Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    So I sacrificed 6 minutes of my lunch walk to go and buy bananas.

While at the grocery store, I saw one of my coworkers and -- momentarily oblivious to the fact that I had talked about craving banana in here and not IRL -- raised my bunch of bananas in a triumphant "see? I got them!" salute. Then realized that she had absolutely no idea why I was waving at her with bananas so excitedly.
    Real life and virtual life are becoming somewhat muddled.

And the bananas themselves are an exercise in delayed gratification because they are too green to eat right now, even by my banana-liberal standards.

HA! This is so awesome.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »

While at the grocery store, I saw one of my coworkers and -- momentarily oblivious to the fact that I had talked about craving banana in here and not IRL -- raised my bunch of bananas in a triumphant "see? I got them!" salute. Then realized that she had absolutely no idea why I was waving at her with bananas so excitedly.

And the bananas themselves are an exercise in delayed gratification because they are too green to eat right now, even by my banana-liberal standards.

Off topic, but when people used to ask my grandpa how he was doing (in his last few years) he always responded with "I Aint buying green bananas, if you know what I mean"
    Love it - that joke/expression is in the movie Best Exotic Marigold Hotel - I'd never heard it before that.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options

Haha! Brilliant!
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »

Off topic, but when people used to ask my grandpa how he was doing (in his last few years) he always responded with "I Aint buying green bananas, if you know what I mean"

I don't get it

@ythannah that's pretty funny :D

I googled it, that's funny but a little sad to me.
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options

Oh my goodness that made me laugh so much!!
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options

This made me laugh.
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    *post date update*

first date #13

yet ANOTHER dude that has pics posted, that upon meeting in person, were VERY out of date.
    the funny bit being that he says to me, wow, you look just like your pictures!
    WHAT?!?! isn't that the point? and i flat out say to him, you look absolutely nothing like your pics!
    his reply? yeah, they're pretty old. *smh*

have a few beverages, pretty average basic conversation, dude was nice and all but seemed a lil toooooo laid back. like he had this grin on his face like 100% of the time and his eyes were never fully open. so after a few beverages i'm finally like what the hecks this dude's deal? so i simply ask him, dude, are you stoned? to which he starts laughing and he's like no no, i don't smoke pot. and i'm like dude, are you sure about that?? he laughs a bit more and says, well like klonopin and xanax...yeah. greaaaaaaaat.

AND he's drinking soda all night because he's got one of those built in court mandated car breathalyzers. now don't get me wrong, a designated driver is totally something i need in my life, and baby jesus knows i could easily be stuck in that situation given my shenanigans, but this dude was just not it. plus he smokes a pack and a half a day. no, no thank you.

first date #12 - update!
    after our super quick first date, he texts me and asks when we're going to watch documentaries together (i've previously confessed a love of all the docs on netflix). so i say, "well unless it's in a theater it's going to be a while. *stranger danger!*" and he replies, oh, ok, have you lost interest? and then anytime this dude texts me and i don't respond within an hour or so he'll send me another msg asking if i've lost interest. it's a bit irritating. i'm not seeing a second date.

whomp whomp whoooooooomp
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    and all this chipotle talk really makes me want a burrito....
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    I love bananas. I could probably eat a whole bunch in a day easily.

And I just weighed myself and had to gape at the scale. It said I was down seven pounds from last night. I repositioned the scale, got back on, and now I'm seven pounds up again. The weight slides back on SO easily. :lol:
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options

I don't get it

He meant that he might not live long enough for them to get ripe.
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options

And I just weighed myself and had to gape at the scale. It said I was down seven pounds from last night. I repositioned the scale, got back on, and now I'm seven pounds up again. The weight slides back on SO easily. :lol:

Too funny!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I confess that about 2/3 of my desk (it's a big U shape) is currently covered in paperwork that I have to complete on my employees annually, mainly competency assessments and mid-year reviews (they changed the formatting so we're a little behind this year). I could make it all tuck away nicely and get it out as I need it...but I look so much busier this way. >:)

My desk is also covered in papers...and a plate of homemade French fries. >:)

I want to BE you at this point. A booty like that AND you get to eat french fries...*repeats mantra "I will get there. I will get there. I will get there...."*

I am WAY behind (no pun intended) but this made me smile from cheek to cheek. Again, no pun intended. :smiley:

• Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    So I have 1272 calories left for today after my Fitbit adjustment. I haven't got all my steps yet so I think I'll walk to the store (a mile and a half away or so) and get an ice cream.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    @ythannah, that is HILARIOUS!!
  • ShibaEars
    Options

I don't get it

Ohhh lol. I didn't get it either.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    *post date update*

first date #13

yet ANOTHER dude that has pics posted, that upon meeting in person, were VERY out of date.
    WHAT?!?! isn't that the point? and i flat out say to him, you look absolutely nothing like your pics!

have a few beverages, pretty average basic conversation, dude was nice and all but seemed a lil toooooo laid back. like he had this grin on his face like 100% of the time and his eyes were never fully open. so after a few beverages i'm finally like what the hecks this dude's deal? so i simply ask him, dude, are you stoned? to which he starts laughing and he's like no no, i don't smoke pot. and i'm like dude, are you sure about that?? he laughs a bit more and says, well like klonopin and xanax...yeah. greaaaaaaaat.

AND he's drinking soda all night because he's got one of those built in court mandated car breathalyzers. now don't get me wrong, a designated driver is totally something i need in my life, and baby jesus knows i could easily be stuck in that situation given my shenanigans, but this dude was just not it. plus he smokes a pack and a half a day. no, no thank you.

first date #12 - update!
    after our super quick first date, he texts me and asks when we're going to watch documentaries together (i've previously confessed a love of all the docs on netflix). so i say, "well unless it's in a theater it's going to be a while. *stranger danger!*" and he replies, oh, ok, have you lost interest? and then anytime this dude texts me and i don't respond within an hour or so he'll send me another msg asking if i've lost interest. it's a bit irritating. i'm not seeing a second date.

whomp whomp whoooooooomp

Ohhh, a tranqued out chainsmoking guy with a DUI who misrepresents himself. Dream Guy.

And perhaps you should point out to #12 that, after one date, your interest isn't like super high to begin with, and he's kicking it down a notch every time he asks if you've lost interest so it's rapidly approaching a negative value.

Glad you're keeping your sense of humour about all this!

This happens a lot because my scale is in my carpeted (ewww!) basement bathroom and tends to slide towards the wall, where it gets hung up on the bottom edge of the baseboard, giving a lower reading. This is how my SO manages to lose 8 lbs overnight.

He once lost 13 lbs overnight and was just thrilled. Suspicious me, I got on the scale the next morning and saw I was 9 lbs lower. That didn't seem right so I jumped on holding a 10 lb dumbbell. My weight didn't go up 10 lbs. While he was away at work I changed the battery without telling him... he regained his 13 lbs.
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    *post date update*

first date #13

first date #12 - update!

whomp whomp whoooooooomp

Ohhh, a tranqued out chainsmoking guy with a DUI who misrepresents himself. Dream Guy.

And perhaps you should point out to #12 that, after one date, your interest isn't like super high to begin with, and he's kicking it down a notch every time he asks if you've lost interest so it's rapidly approaching a negative value.

Glad you're keeping your sense of humour about all this!

Indeed, what a catch!

And agreed about #12. If he's that insecure after one date, imagine what a long term relationship would be like with him. :scream:
  • riderfangal
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    So I have 1272 calories left for today after my Fitbit adjustment. I haven't got all my steps yet so I think I'll walk to the store (a mile and a half away or so) and get an ice cream.

You definitely deserve the ice cream!!!!! Enjoy!!
  • riderfangal
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »

I don't get it

Ohhh lol. I didn't get it either.

me either!
  • riderfangal
    Options
    I confess that about 2/3 of my desk (it's a big U shape) is currently covered in paperwork that I have to complete on my employees annually, mainly competency assessments and mid-year reviews (they changed the formatting so we're a little behind this year). I could make it all tuck away nicely and get it out as I need it...but I look so much busier this way. >:)

My desk is also covered in papers...and a plate of homemade French fries. >:)

I want to BE you at this point. A booty like that AND you get to eat french fries...*repeats mantra "I will get there. I will get there. I will get there...."*

I am WAY behind (no pun intended) but this made me smile from cheek to cheek. Again, no pun intended. :smiley:

You crack me up!!