Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Shooting update: This gets weirder and weirder. It was not an attempt to rob the gas station. Both of the people involved work in the same plant with Zac. He only knows the one whom he carpools with, but the two had apparently been in a heated argument at work and while Zac was inside paying, the guy who got shot saw the guy he was mad at and sucker punched him before he could get out of his truck. Unfortunately, the guy he started punching had a gun (legally owned, carry permit holder) and shot him in what appears to be self defense.

The guy who was shot is now in stable condition, but keep praying. Stable is not dying immediately, but not really improving.

That is pretty weird! Thank God Zac was inside & not among the chaos as it was unfolding. Will still keep all involved in my thoughts & prayers.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I gotta get in on page 1500!!! I can't believe we've kept this going for 1500 pages, yous guys!

I love you all, good day!

I keep meaning to ask have you seen the step daughter lately? How are things on that end?

She came over (for the first time in 3 weeks) last Thursday with her new boyfriend. I had NO idea she was coming because she didn't bother telling anyone beforehand. I was not up for having a house full of people after coming home from a major workout, so I separated myself from everyone as long as I could by taking a shower. My mother was also at my house when I got home. When I got out, my mom was gone, but SD and BF were still there, and stayed for a long time of which she never introduced me. I didn't really care I was just hungry and wanted them to leave so we could eat dinner and run our already scheduled errands.

I try not to talk about that relationship because it isn't much of one and I just get upset when I think about it too much. I do appreciate you asking though.

I realized the above statement made me sound like a total jerk, but she never lets us know she's coming so we can properly plan something, she just shows up with a tagalong.

I hate, hate, hate unexpected company especially when I am hungry or have things planned to do. She sounds like she hasn't changed any.

Sorry if I upset you with my asking. Just tell me to butt out lol

Me too, @MoHousdon and @riderfangal. We moved into our apartment three years ago, it has one of those buzzers you have to connect to a phone line and we had problems with getting it hooked up...three years later, we haven't ever gotten it fixed because it means no one can show up unexpectedly. I mean, someone can show up and call one of us, but if we don't answer or whatever we're safe, haha. It is SO WORTH the minor inconvenience of having to go down to the lobby to meet visitors.

Hah my front doorbell doesn't work either and I haven't bothered to fix it. Oops you knocked must have been upstairs and didn't hear you >:)

My front doorbell works just fine and I can still pull it off.

"Oops, I didn't know you were coming, I must've been in the basement/back yard and didn't hear the doorbell."

"But the dogs barked like crazy..."

"The dogs bark ALL the time, I just tune them out."

I hide if anyone comes to my door like delivery men. It feels really intrusive. I don't like anyone in my house.

I'm the same way. I make Mr. Mo or Rachael answer the door too, even if I am sitting closest to it.

• MoHousdon
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    Morning all. Had quite a down day yesterday, very negative. Realised I hadn't taken my medication for 5 days. Yes, naughty I know. I get so out of routine at home on weekends, and by the time the reminders go off on my phone, Charlie and I are already out for the day. I know its no excuse.

I am just generally fed up with looking in the mirror and seeing roll of fat stacked on top of roll of fat to make up my body (sorry @girldownsouth ). I know change doesn't happen over night, but this is week 5 damnit!

I did hit the gym yesterday, did 6k run, PT session (full body work out) and a spin class. That will hopefully mitigate some of the cake batter and biscuit dough.

I'm sorry some of you guys are struggling with motivation. Is there anything we can do to help? What motivates you? Challenges? Accountability? Work out buddy? Competition?

I think we all need some more positivity in here. Changes won't be instant so we need to find a bit more happiness in who we are right now. So I want everyone to share something that they like about themselves now, not something that could be good after losing some weight, or with a bit of toning, but something about you that is already great. Because other people don't look at you and only see the negative, especially if you are focusing on the positive yourself. And your much more likely to succeed in the long run if it's not all a means to an end.

So I want to hear all about your great long legs, pert bums (@MoHousdon, I'm looking at you), delicate wrists, emerging collarbones etc. Go and look in the mirror and find something that makes you smile, right now!

I'll go first and say that I like my waist. I appreciate that whatever size I have been I have distinct curves, and that makes me feel better about myself.

Honestly, there is more to my body that I like than I dislike. SL 5X5's Lifting is responsible for a lot of that.

I can probably say the same (except that I don't do SL 5X5). I feel "fit" and "athletic" for the first time in my life.

I've always liked my eyes, they're an unusual dark grey colour. Sadly, for the longest time, my eyes were the ONLY thing I liked about myself.

But thanks to weightlifting I have all these cool hard muscley bits on my body. Sometimes I check them repeatedly to make sure they're still there and I'm not imagining it, lol.... and because I'm proud that I MADE THOSE.

Both of these! I'm constantly feeling myself up. I can't help it.

Ok Mo that didn't sound quite right (or I have a dirty mind) but I agree, I do the same thing.

Not my boobs, you perv! If I were feeling up my boobs, I'd be searching for days for something TO feel. :D I am referring to my shoulders, biceps, and triceps mostly.

• MoHousdon
    Options
    Wow, all of these are fun to read!! And it's good to see that I'm not the only one. I have to admit that I've been guilty of eating after midnight and counting it for the next day and if it's right before my monthly cycle, I can be found eating everything in sight. It once was an entire bad of chocolate chips, felt sick for days.

Okay, of ALL the confessions we've heard in here, this one is, I think, the most confusing to me. IF you eat after midnight, IT IS THE NEXT DAY!!! Why wouldn't you count it as such?! I'm so baffled by this. :/

• riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Hi! I'm popping in to try and catch up a bit. My mom is doing somewhat better, but still having issues. I sprained my ankle trying to help her carry stuff to her car. Yay! School starts for my kids on the 31st, so I'll have more time to devote to MFP very soon!

Glad your mom is doing a bit better.....did they ever clear up that mess with your sister?

Kind of. The police basically said they don't care that much about that particular thing she did in the grand scheme of her rap sheet. I think in her messed up brain, she really didn't think it was a problem because she was only a witness so in her mind it wasn't causing me any trouble. She is starting court mandated rehab in a few weeks.

I wonder how a court mandated anything will work. I would think she would have to want to change for it to be effective.

Yes this. I think the change needs to come from within!
  • riderfangal
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    I confess that about 2/3 of my desk (it's a big U shape) is currently covered in paperwork that I have to complete on my employees annually, mainly competency assessments and mid-year reviews (they changed the formatting so we're a little behind this year). I could make it all tuck away nicely and get it out as I need it...but I look so much busier this way. >:)

Mine is all tucked away in boxes under my desk because I got tired of looking at it.

That is where mine is too!!
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Wow, all of these are fun to read!! And it's good to see that I'm not the only one. I have to admit that I've been guilty of eating after midnight and counting it for the next day and if it's right before my monthly cycle, I can be found eating everything in sight. It once was an entire bad of chocolate chips, felt sick for days.

Okay, of ALL the confessions we've heard in here, this one is, I think, the most confusing to me. IF you eat after midnight, IT IS THE NEXT DAY!!! Why wouldn't you count it as such?! I'm so baffled by this. :/

i count anything before I go to sleep as one day and anything after I wake up is the next day, regardless of where midnight falls.

• Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    sorry, i'm a few pages behind, crazy busy at work, but i just need to put this one out there

*post date update*

first date #9

last nights first date entered into new uncharted territory for me! how exciting!

met the dude at a local establishment, but even though it was local i had never been there and wasn't familiar with the layout. this is slightly to my detriment because he arrives prior to me and the seat that was open next to him,there was a giant tv right above my head. swell.

normally this wouldn't be an issue, we're supposed to be there trying to get to know each other, but then he keeps looking up at the tv and making comments. what am i supposed to do? crane my neck around to try to see what the heck is going on? yeah, not so much.

so i'm trying to make nice casual small talk, but when he says anything it's really low and kinda mumbley, so i keep asking him to repeat himself and to please speak up. which he doesn't do.

talk about jobs, locations, hobbies, the norm. then apparently the story about the two women that were the first to go through some special military program pops up above my head. he makes a comnment on how he would like to go through something like that. i say well go for it then, and he goes into the whole just want the work outs and training and not be in the actually military.

which then insights the meltdown. he starts going into how he couldn't be in the military right now, especially not with the state our country is in and he's got a cousin in the secret service and we have no clue all the stuff that's really going on right now. and the government is trying to take our guns and blah blah blah. and anytime i would try to say anything to, you know, attempt a conversation, he would just talk over me and tell me how wrong i am about anything.

final nail in the coffin? he then says to me, "yeah you probably voted for obama" at this point i'm just done, i grab my cash off of the bar (i paid for my own beverages) and get up to leave, and he acts all put off, and says oh what you're leaving now? and i say Yup, as awesome has this as been, i'm done dealing with your craziness. and i left.

which you would think would be the end of the story, but oh no!
    i get home, pull out my phone and am welcomed with this gibberish:

"the only one crazy is u saying thst bout me im not into liberalism have nicelife ur wrongnim right ull see bye bye and ur rude lose my number thanks."

to which i kindly reply: "English. Try it sometime."

and then i got this: "yea ok ur so intelligent lol good bye listing try it sometime lose my number, have nice liberal life"

that was all in the span of 45 minutes, first meeting til the end.
    after that, all of his stuff became, BLOCK BLOCK BLOCK

Whaaaaat?! Wow someone is from crazy town! His name wasn't Dave was it? Because we have told you about this...
  • riderfangal
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    sorry, i'm a few pages behind, crazy busy at work, but i just need to put this one out there

*post date update*

first date #9

last nights first date entered into new uncharted territory for me! how exciting!

met the dude at a local establishment, but even though it was local i had never been there and wasn't familiar with the layout. this is slightly to my detriment because he arrives prior to me and the seat that was open next to him,there was a giant tv right above my head. swell.

normally this wouldn't be an issue, we're supposed to be there trying to get to know each other, but then he keeps looking up at the tv and making comments. what am i supposed to do? crane my neck around to try to see what the heck is going on? yeah, not so much.

so i'm trying to make nice casual small talk, but when he says anything it's really low and kinda mumbley, so i keep asking him to repeat himself and to please speak up. which he doesn't do.

talk about jobs, locations, hobbies, the norm. then apparently the story about the two women that were the first to go through some special military program pops up above my head. he makes a comnment on how he would like to go through something like that. i say well go for it then, and he goes into the whole just want the work outs and training and not be in the actually military.

which then insights the meltdown. he starts going into how he couldn't be in the military right now, especially not with the state our country is in and he's got a cousin in the secret service and we have no clue all the stuff that's really going on right now. and the government is trying to take our guns and blah blah blah. and anytime i would try to say anything to, you know, attempt a conversation, he would just talk over me and tell me how wrong i am about anything.

final nail in the coffin? he then says to me, "yeah you probably voted for obama" at this point i'm just done, i grab my cash off of the bar (i paid for my own beverages) and get up to leave, and he acts all put off, and says oh what you're leaving now? and i say Yup, as awesome has this as been, i'm done dealing with your craziness. and i left.

"the only one crazy is u saying thst bout me im not into liberalism have nicelife ur wrongnim right ull see bye bye and ur rude lose my number thanks."

and then i got this: "yea ok ur so intelligent lol good bye listing try it sometime lose my number, have nice liberal life"

Whaaaaat?! Wow someone is from crazy town! His name wasn't Dave was it? Because we have told you about this...

Haha you almost made me spit my coffee out :)
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options

*post date update*

first date #9

Maybe it's time for a dating hiatus?

See when I was doing online (POF, that how I met the mancreature) I went into with no expectations and a get away plan. I made a lot of great friends during the "dates" some of whom I am still friends with and know that nothing will ever happen. Just stop looking, that's my advice as weird as it sounds. Go with the flow and enjoy the ride.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Hi everyone!! There has been 1,788 posts since I left I love you all and I'll try my best to catch up but no promises! I've missed this thread and the batcave and all of you tons! I had the BEST trip of my life!! Took tons of pictures I'll post a few in the batcave, so happy to be back and hope things are going well for everyone <3

I read this whole thing as if you did it in one breath without pauses. You sounded pretty excited. Ha ha ha
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Hi everyone!! There has been 1,788 posts since I left I love you all and I'll try my best to catch up but no promises! I've missed this thread and the batcave and all of you tons! I had the BEST trip of my life!! Took tons of pictures I'll post a few in the batcave, so happy to be back and hope things are going well for everyone <3
    Welcome back! I'm so glad your trip was everything you'd hoped for.

• MoHousdon
    Options
    @LBuehrle8, we missed you oh so much, but so glad you're back. I'm enjoying all the pics in the batcave.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    I think the bugs in my pantry might be weevils... maybe young weevils. It looks like that's my best bet. I'm going to throw out everything tomorrow and wipe down my panty with vinegar and do a thorough cleaning. Will be following this post's advice: http://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-prevent-get-rid-of-grai-140955

I don't even want to get close to these things so I'm kind of freaking out right now. I don't particularly like tons of small creepy bugs.

Before we moved in together, my darlig other half's roommate once left a box of cereal open in their pantry, a fly turned it into a nest, and their kitchen/dining room/living room ended up covered in juvenile flies (I will avoid the M word because ew). They were mostly on the ceiling from climbing out of the pantry, but I made them trash EVERYTHING in the kitchen...and bleach the ceiling.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    SL 5x5 update. We did day 5 yesterday. I squatted 70 lbs., benched 55 lbs. (pretty easily), and rowed 55 lbs.
    Mr. Mo failed on his fifth rep of his 5th set of bench. He was pretty down about it, but I told him not to worry and just try again next time. Truth be told, he pushed himself too far too fast instead of following the program. I think he's getting pretty serious about us getting a power rack (or something) for the basement. He spent a considerably amount of time checking them out online last night.

I ate steak twice yesterday, and STILL didn't hit my protein goal. Not sure what was up with that, but the rest of my numbers looked AWESOME!!!

I am going to be really busy the rest of the day, so won't have much time to chat, but I hope you all have a wonderful Friday Eve!
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    I think the bugs in my pantry might be weevils... maybe young weevils. It looks like that's my best bet. I'm going to throw out everything tomorrow and wipe down my panty with vinegar and do a thorough cleaning. Will be following this post's advice: http://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-prevent-get-rid-of-grai-140955

I don't even want to get close to these things so I'm kind of freaking out right now. I don't particularly like tons of small creepy bugs.

Before we moved in together, my darlig other half's roommate once left a box of cereal open in their pantry, a fly turned it into a nest, and their kitchen/dining room/living room ended up covered in juvenile flies (I will avoid the M word because ew). They were mostly on the ceiling from climbing out of the pantry, but I made them trash EVERYTHING in the kitchen...and bleach the ceiling.

Other than a nest of spiders, that pretty much sounds like my worst nightmare. :s

*Makes mental note to throw away ALL OPEN BOXES OF CEREAL WHEN I GET HOME. GROSS!

• CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    I confess that about 2/3 of my desk (it's a big U shape) is currently covered in paperwork that I have to complete on my employees annually, mainly competency assessments and mid-year reviews (they changed the formatting so we're a little behind this year). I could make it all tuck away nicely and get it out as I need it...but I look so much busier this way. >:)

Mine is all tucked away in boxes under my desk because I got tired of looking at it.

Mine will be cleaned up and filed withing the next two weeks, and this actually makes it easier to match each piece for each person as I go. Everybody has their own pile, which will go into their file when completed. Ha.

ETA: Too much typing excitement led to extra words.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options

Other than a nest of spiders, that pretty much sounds like my worst nightmare. :s

*Makes mental note to throw away ALL OPEN BOXES OF CEREAL WHEN I GET HOME. GROSS!

I seal the cereal on a Ziploc bag and put that in the cereal box so the kids know what is GF. (read mom's expensive cereal)
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I'm actually feeling somewhat better today, thanks for all the well wishes! ❤️

I'm taking Raelynn to see some friends today, and we're probably going swimming in the pool where they're staying at right now. (They're having to stay in a hotel while their apartment complex is being renovated.) Just one last thing before it starts getting crazy next week! :)
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    In Africa, I once left a bag of chips in the kitchen open and unsealed, then my ex stuck his hand in the next day and ate a chip without looking...they were COVERED with ants.

I don't eat chips out the bag anymore for any reason. Scarred.