 180, but I still see the fat girl in my head, so I stick to about 1500 calories even if I work out and burn 1000... :'(

@stacynoell awesome job on losing 82 pounds! Not judging but trying to help so don't take this the wrong way.

Are you accurately measuring your burns by either using a heart rate monitor or a fitness tracking device like Fitbit, Jawbone, Garmin, etc.? Could you be overestimating your calorie burns?

Do you weigh your food on a digital food scale that measures in grams, ounces, & pounds? If not then you could be overestimating how much you burn & underestimating how much you're actually eating. Sometimes eyeballing & using measuring cups can be off by a great percentage. Usually when there's a stall it's from eating more than we think.

Sometimes the exercise machines that measure calorie burns are great overestimated as are the MFP exercise estimations.

This is very true. :)Usually halving the MyFitnessPal exercise calorie burn is roughly correct. Also, be kind to yourself! <3 Starving your body of the nutrition it needs will give you a lot of unpleasantness down the road. :)

:o

Um, guys, is this true??

Not for everyone, and no offence to Susie, but it really irritates me the way this gets bandied about the forums as if it's Gospel. There are quite a few people who find it overestimates burn, but personally I found that when I got my HRM, a lot of the counts were actually pretty close to what MFP had given me. I've seen other people on my friends list say the same, and some even say they're a bit on the low side.

I find this to be true when I enter my burn from what my HRM is telling me. I always have to adjust it up.

I Google it to for running and swimming. Running is low on some speeds and high on others. It's a bit all over the place but I don't think it's doubled.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,723 Member
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    So I have now tried all the Quest bars I wanted to try.

Cookie dough, chocolate peanut butter and cookies and creme are my faves. White chocolate raspberry was good too. Not a single one was gross and I never felt like I had to choke one down. This is a new staple for me.

Ha! Another convert! My mission to win over the world, one Quest bar at a time. Now if you would just LOVE the Lemon Cream Pie flavor, I would be one step closer... ;)

I'm so jealous that everyone but me get to eat Quest bars :'( Anyone want to buy me a box of them for my birthday? :D

Can I ship to Saudi Arabia? What are the dynamics of that? When is your birthday (I know Oct but what date)? You'll have to send me your address in a message. I might not send Quest bars but I might want to send a card.... ! Or something. :)

That's what I was thinking too - a card or something. Susie do you want birthday cards from all over?

Edit: and maybe some honey nut Cheerios?

Oooh what a lovely idea! we could have a birthdays thread and send cards.

oh oh oh and secret santa!

That would be AWESOME!!! I love giving and getting gifts. @MelissaPhippsFeagins already had my address because she promised me fudge and zucchini cake!

My birthday is December 27, btw.

• crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    MissKalhan wrote: »

Cookie dough, chocolate peanut butter and cookies and creme are my faves. White chocolate raspberry was good too. Not a single one was gross and I never felt like I had to choke one down. This is a new staple for me.

Ha! Another convert! My mission to win over the world, one Quest bar at a time. Now if you would just LOVE the Lemon Cream Pie flavor, I would be one step closer... ;)

I'm so jealous that everyone but me get to eat Quest bars :'( Anyone want to buy me a box of them for my birthday? :D

Can I ship to Saudi Arabia? What are the dynamics of that? When is your birthday (I know Oct but what date)? You'll have to send me your address in a message. I might not send Quest bars but I might want to send a card.... ! Or something. :)

That's what I was thinking too - a card or something. Susie do you want birthday cards from all over?

Yes yes yes yes all of this yes! I am a sucker for getting random stuff and sending stuff in the mail lol

Count me in!! I still love getting snail mail that isn't a bill or an advert.
  • Oberon21
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    @KylerJaye I am so sorry! Maybe he got cold feet on how fast you guys were moving (even though he instigated it) or maybe he just realized a commitment wasn't what he wanted, or even to your point the ex. Either way, its his problem and his loss. You don't have to feel embarrassed. I would be most of us on this thread have been there before. To be honest, this is one of the reasons I avoid dating completely, I got way too tied up/committed too quickly if I like a guy and get my heart broken. It just means your human, sensitive, and caring. Those are all positive attributes. So, grieve for a while but there are other (lots of other) fish in the sea that will LOVE to be with you. You just need to find the right one. And if you keep looking you will some day.

And we look forward to your next dating adventure. Don't be the least bit embarrassed!

I'm pretty sure I'm going to not date anymore if my current relationship doesn't work out. I am the same as you and I fall in love/commit too fast and hard. I am very emotional too. I sometimes think it would be easier to just avoid that. Plus, you seem like you are free to do things at any time (travel etc). I love that!

I am very happy with my life. I admit I sometimes think I would like someone in my life but then I see people feeling constricted with having to manage others expectations. I am not interested in managing to any one else's expectations. Maybe that will change but I am basically a loner. I like to manage my life on my schedule and I am ok with being alone. I may meet someone one day but he'd have to be pretty special (and tolerant and equally independent ).
  • MoHousdon
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    *post boyfriend update*

so that's the end of that.

after a solid month of seeing each other almost every. single. day. and him making the point to "be exclusive," dude decided that "i don't think that this is working for me."

i got about three hours of sleep last night, they weren't concurrent either. so apologies for the rambles.
    first he said it was because *i* wanted too much commitment, to which i kindly reminded him that *he* was the one that wanted to be exclusive, then he just said that he wasn't sure if i was the *one* for him.
    i do know that a lil more than a week ago, his ex-wife from six years ago reached out to him to try and rekindle things. he initially said he wasn't interested, maybe that changed?
    or he simply just panicked and fled.
    same end result.

i'd be lying if i said i wasn't devastated. and this is probably stupid of me too, but i really, honestly, thought he was the one for me. finally after all the horrors, and downright brutal treatment i endured both physically and emotionally...i thought it was actually my turn to be happy.
    i'd also be lying if i said i wasn't furious with myself for allowing myself to get so involved and excited and be so foolish.
    i should know better.
    i do know better.

i think i'm just going to take a break from everything for a while.
    my brain keeps flashing this lil image of a tiny hand setting a brick on a wall that's slowly being finished.

*ETA* can i also add how ridiculously embarrassed i am about all of this?

Want me to take him out for ya? I know a guy.

That sucks hard. I'm so sorry.

Aren't you a cop?! :*

Exactly... >:)

But isn't that a conflict of interests?! :/

• FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    In honour of @LBuehrle8 arriving in blighty today I have made meatloaf with roast potatoes and veg and a cherry and almond crumbleand custard, all from scratch

Sound fabulous (of course I couldn't eat the meatloaf.. but the cherry and almond crumble and custards sounds FABULOUS!)
    Yes! I thought so when I read it, and forgot to mention it. I LOVE the cherry/almond combo. I have an Evans cherry tree (beautiful red, sour cherries) and I never know what to do with them all. I've already made cherry liqueur and there are still SO MANY cherries. I might make some jam/compote if I get a chance before they go bad, or before the birds get to them.

Make cheesecake and put the cherry + cherry liqueur on it. Then invite me over for some!

And me. And put ground almonds in the biscuit base,

Also, bottle some cherries with vodka. Cherry vodka and lemonade is awesome.

In waitrose, they sell a bakewell vodka. I may have a bottle in my fridge.

Oooh and also, cherry ice cream. I have a recipe for that too. (alright, its Ben and Jerry's recipe. Its still awesome.)
    Whaaat? That sounds awesome! Do want!

Ben and Jerry's Cherry Garcia

Ingredients:
    ¼ cup shaved plain chocolate
    ¼ cup fresh bing cherries, halved and pitted (I used glace cherries, just as good)
    2 large eggs
    ¾ cup sugar
    2 cups of heavy or whipping cream
    1 cup milk

Instructions:
    Places shaved chocolate flakes and cherries in separate bowls. Cover and refrigerate.
    Whisk the eggs in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy (1-2 mins)
    Whisk in the sugar, a little at a time, then continue whisking until completely blended.
    Pour in cream and milk and whisk
    Transfer mixture to ice cream maker and freeze following manufacturer’s instructions

After the ice cream stiffens (about 2 mins before its done) add the chocolate and cherries and continue freezing.

Yay, saving this now. :)
  • Oberon21

Yes yes yes yes all of this yes! I am a sucker for getting random stuff and sending stuff in the mail lol

I am up for it!
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    MFP always overestimates my burns, I'm pretty sure, but I'm on the short/light side so I know I burn less than average. A 5K run at 6mph (about a 10 minute mile...not fast but a definite run with my short legs) only burns about 200 calories for me according to most other calculators. MFP gives me more like 300 for it.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    I have a feeling my Christmas card list is about to get longer!!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,439 Member
    stacynoell wrote: »
    I undereat all the time. I almost get "high" off cardio and burn 500-600 calories per cardio session. But I don't increase my calories, so my weight loss is stalling...I have to retrain my brain to go ahead and eat. Most of the time I am not hungry...I used to weigh 262, but now I weigh 180, but I still see the fat girl in my head, so I stick to about 1500 calories even if I work out and burn 1000... :'(

@stacynoell awesome job on losing 82 pounds! Not judging but trying to help so don't take this the wrong way.

Are you accurately measuring your burns by either using a heart rate monitor or a fitness tracking device like Fitbit, Jawbone, Garmin, etc.? Could you be overestimating your calorie burns?

Do you weigh your food on a digital food scale that measures in grams, ounces, & pounds? If not then you could be overestimating how much you burn & underestimating how much you're actually eating. Sometimes eyeballing & using measuring cups can be off by a great percentage. Usually when there's a stall it's from eating more than we think.

Sometimes the exercise machines that measure calorie burns are great overestimated as are the MFP exercise estimations.

This is very true. :)Usually halving the MyFitnessPal exercise calorie burn is roughly correct. Also, be kind to yourself! <3 Starving your body of the nutrition it needs will give you a lot of unpleasantness down the road. :)

:o

Um, guys, is this true??

Not for me. I can eat back at least 3/4 of my exercise and maintain my current weight. Walking is completely accurate. Weightlifting is very close. Dance class and zumba are about 75% of what I actually burn. I don't do those at the high impact that increases calorie burn because of my bad knee. It depends on your individual metabolism.

I was trying to figure out how to log my calorie burn last night after lifting. I wasn't patient enough to go through all the options. Is there a generic "code" for lifting?

I log it in the Cardio section as Strength Training. It give me like 168 calories for 45 minutes.
  • Oberon21
    The weekend was amazing, got to see family and play Bubble Soccer! I ate like crap all weekend and I realized I am losing my motivation (a month and a bit before my half amrathon), someone find my motivate please! :/

What is bubble soccer?
    vkgzyj2l5j3z.jpg

This is bubble soccer! Essentially free reign to tackle someone without hurting them, at one point I was stuck upside down with my feet in the air thankfully my brother was "nice enough" to knock me back over haha

I want to try this!
  • Oberon21
    Also, I may have booked a little holiday trip for next September (yep 2016) for the Smarties and I, to a weekend of Mr Smartie's favourite music. Lots of live bands and DJs.

I really must start researching flights to Tennessee and hotels..... @pofoster21

Also, I will need to start working more to afford all of this :smiley:

I was getting worried! That you were abandoning me. And... I am still planning on climbing that mountain next year!

Oh no! I'm not abandoning you! Gonna start joggling (walk/jogging) outside this week with @girldownsouth in preparation. I'm just hoping i can afford it!

And we are so doing the mountain. I've been looking at renting a little cabin or cottage near by, which might be nicer than a hotel/B&B

EXCELLENT! As I have been telling everyone about it....
  • FroggyBug

I'm poor but I'd be up for this. :)
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,439 Member
    *post boyfriend update*

after a solid month of seeing each other almost every. single. day. and him making the point to "be exclusive," dude decided that "i don't think that this is working for me."

i got about three hours of sleep last night, they weren't concurrent either. so apologies for the rambles.
    first he said it was because *i* wanted too much commitment, to which i kindly reminded him that *he* was the one that wanted to be exclusive, then he just said that he wasn't sure if i was the *one* for him.
    i do know that a lil more than a week ago, his ex-wife from six years ago reached out to him to try and rekindle things. he initially said he wasn't interested, maybe that changed?
    same end result.

i'd be lying if i said i wasn't devastated. and this is probably stupid of me too, but i really, honestly, thought he was the one for me. finally after all the horrors, and downright brutal treatment i endured both physically and emotionally...i thought it was actually my turn to be happy.
    i'd also be lying if i said i wasn't furious with myself for allowing myself to get so involved and excited and be so foolish.
    i should know better.
    i do know better.

my brain keeps flashing this lil image of a tiny hand setting a brick on a wall that's slowly being finished.

We are the people that would know how to do something like that and get away with it. (And I'm just kidding. I'd never really do that...I think)
  • Oberon21

Aww, that's sweet of you!! :) If you want to do so, you can ship to my N.Y. account--they'll forward it to Saudi Arabia for me from there, and you don't have to worry about international shipping charges that way. ;)

My birthday is on the eighth of October. :smiley:

Ok...send that info!
  • FroggyBug
    crosbylee wrote: »
    I have a feeling my Christmas card list is about to get longer!!

I would love to send and receive more cards. :)
  • MoHousdon
    *post boyfriend update*

same end result.

i should know better.
    i do know better.

We are the people that would know how to do something like that and get away with it. (And I'm just kidding. I'd never really do that...I think)

Nice save.

Did you see my picture in the Locker Room from last night?!

• Oberon21
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    I went through my friends list and deleted people that I've had no interaction with. 2 of these people I know in real life. What is the point of being friends with someone if they NEVER comment on anything you post?! I need interactive friends.

I'm interactive, I swear! Just busy!

And apparently a bit worried Mo will delete you! :)

Of course! :'(

Never gonna happen, quik! I was even talking about you this weekend, referring to you as "my friend who lives in Iowa". I also mentioned @pofoster21, in regards to her taking us horseback riding and on a tour of NYC.

I am your friend in NJ and I am looking forward to it! We can go visit my Mom in East Hampton and go to Montauk and go riding on the beach!

Can I come too? I promise to take good care of the horses and to be totally excited about Broadway. :D

Of course! All are welcome!

Me me me too!

I love horses, love cats (and speak fluent cat) and I'd be over the moon to see NY and Broadway. (pick me, pick me!)

Hey you guys,just need,to show up. Just don't blow all my vacation time.... or show up all at once. :)
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    I tried to take daughter to the weight room and show her it is not a scary place.... (FAIL)

So it was more crowded than normal. Our gym is a club and is very family friendly and welcoming...except, it appears, the weight room. There were two other women in there and the rest guys of various ages.

I start lifting and daughter comes to hang out with me. Right next to us a loud conversation started:

Middle age man # 1 "How is your injury?"

Middle age man #2 "It is ok, they have me full of antibiotics. I was taking a (SH word for pooh) and sitting on the toilet and pulled a scab off and nearly passed out."

Me in my head (Really? You are established adults paying good money for this membership that stresses family values and a safe place and you loudly describe this when it is very clear there are four ladies within 10 feet of you?!?!?)

Needless to say daughter did not participate in lifting weights last night. I wish I could have a private conversation with those men about appropriate conversation in public areas. Daughter admitted that the conversation was part of why she didn't lift.

Men are so gross.
    Not all men. Mr Tubbs would ask them if they thought that was an appropriate conversation to have in front of ladies. He would also give them his Oprah look. He's braver than me. I'd think of something smart and withering to say 20 minutes later.
    logqlg7c8hml.gif

not to be contrary or anything, but i don't see the issue with their conversation. 2 adults were having a conversation, in the vicinity of other adults. I don't see how discussing toilet habits or scabs impacts family values? You overhear all sorts of conversations, in all sorts of places. Its up to you if you're going to be offended by it, but really, what does being offended achieve? (Check out Steve Hughes - offended on youtube).

And i really don't go for the idea that ladies are fragile wall flowers with delicate constitutions and ears.

and presumably, if you're hanging out in the weights room, the guys are giving you the kudos of being strong individuals, not likely to be offended by a few words, which were not addressed to you?
    Ah, I think I might have misunderstood the original post. I took it that the man's 'injury' was an STD and that he was talking about picking scabs off his wotsit. That struck me as a particularly unpleasant conversation to be having in mixed company.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    In honour of @LBuehrle8 arriving in blighty today I have made meatloaf with roast potatoes and veg and a cherry and almond crumbleand custard, all from scratch

Sound fabulous (of course I couldn't eat the meatloaf.. but the cherry and almond crumble and custards sounds FABULOUS!)
    Yes! I thought so when I read it, and forgot to mention it. I LOVE the cherry/almond combo. I have an Evans cherry tree (beautiful red, sour cherries) and I never know what to do with them all. I've already made cherry liqueur and there are still SO MANY cherries. I might make some jam/compote if I get a chance before they go bad, or before the birds get to them.

Make cheesecake and put the cherry + cherry liqueur on it. Then invite me over for some!

And me. And put ground almonds in the biscuit base,

Also, bottle some cherries with vodka. Cherry vodka and lemonade is awesome.

In waitrose, they sell a bakewell vodka. I may have a bottle in my fridge.

Oooh and also, cherry ice cream. I have a recipe for that too. (alright, its Ben and Jerry's recipe. Its still awesome.)
    Whaaat? That sounds awesome! Do want!

Ben and Jerry's Cherry Garcia

Ingredients:
    ¼ cup shaved plain chocolate
    ¼ cup fresh bing cherries, halved and pitted (I used glace cherries, just as good)
    2 large eggs
    ¾ cup sugar
    2 cups of heavy or whipping cream
    1 cup milk

Instructions:
    Places shaved chocolate flakes and cherries in separate bowls. Cover and refrigerate.
    Whisk the eggs in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy (1-2 mins)
    Whisk in the sugar, a little at a time, then continue whisking until completely blended.
    Pour in cream and milk and whisk
    Transfer mixture to ice cream maker and freeze following manufacturer’s instructions

After the ice cream stiffens (about 2 mins before its done) add the chocolate and cherries and continue freezing.
    Oh wow....