Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »

ETA #2 - The one guy (an aerospace engineer) who in our predate phone call (I got to really screening them) sounded fine until he spouted anger at his ex and described in detail how his bird slept on his pillow with him. I thought - OUCH anger issues and drama that I don't want and who the heck wants a jealous parrot in the room which potentially romantic behavior? I've lived with a big bird (roommate's bird) and I know full well how much work they are and that they live 50+ years. I'm not sharing my pillow with a bird so why would I date a man who does? I cancelled our first date and didn't offer to reschedule.

Laughing a lot about this. I dated a guy who was super weird about his bird once too, just totally obsessed with the stupid thing. I would wake up in the night and just hear it calling over and over from its cage, too, which was...not conducive to sleep. Ugh.
    ejb060793 wrote: »
    So I admittedly had never heard of the banana girl, and decided to do a google search. The first thing I found was a petition on change.org https://www.change.org/p/youtube-terminate-freelee-the-banana-girl-and-durianrider-s-multiple-youtube-accounts-and-internet-sites-and-ban-them-for-life where someone is trying to get the banana girl and some guy named durianrider taken offline for good. She states that she followed their high carb/sugar diet and had such problems as a pulmonary embolism, pre-diabetes... This was a grown woman who was desperate to lose the weight. She doesn't appear to be alone. Imagine what all the younger children and teens must be thinking???

Durianrider is her boyfriend, I think. They're both not well, mentally, and I shudder to think that someone would take them seriously out of desperation or whatever.

No, it's not a sign of robust mental health to binge on massive quantities of fruit but call oneself a "raw til 4 vegan" and do intense cardio for hours each day to burn it off, then not tell anyone the truth about what you're really doing to yourself day to day. It's super disordered and anyone who thinks otherwise is probably super disordered too.

I think it's perfectly possible to be fit, athletic, love exercise, eat vegan, etc etc, but that's just not what this couple are doing, at all.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    My niece did something so hilarious today that made me think of this thread.

My youngest niece came over to her mom today & asked for Chocolate Milk. My sister went over & got the milk & the powder & my niece threw the hugest fit. What did she want? She just wanted the powder in the glass & then threw herself on the floor & had a huge fit. Needless to say she didn't get her own way.

I was happy that today I fit in Chipotle (steak burritos yum) & a whole pint of frozen yogurt.

Ha! That's awesome!!
    And I LOVE Chipotle!! I haven't had it in well over a year though! Not sure why...we just never think to go there when we get food. That should change soon!! Awesome job fitting that AND frozen yogurt!! Winnnn!!!!!!

I love Chipotle too. Mmmmm mmmmmm.

Chipotle is a huge reason I got fat buuuut I still eat it! Just not in such large quantities anymore! Haha <3

It really is so good. I wish there was one close to where I work, because I would go there at least once or twice a week.

I confess, I have no idea why people even like Chipotle, let alone lust after it. Just doesn't do it for me. ;)

Qdoba is my Mexican quick-serve of choice, but I also quite enjoy Moe's Southwest Grill. Really though, Mexican food is so easy, I'd rather just make it at home.

And use twice the amount of cheese. No judgment.

Yum, I love Moe's. They have a salsa bar, for crying out loud. What's not to love about a salsa bar?!
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    Tonight I have acupuncture and a Pho double date with the mancreature and our friends. I am super excited and want the day to be over already lol
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Whyyy would someone want to eat 30-50 bananas a day? Or even a week? WTH?
    And I thought I was nuts when I ate a pound of watermelon and pineapple during my stay at the hospital this year! At least I had the excuse of stress and needing to increase my calorie intake. I remember hearing someone say Banana Girl claimed periods were toxic to the body. While it is ultimately up to the individual to decide what advice they follow, it still disgusts me that someone with as big as following as her can say such harmful things. I'd hate to think how I would have turned out if I discovered her in high school. Listening to advice from family and such messed me up enough a few years back. :/
    ETA - a lot of these guys were a bit socially awkward but great guys - just not the right man for me.
    ETA #2 - The one guy (an aerospace engineer) who in our predate phone call (I got to really screening them) sounded fine until he spouted anger at his ex and described in detail how his bird slept on his pillow with him. I thought - OUCH anger issues and drama that I don't want and who the heck wants a jealous parrot in the room which potentially romantic behavior? I've lived with a big bird (roommate's bird) and I know full well how much work they are and that they live 50+ years. I'm not sharing my pillow with a bird so why would I date a man who does? I cancelled our first date and didn't offer to reschedule.
    And isn't it usually recommended not to let a bird sleep on the same bed as you because they could easily be crushed? :open_mouth:

And I agree about your first impression of a potential date. I shouldn't have to worry about making things work so early into a relationship.

I wish you luck in getting into med school and starting a future family @ejb060793 !
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Confession: I'm supposed to be typing up my mid-year reivews (they changed the format so we're a few months late - whoops!), and I really just have no desire because no matter how great these end up, the year-end all have to fit into predetermined percentages for each achievement level, and the overall raises into a budget. So, nobody will actually get what they deserve.

Second confession: I hit my 9 month mark in this position in less than two weeks on Labor Day (Sept 7th), and that means I will no longer be locked in. I'm not sure if I want to think about transfering within the company, or just jump ship entirely.

I'm annoyed with my job today. Can you tell?
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    ohgeeque wrote: »
    I am so mad at my DOH! We joined the Y instead of the nearby gym because it had all the things he wanted, a pool, free weights and child minding. Now in four months he has only gone once, and that was five weeks ago. I have adjusted; I have learned to appreciate the Y. The staff is very helpful, they made sure I have a better understanding of the equipment than any of the gyms I have belonged to in the past, no one is trying to up-sell me, the people who go there are very nice and I am going 3-4 times a week. Clearly, it is working for me.

But I wanted to join the gym where I could watch Supernatural while on the treadmill! I wanted the gym that was open later than 4 on Saturday and noon on Sunday! I wanted a rowing machine!

A happy wife is a happy life, so I am going to leverage my dissatisfaction into Belly Dancing lessons.

That is all. :)

BEST THING EVER! I have always wanted to do Belly Dancing but when I had them nearby in Odessa,TX, we couldn't afford it. Now if I want them I have to drive all the way into Austin... :confounded:

ETA: I hit 1,000 posts and didn't even realize it. I hit my 40 pounds lost marker yesterday and didn't even record it yesterday. I guess my perspective is different and I'm focusing on other goals instead. :blush:

WAY TO GO @lilaclovebird!!! That's awesome!!
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »

Laughing a lot about this. I dated a guy who was super weird about his bird once too, just totally obsessed with the stupid thing. I would wake up in the night and just hear it calling over and over from its cage, too, which was...not conducive to sleep. Ugh.
    So I admittedly had never heard of the banana girl, and decided to do a google search. The first thing I found was a petition on change.org https://www.change.org/p/youtube-terminate-freelee-the-banana-girl-and-durianrider-s-multiple-youtube-accounts-and-internet-sites-and-ban-them-for-life where someone is trying to get the banana girl and some guy named durianrider taken offline for good. She states that she followed their high carb/sugar diet and had such problems as a pulmonary embolism, pre-diabetes... This was a grown woman who was desperate to lose the weight. She doesn't appear to be alone. Imagine what all the younger children and teens must be thinking???

Durianrider is her boyfriend, I think. They're both not well, mentally, and I shudder to think that someone would take them seriously out of desperation or whatever.

No, it's not a sign of robust mental health to binge on massive quantities of fruit but call oneself a "raw til 4 vegan" and do intense cardio for hours each day to burn it off, then not tell anyone the truth about what you're really doing to yourself day to day. It's super disordered and anyone who thinks otherwise is probably super disordered too.

I think it's perfectly possible to be fit, athletic, love exercise, eat vegan, etc etc, but that's just not what this couple are doing, at all

Thank you! ;)
  • Susieq_1994
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Confession: I totally have my grumpy pants on today. And probably a grumpy shirt, grumpy jacket, and grumpy scarf, too.
  • MissKalhan
    Options
    Confession: I totally have my grumpy pants on today. And probably a grumpy shirt, grumpy jacket, and grumpy scarf, too.

Lol poor grumpy Susie! Obviously this means it's time for happy music yes? That tends to get me out of the funks
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options

Or even in a lifetime..bananas for me ..yuck!!
  • riderfangal
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    ohgeeque wrote: »
    I am so mad at my DOH! We joined the Y instead of the nearby gym because it had all the things he wanted, a pool, free weights and child minding. Now in four months he has only gone once, and that was five weeks ago. I have adjusted; I have learned to appreciate the Y. The staff is very helpful, they made sure I have a better understanding of the equipment than any of the gyms I have belonged to in the past, no one is trying to up-sell me, the people who go there are very nice and I am going 3-4 times a week. Clearly, it is working for me.

But I wanted to join the gym where I could watch Supernatural while on the treadmill! I wanted the gym that was open later than 4 on Saturday and noon on Sunday! I wanted a rowing machine!

A happy wife is a happy life, so I am going to leverage my dissatisfaction into Belly Dancing lessons.

That is all. :)

BEST THING EVER! I have always wanted to do Belly Dancing but when I had them nearby in Odessa,TX, we couldn't afford it. Now if I want them I have to drive all the way into Austin... :confounded:

ETA: I hit 1,000 posts and didn't even realize it. I hit my 40 pounds lost marker yesterday and didn't even record it yesterday. I guess my perspective is different and I'm focusing on other goals instead. :blush:

WAY TO GO @lilaclovebird!!! That's awesome!!

Great job @lilaclovebird !!!
  • riderfangal
    Options

Sending you some sunshine!!
  • ejb060793
    ejb060793 Posts: 281 Member
    Options

I made the mistake of adding sliced bananas to my oatmeal the other morning.... thought that since bananas and cream oatmeal is good, homemade would be better... Mushy warm bananas are absolutely disgusting, just as an fyi. I know I overlogged calories for that day, since I couldn't actually finish breakfast =/
  • ejb060793
    ejb060793 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    @spacequiztime Thanks! :smiley:
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »

Lol poor grumpy Susie! Obviously this means it's time for happy music yes? That tends to get me out of the funks

... totally mis-read that word. lol
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options

I made the mistake of adding sliced bananas to my oatmeal the other morning.... thought that since bananas and cream oatmeal is good, homemade would be better... Mushy warm bananas are absolutely disgusting, just as an fyi. I know I overlogged calories for that day, since I couldn't actually finish breakfast =/

Not when cooked in butter, brown sugar, and RUM! I'm all about some Bananas Foster.
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    I can already feel the ache from squats at lunch and I still have a run to do tonight. I think ibuprofen will be my best friend tonight!
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    I completely bailed out of my lunch as well. When I go to the gym at lunch I have to eat at my desk and it was sat on my desk for two hours. I didn't want it when I got round to eating it so I binned it and had almonds instead. :hushed: Pretty sure I will regret that as well.
  • MissKalhan
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    MissKalhan wrote: »

... totally mis-read that word. lol

Bahaha brilliant!
  • Susieq_1994
    Options

Sending you some sunshine!!

Oh, please don't. We have way too much sunshine as it is! :o How about roughly four hours of extra sleep, instead? :D