Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kirstym1108
    kirstym1108 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    jillshadow wrote: »
    Before I started this whole thing some times I would put away a large pizza from papa johns or a whole digiorno pizza with wings. Also a case of 12 glazed dough nuts (not in the same night). Wow. That took a lot to admit.

Been there done that so many times which is why I need to lose 70lbs! Ordering in pizza, chinese or fish and chips allowed me to order enough food for 2 or even 3 people!

• jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Thanks for happy vacation wishes! I'm excited! I'll catch up when I get back on 8/31. In the meantime, hope everyone has a lovely week and that progress is made on whatever you happen to be working on. :)
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    1crvygrl wrote: »
    It looks like I could be everyone's older sister. I'm 52, my husband's 54. We have children in the 31-35 range and lots of grandchildren. ( I'm a regular reader of this thread, rare poster.)
    Welcome!! We love meeting our lurkers. ;)

MoHousdon wrote: »
    I am in an unusually good mood today. Even for a Friday. Maybe it was the donut, or the smoked pork (sorry pof) I had a little bit ago, but regardless, I'm feeling really good today, and I hope someone doesn't piss me off and ruin it.
    Great! Enjoy it. I've just eaten two warm scones with my homemade clotted cream (recipe in Batcave - too good to not share!) and strawberry jam, and that's also given me a rather nice sense of well-being. Have a great weekend!

I want a scone!!
    If I throw it hard enough, will it get to you?

Can you throw hard enough to make it to Kansas?! I love scones and strawberry jam. I have no idea what clotted cream is, but I'm sure I'd love it too.

Also, thanks, you have a great weekend too!

Do you think they would arrive more easily if she clicked two scones together three times while saying, "There's no place like home!"?
    I tried it. Did it work?

Ask @MoHousdon. It should be in Kansas now. :D
    Nope, should have been with you first, allowing for the time difference.

But the magic only works for Kansas! Haven't you watched The Wizard of Oz?! :o
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    Concord Grapes (Blue grapes) are officially in season! I am excited and scared about it because I love them and binge eat them when they are in season lol

... I never even knew blue grapes existed. Are they REALLY blue?!

Someone in the New Foods thread in the Food forum said they had seen Cotton Candy Grapes. Anyone try those?

OMG they taste EXACTLY like cotton candy!! I have only seen them once!

I've never seen them. I would definitely have to try them at least once.
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    Hello everyone. I haven't been very active recently, but I have been reading along. Am struggling a bit at the moment, for no particular reason. I really need to get back to exercising, but seem to have mislaid my motivation.

I totally understand... I've been doing ok so far, but next week is vacation. I think I may lose all sorts of mojo then, and I'm down to the last 15lbs I'd like to lose. Eep! Anything we can do to help, @Tubbs216 ?

Next week is my vacation too! I hope you have fun. Don't lose your mojo!

I'm actually going camping Monday-Wednesday next week so thankfully I'll be walking a lot. The rest of the days will be iffy. I'll probably be lazy. :)
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Where have @m1xm0d3 and @FluffySandwich been? They're both MIA...unless I've missed some posts??

@m1xm0d3 just posted on his wall that his grandmother had passed and that's why hes been MIA. In case any of you don't have him on your list.

Oh no. That is so sad. :( I hope he is doing okay.
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    Morning all. Had quite a down day yesterday, very negative. Realised I hadn't taken my medication for 5 days. Yes, naughty I know. I get so out of routine at home on weekends, and by the time the reminders go off on my phone, Charlie and I are already out for the day. I know its no excuse.

I am just generally fed up with looking in the mirror and seeing roll of fat stacked on top of roll of fat to make up my body (sorry @girldownsouth ). I know change doesn't happen over night, but this is week 5 damnit!

I did hit the gym yesterday, did 6k run, PT session (full body work out) and a spin class. That will hopefully mitigate some of the cake batter and biscuit dough.

I'm sorry some of you guys are struggling with motivation. Is there anything we can do to help? What motivates you? Challenges? Accountability? Work out buddy? Competition?

I think we all need some more positivity in here. Changes won't be instant so we need to find a bit more happiness in who we are right now. So I want everyone to share something that they like about themselves now, not something that could be good after losing some weight, or with a bit of toning, but something about you that is already great. Because other people don't look at you and only see the negative, especially if you are focusing on the positive yourself. And your much more likely to succeed in the long run if it's not all a means to an end.

So I want to hear all about your great long legs, pert bums (@MoHousdon, I'm looking at you), delicate wrists, emerging collarbones etc. Go and look in the mirror and find something that makes you smile, right now!

I'll go first and say that I like my waist. I appreciate that whatever size I have been I have distinct curves, and that makes me feel better about myself.

This is brilliant @girldownsouth ! You have made my morning.

I have the physique of an athlete. I feel confident in my ability to overcome physical challenges re: exercise or hiking or cycling. I know I'll never be 135lbs, but I don't want to be. I want to be muscular and fit and I see that emerging in myself.

Also, while some women might not like them, I love my smile lines. I am almost 39 years old and have done a lot of smiling and laughing in my life. My smile lines remind me of that and I appreciate that!

This was so cute. :) I love that you love your smile lines.
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I am going to do a bit of grumbling, so please feel free to skim on by.

My work is really ticking me off this week. A coworker is on holiday, and she is the only one who knows how to do her job. They refuse to ever train anyone, but then I'm expected to know how to do everything when she's away. I have people coming up to me constantly to ask where things are kept, if certain things are done, etc. and I want to yell at them I DON'T KNOW! There is one tiny task she showed me how to do, and I was shown the day before her holiday started. She knew she was going to be away, why couldn't she have started training me on it a week or two before? I kind of feel like its a job security thing for her, if no one else knows her job, she can't be replaced.

Okay, venting over.

I have a similar situation at my work. There is a person who does badging (ID badges) and takes care of those issues. I don't have access to the system at all but when she is out she puts my name on her out of office reply... Makes no sense.

Sorry you are going through that!
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    Dear everyone,

We're about to hit Page 1500.

What shall we do to celebrate?

ETA: Typing is hard.

Super sad that I missed it. But I was on page 1000 I believe so that is okay with me.

I have been so busy at work. We are opening a new office so I was working on getting everything ready (no computer access) which is why I've been away so much.

Sorry if I post a billion times. I'm just trying to catch up. I want to comment on more but I'm trying not to. :)
  • jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    Hello everyone. I haven't been very active recently, but I have been reading along. Am struggling a bit at the moment, for no particular reason. I really need to get back to exercising, but seem to have mislaid my motivation.

I totally understand... I've been doing ok so far, but next week is vacation. I think I may lose all sorts of mojo then, and I'm down to the last 15lbs I'd like to lose. Eep! Anything we can do to help, @Tubbs216 ?

Next week is my vacation too! I hope you have fun. Don't lose your mojo!

I'm actually going camping Monday-Wednesday next week so thankfully I'll be walking a lot. The rest of the days will be iffy. I'll probably be lazy. :)

Ohhh happy vacation to you, too!! Have fun camping!!
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    Happy vacations @jthurman3 and @FroggyBug !

Today is the last official day of mine. :'(
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    Morning all. Had quite a down day yesterday, very negative. Realised I hadn't taken my medication for 5 days. Yes, naughty I know. I get so out of routine at home on weekends, and by the time the reminders go off on my phone, Charlie and I are already out for the day. I know its no excuse.

I am just generally fed up with looking in the mirror and seeing roll of fat stacked on top of roll of fat to make up my body (sorry @girldownsouth ). I know change doesn't happen over night, but this is week 5 damnit!

I did hit the gym yesterday, did 6k run, PT session (full body work out) and a spin class. That will hopefully mitigate some of the cake batter and biscuit dough.

I'm sorry some of you guys are struggling with motivation. Is there anything we can do to help? What motivates you? Challenges? Accountability? Work out buddy? Competition?

I think we all need some more positivity in here. Changes won't be instant so we need to find a bit more happiness in who we are right now. So I want everyone to share something that they like about themselves now, not something that could be good after losing some weight, or with a bit of toning, but something about you that is already great. Because other people don't look at you and only see the negative, especially if you are focusing on the positive yourself. And your much more likely to succeed in the long run if it's not all a means to an end.

So I want to hear all about your great long legs, pert bums (@MoHousdon, I'm looking at you), delicate wrists, emerging collarbones etc. Go and look in the mirror and find something that makes you smile, right now!

I'll go first and say that I like my waist. I appreciate that whatever size I have been I have distinct curves, and that makes me feel better about myself.

I've been told that I have a nice smile... And I've always been blessed in the eyebrow department. Nicely curved, no monobrow--I think they're super great. ;)

Yay for eyebrows. I have thick eyebrows but that is actually another thing I love about me. They make my expressions unique. :)

I also have thicker eyebrows which I used to hate, but have to come to like them. On the Celebrity Look Alike thread I usually got Lily Collins since she also has thicker eyebrows. When I was younger I sometimes would get comparisons to Brooke Shields.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    ejb06070 wrote: »
    Today I was pumping gas and some guy was awkwardly staring at me. I felt totally uncomfortable, but happy at the same time that I wasn't being stared at because my stomach was hanging out of my shirt or my plate of food was making those around me worry if a heart attack could ever be contagious =/ I knew he was staring because he found me attractive, which was nice, but still creepy.
    I completely understand. There are a too many stories of people being attacked for me to feel comfortable with creeps. The worst thing was when I started losing weight but still had an "ample" butt. Creepy older men at the dollar store would start trying to talk to me. :s
    My sister was always very pear-shaped. One day an older man stopped her on the street and said "Madam, you have glorious buttocks!" and went on his way (imagine in posh English accent). She couldn't decide whether to be offended or flattered.

LOL hilarious!!

Hahaha I agree. Did anyone else read the sentence in a posh British accent? :D
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    Happy vacations @jthurman3 and @FroggyBug !

Today is the last official day of mine. :'(

Agreed enjoy your vacations & make sure you guys take lots of pics!
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Hi everyone!! There has been 1,788 posts since I left I love you all and I'll try my best to catch up but no promises! I've missed this thread and the batcave and all of you tons! I had the BEST trip of my life!! Took tons of pictures I'll post a few in the batcave, so happy to be back and hope things are going well for everyone <3

Yay, you are back. Glad to see you. I'm so happy you had fun!
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    Thanks for happy vacation wishes! I'm excited! I'll catch up when I get back on 8/31. In the meantime, hope everyone has a lovely week and that progress is made on whatever you happen to be working on. :)

Have a great time!
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    For some reason I have been in the Batcave and thought it was this thread :confounded: Not really sure how that happened... especially since the Batcave only has about 60 pages and this one's over 1500.

I bought some skin cleansing Aztec clay and just used it for the first time. My skin feels extremely soft right now and most of the reviews claim that it works amazingly well. I'm hoping it holds up for me. I feel very self conscious about my skin and want smaller pores and a more even skin tone.

Oh and @LBuehrle8 I'm glad you had so much fun on your trip!! @FroggyBug and @jthurman3, have fun on your vacations!
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »

I have really cool coloured eyes - they are undefineable. They are greeny, browny, hazelly, with flecks of yellow and blue. I never know what colour to write on forms so I just say hazel as I'm not sure what that's supposed to look like. Always liked my weird eye colour, it is a good reflection of me.

Also, for the first time in my life, my fingernails are growing uniformly and are strong. I think they look great! I'm enjoying it now since I think it's only temporary.

I like my eyes also. They change colors depending on what I wear and sunlight- sometimes they're yellow-gold, other times hazel and the green comes out more. I have them on my license as hazel, too, because gold-yellow-green with some ambery brown spots is too long to type lol :wink:

I have eyes like this. Sometimes they look blue, sometimes green. I have blue on my license and everywhere, but they are really blue with a lot of yellow. Hence they look green sometimes. People either love my eyes or think they are creepy (well I had a sister that said they were creepy so I have never forgotten that).

Yup, mine will change depending on what I'm wearing. They will match the shade of my shirts almost exactly...blue, green, or grey. I've had people think I was wearing colored contacts matched to my shirts...uhhh, no.

I tried color contacts once...I wanted fake green eyes to go with my fake red hair. Nope...way too fake looking! Never got them.

When I was young I had blue contacts. I kinda hated them because they looked really good and I would get tons of comments about how beautiful my eyes were. :( I rarely get comments on my real eye color which I think is still awesome.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Oh gosh - forgot to say @Tubbs216 - You must be so proud of your oldest for going through with such a grown up interview! I hope he gets the job.

Great news that your daughter's tests came back normal! Excellent!

I must admit that the name "clotted cream" makes me gag. I have this horrible aversion to milk specifically because it gets all clumpy and sooooo groooosssss when it starts to spoil. So "clotted cream" translates into "rotten nasty milk" for me.

The worst part is that I've never actually tried clotted cream, as it's not a thing here in the US. I bet I'd LOVE it if I tried it elsewhere AND if they didn't tell me that's what I was eating. Just call it... ummm... buttery pudding... or sweetened cream.... or... well, anything but "clotted". Hee hee
    Yes, I think that reaction is quite common! Regarding availability in N America, I read around a lot when I was looking for a recipe to try, and there were SO MANY Americans looking for some way to replicate the fabulous cream they'd had when visiting the UK. It surprises me that nobody has started marketing it over here - apart from the nasty bottled stuff, which doesn't compare to fresh.

Thanks for your thoughts about my kids. You're very sweet. :)

I'm glad you said this, because I know of several stores that sell it in jars and that's how I was going to buy it, but now, I won't bother. I wonder if I could get Mr. Mo to make some. Is it difficult. Eh, if he's making it, I don't care how difficult it is. :wink:

Oh, and I haven't received my scone yet. I will watching the heavens for it this evening. :smiley:

It's not difficult, especially not in a crock pot. My grandmother, whose mother emigrated from England, used to make it when I was a kid. (dairy farmers...lots of cream and heating it made it so that she could eat it. She was very allergic to liquid milk.) we used to double boil it while we were making butter.
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    So... I picked up some muffin thingies in my pantry yesterday and saw that they had these tiny (REALLY tiny) bugs on them. I freaked and threw all of them away. Then I noticed that there were more crawling around in there. I started inspecting items in my pantry and found them on a couple more things. They are really hard to spot because they are so small. I would have thought they were just spilled spices or something if I hadn't noticed them moving.

Has anyone ever had this problem? I think I'm going to have to throw away EVERYTHING in my pantry... including my entire stock of spices, and I don't want to do that. I investigated them and don't SEE any bugs in there, but who knows? There could be eggs... ughh. I looked up advice and learned that most of the time these bugs are introduced into your home via goods that are not stored properly at the grocery store. :(

:( I'm so sorry that you are dealing with that.

I've never had that problem in my kitchen but I remember when my sister and I were kids she used to keep her candy for a long long long time. One time she was going to get some to eat and there were tons of tiny bugs all over the candy. It was freaky. We just threw away her whole Easter basket and we didn't seem to have any issues otherwise. You may have to throw everything out. :(