Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I am in an unusually good mood today. Even for a Friday. Maybe it was the donut, or the smoked pork (sorry pof) I had a little bit ago, but regardless, I'm feeling really good today, and I hope someone doesn't piss me off and ruin it.

I hope it continued to be a good day!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    @Tubbs216 How did your son's job interview go? Fingers crossed it went well for him!!
    Thank you so much for asking - I just sat down to catch up!
    It's hard to tell how it went - he's not very good at talking things like that through. He had to do a math and English test, because as I think I mentioned before, although it's entry level, it's a 'proper' job (not a McJob). He would have done well on the English, but might have struggled a bit on the math as that's not a strength. I guess we'll just wait and see now. Worst case, at least he got some interview experience!

My daughter saw the gynecologist this morning, who said that the results of her ultrasound were completely normal which was good (but surprising) news. She said that the BC pill that our family doctor had prescribed wasn't a good choice for a patient with very heavy periods, and wants her to try another one which has a higher progesterone dosage. My daughter said she'll give it a try, but if it doesn't help she wants an IUD. Dr was fine with that. So we'll see how the next month goes...

Other son is taking his antibiotics for his ghastly ingrown toenail. He's prone to them, as are a few people in our family. He already had his other big toenail partially resected for the same reason. The podiatrist we're seeing did the last one and didn't hold back on the freezing, so once the first shot's done it shouldn't be too traumatic. (Easy for me to say as it's not my toe! :# )

Wow lot going on! Glad you are jumping back in and catching up. Good luck with all of the above!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    ejb06070 wrote: »
    Today I was pumping gas and some guy was awkwardly staring at me. I felt totally uncomfortable, but happy at the same time that I wasn't being stared at because my stomach was hanging out of my shirt or my plate of food was making those around me worry if a heart attack could ever be contagious =/ I knew he was staring because he found me attractive, which was nice, but still creepy.
    I completely understand. There are a too many stories of people being attacked for me to feel comfortable with creeps. The worst thing was when I started losing weight but still had an "ample" butt. Creepy older men at the dollar store would start trying to talk to me. :s
    My sister was always very pear-shaped. One day an older man stopped her on the street and said "Madam, you have glorious buttocks!" and went on his way (imagine in posh English accent). She couldn't decide whether to be offended or flattered.

I confess I would die! And I don't get the butt fascination but the Kardashians and JLo has made a fortune off it!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Oh, well, I'm 47 which probably sounds ancient to you young'uns. I promise it comes around surprisingly quickly. I certainly don't feel old, but I guess the driver's licence says otherwise.

Careful now, you are only two years ahead of me!!! We are by no means ancient, well aged maybe, but not ancient.

EXCUSEE ME???? I am 47. And feel/act 25. Its just a number. And a lot more $ at the hairdresser!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Darn only got to the batcave and page 1509 gotta run. Will continue catching up later.
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    @Tubbs216 and @riderfangal I hope this wasn't close to you yesterday!!

sdsgjlin95t0.jpg

I don't think it was, my friend on fb was kind of vague except it was Alberta and he was on the yellowhead.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    @Glinda1971 I just got frozen through from simply LOOKING at that photo...*shivers*
  • 1crvygrl
    1crvygrl Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I don't even want to think about snow and cold yet. Though when it gets cold we heat our house with a wood stove right in the living room, so it will be toasty inside.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    I am in an unusually good mood today. Even for a Friday. Maybe it was the donut, or the smoked pork (sorry pof) I had a little bit ago, but regardless, I'm feeling really good today, and I hope someone doesn't piss me off and ruin it.
    Great! Enjoy it. I've just eaten two warm scones with my homemade clotted cream (recipe in Batcave - too good to not share!) and strawberry jam, and that's also given me a rather nice sense of well-being. Have a great weekend!

I want a scone!!
    If I throw it hard enough, will it get to you?

Can you throw hard enough to make it to Kansas?! I love scones and strawberry jam. I have no idea what clotted cream is, but I'm sure I'd love it too.

Also, thanks, you have a great weekend too!

Do you think they would arrive more easily if she clicked two scones together three times while saying, "There's no place like home!"?

I just choked on my drink. Superbly hilarious. :)
  • CountessKitteh
    Options
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    Oh gosh - forgot to say @Tubbs216 - You must be so proud of your oldest for going through with such a grown up interview! I hope he gets the job.

Great news that your daughter's tests came back normal! Excellent!

I must admit that the name "clotted cream" makes me gag. I have this horrible aversion to milk specifically because it gets all clumpy and sooooo groooosssss when it starts to spoil. So "clotted cream" translates into "rotten nasty milk" for me.

The worst part is that I've never actually tried clotted cream, as it's not a thing here in the US. I bet I'd LOVE it if I tried it elsewhere AND if they didn't tell me that's what I was eating. Just call it... ummm... buttery pudding... or sweetened cream.... or... well, anything but "clotted". Hee hee
    Yes, I think that reaction is quite common! Regarding availability in N America, I read around a lot when I was looking for a recipe to try, and there were SO MANY Americans looking for some way to replicate the fabulous cream they'd had when visiting the UK. It surprises me that nobody has started marketing it over here - apart from the nasty bottled stuff, which doesn't compare to fresh.

Thanks for your thoughts about my kids. You're very sweet. :)

For those of you with access to a Wegmans, they carry several imported varieties of clotted cream! And Devon cream? I have no idea if that's different. Too busy wondering why I don't have scones right now.
  • CountessKitteh
    Options
    Currently in a café awaiting my vegetarian fry up and downing orange juice. Not a single calorie will be counted

I always assume that since I lost a whole bunch of calories from the day before, that hangover food doesn't count.
  • CountessKitteh
    Options
    NSV: I was able to NOT eat my weight in bread at an Italian restaurant last night.

Confession: I totally got dessert instead.
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Confession: I am totally Watching my life fall apart (again, yawn) and I'm doing absolutely nothing to stop it. In fact I've buggered off to drink coffee and read my book.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    NSV: I was able to NOT eat my weight in bread at an Italian restaurant last night.

Confession: I totally got dessert instead.

Well done!

Carbs are my weakness reason for living. The heck with protein, go straight to bread/pasta/dessert.

It's no surprise how I went through most of my life with very little muscle.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    Currently in a café awaiting my vegetarian fry up and downing orange juice. Not a single calorie will be counted

On the few occasions that I was ever hung over, orange juice was my go-to cure... must be the restorative effects of potassium.
    Confession: I am totally Watching my life fall apart (again, yawn) and I'm doing absolutely nothing to stop it. In fact I've buggered off to drink coffee and read my book.

Nothing wrong with a little escapism now and then. Sometimes doing nothing IS a choice.
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    So, I just finished planning out the rest of this month and September. I've totally lost it lol. I'm definitely going to enjoy this one last peaceful weekend before everything goes to hell and hectic again. That's just September with my school, Raelynn's school, tax school (one of them) for work, and all the appointments coming up this month and in September. I'm gonna need all the luck and coffee I can get!

r596xmtqqqpp.jpg

I am highly impressed with your organizational skills! You may not have much time for you MFP friends in Sept! Good luck!

Thank you! I've read that organization can really help with ADD/ADHD symptoms, some how or another. I have a bad habit of starting out relatively organized and then over time not staying that way. I'm hoping I can do better and not get so overwhelmed this time.

And I'll always make time for my MFP friends! ;)
  • saraherren
    saraherren Posts: 59 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Confession: I went out drinking last night and got so drunk I kissed a man (that I know) who is old enough to be my dad. More than once.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    @Tubbs216 and @riderfangal I hope this wasn't close to you yesterday!!

sdsgjlin95t0.jpg

I don't think it was, my friend on fb was kind of vague except it was Alberta and he was on the yellowhead.

It was further west than any of us Albertans live, I think. Still, brrrrrr! It was cold here yesterday for sure.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Great! Enjoy it. I've just eaten two warm scones with my homemade clotted cream (recipe in Batcave - too good to not share!) and strawberry jam, and that's also given me a rather nice sense of well-being. Have a great weekend!

I want a scone!!
    If I throw it hard enough, will it get to you?

Can you throw hard enough to make it to Kansas?! I love scones and strawberry jam. I have no idea what clotted cream is, but I'm sure I'd love it too.

Also, thanks, you have a great weekend too!

Do you think they would arrive more easily if she clicked two scones together three times while saying, "There's no place like home!"?

I just choked on my drink. Superbly hilarious. :)

YAY, someone got my reference! :D Nobody else seemed to get it. *sigh*
  • 1crvygrl
    1crvygrl Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I just had some cotton candy grapes...YUM! I wish they'd been on sale.