Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Ok, so everyone can ignore my earlier whiny post and be proud of me for taking off the cranky pants!

Despite being lazy and feeling bloated, I did my run- 9 miles and went for our 4ish mile walk. Now, I will go and horrify everyone at the restaurant when they see just how much pizza I can eat at their buffet! Weeeee!!!!

Um...lol that's 13 miles! Go on and eat your pizza!

Exactly!!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    stacynoell wrote: »
    I undereat all the time. I almost get "high" off cardio and burn 500-600 calories per cardio session. But I don't increase my calories, so my weight loss is stalling...I have to retrain my brain to go ahead and eat. Most of the time I am not hungry...I used to weigh 262, but now I weigh 180, but I still see the fat girl in my head, so I stick to about 1500 calories even if I work out and burn 1000... :'(

Been there done that, 20% of bulimics purge by exercise. No one would have thought I had a problem because even though my BF% was 7.5, I weighed 138 pounds at 5'7". Please do get help with starting to eat. It's desperately important. I wish you luck. I know where you are and how hard this is.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Ok, so everyone can ignore my earlier whiny post and be proud of me for taking off the cranky pants!

Despite being lazy and feeling bloated, I did my run- 9 miles and went for our 4ish mile walk. Now, I will go and horrify everyone at the restaurant when they see just how much pizza I can eat at their buffet! Weeeee!!!!

lol! I'm glad you're feeling better. :) I hope you have an awesome time at the pizza buffet!
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    stacynoell wrote: »
    I undereat all the time. I almost get "high" off cardio and burn 500-600 calories per cardio session. But I don't increase my calories, so my weight loss is stalling...I have to retrain my brain to go ahead and eat. Most of the time I am not hungry...I used to weigh 262, but now I weigh 180, but I still see the fat girl in my head, so I stick to about 1500 calories even if I work out and burn 1000... :'(

@stacynoell awesome job on losing 82 pounds! Not judging but trying to help so don't take this the wrong way.

Are you accurately measuring your burns by either using a heart rate monitor or a fitness tracking device like Fitbit, Jawbone, Garmin, etc.? Could you be overestimating your calorie burns?

Do you weigh your food on a digital food scale that measures in grams, ounces, & pounds? If not then you could be overestimating how much you burn & underestimating how much you're actually eating. Sometimes eyeballing & using measuring cups can be off by a great percentage. Usually when there's a stall it's from eating more than we think.

Sometimes the exercise machines that measure calorie burns are great overestimated as are the MFP exercise estimations.

This is very true. :) Usually halving the MyFitnessPal exercise calorie burn is roughly correct. Also, be kind to yourself! <3 Starving your body of the nutrition it needs will give you a lot of unpleasantness down the road. :)
  • riderfangal
    Options
    My confession of today is that I have gone NINE days without alcohol. And I find myself craving it, which is scaring me a little bit. I know a couple of you are recovering alcoholics. I figure if I can do nine days, I can go without completely. It was becoming a bit too much of a crutch. Plus, it was tons of empty calories, right?

I'm really trying to talk myself into continuing this streak, rather than diving into a margarita or three.

You really can do it. Just believe in yourself!!!!
  • riderfangal
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    I tried to take daughter to the weight room and show her it is not a scary place.... (FAIL)

So it was more crowded than normal. Our gym is a club and is very family friendly and welcoming...except, it appears, the weight room. There were two other women in there and the rest guys of various ages.

I start lifting and daughter comes to hang out with me. Right next to us a loud conversation started:

Middle age man # 1 "How is your injury?"

Middle age man #2 "It is ok, they have me full of antibiotics. I was taking a (SH word for pooh) and sitting on the toilet and pulled a scab off and nearly passed out."

Me in my head (Really? You are established adults paying good money for this membership that stresses family values and a safe place and you loudly describe this when it is very clear there are four ladies within 10 feet of you?!?!?)

Needless to say daughter did not participate in lifting weights last night. I wish I could have a private conversation with those men about appropriate conversation in public areas. Daughter admitted that the conversation was part of why she didn't lift.

That is actually pretty disturbing! Your poor daughter!
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Not to make everyone sad, but I read this secret ages ago on Postsecret, and it really stayed with me. Although it would be hard to stay with a pet until the end, after reading this, I could never leave. :'(
    h69laalbfct1.jpg

:cry:

My brother's girlfriend told me she has never and will never stay with a pet when it is euthanized and... I confess... I lost a lot of respect for her. How you can have a pet for years, say you love it, then walk away right at the end is beyond me. Yes it's hard to stay, but I think if they could pick, they'd prefer to have their favorite person/people there with them.

Yea this and also when people get rid of pets when the animals are sick or old. :( That makes me so sad.

The ferret place I sponsor recently had someone bring in a couple of ferrets that had been listed on craigslist for free because the owner didn't want them anymore. One has adrenal gland disease so they just need some meds (their hair falls out). The people who take care of the ferrets hate that animals are treated like old merchandise and given away when the person no longer wants them. I agree.

I HATE when people get rid of their animals just for being old!!!! It seriously makes me so unbelievably angry!!! It's even worse when they replace the dog/cat with a new puppy/kitten! GRRRRRR!!!!!!! :angry:

Yup, it's horrible and I really don't understand why or how they could do such a thing. It reminds me of the older men who leave their wives for a "younger model" because their current wife isn't as young and pretty as she used to be. (Not that women don't do this too.) If you really love someone, you love them regardless of aging!
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    Not to make everyone sad, but I read this secret ages ago on Postsecret, and it really stayed with me. Although it would be hard to stay with a pet until the end, after reading this, I could never leave. :'(
    h69laalbfct1.jpg

I've always stayed. I'm Mama, and I am with them to the end, cuddling them until the vet officially pronounces them "gone".

I also have this weird notion that I have to pretend to be upbeat and cheerful because the dogs have always picked up on my emotions and I don't want them to feel my sadness. Although I guess I've never fooled them.

Will anyone have any sympathy for me if I say that for the first time in my life I'm having trouble keeping weight on?

Since I've bumped up my exercise with the stairs etc and weights, I've been losing weight again, (slowly but still), although I feel like I'm eating so much more. I'm tracking and even going over what should be maintenance but it's still continuing to drop bit by bit. Eating is a chore at this point, which I never thought in a million years would even be possible.

I'm worried that it's rendering the exercise pointless if I'm not building muscle. I don't want to be putting in all this working-out, stair-climbing and strength-training effort for nothing so I'm kind of frustrated. And quite frankly, I don't really want to be any thinner at this point. My clothes are getting too big, there's an inch of empty space in my bra cups, and my rings are super loose.

I have never in my life felt bad for people who claim they can't gain weight (because how hard is it to just eat some more?!) but it turns out that the answer seems to be that it's a lot harder than I thought.

Loads of sympathy here, I'm having much the same issues.

Whereas I liked the idea of losing some BF and getting definition, I didn't want to lose flesh off my chest and face, which is where the loss is the most noticeable.

Last summer I dropped 5 lbs (that I didn't need to lose) because of taking hardcore antibiotics... I digested nothing for two weeks. Right after that I was on vacation and my physical activity increased significantly, plus my eating got a bit erratic just because of weird scheduling, and I only managed to gain 2 lbs back. Dedicated myself to lifting and eating higher protein in January, but it has still taken me a year to return to my normal weight.

I was hoping that building muscle would ADD some weight, not just shrink my boobs.

DON'T SAY THAT!!! :o

LOL, that's about the only good thing about dropping my body fat so low. Losing them makes me positively gleeful, apart from all the extra cup space.

But you have them to lose, I, however, do not.

Nor do I. Just for the record.

I know, we've had this conversation before. I believe that's when I posted my booty pic. :blush:

I have reached a new snacking low: eating leftover Cool Whip out of the tub (why dirty a dish?) with sprinkles. Yep, I can't be bothered serving it into a dish to eat properly, but I will make the effort to garnish it with sprinkles.

I've done this...but mixed a bit of peanut butter in there too. Nom nom nom.

I've tried that Funfetti Cake dip with Cool Whip & it's pretty good.

I ate Coconut Pecan frosting on graham crackers last night and it was amazing. I might like the frosting more than cookie butter...and I didn't think that was possible.

Is this the frosting they use for German chocolate cake?! I never thought of putting it on graham crackers. I just eat it out of the can when I have it in the house. Which, I'm sad to say is pretty much never, because both Mr. Mo and Rachael HATE coconut, and Rachael doesn't like pecans. I can't believe I'm related to these people.

I hate both as well. I shudder when I see that frosting on the shelves... It sounds like bottled nastiness to me!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    I'm about to go to a tennis game with my boyfriend and his parents, and I'm having one of those days where I feel extremely ugly and am scared to reveal my face to the world. I've been breaking out lately (stress?) and just feel gross and fat and unsightly. Hoping for a quick and painless tennis game... it's my first one.

I read your later post the day went well... good! Stop letting your own head get in the way of your good time! And I really enjoy tennis. I did private duty nursing *kitten*'t care for a Canadian Tennis pro years ago and we would watch tennis. She taught me a lot about it and I really enjoy it. I like games that go fast: tennis, hockey, (somewhat basketball) but not the slow as molasses games like baseball and football.
    Hahhaaa, at the starred out word!!

I also enjoyed this.

• Susieq_1994
    Options
    So I have now tried all the Quest bars I wanted to try.

Cookie dough, chocolate peanut butter and cookies and creme are my faves. White chocolate raspberry was good too. Not a single one was gross and I never felt like I had to choke one down. This is a new staple for me.

Ha! Another convert! My mission to win over the world, one Quest bar at a time. Now if you would just LOVE the Lemon Cream Pie flavor, I would be one step closer... ;)

I'm so jealous that everyone but me get to eat Quest bars :'( Anyone want to buy me a box of them for my birthday? :D

You have just provided me with a reason not to try them. If Susie can't have them I won't have them either ;)

So kind of you to support poor, deprived me in my Questlessness! ;)
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

Cookie dough, chocolate peanut butter and cookies and creme are my faves. White chocolate raspberry was good too. Not a single one was gross and I never felt like I had to choke one down. This is a new staple for me.

Ha! Another convert! My mission to win over the world, one Quest bar at a time. Now if you would just LOVE the Lemon Cream Pie flavor, I would be one step closer... ;)

I skipped trying that flavor as there are very few things I can tolerate in a lemon flavor.......so a half win for you, lol.

Fair enough!
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    bkhamill wrote: »
    OK, I took a week off (taking care of my grandson who just got a baby sister!), I have scanned many, many pages to get caught up again, did not thoroughly read, but wanted to thank everyone (I think you probably all chimed in) for the congrats on the new baby, she is amazing! I had some quality time with my Noah too. He has become such a funny little man, and is oh so sweet.
    Funny story: He was flexing his muscles and showing me how strong he is, and asked me to do mine, and when I did, he said "Nana, you have bat wings!" and cracked up laughing... he is so silly. I am sure he heard me say that before about my loose skin on my arms.

Welcome back! I'm so glad you got some time to enjoy your grandson and his baby sister!! I hope the little one is settling in well and that her mama is getting at least SOME sleep. :smiley:

Plus 1

What they said.

Kids can say the funniest things. My niece since she was 5-6 has been fascinated by my arm & leg fat since losing weight. The one day she told me she liked it cause it was soft like a pillow.

Kids are funny sometimes.
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Okay....confessions
    I did NOT log Thursday at all for some reasons...
    1. I have NO idea how much beer/wine I drank.
    2. I went swimming but I have no idea for exactly how long or what my effort would be defined as
    3. I ate a TON of fried food.
    4. I gained 5 pounds and I want to cry about it because I was SO close to 179 and I did this to myself... :bawling:
    5. I want to become a good runner but it's too surfing hot and humid in Austin, TX to even really try.
    6. For the first time in, well, ever, I can not WAIT for it to get cooler so I can run more with my dog Tessa.

Yes, so you can go out early in the morning (before sunrise) and it is somewhat hot but ridiculously humid or you can wait til later and go out and it will be ridiculously hot but not as humid. Both suck! (I live in Round Rock, so I feel your pain.)
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options

I'm so jealous that everyone but me get to eat Quest bars :'( Anyone want to buy me a box of them for my birthday? :D

You have just provided me with a reason not to try them. If Susie can't have them I won't have them ether ;)

Me neither. We'll all suffer together.
  • jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    @orangesmartie hope you enjoyed your day of (well-earned) rest!

I absolutely did! I feel quite rested and refreshed today (despite having a fight with the tax office first thing).

I know my body is run down as I am having several outbreaks, but I am so looking forward to going on holiday its unbelievable.

In other news, its fairly certain that I will be having a baby at the end of September. Much as I hate my sister for forcing it on me, I am a little bit (a lot) excited. And not just because it means i have to sell my flat and buy a bigger house ;)

OMG! This is WONDERFUL! How extremely exciting! I hope the process goes smoothly and well. That will be right after you return from holiday, right? I'm excited for you! Of course, we will expect many, many pictures in the batcave!
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    I'm about to go to a tennis game with my boyfriend and his parents, and I'm having one of those days where I feel extremely ugly and am scared to reveal my face to the world. I've been breaking out lately (stress?) and just feel gross and fat and unsightly. Hoping for a quick and painless tennis game... it's my first one.

I know it's hard to see in yourself but just remember that we all said you were beautiful before so we can see it even if you can't. 1. Don't be afraid to show your face because you are very pretty and 2. Try not to think/care about what anyone else thinks of you.

I know it is easier said than done (I'm giving you advice when I always feel like you do myself haha) but I hope knowing that we all think you are great helps.

Hope you had fun at the game.
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    In honour of @LBuehrle8 arriving in blighty today I have made meatloaf with roast potatoes and veg and a cherry and almond crumbleand custard, all from scratch

OMG YUMMY
  • FroggyBug
    Options

I'm so happy you liked all of them. :) I love the cookie ones too.
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    You can all ignore this if you like, I just need to complain somewhere.

Getting ready to run stairs yesterday morning I looked at my stomach and thought "eeee! At least this unintentional weight loss means I can see ABS!"

Looked closer...it was just ribs. I am really not happy with my body right now. My arms are hanging onto more fat than anywhere else and practically as wide as my waist, my ribs are showing in weird places, my bras are gapping, and a months' worth of stair running hasn't done anything at all for my flat butt yet. I know it hasn't really been long but I'm just so annoyed that I'm working out like crazy and my body looks WORSE. I've always been pretty hourglass and I'm getting completely rectangular. Not cute.

I better be getting stronger at least because otherwise I'm spending a month on the couch after we get back from trekking.

Huge hugs. That sounds too frustrating. :(
  • FroggyBug
    Options

I read your later post the day went well... good! Stop letting your own head get in the way of your good time! And I really enjoy tennis. I did private duty nursing *kitten*'t care for a Canadian Tennis pro years ago and we would watch tennis. She taught me a lot about it and I really enjoy it. I like games that go fast: tennis, hockey, (somewhat basketball) but not the slow as molasses games like baseball and football.
    Hahhaaa, at the starred out word!!

seriously? they edited the abbreviated form of assistant???

Hilarious! I was trying to figure out what word was missing. :)