Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    So I sacrificed 6 minutes of my lunch walk to go and buy bananas.

While at the grocery store, I saw one of my coworkers and -- momentarily oblivious to the fact that I had talked about craving banana in here and not IRL -- raised my bunch of bananas in a triumphant "see? I got them!" salute. Then realized that she had absolutely no idea why I was waving at her with bananas so excitedly.

Real life and virtual life are becoming somewhat muddled.

And the bananas themselves are an exercise in delayed gratification because they are too green to eat right now, even by my banana-liberal standards.

This is awesome - I just snorted :)
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I am another of the liking bananas within a small window, but for me it's when they're perfectly yellow. I also only like really small, sweet bananas, preferably from a specific supermarket.

We had some over ripe bananas and over ripe peaches. Me spontaneously baking (or baking at all) is a rare occurance, but this afternoon I found a recipe for cinnamon, peach and banana bread. We were out tonight, and they would've been too far gone tomorrow, so my boyfriend told me if I was making it I had to do it there and then! Looking forward to trying it tomorrow.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    I am another of the liking bananas within a small window, but for me it's when they're perfectly yellow. I also only like really small, sweet bananas, preferably from a specific supermarket.

We had some over ripe bananas and over ripe peaches. Me spontaneously baking (or baking at all) is a rare occurance, but this afternoon I found a recipe for cinnamon, peach and banana bread. We were out tonight, and they would've been too far gone tomorrow, so my boyfriend told me if I was making it I had to do it there and then! Looking forward to trying it tomorrow.

Yum let us know how it turns out that sounds amazing!!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    @KylerJaye I can TOTALLY relate! Had some crazy, weird, and even fun first dates until I came across SO (who happens to live across the pond haha) I know I've said it before but we have to kiss a lot of frogs to get to the prince! So happy you posted, we've missed you! <3

PS- I also couldn't understand why people put up pictures that don't look like them? Uhm, you're planning on meeting others outside of the internet right? C'mon we're not blind!!

I don't get it either. I'm hesitant to put up pictures of me really done up because I don't feel it's a true representation of myself lol.

Why my profile pic is what it is. lol

@Italian_Buju My sister will only talk to ONE therapist that she has had before and she hasn't been able to find/get a hold of her and where he new practice is. My mother and my sister's fiance are working on that one. Hopefully, she'll start getting out more.
    The Freelee the banana girl thing was for the confessor who came in about eating 4 peaches in one sitting. Reminded me of Freelee. She will eat whole bowls of figs, peaches, pomegranates, or a half a watermelon in one sitting! I like her overall messages about how we need to stop poisoning our bodies with constant fast food consumption and we need to get fit and active. What I DON'T like is she has a very strong 'my way or the highway' attitude about it. She's a strict raw 'til 4 vegan who lives off of a fruit based diet. Works great for her but might not be so great for EVERYONE.

And about Chipotle, it's 'okay'. SSP LOVES it but as for me, I'm half Mexican, I make my own burritos. :laugh:

This is why I love you @Susieq_1994! Cheese IS life! I believe I confessed long ago about how I was suffering without cheese in my life because I thought it was affecting my skin. Well it wasn't, and I now have as much cheese as my calories will let me! Cheese is my one true love. :heart:

I can't really stand the banana girl after she reckoned losing her period when she first went strict low fat vegan was a good thing. Um, no, that usually indicates there is a problem. Apparently it came back eventually so I'm not doubting her overall health (like you say, if it works for her then great for her), but to tell other young women that losing your period is fine is pretty bad advice in my book. I can imagine teenage girls getting some pretty damaging messages from that.

The thing I find odd is how she says she eats 30-50 bananas a day. Right there would be around 3,000-4,000 calories in bananas alone.

I thought I read that she suffered from either an eating disorder or disordered eating, but I might be thinking of someone else.

The thing I find extremely damaging is the fact that normal people will try this diet thinking they will lose weight because they're eating healthier foods, & then wonder how they're gaining weight with eating healthier foods.

Honestly, she's crazy. An absolute lunatic with no logic or science to back her up, and a nasty attacking attitude towards anyone who disagrees with her (regardless of how polite they are).

She also works out like a crazy person, hours of cardio a day, and denies it because she insists that you don't need to work out to lose weight while eating a ridiculous amount of food.

Confession: To be completely honest, anyone who mentions her in a way that puts her or her way of life in positive terms reduces my opinion of their mental capabilities significantly.

ETA: Not knocking raw vegans in this post at all. Just the loony one.

I agree completely. If she is eating 30-40 bananas a day she's either overexercising or throwing them up since 3,000-4,000 calories in bananas is ludicrous & that's not even including other food items.

I watched one of her videos & shook my head when she called Cassey Ho fat. Cassey runs this site http://www.blogilates.com/.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    I started my fitness journey about 3 weeks ago. My initial weight was 215 lbs. and I am now at 203 lbs. I follow a strict Low-Carb diet ( 1500 calories) and a 25-minute fitness program. I want to reach 160 lbs. in the next 3 months. Any fitness and health advice are welcome and a special person to be my inspiration. :blush:

Congrats on the weight loss so far.

A few questions:

1. Do you have a medical condition to eat low carb?
    2. Why do you want to reach 160 pounds in 3 months?

My advice is if you don't have a medical condition to eat low carb then don't do it. Most people who eat low carb think they're losing weight since they're limiting their carbs when in reality they're eating less overall than they're burning thus creating a deficit to lose weight. Most once they're down to their desired weight go right back to the way they were eating before & gain weight from eating over their deficit. I always try & tell people to eat in a way that will be sustainable for life. Do you see yourself always limiting carbs once you reach your desired weight?

Why are you only eating 1,500 calories a day? Do you weigh your food on a food scale? If not then you could be eating way more than you think. Since you're a 34 year old male I am sure you would need a lot more than 1,500 calories a day. You should look up Scooby's accurate calorie calculator & input your numbers in there & see what it tells you to eat.

Why do you have to reach 160 pounds in 3 months? Event coming up?

Some people do better on low carb...like myself. I feel better, I sleep better...I think everyone is different.

Ditto. I haven't had pasta, rice or a sandwich in 7-8 weeks and I really don't care. I allow myself some potato every now and then. Some people adapt to low carb quite well, and I do think I could do this for the rest of my life. I miss fruit the most, but once I reach my goal weight I can lift it up to 100-150g carbs a day and easily squeeze in fruit :smile:
    I say don't knock it til you try it.

Edit, I'm a bit behind on this thread so apologies

I think I'd miss fruit the most too. I'm happy it's working out so well for you!!

I get sad when I go food shopping and have to walk past all the bright coloured fruit and just head for the veg. Courgette (zucchini I believe in America?) is my new best friend. :yum:

Do you like spaghetti squash? Every now & then I will make that & put a little salad dressing on it or chicken.
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I confess that I skip all of the political posts on Facebook and most of the news stories, not because I don't want to be an informed person, because I really do, but because I can't stand all of the negativity (on both/all sides). I wish that there was a way to get the honest facts about topics so that I could create an informed opinion. Instead, it's like panning for gold in a feedlot.
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I also confess that I can't stop staring at my profile pic. I can't believe that's me.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    Confession: I totally have my grumpy pants on today. And probably a grumpy shirt, grumpy jacket, and grumpy scarf, too.

You gotta get rid of that grumpy scarf. It's ugly. Trade it for a sunny yellow one!

I know, right? Super ugly. But then, yellow makes me look sallow...
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    Confession: I totally have my grumpy pants on today. And probably a grumpy shirt, grumpy jacket, and grumpy scarf, too.

Lol poor grumpy Susie! Obviously this means it's time for happy music yes? That tends to get me out of the funks

No, no. Definitely not. I'm in the kind of mood where I want to smack anyone who looks too cheerful. I'd probably punch the radio.

Disclaimer: Not really. I'm not a violent person. I'd most likely yell at it to just SHUT UP ALREADY. :D

Sounds like you need to find a different ensemble to wear!

Do you have any cheerful pants I could borrow? :D

How about these?

vxts4nszwe5p.jpg

lol! On a baby I would say those are cute/cheerful pants, but on an adult they would just be embarrassment/idiot pants... :D

Haha!

mc-hammer.jpg
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    So I sacrificed 6 minutes of my lunch walk to go and buy bananas.

While at the grocery store, I saw one of my coworkers and -- momentarily oblivious to the fact that I had talked about craving banana in here and not IRL -- raised my bunch of bananas in a triumphant "see? I got them!" salute. Then realized that she had absolutely no idea why I was waving at her with bananas so excitedly.

Real life and virtual life are becoming somewhat muddled.

And the bananas themselves are an exercise in delayed gratification because they are too green to eat right now, even by my banana-liberal standards.

Off topic, but when people used to ask my grandpa how he was doing (in his last few years) he always responded with "I Aint buying green bananas, if you know what I mean"

I don't get it

@ythannah that's pretty funny :D

He meant that he might not live long enough for them to get ripe.

Ohhh lol. I didn't get it either.

Neither did I.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    So I have 1272 calories left for today after my Fitbit adjustment. I haven't got all my steps yet so I think I'll walk to the store (a mile and a half away or so) and get an ice cream.

You definitely deserve the ice cream!!!!! Enjoy!!

Agreed. With that many leftover calories you could eat two ;).
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    @KylerJaye I can TOTALLY relate! Had some crazy, weird, and even fun first dates until I came across SO (who happens to live across the pond haha) I know I've said it before but we have to kiss a lot of frogs to get to the prince! So happy you posted, we've missed you! <3

PS- I also couldn't understand why people put up pictures that don't look like them? Uhm, you're planning on meeting others outside of the internet right? C'mon we're not blind!!

I don't get it either. I'm hesitant to put up pictures of me really done up because I don't feel it's a true representation of myself lol.

Why my profile pic is what it is. lol

@Italian_Buju My sister will only talk to ONE therapist that she has had before and she hasn't been able to find/get a hold of her and where he new practice is. My mother and my sister's fiance are working on that one. Hopefully, she'll start getting out more.
    The Freelee the banana girl thing was for the confessor who came in about eating 4 peaches in one sitting. Reminded me of Freelee. She will eat whole bowls of figs, peaches, pomegranates, or a half a watermelon in one sitting! I like her overall messages about how we need to stop poisoning our bodies with constant fast food consumption and we need to get fit and active. What I DON'T like is she has a very strong 'my way or the highway' attitude about it. She's a strict raw 'til 4 vegan who lives off of a fruit based diet. Works great for her but might not be so great for EVERYONE.

And about Chipotle, it's 'okay'. SSP LOVES it but as for me, I'm half Mexican, I make my own burritos. :laugh:

This is why I love you @Susieq_1994! Cheese IS life! I believe I confessed long ago about how I was suffering without cheese in my life because I thought it was affecting my skin. Well it wasn't, and I now have as much cheese as my calories will let me! Cheese is my one true love. :heart:

I can't really stand the banana girl after she reckoned losing her period when she first went strict low fat vegan was a good thing. Um, no, that usually indicates there is a problem. Apparently it came back eventually so I'm not doubting her overall health (like you say, if it works for her then great for her), but to tell other young women that losing your period is fine is pretty bad advice in my book. I can imagine teenage girls getting some pretty damaging messages from that.

The thing I find odd is how she says she eats 30-50 bananas a day. Right there would be around 3,000-4,000 calories in bananas alone.

I thought I read that she suffered from either an eating disorder or disordered eating, but I might be thinking of someone else.

The thing I find extremely damaging is the fact that normal people will try this diet thinking they will lose weight because they're eating healthier foods, & then wonder how they're gaining weight with eating healthier foods.

Honestly, she's crazy. An absolute lunatic with no logic or science to back her up, and a nasty attacking attitude towards anyone who disagrees with her (regardless of how polite they are).

She also works out like a crazy person, hours of cardio a day, and denies it because she insists that you don't need to work out to lose weight while eating a ridiculous amount of food.

Confession: To be completely honest, anyone who mentions her in a way that puts her or her way of life in positive terms reduces my opinion of their mental capabilities significantly.

ETA: Not knocking raw vegans in this post at all. Just the loony one.

I agree completely. If she is eating 30-40 bananas a day she's either overexercising or throwing them up since 3,000-4,000 calories in bananas is ludicrous & that's not even including other food items.

I watched one of her videos & shook my head when she called Cassey Ho fat. Cassey runs this site http://www.blogilates.com/.

So I mentioned the Banana nuts woman to my husband who said, "30 bananas a day. That's enough to make her radioactive."
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options

Oooh, that sounds really good!
    lilawolf wrote: »
    I also confess that I can't stop staring at my profile pic. I can't believe that's me.

Welcome! :)

Of course I had to look at your profile because I couldn't really make out the little pic... very impressive!

So then I couldn't help noticing that we are the same height... and I saw your lifting stats, way to go!
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    On the second week of my lifestyle change, I went over to a friend's house for a sleepover, and I had a tall piece of cake with lots of frosting on each day that I stayed there. I wasn't completely honest with the calorie count for those days. Haha. In the end, I still lost 10 pounds in the first month alone. I *do* exercise for two-four hours a day (90% light, 10% intense), and I make a point of walking everywhere within three miles, and I ALWAYS take stairs, so maybe this off set the weight gain. Since then, I've fostered a potent armor of will power, discipline, and self-control, so that'd never happen again.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    edited August 2015
    Options
    neldabg wrote: »
    On the second week of my lifestyle change, I went over to a friend's house for a sleepover, and I had a tall piece of cake with lots of frosting on each day that I stayed there. I wasn't completely honest with the calorie count for those days. Haha. In the end, I still lost 10 pounds in the first month alone. I *do* exercise for two-four hours a day (90% light, 10% intense), and I make a point of walking everywhere within three miles, and I ALWAYS take stairs, so maybe this off set the weight gain. Since then, I've fostered a potent armor of will power, discipline, and self-control, so that'd never happen again.

How much do you have to lose? What do you do when you exercise two hours?

Be careful with exercising too much, because it can weaken your immune system (I just got over a bad sinus infection from exercising way too much).

http://health.usnews.com/health-news/blogs/on-fitness/2010/11/05/10-signs-youre-exercising-too-much

With how much exercise you said you do eating a few desserts will not hinder your progress so don't get in the habit of beating yourself because it's not worth the misery.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    Have any of you ever read about banana flavouring?

Apparently, when artificial banana flavour was being made, it was based on a specific variety of banana which was popular at the time but hardly grown at all anymore. So apparently, artificial banana flavouring DOES kind of taste like real banana, but it's a kind of banana most of us have never tasted. Weird, right? Here's a link to an article that says it's kind of an urban legend but there is truth to it. This is another cool article on artificial flavours if anyone is interested.

I know this because fake banana is by far my favourite of any artificial flavour - I think I may have mentioned this on the thread before but I used to fake ear infections as a kid so I could get the banana penicillin.

Artificial grape, on the other hand, is like garbage in my mouth. We have a 125-count box of freezies in our deep freeze right now that's just had all the other flavours other than grape picked out of it because no one in my house likes it. I should throw them out because they will literally stay there until next summer otherwise.

I feel this way about artificial watermelon. I LOVE watermelon, but anything watermelon-flavoured is disgusting.

I loved the banana medicine too :smile:

I didn't get the banana medicine, just regular penicillin tablets (tonsillitis).

And I'm the opposite... I like watermelon-flavoured anything better than real watermelon, although I do eat it quite happily if someone else cuts it up, lol.

My SO always cuts mine up for me, lol, or it sits there and rots.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options

The cinnamon and banana part sounds good. I don't like peaches so that kind of ruined it for me. I don't like peach anything. Even the smell I hate.

Count me in on the perfectly yellow banana group I sense forming. Any freckles and I am out. Ick. I hate the texture.
  • Oberon21
    edited August 2015
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    *post date update*

first date #13

yet ANOTHER dude that has pics posted, that upon meeting in person, were VERY out of date.
    the funny bit being that he says to me, wow, you look just like your pictures!
    WHAT?!?! isn't that the point? and i flat out say to him, you look absolutely nothing like your pics!
    his reply? yeah, they're pretty old. *smh*

have a few beverages, pretty average basic conversation, dude was nice and all but seemed a lil toooooo laid back. like he had this grin on his face like 100% of the time and his eyes were never fully open. so after a few beverages i'm finally like what the hecks this dude's deal? so i simply ask him, dude, are you stoned? to which he starts laughing and he's like no no, i don't smoke pot. and i'm like dude, are you sure about that?? he laughs a bit more and says, well like klonopin and xanax...yeah. greaaaaaaaat.

AND he's drinking soda all night because he's got one of those built in court mandated car breathalyzers. now don't get me wrong, a designated driver is totally something i need in my life, and baby jesus knows i could easily be stuck in that situation given my shenanigans, but this dude was just not it. plus he smokes a pack and a half a day. no, no thank you.

first date #12 - update!
    after our super quick first date, he texts me and asks when we're going to watch documentaries together (i've previously confessed a love of all the docs on netflix). so i say, "well unless it's in a theater it's going to be a while. *stranger danger!*" and he replies, oh, ok, have you lost interest? and then anytime this dude texts me and i don't respond within an hour or so he'll send me another msg asking if i've lost interest. it's a bit irritating. i'm not seeing a second date.

whomp whomp whoooooooomp

Ohhh, a tranqued out chainsmoking guy with a DUI who misrepresents himself. Dream Guy.

And perhaps you should point out to #12 that, after one date, your interest isn't like super high to begin with, and he's kicking it down a notch every time he asks if you've lost interest so it's rapidly approaching a negative value.

Glad you're keeping your sense of humour about all this!
    I love bananas. I could probably eat a whole bunch in a day easily.

And I just weighed myself and had to gape at the scale. It said I was down seven pounds from last night. I repositioned the scale, got back on, and now I'm seven pounds up again. The weight slides back on SO easily. :lol:

This happens a lot because my scale is in my carpeted (ewww!) basement bathroom and tends to slide towards the wall, where it gets hung up on the bottom edge of the baseboard, giving a lower reading. This is how my SO manages to lose 8 lbs overnight.

He once lost 13 lbs overnight and was just thrilled. Suspicious me, I got on the scale the next morning and saw I was 9 lbs lower. That didn't seem right so I jumped on holding a 10 lb dumbbell. My weight didn't go up 10 lbs. While he was away at work I changed the battery without telling him... he regained his 13 lbs.

This was both funny and mean. ETA just the scale part. And mean in the BEST sense of the word in case that came across wrong!
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    My niece did something so hilarious today that made me think of this thread.

My youngest niece came over to her mom today & asked for Chocolate Milk. My sister went over & got the milk & the powder & my niece threw the hugest fit. What did she want? She just wanted the powder in the glass & then threw herself on the floor & had a huge fit. Needless to say she didn't get her own way.

I was happy that today I fit in Chipotle (steak burritos yum) & a whole pint of frozen yogurt.

Ha! That's awesome!!
    And I LOVE Chipotle!! I haven't had it in well over a year though! Not sure why...we just never think to go there when we get food. That should change soon!! Awesome job fitting that AND frozen yogurt!! Winnnn!!!!!!

I love Chipotle too. Mmmmm mmmmmm.

Chipotle is a huge reason I got fat buuuut I still eat it! Just not in such large quantities anymore! Haha <3

It really is so good. I wish there was one close to where I work, because I would go there at least once or twice a week.

I confess, I have no idea why people even like Chipotle, let alone lust after it. Just doesn't do it for me. ;)

Qdoba is my Mexican quick-serve of choice, but I also quite enjoy Moe's Southwest Grill. Really though, Mexican food is so easy, I'd rather just make it at home.

And use twice the amount of cheese. No judgment.

I love Moe's! And Chipotle too though. I want another trip to America! But, I don't like cheese that much and always asked them to put less, half the time they didn't understand and tried to put more. I think it just didn't make sense to them that anyone would want less cheese than they were entitled to!

I have one thing to say to this... Country music marathon

So, who all is going?

So far me, Nicci and my friend and her daughter are definitive. You in?

I'm going to do my best to be there! I may not be able to actually run, but I plan on cheering everyone on! :)
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I love bananas. I could probably eat a whole bunch in a day easily.

And I just weighed myself and had to gape at the scale. It said I was down seven pounds from last night. I repositioned the scale, got back on, and now I'm seven pounds up again. The weight slides back on SO easily. :lol:

Sadly for me this is true. And my scale is on tile!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I own 1528 right now.

With my newfound power, I request that some of you lurkers (you know you're out there) say hi! :)

This was great! What a great idea.