Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Made it back to London waiting for a Chinese (oops). I'm always so gutted to leave Charlie, even though he exhausts me

@orangesmartie with how much you busted your butt this weekend with planning the party & spending time with Charlie you deserve your Chinese :).
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I consumed upwards of 5k calories in booze, BBQ, Pizza and more booze. And didn't log a thing. :drinker:

Nothing wrong with that once in a blue moon. Are you back on the wagon today?
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Thanks for all the birthday wishes for Charlie. We've had a manic party afternoon and I've just left, as I have to make the drive back to London tonight. He's had a brilliant day and is busy telling everyone he's 3.

That is so cute!!! Nowadays when my daughter meets new people, the first thing she says is 'I am five.'

My friend Heather's daughter is 4 and introduces herself, "My name is Maggie Lucille and I am a leader."

When I was 3-4 I introduced myself, "My name is Sawsan. S-A-W-S-A-N." To everyone. :p I was absolutely obsessed with my name being spelled right, apparently...

That is do cute. Is it an unusual name in Oman? And how is your back? Did you ever make it to the movies?

Well, I lived in the United States at the time, so it was an extremely rare name. ;) It's actually an uncommon name in Oman as well, but it's extremely common in Sudan (I know like... Three Sudani ladies with my name, and that's with my very limited social circle!) and fairly common in Saudi Arabia.

My back is finally starting to improve, and we went to Bahrain today! We saw Inside Out, and I LOVED it. It was amazing and super great! I didn't even need painkillers today, and that's with 5 hours in the car and two hours of sitting in the movie theater. :)

Sawsan wins the day! This is great news!
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    NSV...I recently started wearing two pairs of jeans that haven't fit in 3+ years! Yesterday the hubby and I were putting away clothes. He holds up a pair of the jeans by the waistband to fold them and asks if those were the jeans I mentioned the other day. I told him yes, he smiled, and said "Impressive"! I got this big cheesy grin on my face!

I think its really funny you and I posted this at the same time! And congratulations!

Congratulations to you too! Good luck on finding some pants you like!
    Congrats to the both of you on conquering those pants. ;)

One of my biggest regrets was giving my friend back a shirt he gave me a year before I started trying to lose because it was too small.

I'm sorry about to hear about your mom's Sadie @ShibaEars

@xLoveLikeWinterx It's great to hear that insurance will cover something! I just switched my Fitbit to maintain, but if you want to go at it more slowly, you can bump your calories by 100 or so a week until you stop losing.

@lilaclovebird I really hate what some coworkers can get away with. I hope you're able to sort everything out and give more time for yourself. Family is obviously important, but they need to understand that you also have your own life to live.

@KylerJaye I hope the next one turns out better.

@peleroja I feel ya on the not being too chatty. Things haven't been getting worse, but I've just been feeling kinda blech and would rather read or watch tv than be social. It definitely sounds like you'll do fine on your trip.

@raelynnsmama52512 Oh god, that is a lot on your plate. I hope it all goes well.

Ever since my sister became a teacher, I've tried to be a little more aware about those who serve the public, like folks in service, police, and paramedics. It's crazy how much some people are able do.
    Yesterday I consumed upwards of 5k calories in booze, BBQ, Pizza and more booze. And didn't log a thing. :drinker:
    Nice. :wink: I like to log days like these just so I can look back at what all I crammed in to my food hole.

Ditto to all of this. I thought of you all but don't have the time to type so thank you @spacequiztime!
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,409 Member
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    firstly, congrats to the NSV ladies!!! keep kickin butt!

and of course...

*post date update*

saturday evening.
    ok, so dude says he'll meet me at a local establishment (i'm going strong in keeping it in walking distance!), and it'll take him about 45 minutes to get there. ok, seeya soon!
    45 minutes comes and goes and dude is no where to be found.
    now he says his gps got him lost, making him almost a full half hour late. i'm thinking he just left his house later than he said and ended up late. six of one, half dozen of another....

dude says he's finally arrived, i walk over to the establishment, he's no where to be found. swell. send me a msg that he's at a different location and can't i just meet him there? umm...no. i gave him the directions to get from the place he's at to the originally agreed upon locale.

we go in, sit at the bar,i have a redds while he's sippin vodka crans after his original sweet tea vodka with iced tea order was denied (completely pointless detail, but i found it really amusing at the time).

so, sitting at the bar, the dude has basically no conversation skills. mind you i'm not the greatest conversationalist, but at least i try. so we're getting no where fast so i suggest we go play pool. and he says naw, i'm not really very good at it. seriously? so i say, well i'm not either, so we'll really get our monies worth with the length of the game. so at least at this point the random awkward silences are disguised.

dude was nice enough, but literally there was no chemistry what so ever. play two games of pool, have a few drinks, minor chit chat, it's gettin kinda late and he says he should probably get going so he doesn't fall asleep behind the wheel.

OK! BYE!

sigh...this blows...

:disappointed: Awww I'm sorry, keep trying though. It's a bit like job interviews, the failed ones are practise for Mr. Right :wink:
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    So there is a pretty major wildfire near my house. Luckily we have the river between our house and the fire. A coworker, however, had to evacuate yesterday and may lose his home. I've been thinking of, and praying for, him all day. His name is Dave, if anyone wants to chip in.

You got it, Dave is on the list. Fire is my fear. My neighbors' house burned in 30 minutes when I was 10 and years later my friend Teresa died in a house fire because the landlord (also a candidate for *kitten* of the year) had painted the windows shut.

W.o.w. How awful terrifying that must have been for her :cry:

I think it would have been, but she went back into the house for her son. She managed to throw her son over the beam that had fallen from the ceiling blocking the front door and I've always thought of her dying thinking what she always said. "I'd die for that kid." Timothy goes to school with my son and is doing very well after a couple of years of therapy.

Awww that's tragic. Her final act of heroism was saving her son, which I think any mother would do.
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    Thanks for all the birthday wishes for Charlie. We've had a manic party afternoon and I've just left, as I have to make the drive back to London tonight. He's had a brilliant day and is busy telling everyone he's 3.

That is so cute!!! Nowadays when my daughter meets new people, the first thing she says is 'I am five.'

My friend Heather's daughter is 4 and introduces herself, "My name is Maggie Lucille and I am a leader."

That's adorable. Hope that child becomes a CEO one day.

Thinking good-dog thoughts for Sadie, @ShibaEars, sending some relaxing post-party vives over to @orangesmartie, feeling proud of @pofoster21 for a major trouser victory, and hoping that @KylerJaye's bad-date luck turns around a bit.

I've read everything but I haven't been feeling super chatty lately, my apologies if I missed out replying to anyone else with a big victory or difficulty!

I'm still over here running up and down stairs and shrinking out of my darn clothes, but not much else is new in my world. We leave for Peru on September 5 and I think I'll be in good trekking shape as long as the altitude doesn't hit me too hard. I can manage up to 200 flights of stairs in one workout and I've done a few 5K runs at about 9:45 min/mile without really feeling winded, so I think 18 km days of hiking shouldn't be toooo challenging considering that I've done 14-15 km just with normal walking and the stair workout on a few different days.

Wow sounds like you have all your training under control! You'll be fine!
  • Lois_1989
    Options

That's adorable. Hope that child becomes a CEO one day.

Thinking good-dog thoughts for Sadie, @ShibaEars, sending some relaxing post-party vives over to @orangesmartie, feeling proud of @pofoster21 for a major trouser victory, and hoping that @KylerJaye's bad-date luck turns around a bit.

I've read everything but I haven't been feeling super chatty lately, my apologies if I missed out replying to anyone else with a big victory or difficulty!

I'm still over here running up and down stairs and shrinking out of my darn clothes, but not much else is new in my world. We leave for Peru on September 5 and I think I'll be in good trekking shape as long as the altitude doesn't hit me too hard. I can manage up to 200 flights of stairs in one workout and I've done a few 5K runs at about 9:45 min/mile without really feeling winded, so I think 18 km days of hiking shouldn't be toooo challenging considering that I've done 14-15 km just with normal walking and the stair workout on a few different days.

It's good to hear from you! Sounds like you're going to do fine on your trek trip.

I think Maggie Lucille may run the country one day, if she wants to. It's a bit exhausting to get her to listen when your plan (say for Sunday School) isn't the same as her plan. "Maggie, I know you are *a* leader, but in this room, I am *the* leader and we follow *my* plan." She makes quite convincing arguments that one should do it her way. There's never a dull moment in Heather's house.

Ha ha well it sounds encouraging! She will go far! But yes, I can see how that would be exhausting :#
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options

When I was 3-4 I introduced myself, "My name is Sawsan. S-A-W-S-A-N." To everyone. :p I was absolutely obsessed with my name being spelled right, apparently...

That is do cute. Is it an unusual name in Oman? And how is your back? Did you ever make it to the movies?

Well, I lived in the United States at the time, so it was an extremely rare name. ;) It's actually an uncommon name in Oman as well, but it's extremely common in Sudan (I know like... Three Sudani ladies with my name, and that's with my very limited social circle!) and fairly common in Saudi Arabia.

My back is finally starting to improve, and we went to Bahrain today! We saw Inside Out, and I LOVED it. It was amazing and super great! I didn't even need painkillers today, and that's with 5 hours in the car and two hours of sitting in the movie theater. :)

Super great news! Where did you live in the U.S.? I knew your mom was from here but not that you had lived here. And how old were you when you were here?
  • Oberon21
    Options

You rock!

Agreed! That is dedication!
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options

I can relate to this. My name is hyphenated (common in France - my mum is French). I was obsessed with making sure people were aware of this as a child. Not so common where I grew up (UK).

Also if you called me by only the first part of my name, I would make a point of ignoring you. I have two first names because I am a special snowflake, use them! It's the only time I ever got in trouble in school, due to a teacher repeatedly cutting off my hyphenated name so I never answered the register or anything. My mum told the teacher if you want her to answer you should call her by her name. My mum is a teacher too, that showed him!
  • spamarie
    Options
    Ugh I weighed myself this morning. Why did I do that? I knew I wasn't going to like what I saw.

I'm nearly 20 weeks pregnant with a fairly obvious bump now. I know logically I should be putting on weight. And I think most of the weight I've put on is bump- and boob-centric. I just worry I'm putting on too much, too fast. At this rate I will be enormous by the time I give birth. And I don't know how to slow it down since I've not been eating for two. Sure, my diet has relaxed from when I was losing weight before, but it's not terrible. It's all very well the midwife saying just don't put on weight too fast, but I have no idea how to actually apply that in real life.

I'm finding it hard to adjust to my body changing so fast since I didn't have a bump at all 4 weeks ago, and now none of my clothes fit. Takes me 4 attempts to get dressed every morning as even the stuff that fits just irritates me. I'm waiting for this supposed 2nd trimester bloom to start...

I'm having a woe-is-me day. I'm happy to be pregnant really. Thanks for putting up with my rant!
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    Ugh I weighed myself this morning. Why did I do that? I knew I wasn't going to like what I saw.

I'm nearly 20 weeks pregnant with a fairly obvious bump now. I know logically I should be putting on weight. And I think most of the weight I've put on is bump- and boob-centric. I just worry I'm putting on too much, too fast. At this rate I will be enormous by the time I give birth. And I don't know how to slow it down since I've not been eating for two. Sure, my diet has relaxed from when I was losing weight before, but it's not terrible. It's all very well the midwife saying just don't put on weight too fast, but I have no idea how to actually apply that in real life.

I'm finding it hard to adjust to my body changing so fast since I didn't have a bump at all 4 weeks ago, and now none of my clothes fit. Takes me 4 attempts to get dressed every morning as even the stuff that fits just irritates me. I'm waiting for this supposed 2nd trimester bloom to start...

I'm having a woe-is-me day. I'm happy to be pregnant really. Thanks for putting up with my rant!

What's a 2nd trimester bloom? Could you find some sort of chart or information on roughly how much weight you should gain? I feel for you, I hate vague advice.
  • spamarie
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »

What's a 2nd trimester bloom? Could you find some sort of chart or information on roughly how much weight you should gain? I feel for you, I hate vague advice.

The advice for someone whose BMI is overweight is to gain 15-25 pounds at most. I'm already at 15 pounds gained and only halfway through the pregnancy, and you put on more towards the end, so I feel like I'll easily blow 25 pounds out of the park. In my defense, I've always felt like BMI as a measure of 'overweightness' is a bit rubbish. As a shorty my BMI always struck me as very high for my size. It was about 28 when I was a UK 12. I got down to a UK size 10 once and it was still about 26. Even so, if I put on another 15-20 pounds in the next 20 weeks, which I feel I could very easily do at my current rate, it will be 'too much' according to the NHS.

The advice seems to assume I am currently eating nothing but cake and chips and double portions at that. I'm not. I know not to eat for two, and I know what healthy eating looks like - I lost weight healthily before getting pregnant. Your hormones go crazy and your metabolism changes during pregnancy and what worked before does not work the same way now. I'm trying to not let it bother me and go with the flow but it's not easy.

I guess in summary, I just dislike feeling out of control and out of sync with my body. Better get used to it I guess!
  • Oberon21
    edited August 2015
    Options

Aww sorry. I have never been pregnant so can offer absolutely no advice. Hope you feel better soon and that the weight gain slows a bit. To use a cliché it will all be worth it in the end!
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options

Super great news! Where did you live in the U.S.? I knew your mom was from here but not that you had lived here. And how old were you when you were here?

I lived there from age two until I was five, while my dad got his Bachelor's degree. We lived in St. Louis , but drove down to Florida several times to visit my grandparents. Both my older sister and my youngest brother were born there, while my brother and I (the middles :p) were born in Oman in between trips.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options

You rock!

Ditto! @peleroja your trip is coming up so soon! I cannot wait to see pictures :).
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options

I can relate to this. My name is hyphenated (common in France - my mum is French). I was obsessed with making sure people were aware of this as a child. Not so common where I grew up (UK).

Also if you called me by only the first part of my name, I would make a point of ignoring you. I have two first names because I am a special snowflake, use them! It's the only time I ever got in trouble in school, due to a teacher repeatedly cutting off my hyphenated name so I never answered the register or anything. My mum told the teacher if you want her to answer you should call her by her name. My mum is a teacher too, that showed him!

lol! I was the same as a young child, very stubborn about that sort of thing. I wasn't just obsessed with the spelling of my own name, though--I always corrected everyone's spelling of my entire family's names. :p I was an excellent speller, and even decided when I was six (in Oman) that our (uneducated) housemaid absolutely had to learn to spell. I gave her spelling words to learn and spelling tests, and yelled at her when she got anything wrong. :D
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options

lol! I was the same as a young child, very stubborn about that sort of thing. I wasn't just obsessed with the spelling of my own name, though--I always corrected everyone's spelling of my entire family's names. :p I was an excellent speller, and even decided when I was six (in Oman) that our (uneducated) housemaid absolutely had to learn to spell. I gave her spelling words to learn and spelling tests, and yelled at her when she got anything wrong. :D

LOL!

Now that's funny:). *Takes away Susie's rulers*

What cracks me up is when someone has an easy name & either someone misspells it or says it wrong.
  • spamarie
    Options

Obvious name spelling is one of my main baby name choosing criterion! Not only is my name hyphenated, but there are various acceptable spellings. I am forever spelling it out. I'm picking a name with one obvious spelling and sticking to it. Maybe the kid won't be quite so obsessed as I am that way!