Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    i missed the delete window...did the "this is my post and i want to delete it"
    i do understand how dumb i am :(

You're NOT dumb! I'm reasonably certain there are a lot of women here who can relate to having unwanted sex for less-than-optimum reasons.

In my own history I can say I've had sex on various occasions because I didn't want to hurt the guy's feelings by rejecting him, because I was too mentally exhausted to continue arguing about why we weren't going to have sex, because I just felt like having a brief period of physical closeness with another human being and my favourite lousy reason for sex: because I wanted to erase the last guy I'd had sex with. :|

Granted, I may have a more casual attitude about the whole sex thing than others who were raised in more conservative or religious environments.

I think you may have put yourself in a position of vulnerability by drinking in the company of someone you didn't know well... and that would be my only caution.
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    Concord Grapes (Blue grapes) are officially in season! I am excited and scared about it because I love them and binge eat them when they are in season lol

They have seeds :(

They do?! I must be eating them whole then xD
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I gotta get in on page 1500!!! I can't believe we've kept this going for 1500 pages, yous guys!

I love you all, good day!

I keep meaning to ask have you seen the step daughter lately? How are things on that end?

She came over (for the first time in 3 weeks) last Thursday with her new boyfriend. I had NO idea she was coming because she didn't bother telling anyone beforehand. I was not up for having a house full of people after coming home from a major workout, so I separated myself from everyone as long as I could by taking a shower. My mother was also at my house when I got home. When I got out, my mom was gone, but SD and BF were still there, and stayed for a long time of which she never introduced me. I didn't really care I was just hungry and wanted them to leave so we could eat dinner and run our already scheduled errands.

I try not to talk about that relationship because it isn't much of one and I just get upset when I think about it too much. I do appreciate you asking though.

I realized the above statement made me sound like a total jerk, but she never lets us know she's coming so we can properly plan something, she just shows up with a tagalong.

I hate, hate, hate unexpected company especially when I am hungry or have things planned to do. She sounds like she hasn't changed any.

Sorry if I upset you with my asking. Just tell me to butt out lol

I hate unexpected company any time, even if I am just sitting around! If someone knocks on my door and I am not expecting anyone, I do not answer. In this day and age, if you cannot text or phone me to let me know you are coming, chances are I do not want to see you. I literally will let someone knock for half an hour and won't answer it.

I hide from the door as well. If you are family/friend you would've texted me first. If you're selling something I REALLY don't want to talk to you.

We have a "No Solicitors or Peddlers" sign next to our door, per our township ordinance. That has eliminated nearly everyone. If they're still silly enough to knock, I just ask to see their permit. Then they run away!
  • CountessKitteh
    Options
    SL 5x5 update. We did day 5 yesterday. I squatted 70 lbs., benched 55 lbs. (pretty easily), and rowed 55 lbs.
    Mr. Mo failed on his fifth rep of his 5th set of bench. He was pretty down about it, but I told him not to worry and just try again next time. Truth be told, he pushed himself too far too fast instead of following the program. I think he's getting pretty serious about us getting a power rack (or something) for the basement. He spent a considerably amount of time checking them out online last night.

I ate steak twice yesterday, and STILL didn't hit my protein goal. Not sure what was up with that, but the rest of my numbers looked AWESOME!!!

I am going to be really busy the rest of the day, so won't have much time to chat, but I hope you all have a wonderful Friday Eve!

Great progress on Stronglifts! Tell your husband he's still kicking butt since he did well on the rest of the sets. What is your protein goal set at?

Yah, I'm curious about this too. I'm currently eating 170g plus of Protein, so I may be able to give some tips on this one.

In the world do you eat this much a day?! What am I doing wrong that I struggle, and I mean STRUGGLE getting a little over 100 grams a day!

I'm super creative! Egg whites, greek yogurt, chicken breast, tuna and turkey pepperoni are staples currently. I also try to hit the high protein/high fiber veggies as well. Feel free to take a peek at my diary (I think it's open...)

I'm progressing towards this. My goal is something stupid like, 104 (I think it's 40%?), but I shoot for 100 minimum and am starting to slowly build it up to the 125-150 range. My tiny self limits my calories (especially in a deficit) so it's hard to dedicate so much to protein and not feel cheated out of cookies. :p
  • CountessKitteh
    Options
    Concord Grapes (Blue grapes) are officially in season! I am excited and scared about it because I love them and binge eat them when they are in season lol

... I never even knew blue grapes existed. Are they REALLY blue?!

Someone in the New Foods thread in the Food forum said they had seen Cotton Candy Grapes. Anyone try those?

They SMELL amazing, but I refuse to buy them. Ha.
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Oh, well, I'm 47 which probably sounds ancient to you young'uns. I promise it comes around surprisingly quickly. I certainly don't feel old, but I guess the driver's licence says otherwise.

Careful now, you are only two years ahead of me!!! We are by no means ancient, well aged maybe, but not ancient.

Here here lol
  • CountessKitteh
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    In Africa, I once left a bag of chips in the kitchen open and unsealed, then my ex stuck his hand in the next day and ate a chip without looking...they were COVERED with ants.

I don't eat chips out the bag anymore for any reason. Scarred.

That's one way to reach your protein goal.

Is there an entry for African ant covered chips, or do you log them each separately? :D
    You have to weigh them separately, which is why ants are one of the few negative value foods. The energy required to wrangle the ants on the scale is more than the ants provide, nutritionally. ;)

:D AHAHAHAHAHA!!! I think you may really be my birth mom with your quick wittedness, @tubbs216.
    Am I that old?! Can't I be your cool older sister who moved out when you were 7 and comes home to take you out for amazing outings and then disappears back to her glamourous grown-up life?

I always wanted one of those!

I didn't know I wanted one until I read that description. I want one!!!!

I always wanted a cool, fun, popular older brother and a younger sister.

I recieved a geeky younger brother.

I'm an only child, but my mom runs a dayhome and has since I was three, so I had plenty of younger-sibling stand-ins. I would have liked a big brother or sister...until I really thought about it, anyway. I don't think I've ever had serious regrets about being the only one, but it is fun to think about!

I'm 31 years old and I STILL want an older brother. I did have two (female) cousins very close to my age though, so while I was an only, it hardly felt like it.
  • CountessKitteh
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Oh, well, I'm 47 which probably sounds ancient to you young'uns. I promise it comes around surprisingly quickly. I certainly don't feel old, but I guess the driver's licence says otherwise.

I admit you're technically old enough to be my (teen) mom, but my actual mom is in her 60s and most of my friends are in their later 30s, so you definitely would fall more into "older-sister" than "mom" category :smiley:
    Yay! My own mum was a young mum. She was married at 17, had my sister at 19 and me at 23. I liked having young parents.

Another with younger parents- my dad is 55 and mom is 54, they're still young to me! <3

My parents are both 50. My mom had barely turned 19 when she had me. My dad is a few months older, so he'll be 51 by the end of this year. Ha!
  • CountessKitteh
    Options
    I got carried away today. Only working a half day, which means I really only worked for like, an hour. Ha!

Going to an Italian place for dinner tonight. Should have about 800 calories left after lunch, and I intend to hit the gym to try and pad that with another (legitimate) 200.
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    SL 5x5 update. We did day 5 yesterday. I squatted 70 lbs., benched 55 lbs. (pretty easily), and rowed 55 lbs.
    Mr. Mo failed on his fifth rep of his 5th set of bench. He was pretty down about it, but I told him not to worry and just try again next time. Truth be told, he pushed himself too far too fast instead of following the program. I think he's getting pretty serious about us getting a power rack (or something) for the basement. He spent a considerably amount of time checking them out online last night.

I ate steak twice yesterday, and STILL didn't hit my protein goal. Not sure what was up with that, but the rest of my numbers looked AWESOME!!!

I am going to be really busy the rest of the day, so won't have much time to chat, but I hope you all have a wonderful Friday Eve!

Great progress on Stronglifts! Tell your husband he's still kicking butt since he did well on the rest of the sets. What is your protein goal set at?

Yah, I'm curious about this too. I'm currently eating 170g plus of Protein, so I may be able to give some tips on this one.

In the world do you eat this much a day?! What am I doing wrong that I struggle, and I mean STRUGGLE getting a little over 100 grams a day!

I'm super creative! Egg whites, greek yogurt, chicken breast, tuna and turkey pepperoni are staples currently. I also try to hit the high protein/high fiber veggies as well. Feel free to take a peek at my diary (I think it's open...)

I'm progressing towards this. My goal is something stupid like, 104 (I think it's 40%?), but I shoot for 100 minimum and am starting to slowly build it up to the 125-150 range. My tiny self limits my calories (especially in a deficit) so it's hard to dedicate so much to protein and not feel cheated out of cookies. :p

It took me a long time to figure it out, roughly 2-3 years. I can still manage to get a serving of ice cream every other day, so I can't complain too much. :)
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Someone brought in donuts this morning and I'm totally having a chocolate cake one with zero guilt.
    Mmmm, donuts.
  • jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Someone brought in donuts this morning and I'm totally having a chocolate cake one with zero guilt.
    Mmmm, donuts.

I love chocolate cake donuts... they are my favorite! There's a local donut shop that makes the best ones... chocolate cake donut with chocolate frosting with chopped peanuts on top. OMG. Delicious!
  • jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options

So, you can legitimately be my big sister, since I'm 40.

Mine too, since I'm just about 39. :)
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    Mmmm, donuts.

I love chocolate cake donuts... they are my favorite! There's a local donut shop that makes the best ones... chocolate cake donut with chocolate frosting with chopped peanuts on top. OMG. Delicious!

My mouth just filled with saliva!

I will be walking at lunch so I can pad my day a little bit, but I'm thinking it will totally be worth it.

• Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    I have an older brother - they're not that great. ;)

I have pretty old parents my dad is 73 and my mom is 72.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    I am the youngest of seven. Family life not that great right now. Most of us are barely speaking. Very glad my parents are no longer here to see this.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    i missed the delete window...did the "this is my post and i want to delete it"
    i do understand how dumb i am :(

You're NOT dumb! I'm reasonably certain there are a lot of women here who can relate to having unwanted sex for less-than-optimum reasons.

In my own history I can say I've had sex on various occasions because I didn't want to hurt the guy's feelings by rejecting him, because I was too mentally exhausted to continue arguing about why we weren't going to have sex, because I just felt like having a brief period of physical closeness with another human being and my favourite lousy reason for sex: because I wanted to erase the last guy I'd had sex with. :|

Granted, I may have a more casual attitude about the whole sex thing than others who were raised in more conservative or religious environments.

I think you may have put yourself in a position of vulnerability by drinking in the company of someone you didn't know well... and that would be my only caution.

I guess I missed something cuz I am totally confused by this post.....but even not totally knowing what is being discussed exactly, I would say to @KylerJaye (why isn't the tag working), do not call yourself dumb. Crap happens, and all you can do is brush yourself off and move on, lesson learned......

ETA: ok so the tag does work, it just does not show me it does before I post?
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    I agree with @ythannah and @italian_buju <3@kylerjaye you don't have to explain yourself to anyone! We've all been there (((HUGS)))
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Hey friends... stopping in to say hello and thanks for the condolences and PM's I received. My grandmother did pass. She was 89, almost 90 and lived a great life and was at peace with herself and a servant of the Lord so we celebrated her life as she would have us do.
    I hope everyone is doing well and that Kelly is getting her walks in, Mo is getting her 5x5 in, Buehrle had a great time across the pond and Pofoster is getting her cute shoe photos in! :wink: And everyone else of course. I hope to be all caught up tomorrow so I can be a little more active here.

Glad to have you back..and again, so sorry about your grandmother.
    And how sweet are you hoping that we are all getting our stuff done.. :)
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    I agree with @ythannah and @italian_buju <3@kylerjaye you don't have to explain yourself to anyone! We've all been there (((HUGS)))

Yes we have!!!! <3