Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Sounds like more than one of you tied one on last night!!! I hope you aren't feeling too much of a hangover today. @orangesmartie I know you have already applied your remedies and I hope you are feeling better.
    I am taking it easy this weekend, made some black bean brownies. Very interesting. Texture is a bit denser and not as sweet as regular brownies but still pretty good.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    So... I picked up some muffin thingies in my pantry yesterday and saw that they had these tiny (REALLY tiny) bugs on them. I freaked and threw all of them away. Then I noticed that there were more crawling around in there. I started inspecting items in my pantry and found them on a couple more things. They are really hard to spot because they are so small. I would have thought they were just spilled spices or something if I hadn't noticed them moving.

Has anyone ever had this problem? I think I'm going to have to throw away EVERYTHING in my pantry... including my entire stock of spices, and I don't want to do that. I investigated them and don't SEE any bugs in there, but who knows? There could be eggs... ughh. I looked up advice and learned that most of the time these bugs are introduced into your home via goods that are not stored properly at the grocery store. :(

:( I'm so sorry that you are dealing with that.

I've never had that problem in my kitchen but I remember when my sister and I were kids she used to keep her candy for a long long long time. One time she was going to get some to eat and there were tons of tiny bugs all over the candy. It was freaky. We just threw away her whole Easter basket and we didn't seem to have any issues otherwise. You may have to throw everything out. :(
    Oh man, that sounds so freaky! I talked to my mom about my problem and she reminded me of the time she opened up a container of oatmeal to find tons of worms crawling around. I wasn't that freaked out and took it to school to show everyone in excitement :lol: Still... EW. Now I'm going to be extra paranoid around everything in my pantry, though I cleaned mostly everything out. The rest is in the freezer and I am really hoping there aren't any bugs/eggs in there.

Hahaha this is hilarious!

Eww, but that would make a funny show & tell.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    I got absolutely paralytically vomit inducing drunk last night. Now I want a fry up and full fat coke

I'm hoping you're feeling a lot better :).

Had to Google what a Fry Up is.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    Oh gosh - forgot to say @Tubbs216 - You must be so proud of your oldest for going through with such a grown up interview! I hope he gets the job.

Great news that your daughter's tests came back normal! Excellent!

I must admit that the name "clotted cream" makes me gag. I have this horrible aversion to milk specifically because it gets all clumpy and sooooo groooosssss when it starts to spoil. So "clotted cream" translates into "rotten nasty milk" for me.

The worst part is that I've never actually tried clotted cream, as it's not a thing here in the US. I bet I'd LOVE it if I tried it elsewhere AND if they didn't tell me that's what I was eating. Just call it... ummm... buttery pudding... or sweetened cream.... or... well, anything but "clotted". Hee hee
    Yes, I think that reaction is quite common! Regarding availability in N America, I read around a lot when I was looking for a recipe to try, and there were SO MANY Americans looking for some way to replicate the fabulous cream they'd had when visiting the UK. It surprises me that nobody has started marketing it over here - apart from the nasty bottled stuff, which doesn't compare to fresh.

Thanks for your thoughts about my kids. You're very sweet. :)

For those of you with access to a Wegmans, they carry several imported varieties of clotted cream! And Devon cream? I have no idea if that's different. Too busy wondering why I don't have scones right now.

I'll have to look at Wegman's whenever I actually get back to one.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    1crvygrl wrote: »
    I just had some cotton candy grapes...YUM! I wish they'd been on sale.

Where'd you find them at?
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Hope you're feeling better @orangesmartie!! Xoxo
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Hope you're feeling better @orangesmartie!! Xoxo

Plus 1 hugs
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    I'm deliberately ignoring the SNOW that @Glinda1971 posted... I'm in denial... winter isn't coming this year...

Now I'm on the hunt for Concord grapes. Not sure when or if I will find them here, they probably have a two-week retail season like Rainier cherries do. And absolutely zero chance of encountering these magical cotton candy grapes.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Confession: I am totally Watching my life fall apart (again, yawn) and I'm doing absolutely nothing to stop it. In fact I've buggered off to drink coffee and read my book.

Oh crap I'm sorry. Being hung over on top of it has to suck. I would definitely not worry on calories and eat fried food and drink coke. Agreed totally helps. Well I just realized it's nearly midnight there so hopefully you can get some sleep and have a new perspective in the am. Although lately if I drink too much it takes me 2 days to recover. Check in with us in the am and let us know how you are doing and if you are ok. XOXOXOX
  • Oberon21
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I am in an unusually good mood today. Even for a Friday. Maybe it was the donut, or the smoked pork (sorry pof) I had a little bit ago, but regardless, I'm feeling really good today, and I hope someone doesn't piss me off and ruin it.
    Great! Enjoy it. I've just eaten two warm scones with my homemade clotted cream (recipe in Batcave - too good to not share!) and strawberry jam, and that's also given me a rather nice sense of well-being. Have a great weekend!

I want a scone!!
    If I throw it hard enough, will it get to you?

Can you throw hard enough to make it to Kansas?! I love scones and strawberry jam. I have no idea what clotted cream is, but I'm sure I'd love it too.

Also, thanks, you have a great weekend too!

Do you think they would arrive more easily if she clicked two scones together three times while saying, "There's no place like home!"?

I just choked on my drink. Superbly hilarious. :)

YAY, someone got my reference! :D Nobody else seemed to get it. *sigh*

I got it!!! I just didn't react.... sorry!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    Hopefully one breakfast is enough!

I find that I'm not hungry while drinking, but the next day I want all the things!

I went out of town to an archery tournament once, went out for bacon and eggs with the guys I was staying with, came back to the hotel and went out for French toast with another group.

I tend to want to eat like mad WHILE I'm drinking. Bacon, eggs, cheese(loads of cheese), burgers, fries, cheese sticks, sausage, pancakes, waffles, biscuits and gravy, hashbrowns, potato wedges, boneless buffalo wings(usually too inebriated to eat traditional), fried pickles, macaroni and cheese, and chicken alfredo.

These are things I have craved/eaten like a starving person while drinking.

This is more me. When I drink too much restraint disappears. It usually means a trip there burger King for a big fish meal. And ice cream. Often after having had dinner. This is why I try not to drunk much anymore.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I got absolutely paralytically vomit inducing drunk last night. Now I want a fry up and full fat coke

You should have made yourself throw up. You'd feel better today. ;)
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Oh gosh - forgot to say @Tubbs216 - You must be so proud of your oldest for going through with such a grown up interview! I hope he gets the job.

I must admit that the name "clotted cream" makes me gag. I have this horrible aversion to milk specifically because it gets all clumpy and sooooo groooosssss when it starts to spoil. So "clotted cream" translates into "rotten nasty milk" for me.

The worst part is that I've never actually tried clotted cream, as it's not a thing here in the US. I bet I'd LOVE it if I tried it elsewhere AND if they didn't tell me that's what I was eating. Just call it... ummm... buttery pudding... or sweetened cream.... or... well, anything but "clotted". Hee hee

I wish I could send you all some clotted cream

I have never had a desire for clotted cream. ..sounded disgusting. When I am in London next year I now vow to try it.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »

I have never had a desire for clotted cream. ..sounded disgusting. When I am in London next year I now vow to try it.
    Do it in style!
    http://www.theritzlondon.com/palm-court/
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Confession: I am totally Watching my life fall apart (again, yawn) and I'm doing absolutely nothing to stop it. In fact I've buggered off to drink coffee and read my book.
    Sorry to hear that. I really hope everything comes together for you.

• misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    I'm deliberately ignoring the SNOW that @Glinda1971 posted... I'm in denial... winter isn't coming this year...

Now I'm on the hunt for Concord grapes. Not sure when or if I will find them here, they probably have a two-week retail season like Rainier cherries do. And absolutely zero chance of encountering these magical cotton candy grapes.

It was 20C here yesterday. There may have been frolicking, and t-shirts.
  • Oberon21
    Options

Do it in style!
    http://www.theritzlondon.com/palm-court/

Oooh I am going to start a list in the Batcave. Plus I need advice from my British /Scottish friends on planning this trip!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Hopefully one breakfast is enough!

I find that I'm not hungry while drinking, but the next day I want all the things!

I went out of town to an archery tournament once, went out for bacon and eggs with the guys I was staying with, came back to the hotel and went out for French toast with another group.

I tend to want to eat like mad WHILE I'm drinking. Bacon, eggs, cheese(loads of cheese), burgers, fries, cheese sticks, sausage, pancakes, waffles, biscuits and gravy, hashbrowns, potato wedges, boneless buffalo wings(usually too inebriated to eat traditional), fried pickles, macaroni and cheese, and chicken alfredo.

These are things I have craved/eaten like a starving person while drinking.

This is more me. When I drink too much restraint disappears. It usually means a trip there burger King for a big fish meal. And ice cream. Often after having had dinner. This is why I try not to drunk much anymore.

This post is funny. I sound drunk. I was trying to graze my horse and post.

Trip TO Burger King.
    Try not to DRINK much anymore. ;)
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    I have an older brother - they're not that great. ;)

I have pretty old parents my dad is 73 and my mom is 72.

I have three. And they are great NOW. Not so much when they were leaving me on closet shelves and such...
  • Oberon21
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Hey friends... stopping in to say hello and thanks for the condolences and PM's I received. My grandmother did pass. She was 89, almost 90 and lived a great life and was at peace with herself and a servant of the Lord so we celebrated her life as she would have us do.
    I hope everyone is doing well and that Kelly is getting her walks in, Mo is getting her 5x5 in, Buehrle had a great time across the pond and Pofoster is getting her cute shoe photos in! :wink: And everyone else of course. I hope to be all caught up tomorrow so I can be a little more active here.

Glad to have you back. You were missed. I am so sorry about your grandma. My condolences.