Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    So, I just finished planning out the rest of this month and September. I've totally lost it lol. I'm definitely going to enjoy this one last peaceful weekend before everything goes to hell and hectic again. That's just September with my school, Raelynn's school, tax school (one of them) for work, and all the appointments coming up this month and in September. I'm gonna need all the luck and coffee I can get!

r596xmtqqqpp.jpg

I am highly impressed with your organizational skills! You may not have much time for you MFP friends in Sept! Good luck!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Rucksack run update: It's a nice evening here, so I skipped the gym and slogged 1.8 miles carrying 15lbs. I hesitate to call it running as my app says my speed was 3.43 mph, but it's not much worse than my unencumbered 13 minute mile. I'll have to try again soon for the whole 5k distance and then add weight. The good news is I can run with my own pack that has a water system and they will just put the 30lb kettle bell in it.

I think I would end up with bruises on my back carrying a kettle bell.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    Morning all. Had quite a down day yesterday, very negative. Realised I hadn't taken my medication for 5 days. Yes, naughty I know. I get so out of routine at home on weekends, and by the time the reminders go off on my phone, Charlie and I are already out for the day. I know its no excuse.

I am just generally fed up with looking in the mirror and seeing roll of fat stacked on top of roll of fat to make up my body (sorry @girldownsouth ). I know change doesn't happen over night, but this is week 5 damnit!

I did hit the gym yesterday, did 6k run, PT session (full body work out) and a spin class. That will hopefully mitigate some of the cake batter and biscuit dough.

I'm sorry some of you guys are struggling with motivation. Is there anything we can do to help? What motivates you? Challenges? Accountability? Work out buddy? Competition?

I think we all need some more positivity in here. Changes won't be instant so we need to find a bit more happiness in who we are right now. So I want everyone to share something that they like about themselves now, not something that could be good after losing some weight, or with a bit of toning, but something about you that is already great. Because other people don't look at you and only see the negative, especially if you are focusing on the positive yourself. And your much more likely to succeed in the long run if it's not all a means to an end.

So I want to hear all about your great long legs, pert bums (@MoHousdon, I'm looking at you), delicate wrists, emerging collarbones etc. Go and look in the mirror and find something that makes you smile, right now!

I'll go first and say that I like my waist. I appreciate that whatever size I have been I have distinct curves, and that makes me feel better about myself.

I have really cool coloured eyes - they are undefineable. They are greeny, browny, hazelly, with flecks of yellow and blue. I never know what colour to write on forms so I just say hazel as I'm not sure what that's supposed to look like. Always liked my weird eye colour, it is a good reflection of me.

Also, for the first time in my life, my fingernails are growing uniformly and are strong. I think they look great! I'm enjoying it now since I think it's only temporary.

I like my eyes also. They change colors depending on what I wear and sunlight- sometimes they're yellow-gold, other times hazel and the green comes out more. I have them on my license as hazel, too, because gold-yellow-green with some ambery brown spots is too long to type lol :wink:

I have eyes like this. Sometimes they look blue, sometimes green. I have blue on my license and everywhere, but they are really blue with a lot of yellow. Hence they look green sometimes. People either love my eyes or think they are creepy (well I had a sister that said they were creepy so I have never forgotten that).

Yup, mine will change depending on what I'm wearing. They will match the shade of my shirts almost exactly...blue, green, or grey. I've had people think I was wearing colored contacts matched to my shirts...uhhh, no.

I tried color contacts once...I wanted fake green eyes to go with my fake red hair. Nope...way too fake looking! Never got them.

When I was young I had blue contacts. I kinda hated them because they looked really good and I would get tons of comments about how beautiful my eyes were. :( I rarely get comments on my real eye color which I think is still awesome.

When I tried them they were so obviously fake. There was no way they could be mistaken for being real. I stuck with clear.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    For some reason I have been in the Batcave and thought it was this thread :confounded: Not really sure how that happened... especially since the Batcave only has about 60 pages and this one's over 1500.

I bought some skin cleansing Aztec clay and just used it for the first time. My skin feels extremely soft right now and most of the reviews claim that it works amazingly well. I'm hoping it holds up for me. I feel very self conscious about my skin and want smaller pores and a more even skin tone.

Oh and @LBuehrle8 I'm glad you had so much fun on your trip!! @FroggyBug and @jthurman3, have fun on your vacations!

Its really funny I did the same thing in the gym tonight. I was checking on the bike as part of my cool down and even commented how slow you guys must have been the last few days. About an hour later it dawned on me it must have been the bat cave. Duh....
  • Oberon21
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Hello everyone. I haven't been very active recently, but I have been reading along. Am struggling a bit at the moment, for no particular reason. I really need to get back to exercising, but seem to have mislaid my motivation.

I totally understand... I've been doing ok so far, but next week is vacation. I think I may lose all sorts of mojo then, and I'm down to the last 15lbs I'd like to lose. Eep! Anything we can do to help, @Tubbs216 ?

Next week is my vacation too! I hope you have fun. Don't lose your mojo!

I'm actually going camping Monday-Wednesday next week so thankfully I'll be walking a lot. The rest of the days will be iffy. I'll probably be lazy. :)

Have a wonderful time!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Thanks for happy vacation wishes! I'm excited! I'll catch up when I get back on 8/31. In the meantime, hope everyone has a lovely week and that progress is made on whatever you happen to be working on. :)

We'll miss your birthday if you are gone! Susie will have to bake a cake in your honor and post a pic! Have a wonderful time! ♡♡♡
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I have like 12 pages to catch up on but I have to sleep. I'll catch up over the weekend. G'night!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Have a lovely vacation @FroggyBug !!
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Conversation between me and my sister:

Me: "I'm really liking jogging! It's fun with the zombie app. Though my lower back is a little sore."

Sis: "Sounds like you might want to do some core exercises to help take the strain off your back..."

Me: "I'd rather take ibuprofen every day than do crunches." :wink:

ARGH! Confession: It makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up when people assume you have to do crunches to work your core. (No judgement on you, @jthurman3) YOU DO NOT HAVE TO DO CRUNCHES TO WORK YOUR CORE!!! :s

Sorry, pet peeve.

Confession #2: I NEVER do crunches.

I do planks while watching videos on my phone....is this bad? I consider it multi-tasking because HEAVEN FORBID I miss an episode of My Drunk Kitchen... just sayin'
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I confess that about 2/3 of my desk (it's a big U shape) is currently covered in paperwork that I have to complete on my employees annually, mainly competency assessments and mid-year reviews (they changed the formatting so we're a little behind this year). I could make it all tuck away nicely and get it out as I need it...but I look so much busier this way. >:)

My desk is also covered in papers...and a plate of homemade French fries. >:)

I want to BE you at this point. A booty like that AND you get to eat french fries...*repeats mantra "I will get there. I will get there. I will get there...."*
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options

Oh gosh - forgot to say @Tubbs216 - You must be so proud of your oldest for going through with such a grown up interview! I hope he gets the job.

Great news that your daughter's tests came back normal! Excellent!

I must admit that the name "clotted cream" makes me gag. I have this horrible aversion to milk specifically because it gets all clumpy and sooooo groooosssss when it starts to spoil. So "clotted cream" translates into "rotten nasty milk" for me.

The worst part is that I've never actually tried clotted cream, as it's not a thing here in the US. I bet I'd LOVE it if I tried it elsewhere AND if they didn't tell me that's what I was eating. Just call it... ummm... buttery pudding... or sweetened cream.... or... well, anything but "clotted". Hee hee

I wish I could send you all some clotted cream
  • orangesmartie
    Options
    I got absolutely paralytically vomit inducing drunk last night. Now I want a fry up and full fat coke
  • BodyByBex
    edited August 2015
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    i missed the delete window...did the "this is my post and i want to delete it"
    i do understand how dumb i am :(

You're NOT dumb! I'm reasonably certain there are a lot of women here who can relate to having unwanted sex for less-than-optimum reasons.

In my own history I can say I've had sex on various occasions because I didn't want to hurt the guy's feelings by rejecting him, because I was too mentally exhausted to continue arguing about why we weren't going to have sex, because I just felt like having a brief period of physical closeness with another human being and my favourite lousy reason for sex: because I wanted to erase the last guy I'd had sex with. :|

Granted, I may have a more casual attitude about the whole sex thing than others who were raised in more conservative or religious environments.

I think you may have put yourself in a position of vulnerability by drinking in the company of someone you didn't know well... and that would be my only caution.

@KylerJaye
    Relating. Especially to the bolded.

I have done the second bolded a few times...once in a public park restroom at the lake....yeah... Another, in an ally behind a bar. So don't even feel dumb. Those are not mistakes, they are learning experiences!

I learned that even drunk me will remember that I carry, and insist on using, a condom regardless of my birth control status. I consider this a serious win.

Think of what you have learned. It might not become apparent at first, but it will be there, no matter how small.

ETA: A great one(because of the lesson) that I remember, I went to the dudes apartment, first date, I was inebriated, and the dude, who was mostly sober, told me he loved me....I have NEVER jumped off of a man so fast before in my life... Drunk me will accept/do MANY things but 'I love you' on the first encounter is NOT one of them.
    This particular instance was to erase the last guy I had sex with, you may know of him as 'Douche Canoe', who only said 'I love you' during intercourse (and was lying). After this, I went through a 5 month celibacy period whereupon Sgt. Sexy Pants began to show interest and I showed interest RIGHT back. :wink:
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    I can't believe I posted that... I could have PM'd her... but nope. Rebecca had to post 'regretful sexcapades' on the Internet for all to see...

One of the mantras is "If I'm doing it, I need to stop judging it."
    Have you given Amy Young's YouTube videos a try,@kylerJaye?
    She's really helpful, honest. Most of her Mantra Mondays are awesome!
  • orangesmartie
    Options
    Currently in a café awaiting my vegetarian fry up and downing orange juice. Not a single calorie will be counted
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Currently in a café awaiting my vegetarian fry up and downing orange juice. Not a single calorie will be counted

You are in post alcohol recovery. You deserve it, so just let today brush by with no guilt. You are helping your body heal.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    I got absolutely paralytically vomit inducing drunk last night. Now I want a fry up and full fat coke

LOL
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    Hopefully one breakfast is enough!

I find that I'm not hungry while drinking, but the next day I want all the things!

I went out of town to an archery tournament once, went out for bacon and eggs with the guys I was staying with, came back to the hotel and went out for French toast with another group.

• BodyByBex
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    Hopefully one breakfast is enough!

I find that I'm not hungry while drinking, but the next day I want all the things!

I went out of town to an archery tournament once, went out for bacon and eggs with the guys I was staying with, came back to the hotel and went out for French toast with another group.

I tend to want to eat like mad WHILE I'm drinking. Bacon, eggs, cheese(loads of cheese), burgers, fries, cheese sticks, sausage, pancakes, waffles, biscuits and gravy, hashbrowns, potato wedges, boneless buffalo wings(usually too inebriated to eat traditional), fried pickles, macaroni and cheese, and chicken alfredo.

These are things I have craved/eaten like a starving person while drinking.
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    My husband is the same as me. There have been days when we decided to have a couple in the afternoon and skipped dinner and just kept going.

I try not to do that anymore, a hangover is bad enough without being totally starving to death on top of it.