Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    Well after typing that confession, I suddenly feel a little motivated. Think I'm gonna go to the gym after all!

And this thread serves no useful purpose... HA!
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Well after typing that confession, I suddenly feel a little motivated. Think I'm gonna go to the gym after all!

:)
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    My niece did something so hilarious today that made me think of this thread.

My youngest niece came over to her mom today & asked for Chocolate Milk. My sister went over & got the milk & the powder & my niece threw the hugest fit. What did she want? She just wanted the powder in the glass & then threw herself on the floor & had a huge fit. Needless to say she didn't get her own way.

I was happy that today I fit in Chipotle (steak burritos yum) & a whole pint of frozen yogurt.

Ha! That's awesome!!
    And I LOVE Chipotle!! I haven't had it in well over a year though! Not sure why...we just never think to go there when we get food. That should change soon!! Awesome job fitting that AND frozen yogurt!! Winnnn!!!!!!

I love Chipotle too. Mmmmm mmmmmm.

Chipotle is a huge reason I got fat buuuut I still eat it! Just not in such large quantities anymore! Haha <3

We don't have that in Canada, is it Mexican food?
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    atiana19 wrote: »
    confession yes I sometimes take a bite of something amazing and spit it out when I realize its totally not worth the calories lol

No judgment for spitting it out, but if it was amazingly good, it would be worth the calories.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    It's that time of year again. :/

I hope everyone makes it through okay in school and work!

The good news is half of my kids went back on the third. Only college started today, but I'll take the good wishes.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    My niece did something so hilarious today that made me think of this thread.

My youngest niece came over to her mom today & asked for Chocolate Milk. My sister went over & got the milk & the powder & my niece threw the hugest fit. What did she want? She just wanted the powder in the glass & then threw herself on the floor & had a huge fit. Needless to say she didn't get her own way.

I was happy that today I fit in Chipotle (steak burritos yum) & a whole pint of frozen yogurt.

Ha! That's awesome!!
    And I LOVE Chipotle!! I haven't had it in well over a year though! Not sure why...we just never think to go there when we get food. That should change soon!! Awesome job fitting that AND frozen yogurt!! Winnnn!!!!!!

I love Chipotle too. Mmmmm mmmmmm.

Chipotle is a huge reason I got fat buuuut I still eat it! Just not in such large quantities anymore! Haha <3

We don't have that in Canada, is it Mexican food?
    Yup! You can pick a protein, beans, rice, and so on to make tacos, a burrito, or a bowl.
    @spacequiztime and @kellyjellybellyjelly I'm even excited for the trip to Red Lobster. He's at 288 right now so I have a bit of time.

I told my sister, the one with diabetes, about MFP and she hasn't been keeping up with it. Thankfully with the summer though, she has lost some weight and her doctor has noted some improvement in her kidney function. I would LOVE for her to get in on the group but we'll have to see. I know she would probably have a field day with the super great recipes thread! She's an excellent cook.

You really have to keep on top of that. Does she try and keep her blood sugar level, or is she more lackadaisy about it? Kidney function is affected so easy, I have a friend dealing with that now. Thankfully (luckily), even with one kidney, my function has been fine thus far, but it is scary and I get it checked four times a year. Has she been diabetic long?
    My dad has been diagnosed as diabetic maybe around a year ago, and my mom was recently diagnosed as prediabetic. Neither of them have been really staying on top of anything and it just worries me...

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    My 18 year old (Son 1) started college today with scholarships to cover it all. This is the one with autism. I am a proud mama today.

Well done, Son#1! And you have every justification for being a proud mama, that's very impressive!

He is not impressed with his English class. Apparently, the professor made them do get to know you group activities and he has a paper due on Sunday. I'll have to stay on him to finish that in time for me to edit... all of my kids need an editor. They are either good at grammar and atrocious at spelling or just the opposite.

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    noway45 wrote: »
    Week 3 sucks! I'm tired and I'm hungry. I need some chocolate.

Have the chocolate. Deprivation leads to failure. I'd rather be 100 calories over goal occasionally than binge on a chocolate milkshake later.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    My 18 year old (Son 1) started college today with scholarships to cover it all. This is the one with autism. I am a proud mama today.
    Fantastic achievement! Well done to him, and to you too!

Agreed! What is he going to major in?

Network engineering. He plans to get an associates, a job, and then a bachelors degree. He is very big on no student loans. He could probably do the bachelors on the scholarships he has now, but that's his decision to make. I am only here to encourage (and edit papers as needed).

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options

Exactly!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    How wonderful for the both of you! I hope he has a great time.
    99 degrees in Dallas. At least it doesn't feel too humid. Run tonight will be fun! I also forgot the black camisole to wear under my shirt so have to make the driver stop at a store to buy something. My shirt for tomorrow has a plunging neckline. Unless I want my coworkers to see my bra tomorrow need to stop!!!
    Be thankful you didn't have to come around July or August! I checked the Houston subreddit for specifics, and it was 104 degrees only 13 days ago.

Ick. Isn't it August? Or did I lose a month? :wink:
    :laugh: I'm so over the weather, I skipped this week!

Ha! Suiting up before I lose my motivation. It is hot!

Back! Wasn't too bad. I have to get out at 5 am tomorrow to get a longer run in. I fly back late tomorrow and won't get home until like 1 in the am. Ick. I hate traveling at night.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    I'm so impressed! Go you!!

+1. Mondays are never gym days for me during the school year. I have Boy Scouts and Cub Scouts and homework wars with the nine year old. On Mondays his teachers send home all graded work from the prior week, some of which has to be corrected and sent back. It's like pulling teeth to get him to redo it. Tonight there was only one page that needed correcting, thank heavens.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    99 degrees in Dallas. At least it doesn't feel too humid. Run tonight will be fun! I also forgot the black camisole to wear under my shirt so have to make the driver stop at a store to buy something. My shirt for tomorrow has a plunging neckline. Unless I want my coworkers to see my bra tomorrow need to stop!!!
    Be thankful you didn't have to come around July or August! I checked the Houston subreddit for specifics, and it was 104 degrees only 13 days ago.

Now that's funny!!! Can I skip this week too... jury duty on Wednesday.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    I'm so impressed! Go you!!

+1. Mondays are never gym days for me during the school year. I have Boy Scouts and Cub Scouts and homework wars with the nine year old. On Mondays his teachers send home all graded work from the prior week, some of which has to be corrected and sent back. It's like pulling teeth to get him to redo it. Tonight there was only one page that needed correcting, thank heavens.
    Agree - homework is a slog for all involved. I'm only going to have one child in school this year - should be a walk in the park!
  • Tubbs216
    Options

Ooh, I hope that's ok. I've only been called once and I was ineligible, but I dread being called to a nasty case. :/
  • Tubbs216
    Options

Yes! Haha!
  • Tubbs216
    Options

Hmm might want to stop lol!!

Trip to walmart complete. Black camisole purchased. As well as some water so I don't have to spend 10 on a bottle at hotel to run with!
    Glad you got it figured out. I was going to suggest doing some creative skin doodling with a Sharpie. :)
  • Oberon21
    Options

Hmm might want to stop lol!!

Trip to walmart complete. Black camisole purchased. As well as some water so I don't have to spend 10 on a bottle at hotel to run with!
    Glad you got it figured out. I was going to suggest doing some creative skin doodling with a Sharpie. :)

That would have been interesting. I'll keep that in mind next time I forget my clothes!
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options

The last few times I've been called I have not been chosen. Years as a legal secretary followed by a PhD in chemistry.... they seem not to want me while I think I'd be excellent. Chemists are logical, used to looking at only the data presented (i.e. if the judge says not to consider something we wouldn't) and so on. The last time I was called in for jury duty the defense attorney spent a few minutes questioning me about my knowledge of a certain technique that I am very familar with. They planned to show some of that technique's results as evidence. I was not chosen - from what I can tell because I was too familiar with that technique. I didn't even get around to mentioning that I had taught a class in that techique. :wink:

So I hope you either get chosen or not, depending on what you want.

:smiley:
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    @spacequiztime and @kellyjellybellyjelly I'm even excited for the trip to Red Lobster. He's at 288 right now so I have a bit of time.

I told my sister, the one with diabetes, about MFP and she hasn't been keeping up with it. Thankfully with the summer though, she has lost some weight and her doctor has noted some improvement in her kidney function. I would LOVE for her to get in on the group but we'll have to see. I know she would probably have a field day with the super great recipes thread! She's an excellent cook.

You really have to keep on top of that. Does she try and keep her blood sugar level, or is she more lackadaisy about it? Kidney function is affected so easy, I have a friend dealing with that now. Thankfully (luckily), even with one kidney, my function has been fine thus far, but it is scary and I get it checked four times a year. Has she been diabetic long?

The diagnosis is recent but the family had a feeling for a while and her fiance finally got her to the doctor. She's always been overweight her whole life for some unknown reason. Everyone we've taken her to has checked her thyroid and it's fine. There's some underlying cause, but we don't know what it is.
    She tries hard to monitor and keep her sugars in line and gets to the doctor once a month. She's lost 18 pounds as of this last doctor appointment. I wish I still lived in Washington or for her to move down here to Texas, because I know with my mother and I by her side we could get her weight down and that would help a lot.

But she can't STAND the heat down here and her fiance refuses to leave his family, he could stand to lose a few pounds as well. They don't have much money up there and to move would be a huge undertaking for them, but I want them(mostly my sister) closer so I can help her.

I know it's just going to take some dedication on her part. She has some anxiety issues so getting out of the apartment to walk is scary for her. I almost want to buy her an exercise bike or something because she does have some of the motivation and I think she might use it, but finding a place for it in their apartment might be tricky.

@Susieq_1994 actually reminds me a lot of her. My sister can bake up a storm, let me tell ya. :wink: