Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• qn4bx9pzg8aifd
    qn4bx9pzg8aifd Posts: 258 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    bkhamill wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Can I just say how awesome this thread has become?

Yes, it started out about trash bags, peanut butter, and hot chocolate powder, but it has evolved into a community within the MFP community where people actually CARE and SUPPORT one another through stupid decisions, horrible situations, and hilarious escapades.

You all rock. And if I wasn't super lazy, I would finally get around to friend requesting the rest of the regular posters.
    Super great.

You're all super great!

Agreed! You're all so incredibly wonderful. And now a certain poster who shall not be named, ( @quiksylver296 did you ever find out who this was) has stopped posting here, it truly IS a safe place.

I didn't, PM me please!

If I have this figured out... I would hint that she "danced" right out of here.

DING DING DING!!! WE HAVE A WINNER!!! Your prize is free non-judged confessions for life...or as long as this thread is still alive. CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Ok, now I'm confused. I totally thought it was bun lady. Help me out, @MoHousdon.

Bun lady is the same lady. :)

Reading this WHY are you bringing her up publicly???! Such bad Karma,

...am hoping that my not having any idea who is being referred to -- and issuing a public declaration thereof -- can perhaps 'balance out', or otherwise 'counteract', any bad karma teeter-totter... ;)

(...maybe that's just one of many potential 'upsides' of inadvertently having missed various subsets of the thread (and since its inception, in particular) -- accidental ignorance of something for which knowledge of such could otherwise 'amplify' karma's 'gravity' -- but for which a lack of knowledge can 'pull' in the opposite direction (I said, sounding all fake-authoritatively, and as though I were some sort of Professor of Karma Mathematics... ;) ))

Edited to add: a puff of smoke emanated from my screen, as soon as I clicked "Post Reply" -- thereby 'confirming' a successfully counteracted karmic nexxus... ;)
  • KrisiAnnH
    KrisiAnnH Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    15 out of 15
    I guess I should really though. A few years ago I was out in Canada with work and my boss at the time kept using these phrases, and then when people didn't understand trying to explain with another one, eg:
    Boss: So basically you're saying this is just swings and roundabouts really?
    Canadians: Swings and roundabouts?
    Boss: Yes, six of one, half a dozen of the other...

my dad works for a Canadian company and so has to go out there for business occasionally, from what I gather there's been quite a few times when he's used 'British-isms' just to be met with blank looks haha. I'm sure it goes both ways though...
  • KrisiAnnH
    KrisiAnnH Posts: 352 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    ETA: oops sorry, double post!
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Quiz to see how well you Yanks and C'nucks understand proper British English, just in case we do all get together for a tea party one day:
    http://en.what-character-are-you.com/d/en/1041/index/5577.html

Not bragging or anything - but I got 15 out of 15. Like a lot of people I see.

I read a lot of British cozies though.

And use some of those phrases or my parents do.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    Ahhh, country stereotypes. I have to make sure my kangaroo is well-fed, for any long commutes.

Watch out for the drop bears. ;)
  • Glinda1971
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Feels good to be wearing clothes that truly fit again. No more sucking in my gut or keeping the top button of my pants unbuttoned! I am donating all of my oversized clothes so I have nothing to swell into down the road.

Good for you. I lost 50 lbs a few years ago. Gave away all my clothes. When I started having only 3 things to wear and had to unbutton my pants again I knew it was time. So I started again last year.

As of this am I am the thinnest I have been in 24 years. Yay me. :)

Yes - yay you!!

That's where I'm hoping to get to as well!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Morning all. Meds taken, and Charlie and I are snuggled up on the sofa watching frozen (its one of his favourites).

I finally got on the scales again today. I've gained 5lbs in my little pity-party binge cycle. I'm sure some of it is water, so my goal is get that 5lb off before I hit the mountain in 2 weeks.

Yes 2 weeks to go until I attempt to climb a mountain, in the dark. And did I mention that there is 2.5 feet of snow on the mountain? I've raised £685 so far for the Alzheimer's society, which I am also proud of. Gonna try and make it £700 before we go.

Feeling brighter today, hopefully can keep food intake to sensible proportions today.

That's fantastic! I'm happy you're feeling better today!
  • Glinda1971
    Options
    Morning all. Meds taken, and Charlie and I are snuggled up on the sofa watching frozen (its one of his favourites).

I finally got on the scales again today. I've gained 5lbs in my little pity-party binge cycle. I'm sure some of it is water, so my goal is get that 5lb off before I hit the mountain in 2 weeks.

Yes 2 weeks to go until I attempt to climb a mountain, in the dark. And did I mention that there is 2.5 feet of snow on the mountain? I've raised £685 so far for the Alzheimer's society, which I am also proud of. Gonna try and make it £700 before we go.

Feeling brighter today, hopefully can keep food intake to sensible proportions today.

Glad you're feeling better!!
  • Glinda1971
    Options
    March 19th I went to my post op appointment after having gallbladder removed. Doc scale weighted me at 356.4lbs and I wanted to crawl into a hole and die... I downloaded the app, started tracking everything I ate... My roommates scale read me at E, so I stepped on it applying weight until I found out it went to E reading after316lbs... I avoided that scale until late April, out of the blue was curious... and there it was.... my first reading 316lbs... I jumped for joy and cried!!! Last two weeks been bouncing between 298-306lbs... but I attribute that directly to the overwhelming stress im enduring and occasionally stress eating...
    smr09012 wrote: »
    When I first started tracking I bought a scale at Walmart (because I was there) and kept getting an E reading. Found out I was too fat for the scale. I returned it the next day and when my (annoyed) fiancé asked why I was dragging him back to Walmart, I said that the scale gave me five different readings, so it must be broken.

Nice loss! You're doing great!
  • qn4bx9pzg8aifd
    qn4bx9pzg8aifd Posts: 258 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    annette_15 wrote: »
    My previous 3 mile pr on the elliptical was 41:05, today I beat it at 40:01, but I'm mad because my goal has been to get under 40 minutes for a long time lol...dammit.
    In the body's 'defense', I would hasten to remind thee (listen to me soundin' all from-another-era -y ;) (let alone, as though a 'lawyer' representing your body-as-'defendant' (lol))... that your body just might have had its own positive-intent agenda (to benefit you, and with your best interests at heart (no cardio pun intended ;) ))... to take the requisite time to improve various aspects that are subtle, physiological, and cardiovascular in nature... and which would ultimately be 'ready to rock-n-roll', when it came time to not only establish a new pr, but to 'set the stage' for establishing the next... :)

(...and as for the :01 aspect... that was just your body 'doing its part' to ensure a jolt of additional 'oomph', for a magically inspiring elliptical session that is to take place on a different day... and could result in your 'flying' past that 40:00 threshold in a way that is 'extra memorable' (and perhaps with a gusto not unlike a gunslinger flinging open the doors of a saloon, as they make 'one hell of an entrance'... ;) ))

annette_15 wrote: »
    Anyways, EDC tomorrow and OMG I cannot contain my excitement :open_mouth: Here's a live stream if anyone wants to see what its all about https://screen.yahoo.com/live/event/edc-1
    In reading that, I suddenly found myself wondering whether my brain was failing me, or whether I happened to have missed a previous discussion regarding "EDC"... and 'witnessed' my mind suddenly scrambling to 'decipher' (as only a mind experiencing a 'crisis in comprehension' is wont to do... as it chaotically flits 'to and fro', among mental cobwebs, while silently screaming (in the confines of one's mind), "wth does that mean?!" (lol ;) ))

...and with the first word emerging 'from the fog' being... "Eclipse" (who knows why?)... and my subsequently bandying about such no-way (and goofily conjured) 'possibilities' as... "Eclipse of Dark Chocolate"... and... "Eclipse of Doily Circles" (?!) (in my mind's defense, I was visualizing a classic eclipse of celestial and planetary bodies, which are spherical in nature (and the concept of "sphere" seemed to harken "circle", which apparently triggered recollection of doilies from somewhere in the recesses of my mind (a grandmother of mine used to crochet them :) )))...

...as well as having the recently-read word "elliptical" enter the fray... and contributing to "Elliptical Destroyer Competition" :p (which I have no doubt you could kick some serious behind in, annette-o-rama :) )...

...but then, after looking it up (the almightly EDC in question, that is)... I summarily found my horizons having been expanded -- and for that, I thank you, sista! :)
  • Glinda1971
    Options
    Happy day today! That extra pound disappeared and took another 0.4 with it.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    OMG! So, if you Google "shark eating chocolate powder while wearing a trash bag" several of the profile pics from this thread show up! @riderfangal, @Tubbs216, @m1xm0d3, @kelly_c_77

Bahaha! Just had to look for myself!

And now, I need to make these:
    full_9399_81767_CrochetedSharkSlipperSocks_2.jpg

I need these in my size.
    I think this is a blue/gold/brown/white dress thing. How can you not see that this is a cute, chubby baby leg?!

I did! That is why I need said booties/slippers in my size!

I didn't understand the people seeing fingerpuppets, honestly. ;)
  • CountessKitteh
    Options
    Feels good to be wearing clothes that truly fit again. No more sucking in my gut or keeping the top button of my pants unbuttoned! I am donating all of my oversized clothes so I have nothing to swell into down the road.
    Good for you! That's awesome.

Thanks! I am almost down 50, even though MFP says like 38 cuz I didn't record the last gain over winter. Roomy clothes are awesome! (And by roomy, I mean properly fit as opposed to squeezing into while simultaneously cutting off circulation ;))

Way to go! That's awesome and I'm sure your clothes and circulation are thanking you. :wink:

Hahaha thanks and yes they are. I've essentially unlocked a section of my wardrobe that hasn't been worn in years. Hell, some still have the tags on them cuz they were too small to wear on day one. I'm trying them on tonight. I hope they all fit!

That is absolutely adorable.

:blush:

I DID try them on. Some shirts fit and some were oooh so close. A few more weeks and I know they will. The last of my work slacks now fit which pleases me to no end. :smiley:

Getting "new" clothes out of your current wardrobe is probably the best part of weight loss (for me anyway). I am sometimes sad when things I really liked become too big to wear though. Hopefully this is the last time that ever has to happen! :)
  • CountessKitteh
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    So, for dinner last night I had Cheese Nips and a handful of chocolate eggs leftover from Easter. And beer. Yay!
    You had chocolate leftover from Easter? How?!

Seriously, tell me how.

I was as shocked as you guys. For Easter, my BIL gave my son a cardboard egg "thing" with candy in it and it's been sitting on his dresser since then. I assumed it was empty, because candy + my kid, or filled with Legos or something. But lo, it was not! I need to clean up in there more often.
    Aha! So, it was not known that there was leftover candy...makes a little more sense now. And yes, go clean out his closet and see what you find!

I still have Easter candy left. As a matter of fact, I haven't touched my dark chocolate bunny yet. I know it's there, I just don't use calories on candy very often. I'd rather use them on fries or bacon cheeseburgers.
    Growing up, I always preferred salty to sweet. A few years ago, when I started really working out, it was like a switch was flipped. No more chips, peanuts, fries...I want alllll the candy, cookies, cakes, and ice cream. I will eat salty things and enjoy them...but never really crave them or want to use calories on them. That is, until now after being sick on Monday/Tuesday...now sweet stuff makes me want to throw up all over again...so I've been having salty stuff as my snacks the past few days.

I love salty. I rarely have cravings for sweet stuff, it's almost always salty that I'm hungry for. I very rarely will turn down chips or really crispy fries. They are my weakness. Especially with an ice cold Dr. Pepper. My favorite go to snack.

I love salty too. Can't keep chips in the house. Or dry roasted peanuts.

Last night I was craving cookies which I honestly never do. But I've figured out by the pain by my hip that it's ovulation day. That probably explains the extra weight.

Weird though, I very seldom get hormonal cravings. I blame this thread!! ;)

I have also been craving cookies, check out my diary, and it is because of hormones too.

Confession: I started my period today and I could NOT be happier because that means unless I have some freakishly long cycle, I will be period free for my vacation. I may have thanked God out loud while going to the bathroom. TMI I know, but I just had to share. Also, that could explain some of the weight gain I've experienced recently even though I'm still in a deficit.

I'm happy for you, for real. When my now husband and I met we made the decision to not be intimate. He'd recently come back to the church and I was in love enough to play along. FF to our wedding day 18 months later and I got my period THAT MORNING. It's funny now but at the time I was pissed. LOL Even funnier? I got pregnant on the honeymoon. Yay for two weeks in Cabo!

I did the math to figure out approximately when to expect mine in TWO YEARS (accouting for a reasonable shift in either direction over such a time frame) when I picked my wedding date. I'm already more than 1/4 of the way through said time frame without anything changing, but am still convinced that something weird will happen between now and then and I'll get it the day of.
  • Glinda1971
    Options
    Good for you! That's awesome.

Thanks! I am almost down 50, even though MFP says like 38 cuz I didn't record the last gain over winter. Roomy clothes are awesome! (And by roomy, I mean properly fit as opposed to squeezing into while simultaneously cutting off circulation ;))

Way to go! That's awesome and I'm sure your clothes and circulation are thanking you. :wink:

Hahaha thanks and yes they are. I've essentially unlocked a section of my wardrobe that hasn't been worn in years. Hell, some still have the tags on them cuz they were too small to wear on day one. I'm trying them on tonight. I hope they all fit!

That is absolutely adorable.

:blush:

I DID try them on. Some shirts fit and some were oooh so close. A few more weeks and I know they will. The last of my work slacks now fit which pleases me to no end. :smiley:

Getting "new" clothes out of your current wardrobe is probably the best part of weight loss (for me anyway). I am sometimes sad when things I really liked become too big to wear though. Hopefully this is the last time that ever has to happen! :)

I got rid of all my clothes that I grew out of. Kind of bummed about that, there were some clothes there I would still love to have.

Weird confession - one of my motivation pieces is a tank top that I've owned for over 20 years - over time it became an extremely tight crop top that I used as a compression top. I wore it in my before shots and I'm hoping by the end of this that it fits again. We'll see.
  • CountessKitteh
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    I know you hate people apologising for asking you questions, @Susieq_1994, but I only do because I feel like that stereotypical ignorant privileged white girl, and I don't want to offend.

So...there is that - robe, I'm sorry, I don't know the word for it - the long black one with the head and face covering. But it gets to 60C in Oman, right? So, um...how do the women not die of heatstroke?

That's alright, it doesn't offend me! :)

It's called an abaya, and most of them don't cover the head or face--They're basically just black dresses. I wear one myself. The headscarf and niqab (face covering) are all separate pieces. There is one that has a head covering attached as well, but these are mostly worn by older ladies, as it's just an older style.

That said, I wear the abaya and headscarf. I don't find it hot, personally--I actually find it cooler than when I wear "regular" clothing like skirts and blouses because the abaya tends to be very lightweight. It's also because I've been covering for a very long time--If I didn't cover, I'd probably feel hotter due to the sun burning my skin!

My sister wears a niqab, and according to her, it did feel very hot in the first week, but she says it doesn't feel like that anymore now that she's used to it.

Just an add-on: The abaya isn't a must, Islamically. Women are encouraged not to wear very bright colors for the purpose of attracting men (yes, men have a rule that involves not attracting women--it isn't a sexist rule), but you're allowed to wear whatever color you like, as long as you're covered properly.

I prefer the abaya in Saudi Arabia because everyone wears it (I've seen like... two people so far that didn't... Even the non-Muslims wear it!) and I just don't want to stand out. In Oman, I often wear regular colored dresses, skirts, blouses, etc. Unless I'm lazy. Because the abaya is really easy to just throw on and be done. ;)

Can I ask some follow ups? You say your sister wears a niqab; was that something she decided to do as an adult? And how did she come to that decision? And are you wearing your regular clothes under the abaya? Or is it like a "dress".

Thanks for educating me! :)

Yes, she decided to start wearing it two years ago. Nobody else in our family wears it and she's unmarried, so nobody influenced her in that decision--in Islam there are some scholars (I refuse to count the Sheikh Google people...) who believe the niqab is obligatory, and others who believe it is simply recommended based on evidence from the Qur'an and hadith. After doing some studying, my sister chose to go with the scholars who believe it's obligatory, and began covering her face from then on.

You do have to wear clothing under an abaya--it's basically a cover, but the material is too thin to wear with nothing but underwear underneath, for example. I usually wear jeans and a tank top underneath it--since we have to remain covered, it's best to have your legs covered in case the wind blows it up, for example. :) But I would wear the same under a dress, actually, although I would probably wear cotton pants underneath in that case.

Oh, can I ask if you have one of these? I've always wondered if it was hard to swim in the modest suits, because of the extra fabric:

8r71esdpgap0.jpg

Nope, I don't own one--those suits actually don't meet the fardh (obligatory) requirements for modest clothing for women, especially because they cling when they're wet, and the shape of the body is revealed, which is the major requirement of covering.

If I'm going to swim, I swim in an all-women's facility with a modest swimsuit (even women aren't supposed to reveal nakedness to other women) or just jump into the ocean fully clothed because that's fun. ;)

I'm not even totally caught up, but I am SO GLAD you opened up to us here @Susieq_1994 and are giving us all this info, both about your culture and your own personal self. I just gotta let it out: This girl *kitten* rocks!

Same goes for a lot of our regulars: @MoHousdon @Italian_Buju (BTW we are testing some AWESOME stuff here at my facility regarding diabetes, might be while before human clinical trials though.) @BZAH10 @pofoster21 @quiksylver296 @FrancI27 (I hope that's the right one) Sorry if I forgot some peeps! I love this thread so much. I think I love this thread more than I love guacamole.... and that's REALLY saying something.

You, I like. I have been known to make a quick and dirty quacamole (diced avocado, halved grape tomatoes, some salt/garlic/lime juice) for breakfast.
  • CountessKitteh
    Options
    Greetings from work on this lovely Saturday morning, peeps! (I'm on call from 8am today until 8am tomorrow, and we're supposed to be in the office from 8-noon).

Interview with lab administration went alright. I knew going in that I was not the absolute ideal candidate for the job, so nothing surprising came up. The interview with HR was spectacular, but I don't think that's going to help too much. Ha! ;)

They have another candidate interview yesterday and one on Tuesday. After that, it should at the very least be narrowed down to two for background/resource checks. So, if I don't hear anything by next Friday, I can safely assume that I didn't make the cut. And while it was only 30 minutes, I didn't get a great vibe from the woman who would essentially be my boss, so I don't think I'll be too disappointed to not be chosen. We shall see!

Confession: I logged two slices of pizza for dinner last night, intending to have the other two for lunch today. I then ate a third because I have no self control around pizza. Now I only get one today, but those second slice calories are still going into today's budget. :(
  • Glinda1971
    Options
    Greetings from work on this lovely Saturday morning, peeps! (I'm on call from 8am today until 8am tomorrow, and we're supposed to be in the office from 8-noon).

Interview with lab administration went alright. I knew going in that I was not the absolute ideal candidate for the job, so nothing surprising came up. The interview with HR was spectacular, but I don't think that's going to help too much. Ha! ;)

They have another candidate interview yesterday and one on Tuesday. After that, it should at the very least be narrowed down to two for background/resource checks. So, if I don't hear anything by next Friday, I can safely assume that I didn't make the cut. And while it was only 30 minutes, I didn't get a great vibe from the woman who would essentially be my boss, so I don't think I'll be too disappointed to not be chosen. We shall see!

Confession: I logged two slices of pizza for dinner last night, intending to have the other two for lunch today. I then ate a third because I have no self control around pizza. Now I only get one today, but those second slice calories are still going into today's budget. :(

I just reopened yesterday's diary to add the three frozen pieces of cookie dough I ate last night. If they hadn't fit yesterday they would be going on today.

Today will end I think with a quick add of calories. Going to our friend's camp tonight and going to snack a bit.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options

Good job raising those funds!

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    This morning is my kids' last morning of school... I'm not too happy about it. Less stressed than last year though... but still. I'm sorely going to miss my alone time. I'm not working out this morning so I can enjoy it (still got to run to the store though) but I'll take the kids to the gym this afternoon to keep them busy. I foresee a lot of time spent on the treadmill in the next 3 months.

I confess that I haven't touched my weights for 3 days and I really don't want to...

What kinds of activities do they get to do at the gym? Growing up we belonged to a gym and basically spent almost every summer day with all of our friends at the pool. They had an indoor and outdoor pool with multiple slides. Ah, good memories.
    It's a big room with games, toys, coloring pages, a TV, even an old game console. They don't get bored. The ladies that work there often play games with them too.
    Ugg, I wish there was a gym near me like that. Kids were all over the machines and weight room at the last gym I tried. I remember seeing one girl mess around with the assisted pull up machine. I thought she was going to end up crushing her hand under the weights.

I would never take my child to the gym. It's the reason I don't go I have no one to watch him but I am not taking him with me

Yeah some of them are crazy. That one I more expensive but I really love it. I used to go to the YMCA but the kids HATED the kid area... it was a shoebox, seriously, my closet is bigger...

Plus really... solitaire on the treadmill FTW. I won 3 in a row today!

Confession - I had an early dinner again. Looked at my macros and calories and figured out what would be the most filling. Ended up having a huge omelette. But it's like it went right through me and I was still hungry after. Does that happen to anyone else? I made myself some tea though and now it's better (peppermint. Anything else makes me hungrier for some reason).

I confess that sometimes the idea that I'm going to have to deal with that all my life is extremely daunting. I hope my appetite decreases as I get older... or something.
    I can't see gifs or any image really on the Android app. :/

Really? I can. Are you on an older phone?
    I have the Galaxy S6 and can't see the images either. Almost caught up! I've been behind for days! Glad it's Friday since the thread ramps up Friday and then slows down on the weekend. I also have to catch myself before quoting one of you to friends IRL. Although, my husband knows about the thread and how involved I am. When we first started I would explain what thread I was talking about...even though it's the only one I've ever followed. Now I just say "The Thread", he laughs and I update him.

Also, wanted to say kudos to everyone that defended the thread a couple nights ago. Everyone handled it so well, and explained instead of getting angry. There is one poster that jumped on, 20+K posts, and I got a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach because I was so afraid that things were going to turn nasty. Was very glad that it didn't get nasty, and I didn't chime in because I knew I was way behind. Although if this thing does implode then, as @Tubbs216 put it, to the bat cave!!!
    Something happened to the thread a few nights ago? Dang, I always miss things like that.

Yeah, my phone is an LG G3. I checked just now. I have trouble seeing gifs and avatars, other static images seem to be okay.
    Ok it's gotta be a network thing. Who is your provider? Mine is Verizon (wink wink).
    AT&T. I tolerate them because of a discount the family gets.