Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    Confession: I totally have my grumpy pants on today. And probably a grumpy shirt, grumpy jacket, and grumpy scarf, too.

Lol poor grumpy Susie! Obviously this means it's time for happy music yes? That tends to get me out of the funks

No, no. Definitely not. I'm in the kind of mood where I want to smack anyone who looks too cheerful. I'd probably punch the radio.

Disclaimer: Not really. I'm not a violent person. I'd most likely yell at it to just SHUT UP ALREADY. :D
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Whyyy would someone want to eat 30-50 bananas a day? Or even a week? WTH?

Or even in a lifetime..bananas for me ..yuck!!

Same here! The taste and the texture both do me in--I can't stand bananas. :s
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Confession: I totally have my grumpy pants on today. And probably a grumpy shirt, grumpy jacket, and grumpy scarf, too.

You gotta get rid of that grumpy scarf. It's ugly. Trade it for a sunny yellow one!
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options

Sending you some sunshine!!

Oh, please don't. We have way too much sunshine as it is! :o How about roughly four hours of extra sleep, instead? :D

I will get right on it ;)
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options

Lol poor grumpy Susie! Obviously this means it's time for happy music yes? That tends to get me out of the funks

No, no. Definitely not. I'm in the kind of mood where I want to smack anyone who looks too cheerful. I'd probably punch the radio.

Disclaimer: Not really. I'm not a violent person. I'd most likely yell at it to just SHUT UP ALREADY. :D

Sounds like you need to find a different ensemble to wear!
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    ejb060793 wrote: »

I made the mistake of adding sliced bananas to my oatmeal the other morning.... thought that since bananas and cream oatmeal is good, homemade would be better... Mushy warm bananas are absolutely disgusting, just as an fyi. I know I overlogged calories for that day, since I couldn't actually finish breakfast =/

Not when cooked in butter, brown sugar, and RUM! I'm all about some Bananas Foster.

Sweet fancy, yes. Put that mess over some pancakes or good vanilla ice cream and call me to the table.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options

I only like greenish bananas, when they're still kinda hard. But I've read that those aren't great for your digestion (there's a compound in them that breaks down during ripening, but it causes GI issues for some people) so I don't really buy bananas at all anymore, unless it's for banana bread (which I do really like. Sliced, warm, with butter. Yep.)

Sorry you're having a grumpy day, Susie. Found any good anger-relievers yet? I bought an adult colouring book a couple months ago and that's now my go-to when I'm annoyed. It's totally soothing.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    ejb060793 wrote: »
    @MelissaPhippsFeagins I've seen a lot of overweight doctors too, but from the research that I've done, overweight/obese doctors are often taken less seriously by patients. Their medical advice is less likely to be followed. On top of that, medical schools are more hesitant to accept overweight/obese students, as they believe that the workload will be too demanding. The heavier you are, the harder it is to get in, and the more likely your GPA/MCAT scores will be used as deterrents (a 3.9 which would be considered a competitive GPA for a normal weight student would be considered less great for an overweight/obese student). Since I'm Caucasian, my chances go down there as well. Female and first generation are both working in my favor, though.

@spamarie Thanks! Glad to know that I'm not alone in that.

I find it a bit rubbish that your weight should affect your chances of actually getting into a school. It's not like you're looking to be a 100m sprinter! You could be a wonderful doctor even if you were obese. I've no idea how one goes about getting into medical school in the States, I assume there's a face to face interview at some point?

I can answer this from the Canadian perspective since I do parts of the screening of candidates for a medical school.

The final stage of application is an interview process, and it's quite objective up until that point so weight isn't an issue (or even known).

As interviewers, we are instructed to consider the potential candidate's responses to the set question completely objectively and score accordingly. I can say that I have never downgraded a candidate's score because of weight (or race, or gender, or ethnicity, or sexual orientation, or any criteria prohibited by human rights). In fact, it has never even crossed my mind that an individual would make a poorer doctor because of their weight.

I've downgraded a few candidates for being total narcissistic asshats, however.
  • Susieq_1994
    Options

You gotta get rid of that grumpy scarf. It's ugly. Trade it for a sunny yellow one!

I know, right? Super ugly. But then, yellow makes me look sallow...
    bkhamill wrote: »

Do you have any cheerful pants I could borrow? :D
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    ohgeeque wrote: »
    I am so mad at my DOH! We joined the Y instead of the nearby gym because it had all the things he wanted, a pool, free weights and child minding. Now in four months he has only gone once, and that was five weeks ago. I have adjusted; I have learned to appreciate the Y. The staff is very helpful, they made sure I have a better understanding of the equipment than any of the gyms I have belonged to in the past, no one is trying to up-sell me, the people who go there are very nice and I am going 3-4 times a week. Clearly, it is working for me.

But I wanted to join the gym where I could watch Supernatural while on the treadmill! I wanted the gym that was open later than 4 on Saturday and noon on Sunday! I wanted a rowing machine!

A happy wife is a happy life, so I am going to leverage my dissatisfaction into Belly Dancing lessons.

That is all. :)

Sam, Dean & Cas would be great motivation to keep going :wink:
  • Susieq_1994
    Options

Oh, please don't. We have way too much sunshine as it is! :o How about roughly four hours of extra sleep, instead? :D

Oh, good. I'll just lay right here in my bed and wait... When do you think the energy will arrive? ;)
  • ShibaEars
    Options

I think I'd be sick if I tried to eat that many in a day.
  • Susieq_1994
    edited August 2015
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »

I only like greenish bananas, when they're still kinda hard. But I've read that those aren't great for your digestion (there's a compound in them that breaks down during ripening, but it causes GI issues for some people) so I don't really buy bananas at all anymore, unless it's for banana bread (which I do really like. Sliced, warm, with butter. Yep.)

Sorry you're having a grumpy day, Susie. Found any good anger-relievers yet? I bought an adult colouring book a couple months ago and that's now my go-to when I'm annoyed. It's totally soothing.

It's just resistant starch, similar to that found in beans (which is why they make people gassy and sometimes cause GI discomfort). I've actually never tried a green banana, but I don't think the harder texture would make it taste any better. :p
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options

How about these?

vxts4nszwe5p.jpg
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    I'm annoyed with my job today. Can you tell?

It doesn't show. ;)

I'm rather fond of bananas, in almost any stage of ripeness other than the extremes, and wouldn't eat more than one or two a day.

I have been known to mush one up in a bowl and just eat mashed banana, as a snack.

Now I'm craving banana. May have to swing by a grocery store on my walk and grab a bunch.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »

It's just resistant starch, similar to that found in beans (which is why they make people gassy and sometimes cause GI discomfort). I've actually never tasted a green banana, but I don't think it would make it taste any better. :p

They're less sweet and therefore better IMO.
  • Susieq_1994
    Options

How about these?

vxts4nszwe5p.jpg

lol! On a baby I would say those are cute/cheerful pants, but on an adult they would just be embarrassment/idiot pants... :D
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options

Oh, good. I'll just lay right here in my bed and wait... When do you think the energy will arrive? ;)

Just slipped some in the FedEx package ;)
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

I am so with you on this one >:) Hang in there girl!
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    I'm annoyed with my job today. Can you tell?

It doesn't show. ;)

I'm rather fond of bananas, in almost any stage of ripeness other than the extremes, and wouldn't eat more than one or two a day.

I have been known to mush one up in a bowl and just eat mashed banana, as a snack.

Now I'm craving banana. May have to swing by a grocery store on my walk and grab a bunch.

I like bananas, but only in the ripe, starting to freckle stage. Yum. I haven't had any in a while though since I was supposed to be following a nutrition plan with low-ish sugar (she says after eating ice cream last night).