Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I am in an unusually good mood today. Even for a Friday. Maybe it was the donut, or the smoked pork (sorry pof) I had a little bit ago, but regardless, I'm feeling really good today, and I hope someone doesn't piss me off and ruin it.
    Great! Enjoy it. I've just eaten two warm scones with my homemade clotted cream (recipe in Batcave - too good to not share!) and strawberry jam, and that's also given me a rather nice sense of well-being. Have a great weekend!

I want a scone!!
    If I throw it hard enough, will it get to you?

Can you throw hard enough to make it to Kansas?! I love scones and strawberry jam. I have no idea what clotted cream is, but I'm sure I'd love it too.

Also, thanks, you have a great weekend too!

Do you think they would arrive more easily if she clicked two scones together three times while saying, "There's no place like home!"?
    I tried it. Did it work?
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    1crvygrl wrote: »
    It looks like I could be everyone's older sister. I'm 52, my husband's 54. We have children in the 31-35 range and lots of grandchildren. ( I'm a regular reader of this thread, rare poster.)
    Welcome! Join in more often!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    It looks like I could be everyone's older sister. I'm 52, my husband's 54. We have children in the 31-35 range and lots of grandchildren. ( I'm a regular reader of this thread, rare poster.)
    Welcome! Join in more often!

+1!! :)
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    I am in an unusually good mood today. Even for a Friday. Maybe it was the donut, or the smoked pork (sorry pof) I had a little bit ago, but regardless, I'm feeling really good today, and I hope someone doesn't piss me off and ruin it.
    Great! Enjoy it. I've just eaten two warm scones with my homemade clotted cream (recipe in Batcave - too good to not share!) and strawberry jam, and that's also given me a rather nice sense of well-being. Have a great weekend!

I want a scone!!

Can you throw hard enough to make it to Kansas?! I love scones and strawberry jam. I have no idea what clotted cream is, but I'm sure I'd love it too.

Do you think they would arrive more easily if she clicked two scones together three times while saying, "There's no place like home!"?

Bahahaha yesss awesome idea Susie!
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! We love meeting our lurkers. ;)

I want a scone!!

I tried it. Did it work?

Ask @MoHousdon. It should be in Kansas now. :D
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options

I want a scone!!

Did we not have a conversation about that a few hundred pages back? Maybe when you were on vacation.
    It's sent from the heavens and looks like this:
    s5a9gkx8ntnw.jpg

It looks a bit like butter, is it like butter? It sort of looks like frosting too maybe. It's hard to tell from the picture. I think I'm going to have to taste it to REALLY find out. Ya, know, just to be sure.

Custard is the American word, Mo.

• jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    @MoHousdon Yay for a good mood! I bet it was the donut AND the walk...both are fabulous.

I'm in a pretty great mood, too, as I am on vacation all next week! AND I'm eating the most delicious salad for lunch right now. It's all good over here, too!
    Ooh, nice. What are you going to do?

Visting some family in Idaho (shout out to @quiksylver296 ) for much of the week. They have a lovely place near a river in the Coeur d'Alene area, so we will be fishing, hiking, and playing with our niece and nephews. Very much looking forward to it! Also visiting my sister and her twin babies on our way back home. SUPER excited for that! I adore my sister and those nieces of mine. They are about 1 1/2 years old and into EVERYTHING...they make me laugh and smile and wonder at the ability of every parent to keep going when utterly exhausted.

Hoping to get some zombie runs in, too, maybe on a trail instead of a sidewalk!
  • Tubbs216
    edited August 2015
    Options

I want a scone!!

Did we not have a conversation about that a few hundred pages back? Maybe when you were on vacation.
    s5a9gkx8ntnw.jpg

It looks a bit like butter, is it like butter? It sort of looks like frosting too maybe. It's hard to tell from the picture. I think I'm going to have to taste it to REALLY find out. Ya, know, just to be sure.

It most definitely is not. :)
    ETA: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clotted_cream
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    Welcome!! We love meeting our lurkers. ;)

I want a scone!!

I tried it. Did it work?

Ask @MoHousdon. It should be in Kansas now. :D
    Nope, should have been with you first, allowing for the time difference.
  • jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Oh gosh - forgot to say @Tubbs216 - You must be so proud of your oldest for going through with such a grown up interview! I hope he gets the job.

Great news that your daughter's tests came back normal! Excellent!

I must admit that the name "clotted cream" makes me gag. I have this horrible aversion to milk specifically because it gets all clumpy and sooooo groooosssss when it starts to spoil. So "clotted cream" translates into "rotten nasty milk" for me.

The worst part is that I've never actually tried clotted cream, as it's not a thing here in the US. I bet I'd LOVE it if I tried it elsewhere AND if they didn't tell me that's what I was eating. Just call it... ummm... buttery pudding... or sweetened cream.... or... well, anything but "clotted". Hee hee
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    @MoHousdon Yay for a good mood! I bet it was the donut AND the walk...both are fabulous.

I'm in a pretty great mood, too, as I am on vacation all next week! AND I'm eating the most delicious salad for lunch right now. It's all good over here, too!
    Ooh, nice. What are you going to do?

Visting some family in Idaho (shout out to @quiksylver296 ) for much of the week. They have a lovely place near a river in the Coeur d'Alene area, so we will be fishing, hiking, and playing with our niece and nephews. Very much looking forward to it! Also visiting my sister and her twin babies on our way back home. SUPER excited for that! I adore my sister and those nieces of mine. They are about 1 1/2 years old and into EVERYTHING...they make me laugh and smile and wonder at the ability of every parent to keep going when utterly exhausted.

Hoping to get some zombie runs in, too, maybe on a trail instead of a sidewalk!
    That sounds lovely! Toddlers are such fun, especially when you can give them back at the end of the day. Hope you have a great time!
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    Oh gosh - forgot to say @Tubbs216 - You must be so proud of your oldest for going through with such a grown up interview! I hope he gets the job.

I must admit that the name "clotted cream" makes me gag. I have this horrible aversion to milk specifically because it gets all clumpy and sooooo groooosssss when it starts to spoil. So "clotted cream" translates into "rotten nasty milk" for me.

The worst part is that I've never actually tried clotted cream, as it's not a thing here in the US. I bet I'd LOVE it if I tried it elsewhere AND if they didn't tell me that's what I was eating. Just call it... ummm... buttery pudding... or sweetened cream.... or... well, anything but "clotted". Hee hee
    Yes, I think that reaction is quite common! Regarding availability in N America, I read around a lot when I was looking for a recipe to try, and there were SO MANY Americans looking for some way to replicate the fabulous cream they'd had when visiting the UK. It surprises me that nobody has started marketing it over here - apart from the nasty bottled stuff, which doesn't compare to fresh.

Thanks for your thoughts about my kids. You're very sweet. :)
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options

Ditto to all of this.
    I already mentioned it when the subject of clotted cream came up last time...but omg, it's a horrible name..looks delicious but that name, not so much!

Enjoy your vacation!!!
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »

Ditto to all of this.
    I already mentioned it when the subject of clotted cream came up last time...but omg, it's a horrible name..looks delicious but that name, not so much!

Enjoy your vacation!!!

Plus 1. Enjoy your vacation @jthurman3 . Take some pics of those toddlers!!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options

I want a scone!!

s5a9gkx8ntnw.jpg

I have always called it custard: However, I will take your word for it. I can't eat egg yolks so custard with eggs is out for me, which is called egg custard by my family, but I can eat this and I will continue to call it custard because it sounds yummier than clotted cream. It's probably actually closer to cream cheese, now that I think of it, but it doesn't quite taste the same. Perhaps my grandmother snuck some salt in the cream cheese to preserve it better?
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    Have fun on your vacation @jthurman3 !!! Give those kids big hugs for us, I bet they're adorable! <3
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options

Yes, I think that reaction is quite common! Regarding availability in N America, I read around a lot when I was looking for a recipe to try, and there were SO MANY Americans looking for some way to replicate the fabulous cream they'd had when visiting the UK. It surprises me that nobody has started marketing it over here - apart from the nasty bottled stuff, which doesn't compare to fresh.

I'm glad you said this, because I know of several stores that sell it in jars and that's how I was going to buy it, but now, I won't bother. I wonder if I could get Mr. Mo to make some. Is it difficult. Eh, if he's making it, I don't care how difficult it is. :wink:

Oh, and I haven't received my scone yet. I will watching the heavens for it this evening. :smiley:

• Tubbs216
    Options

I'm glad you said this, because I know of several stores that sell it in jars and that's how I was going to buy it, but now, I won't bother. I wonder if I could get Mr. Mo to make some. Is it difficult. Eh, if he's making it, I don't care how difficult it is. :wink:

Oh, and I haven't received my scone yet. I will watching the heavens for it this evening. :smiley:
    Super easy, if you have a slow cooker. See recipe in Batcave.
    It's raining here - that might affect the scone delivery velocity.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options

I want a scone!!

You forgot the whipped cream on top!! I make great scones, if I do say so myself!
  • Tubbs216
    Options

I want a scone!!

s5a9gkx8ntnw.jpg

I have always called it custard: However, I will take your word for it. I can't eat egg yolks so custard with eggs is out for me, which is called egg custard by my family, but I can eat this and I will continue to call it custard because it sounds yummier than clotted cream. It's probably actually closer to cream cheese, now that I think of it, but it doesn't quite taste the same. Perhaps my grandmother snuck some salt in the cream cheese to preserve it better?
    Ah, gotcha. yes, I was thinking of egg custard (which I also love!)