Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    Concord Grapes (Blue grapes) are officially in season! I am excited and scared about it because I love them and binge eat them when they are in season lol

... I never even knew blue grapes existed. Are they REALLY blue?!

They actually look like this and have this tangy tart taste to them. :smiley:
    8394wvg8jljh.jpg

And they would be wonderful if they didnt have seeds :(
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Oh, well, I'm 47 which probably sounds ancient to you young'uns. I promise it comes around surprisingly quickly. I certainly don't feel old, but I guess the driver's licence says otherwise.

I'm 46 so you'll just have to be my cool friend. :)
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Shameless SPD mom brag moment:

Raelynn did so good at the pool today!!!!

She freaked out a little at first, but I backed off and let her go at her own pace, and she LOVED it!!! She's been talking about how she went swimming all day lol. We had to cut the fun short because it started raining and looking a little stormy but she enjoyed herself. I'm so proud of my big girl! ❤️

Excellent!!!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Sons updates!

Son #1 has a job interview tomorrow. Please send him positive vibes. It actually sounds like a nice little first job. I hope so much he can present himself well.

Son #2 I took him to the doctor to get antibiotics for his raging ingrown toenail infection. He has a podiatrist appointment next week to get it resected (sp?) but they won't do it if it's still infected. Hoping the meds will improve it enough - I want him to be all done before he goes back to school the following week.

Positive vibes coming his way!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Oh, well, I'm 47 which probably sounds ancient to you young'uns. I promise it comes around surprisingly quickly. I certainly don't feel old, but I guess the driver's licence says otherwise.

I am turning the big 4-0 on my next birthday.....it certainly does come fast!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »

I admit you're technically old enough to be my (teen) mom, but my actual mom is in her 60s and most of my friends are in their later 30s, so you definitely would fall more into "older-sister" than "mom" category :smiley:
    Yay! My own mum was a young mum. She was married at 17, had my sister at 19 and me at 23. I liked having young parents.

Another with younger parents- my dad is 55 and mom is 54, they're still young to me! <3

I am the youngest of 4. My dad is 82. My mother passed away almost 20 years ago. They were both in their 30s when I was born.

• ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    My SO left for work today and will be gone for the next 14 days. This has been the routine for as long as I've known him but I never get used to it. *sigh*

Fortunately he took me out for lunch today and I had a nice wholesome veggie omelette, because I have been rather hopeless at feeding myself supper, which has consisted of:

133 grams of cottage cheese (off to a great start)
    a kiwi (going along well)
    about a tablespoon of leftover wild blueberries (still okay)
    about a quarter of a tube of leftover cheddar Pringles (going downhill rapidly)
    half a toffee KitKat bar (aargghhhhhh!)

I might have to officially call this Eat Like a Kid Day. Actually, until I got to the KitKat, it was all leftovers... there's some merit in using those up, right?

Think I'll poach myself a couple of eggs so my protein isn't abysmally low, and maybe feel like a grown-up again.
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Hey friends... stopping in to say hello and thanks for the condolences and PM's I received. My grandmother did pass. She was 89, almost 90 and lived a great life and was at peace with herself and a servant of the Lord so we celebrated her life as she would have us do.
    I hope everyone is doing well and that Kelly is getting her walks in, Mo is getting her 5x5 in, Buehrle had a great time across the pond and Pofoster is getting her cute shoe photos in! :wink: And everyone else of course. I hope to be all caught up tomorrow so I can be a little more active here.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options

I admit you're technically old enough to be my (teen) mom, but my actual mom is in her 60s and most of my friends are in their later 30s, so you definitely would fall more into "older-sister" than "mom" category :smiley:
    Yay! My own mum was a young mum. She was married at 17, had my sister at 19 and me at 23. I liked having young parents.

Another with younger parents- my dad is 55 and mom is 54, they're still young to me! <3

My dad was older than your dad is now when I was born, lol.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

Your parents are younger than my oldest brother. (And the second brother is your dad's age.)
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    Concord Grapes (Blue grapes) are officially in season! I am excited and scared about it because I love them and binge eat them when they are in season lol

... I never even knew blue grapes existed. Are they REALLY blue?!

They actually look like this and have this tangy tart taste to them. :smiley:
    8394wvg8jljh.jpg

And they would be wonderful if they didnt have seeds :(

I've never thought of them as really seedish seeds... they're softer than regular grape seeds, totally chewable.

I used to love squeezing Concord grapes and all the innards pop right out of the skin. One of the few foods that I actually play with.
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Hey friends... stopping in to say hello and thanks for the condolences and PM's I received. My grandmother did pass. She was 89, almost 90 and lived a great life and was at peace with herself and a servant of the Lord so we celebrated her life as she would have us do.
    I hope everyone is doing well and that Kelly is getting her walks in, Mo is getting her 5x5 in, Buehrle had a great time across the pond and Pofoster is getting her cute shoe photos in! :wink: And everyone else of course. I hope to be all caught up tomorrow so I can be a little more active here.

I'm so sorry for your loss.
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »

Nice to have you back!
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    Sons updates!

Son #1 has a job interview tomorrow. Please send him positive vibes. It actually sounds like a nice little first job. I hope so much he can present himself well.

Son #2 I took him to the doctor to get antibiotics for his raging ingrown toenail infection. He has a podiatrist appointment next week to get it resected (sp?) but they won't do it if it's still infected. Hoping the meds will improve it enough - I want him to be all done before he goes back to school the following week.

Yes, thinking of him.
  • ejb06070
    ejb06070 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Today I was pumping gas and some guy was awkwardly staring at me. I felt totally uncomfortable, but happy at the same time that I wasn't being stared at because my stomach was hanging out of my shirt or my plate of food was making those around me worry if a heart attack could ever be contagious =/ I knew he was staring because he found me attractive, which was nice, but still creepy.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    I had a really good breakfast - natural yoghurt mixed with homegrown raspberries. Yum!

Then I ate chocolate buttons all morning. Oh well.

I have salad and quiche for lunch, hopefully we can salvage today!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Sons updates!

Ditto.
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Deleted
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I'll delete my reply as it's still within the time
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options

Careful now, you are only two years ahead of me!!! We are by no means ancient, well aged maybe, but not ancient.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I made strawberry jam the other day, and now have my attempt at clotted cream in the slow cooker. If it works, I shall be baking scones tomorrow. I think I need an intervention.
    kpmj49wau1ws.gif

I think I need to come over...