Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm popping in to try and catch up a bit. My mom is doing somewhat better, but still having issues. I sprained my ankle trying to help her carry stuff to her car. Yay! School starts for my kids on the 31st, so I'll have more time to devote to MFP very soon!

Glad your mom is doing a bit better.....did they ever clear up that mess with your sister?
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    sorry, i'm a few pages behind, crazy busy at work, but i just need to put this one out there

*post date update*

first date #9

last nights first date entered into new uncharted territory for me! how exciting!

met the dude at a local establishment, but even though it was local i had never been there and wasn't familiar with the layout. this is slightly to my detriment because he arrives prior to me and the seat that was open next to him,there was a giant tv right above my head. swell.

normally this wouldn't be an issue, we're supposed to be there trying to get to know each other, but then he keeps looking up at the tv and making comments. what am i supposed to do? crane my neck around to try to see what the heck is going on? yeah, not so much.

so i'm trying to make nice casual small talk, but when he says anything it's really low and kinda mumbley, so i keep asking him to repeat himself and to please speak up. which he doesn't do.

talk about jobs, locations, hobbies, the norm. then apparently the story about the two women that were the first to go through some special military program pops up above my head. he makes a comnment on how he would like to go through something like that. i say well go for it then, and he goes into the whole just want the work outs and training and not be in the actually military.

which then insights the meltdown. he starts going into how he couldn't be in the military right now, especially not with the state our country is in and he's got a cousin in the secret service and we have no clue all the stuff that's really going on right now. and the government is trying to take our guns and blah blah blah. and anytime i would try to say anything to, you know, attempt a conversation, he would just talk over me and tell me how wrong i am about anything.

final nail in the coffin? he then says to me, "yeah you probably voted for obama" at this point i'm just done, i grab my cash off of the bar (i paid for my own beverages) and get up to leave, and he acts all put off, and says oh what you're leaving now? and i say Yup, as awesome has this as been, i'm done dealing with your craziness. and i left.

which you would think would be the end of the story, but oh no!
    i get home, pull out my phone and am welcomed with this gibberish:

"the only one crazy is u saying thst bout me im not into liberalism have nicelife ur wrongnim right ull see bye bye and ur rude lose my number thanks."

to which i kindly reply: "English. Try it sometime."

and then i got this: "yea ok ur so intelligent lol good bye listing try it sometime lose my number, have nice liberal life"

that was all in the span of 45 minutes, first meeting til the end.
    after that, all of his stuff became, BLOCK BLOCK BLOCK

So, I must ask....what kind of screening do you do before meeting??? I am sorry you are having such bad luck, but I could not help but laugh at this one. What a loser!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    I had bad gym rage tonight! Some guy kept leaving the machines all sweaty and not wiping them down. This is the second guy I have seen like that in the last week and it was so gross!

There were other people peeving me too, but that guy was the worst!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Ugh, can I just go to bed now? I've been struggling all day. I feel like I've been run over by an 18 wheeler, and I have so much to do, but I can't bring myself to do it. Hubby told me to not even bother with cooking dinner tonight and we'll eat Wendy's instead. Total housewife/mom fail today...
    Just sit back and enjoy a well deserved Wendy's :wink:
    crosbylee wrote: »
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Thanks for all the birthday wishes for Charlie. We've had a manic party afternoon and I've just left, as I have to make the drive back to London tonight. He's had a brilliant day and is busy telling everyone he's 3.

That is so cute!!! Nowadays when my daughter meets new people, the first thing she says is 'I am five.'

My friend Heather's daughter is 4 and introduces herself, "My name is Maggie Lucille and I am a leader."

When I was 3-4 I introduced myself, "My name is Sawsan. S-A-W-S-A-N." To everyone. :p I was absolutely obsessed with my name being spelled right, apparently...

That is do cute. Is it an unusual name in Oman? And how is your back? Did you ever make it to the movies?

Well, I lived in the United States at the time, so it was an extremely rare name. ;) It's actually an uncommon name in Oman as well, but it's extremely common in Sudan (I know like... Three Sudani ladies with my name, and that's with my very limited social circle!) and fairly common in Saudi Arabia.

My back is finally starting to improve, and we went to Bahrain today! We saw Inside Out, and I LOVED it. It was amazing and super great! I didn't even need painkillers today, and that's with 5 hours in the car and two hours of sitting in the movie theater. :)

YAY!!! I'm so glad to hear your back is getting better!! I want to see Inside Out, too. I rarely go to the movies as it's such an expensive date here and I nearly always leave the theatre with a headache. I think I'm easily over-stimulated by loud audio and whatnot and it gives me a splitting headache. The last movie I saw in the theatre was... ummm.... Les Miserables a couple years ago. Heh... I'm a weirdo.

The last film I saw in the cinema was Les Misérables too! We can be weirdos together.

Last film I saw in a cinema was...The Other Boleyn Girl, about 10 years ago ! I hate going to the cinema. I'd rather sit in my pajamas, on my comfy sofa, with popcorn and drinks, with the ability to pause for wee breaks.

^This x 1000 for me! I :heart: Netflix. I'm so glad I'm not the only one! @spamarie @orangesmartie
    I'm kind of the opposite, I love going to the movies but I have a really hard time making myself watch something on the computer. I fidget and want to check websites, or do something physical. I've been trying to watch Fargo this week because the trailers for season 2 look interesting and it's becoming REALLY apparent.

The last thing I saw the free screening of Straight Outta Compton. It was a great movie and experience. I'm kinda miffed at the people who held the screening because they chose not to give out any t-shirts. I ran down the stairs as soon as the credits rolled with the hopes of getting one.

I like that I can access Netflix on our TV in the living room. The screen is great and it feels more like being at the movies. I hate the rude cellphone users, the people who bring very small children and expect they will be quiet for 2+ hours, the conversationalists who want to continue their convo while the movie is playing. At my house, I can tell them to leave the room.
    I completely understand. I'm okay with crappy audiences for appropriate movies, like trashy horror movies, but listening to someone try to sing along to a movie with a musical score can really get ya'. I'd definitely pirate more movies if I could sit still long enough to watch them at home.
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Where have @m1xm0d3 and @FluffySandwich been? They're both MIA...unless I've missed some posts??

@m1xm0d3 just posted on his wall that his grandmother had passed and that's why hes been MIA. In case any of you don't have him on your list.

Oh yikes! Ok, hadn't checked the home page in a bit so I missed his update! :(

@m1xm0d3 sorry about your loss:(.

Me too. Hugs!
    Yes. I hope things go as well as possible for you and family @m1xm0de3
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    I had bad gym rage tonight! Some guy kept leaving the machines all sweaty and not wiping them down. This is the second guy I have seen like that in the last week and it was so gross!

Yuck!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I gotta get in on page 1500!!! I can't believe we've kept this going for 1500 pages, yous guys!

I love you all, good day!

I keep meaning to ask have you seen the step daughter lately? How are things on that end?

She came over (for the first time in 3 weeks) last Thursday with her new boyfriend. I had NO idea she was coming because she didn't bother telling anyone beforehand. I was not up for having a house full of people after coming home from a major workout, so I separated myself from everyone as long as I could by taking a shower. My mother was also at my house when I got home. When I got out, my mom was gone, but SD and BF were still there, and stayed for a long time of which she never introduced me. I didn't really care I was just hungry and wanted them to leave so we could eat dinner and run our already scheduled errands.

I try not to talk about that relationship because it isn't much of one and I just get upset when I think about it too much. I do appreciate you asking though.

I realized the above statement made me sound like a total jerk, but she never lets us know she's coming so we can properly plan something, she just shows up with a tagalong.

I hate, hate, hate unexpected company especially when I am hungry or have things planned to do. She sounds like she hasn't changed any.

Sorry if I upset you with my asking. Just tell me to butt out lol

I hate unexpected company any time, even if I am just sitting around! If someone knocks on my door and I am not expecting anyone, I do not answer. In this day and age, if you cannot text or phone me to let me know you are coming, chances are I do not want to see you. I literally will let someone knock for half an hour and won't answer it.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Thanks for all the birthday wishes for Charlie. We've had a manic party afternoon and I've just left, as I have to make the drive back to London tonight. He's had a brilliant day and is busy telling everyone he's 3.

That is so cute!!! Nowadays when my daughter meets new people, the first thing she says is 'I am five.'

My friend Heather's daughter is 4 and introduces herself, "My name is Maggie Lucille and I am a leader."

When I was 3-4 I introduced myself, "My name is Sawsan. S-A-W-S-A-N." To everyone. :p I was absolutely obsessed with my name being spelled right, apparently...

That is do cute. Is it an unusual name in Oman? And how is your back? Did you ever make it to the movies?

Well, I lived in the United States at the time, so it was an extremely rare name. ;) It's actually an uncommon name in Oman as well, but it's extremely common in Sudan (I know like... Three Sudani ladies with my name, and that's with my very limited social circle!) and fairly common in Saudi Arabia.

My back is finally starting to improve, and we went to Bahrain today! We saw Inside Out, and I LOVED it. It was amazing and super great! I didn't even need painkillers today, and that's with 5 hours in the car and two hours of sitting in the movie theater. :)

YAY!!! I'm so glad to hear your back is getting better!! I want to see Inside Out, too. I rarely go to the movies as it's such an expensive date here and I nearly always leave the theatre with a headache. I think I'm easily over-stimulated by loud audio and whatnot and it gives me a splitting headache. The last movie I saw in the theatre was... ummm.... Les Miserables a couple years ago. Heh... I'm a weirdo.

The last film I saw in the cinema was Les Misérables too! We can be weirdos together.

Last film I saw in a cinema was...The Other Boleyn Girl, about 10 years ago ! I hate going to the cinema. I'd rather sit in my pajamas, on my comfy sofa, with popcorn and drinks, with the ability to pause for wee breaks.

^This x 1000 for me! I :heart: Netflix. I'm so glad I'm not the only one! @spamarie @orangesmartie
    I'm kind of the opposite, I love going to the movies but I have a really hard time making myself watch something on the computer. I fidget and want to check websites, or do something physical. I've been trying to watch Fargo this week because the trailers for season 2 look interesting and it's becoming REALLY apparent.

The last thing I saw the free screening of Straight Outta Compton. It was a great movie and experience. I'm kinda miffed at the people who held the screening because they chose not to give out any t-shirts. I ran down the stairs as soon as the credits rolled with the hopes of getting one.

I saw that yesterday and what an amazing movie! Also, whoever did the casting deserves and Oscar, I have never seen casting that amazing in my entire life!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options

I like that I can access Netflix on our TV in the living room. The screen is great and it feels more like being at the movies. I hate the rude cellphone users, the people who bring very small children and expect they will be quiet for 2+ hours, the conversationalists who want to continue their convo while the movie is playing. At my house, I can tell them to leave the room.

This is why I love afternoon movies! Yesterday, my show was 8% sold.....I usually go to the earliest movie I can....so I can use my cell phone and put my feet up without bothering anyone, lol.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Hi everyone!! There has been 1,788 posts since I left I love you all and I'll try my best to catch up but no promises! I've missed this thread and the batcave and all of you tons! I had the BEST trip of my life!! Took tons of pictures I'll post a few in the batcave, so happy to be back and hope things are going well for everyone <3
    Glad to see you back!

I don't understand how someone can leave equipment all sweaty like that. Even if they don't care about other people, don't they realize it will be completely disgusting the next time they work out?
    So... I picked up some muffin thingies in my pantry yesterday and saw that they had these tiny (REALLY tiny) bugs on them. I freaked and threw all of them away. Then I noticed that there were more crawling around in there. I started inspecting items in my pantry and found them on a couple more things. They are really hard to spot because they are so small. I would have thought they were just spilled spices or something if I hadn't noticed them moving.

Has anyone ever had this problem? I think I'm going to have to throw away EVERYTHING in my pantry... including my entire stock of spices, and I don't want to do that. I investigated them and don't SEE any bugs in there, but who knows? There could be eggs... ughh. I looked up advice and learned that most of the time these bugs are introduced into your home via goods that are not stored properly at the grocery store. :(
    Do they look like this? I had a problem with them back when I kept mealworms because they liked the oatmeal bedding. They're a big reason I'm really paranoid and try to keep all of my food in vacuum tubs. Maybe you can try a shelf liner with pesticides after everything is cleaned out?

• Italian_Buju
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Hi everyone!! There has been 1,788 posts since I left I love you all and I'll try my best to catch up but no promises! I've missed this thread and the batcave and all of you tons! I had the BEST trip of my life!! Took tons of pictures I'll post a few in the batcave, so happy to be back and hope things are going well for everyone <3

Glad to hear it! We missed you!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    So... I picked up some muffin thingies in my pantry yesterday and saw that they had these tiny (REALLY tiny) bugs on them. I freaked and threw all of them away. Then I noticed that there were more crawling around in there. I started inspecting items in my pantry and found them on a couple more things. They are really hard to spot because they are so small. I would have thought they were just spilled spices or something if I hadn't noticed them moving.

Has anyone ever had this problem? I think I'm going to have to throw away EVERYTHING in my pantry... including my entire stock of spices, and I don't want to do that. I investigated them and don't SEE any bugs in there, but who knows? There could be eggs... ughh. I looked up advice and learned that most of the time these bugs are introduced into your home via goods that are not stored properly at the grocery store. :(
    You do not know what kind of bugs they are? Can you take a photo to show us?
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Do they look like this? I had a problem with them back when I kept mealworms because they liked the oatmeal bedding. They're a big reason I'm really paranoid and try to keep all of my food in vacuum tubs. Maybe you can try a shelf liner with pesticides after everything is cleaned out?
    I can't tell, but I don't think so. They are really small and light brown but almost see-through. Are pesticides ok to have around food? Can you recommend a product to me?

You do not know what kind of bugs they are? Can you take a photo to show us?
    I'll try to find one again. I tried looking up pictures on Google but I couldn't find a match :(

Edit: I found one crawling around in my baking soda after much inspection, but I couldn't snap a picture of it because it dug its way down. I threw away the baking soda... which was on an entirely different shelf where I found the others. Looks like I do have to throw everything away. UGH. I can't seem to find any more, though! For some reason most of them were on my muffin liners.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    @pofoster21 How was your ride last night? Was that your first ride since being on restrictions?

It was! Thanks for asking! It was ok. I was a bit annoyed. It takes me an hour and twenty minutes to get there. I rush to get tacked up. Get into the ring. My instructor maybe teaches me 20 min, we take a break, she starts talking to someone and 15 minutes later Tex thinks he is done and it's now quarter to 9. She was like you can be done with that when I comment Tex thinks he is done (horses can get cranky if you start again after they think they are done) and we finish. So a whopping 20 min lesson. Then take care of horses, etc. and I am getting home at 11.

Then my contacts bothered me, I have vivid red eyes today, they hurt, so my head hurts so I skipped ride tonight and am in a dark room resting my eyes. Sort of. I couldn't resist checking on you all.

Sigh? Rant over. I will try again tomorrow!

That sounds more than a bit annoying... more like a total rip-off. Hope your next lesson lasts the full time slot.

I used to have the same issues with my contacts, a combination of working at a computer monitor all day, over-wearing my contacts (from the minute I got up until just before I went to bed) and apparently my eyes' decreasing tolerance for contact lenses in general. Even drops weren't helping.

I got Lasik. But I think it was you that mentioned you'd never have that done?

I just started having this issue with my contacts when I the kind I have worn for years were discontinued. I last a few days or maybe a week then one or the other eye starts to bother me. If I don't get them out immediately I end up with one or the other really red and painful this happened last night but I think it's when I pulled the contact out on the drive home that I may have really caused a problem. I think I may have gotten something in my eye. So instant agony. I barely made it home. I am sure I need a different brand, but I bought a years worth of these suckers so want to use them up.

I thought about LASIK but even though less than 1 percent have issues I am not really interested in risking it.
  • Oberon21
    Options

Super great news! Where did you live in the U.S.? I knew your mom was from here but not that you had lived here. And how old were you when you were here?

I lived there from age two until I was five, while my dad got his Bachelor's degree. We lived in St. Louis , but drove down to Florida several times to visit my grandparents. Both my older sister and my youngest brother were born there, while my brother and I (the middles :p) were born in Oman in between trips.

Think you'll ever come back? I know you said once you doubted it but you are very young.... You might enjoy it!

Honestly, I'm sure I would hate it. It would be a constant and unending panic attack for me--my husband got a scholarship from his company to study for his Master's degree in the United States and got accepted from three different institutions, but I panicked so horrifically about it that I had a three-month-long FND flare-up and failed the medical evaluation and the whole thing was cancelled. That's why he's studying here in Saudi Arabia instead--because of me. :-/

Aww that is too bad. I love to travel and see new places. Maybe someday you'll kick this anxiety issue and be able to visit. :)
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Hello everyone. I haven't been very active recently, but I have been reading along. Am struggling a bit at the moment, for no particular reason. I really need to get back to exercising, but seem to have mislaid my motivation.

Me too! Hopefully now that stitches are out and I am green lighted to exercise again I'll get my mojo back. Anything I can do to help?

Great to hear your stitches our out! Any big races coming up?

Ironman Wisconsin in 3 weeks. Yikes! Why why why don't I train?!!! (That procrastination piece I mentioned).

Ah! I am sure you'll do super great. I wonder if they give any cheese out during the race :D? You should rock a Cheese head hat!

Nope no cheese but I bet there will be spectators wearing them!
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm popping in to try and catch up a bit. My mom is doing somewhat better, but still having issues. I sprained my ankle trying to help her carry stuff to her car. Yay! School starts for my kids on the 31st, so I'll have more time to devote to MFP very soon!

Glad your mom is doing a bit better.....did they ever clear up that mess with your sister?

Kind of. The police basically said they don't care that much about that particular thing she did in the grand scheme of her rap sheet. I think in her messed up brain, she really didn't think it was a problem because she was only a witness so in her mind it wasn't causing me any trouble. She is starting court mandated rehab in a few weeks.
  • Oberon21
    Options

Kind of. The police basically said they don't care that much about that particular thing she did in the grand scheme of her rap sheet. I think in her messed up brain, she really didn't think it was a problem because she was only a witness so in her mind it wasn't causing me any trouble. She is starting court mandated rehab in a few weeks.

I wonder how a court mandated anything will work. I would think she would have to want to change for it to be effective.
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    I think the bugs in my pantry might be weevils... maybe young weevils. It looks like that's my best bet. I'm going to throw out everything tomorrow and wipe down my panty with vinegar and do a thorough cleaning. Will be following this post's advice: http://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-prevent-get-rid-of-grai-140955

I don't even want to get close to these things so I'm kind of freaking out right now. I don't particularly like tons of small creepy bugs.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I think the bugs in my pantry might be weevils... maybe young weevils. It looks like that's my best bet. I'm going to throw out everything tomorrow and wipe down my panty with vinegar and do a thorough cleaning. Will be following this post's advice: http://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-prevent-get-rid-of-grai-140955

I don't even want to get close to these things so I'm kind of freaking out right now. I don't particularly like tons of small creepy bugs.

I can't blame you. I would throw it all out too. I could never eat anything that had been in there including spices.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »

No wonder you haven't been back! That was the most boring, depressing film I've seen for years.

Blasphemy! I love a bit of Les Mis. Love Eddie Redmayne as Marius and even Anne Hathawy was bearable. Although I did find Russell Crowe a bit comedic, I appreciated the effort that went into it.

I can't sing for toffee so it's a pity that when I do try I tend to go for such beautiful songs and destroy them. And I can't remember lyrics. I mostly only sing in the car when alone as it seems like cruel and unusual punishment to inflict it on anyone else.

You can use this as a form of discipline of your future child.

This made me chuckle. And you're right, it probably will be.