Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    I wonder what the moderators who read through these things think of our thread at this point. I wonder if there are others out there that evolve like this one has? Just a random thought!

"oh, they are at it again. At least they really mean no judgment."
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    NSV - Finally got daughter into the weight room!!!! Yay. It was mostly older women, as in retired age women, an older man, a younger man and us. She did it and will return with me. The older women (3 of them) seemed to be taking a semi-private training session as the younger man moved among them gently giving them directions and telling them what exercise to do. It was great to see and they looked pretty fit!

That's great! And what a fun way to train those older ladies have found. I think I might have been intimidated by a personal.trainer when I first started. (Like I said, I went to spot for hubby and git bored.)

Nice! The ladies did seem to be having fun.

Just imagine all of us in a big weight room. We would be having a ball!

That would be so fun! Lifting together!

It would be the craziest mixture of absolute support, TMI, and talking smack! @m1xm0d3 would you be up for such a weight room?

But of course! :mrgreen:
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Confession: My new profile pic was taken as SOON as I woke up tonight and it is my 'I totally do NOT want to workout today' face.

Probably one of my most 'authentic' photos.
    There is also one of me from Christmas when I was 17, when I opened a gift, and it was my first rifle. The sheer joy on my goofy little face is so real. I think it looks horrible but it was my ex-husbands favorite photo of me.

Ooh, ah, oh, what kind of rifle? Mine was a Remington .22LR. Great little target rifle and good for keeping varmints out of the garden. (Yes, my grandmother cooked the varmints, she very clearly remembered the depression and everything we hunt, we eat.)

It was a Mossberg International Flex-22. I've never actually used it to hunt anything. I do need to get in practice with my firearms. But shooting can be an expensive hobby.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    @spacequiztime and @kellyjellybellyjelly I'm even excited for the trip to Red Lobster. He's at 288 right now so I have a bit of time.

I told my sister, the one with diabetes, about MFP and she hasn't been keeping up with it. Thankfully with the summer though, she has lost some weight and her doctor has noted some improvement in her kidney function. I would LOVE for her to get in on the group but we'll have to see. I know she would probably have a field day with the super great recipes thread! She's an excellent cook.

• orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    Oh gosh - forgot to say @Tubbs216 - You must be so proud of your oldest for going through with such a grown up interview! I hope he gets the job.

Great news that your daughter's tests came back normal! Excellent!

I must admit that the name "clotted cream" makes me gag. I have this horrible aversion to milk specifically because it gets all clumpy and sooooo groooosssss when it starts to spoil. So "clotted cream" translates into "rotten nasty milk" for me.

The worst part is that I've never actually tried clotted cream, as it's not a thing here in the US. I bet I'd LOVE it if I tried it elsewhere AND if they didn't tell me that's what I was eating. Just call it... ummm... buttery pudding... or sweetened cream.... or... well, anything but "clotted". Hee hee

I wish I could send you all some clotted cream

I have never had a desire for clotted cream. ..sounded disgusting. When I am in London next year I now vow to try it.

Oh yes you will! If I can persuade you down to Devon for s couple of days, I will take you for the best cream tea ever at ny favourite café on the cliffs.

I WANT to go to Devon! I want to meet Charlie and yet to be named baby girl and go to the zoo and check it all out! I have to get a Scotland/England guidebook and start reading up.

We will put Devon on the itinerary, and anywhere else you want to go. And you Can meet my babies and.we'll take them to the zoo. And Windsor Castle tower of London, Hampton Court, Highclere house (Downton abbey) Covent garden,

I would like to go to Dover too. Is that do-able?

Of course! Dover from London is about an hour as long as operation stack isn't in placehttps://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Stack
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Oh gosh - forgot to say @Tubbs216 - You must be so proud of your oldest for going through with such a grown up interview! I hope he gets the job.

I must admit that the name "clotted cream" makes me gag. I have this horrible aversion to milk specifically because it gets all clumpy and sooooo groooosssss when it starts to spoil. So "clotted cream" translates into "rotten nasty milk" for me.

The worst part is that I've never actually tried clotted cream, as it's not a thing here in the US. I bet I'd LOVE it if I tried it elsewhere AND if they didn't tell me that's what I was eating. Just call it... ummm... buttery pudding... or sweetened cream.... or... well, anything but "clotted". Hee hee

I have never had a desire for clotted cream. ..sounded disgusting. When I am in London next year I now vow to try it.

Oh yes you will! If I can persuade you down to Devon for s couple of days, I will take you for the best cream tea ever at ny favourite café on the cliffs.

I WANT to go to Devon! I want to meet Charlie and yet to be named baby girl and go to the zoo and check it all out! I have to get a Scotland/England guidebook and start reading up.

We will put Devon on the itinerary, and anywhere else you want to go. And you Can meet my babies and.we'll take them to the zoo. And Windsor Castle tower of London, Hampton Court, Highclere house (Downton abbey) Covent garden,

Of course! Dover from London is about an hour as long as operation stack isn't in placehttps://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Stack

That is interesting. I assume cars can still drive? It looks like those 'lorries' are parked on either side of the road, but it does look like it would cause traffic issues.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    All this London talk makes me sad I miss my SO so much :(
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »

Aww. When are you planning to go back? Is he going to come back to visit you in the states?
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    I don't think we've had enough details of your last trip to let you go again yet! ;)
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    So I just randomly popped into this cat gif thread I follow that I haven't looked at in ages... I probably started following this and that one about the same time. They just celebrated 100 PAGES!

Seriously, guys, we have to keep up with the other threads around here. Hurrumph... goes off to sulk.
    Ha, lightweights!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    I miss you all terribly, but I will be ever so busy with work, that I won't have a lot of time to chat during the day. I will try to check in at lunch and after work at home. I hope you all had a great weekend. Anyone on vacation (@FroggyBug and @jthurman3) I hope you have the best time, and everyone else has a great week. I'll catch you all later.

I put a juicy confession in the batcave.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options

Dover is opposite side of the south of England to Devon. You wouldn't day-trip it. But you could feasibly do Dover from London in a day if that were your main place to see. Will anyone make it up north in their perfect trip to the UK? We have some stunning scenery round the Peak District. Just be sure to bring your brolly.
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Hello everyone. I haven't been very active recently, but I have been reading along. Am struggling a bit at the moment, for no particular reason. I really need to get back to exercising, but seem to have mislaid my motivation.

Me too! Hopefully now that stitches are out and I am green lighted to exercise again I'll get my mojo back. Anything I can do to help?

Great to hear your stitches our out! Any big races coming up?

Ironman Wisconsin in 3 weeks. Yikes! Why why why don't I train?!!! (That procrastination piece I mentioned).

I can't imagine trying that without training but yay!! you'll be in my neck of the woods :)

It's not fun. Where are you?

Madison area
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »

Dover is opposite side of the south of England to Devon. You wouldn't day-trip it. But you could feasibly do Dover from London in a day if that were your main place to see. Will anyone make it up north in their perfect trip to the UK? We have some stunning scenery round the Peak District. Just be sure to bring your brolly.

we'll drive down your way from Scotland
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    I wonder what the moderators who read through these things think of our thread at this point.

"They're off-topic in That Thread again..."

• ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I miss you all terribly, but I will be ever so busy with work, that I won't have a lot of time to chat during the day. I will try to check in at lunch and after work at home. I hope you all had a great weekend. Anyone on vacation (@FroggyBug and @jthurman3) I hope you have the best time, and everyone else has a great week. I'll catch you all later.

*Hopes it involves the imminent purchase of a sailing vessel*
  • Oberon21
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »

*Hopes it involves the imminent purchase of a sailing vessel*

I hope so! I may need a new job soon!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »

we'll drive down your way from Scotland

Yes! We want to meet the new spa-baby.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Hello everyone. I haven't been very active recently, but I have been reading along. Am struggling a bit at the moment, for no particular reason. I really need to get back to exercising, but seem to have mislaid my motivation.

Me too! Hopefully now that stitches are out and I am green lighted to exercise again I'll get my mojo back. Anything I can do to help?

Great to hear your stitches our out! Any big races coming up?

Ironman Wisconsin in 3 weeks. Yikes! Why why why don't I train?!!! (That procrastination piece I mentioned).

I can't imagine trying that without training but yay!! you'll be in my neck of the woods :)

It's not fun. Where are you?

Madison area

well, you'll have to come cheer me on!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

Aww. When are you planning to go back? Is he going to come back to visit you in the states?

We have a weekend trip to meet in Chicago for a few days in mid October and then he'll come back at the end of December for about 10 days like he did last year! Until one of us moves we have to go back and forth every so often :(