Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    *post date update*

first date #13

yet ANOTHER dude that has pics posted, that upon meeting in person, were VERY out of date.
    the funny bit being that he says to me, wow, you look just like your pictures!
    WHAT?!?! isn't that the point? and i flat out say to him, you look absolutely nothing like your pics!
    his reply? yeah, they're pretty old. *smh*

have a few beverages, pretty average basic conversation, dude was nice and all but seemed a lil toooooo laid back. like he had this grin on his face like 100% of the time and his eyes were never fully open. so after a few beverages i'm finally like what the hecks this dude's deal? so i simply ask him, dude, are you stoned? to which he starts laughing and he's like no no, i don't smoke pot. and i'm like dude, are you sure about that?? he laughs a bit more and says, well like klonopin and xanax...yeah. greaaaaaaaat.

AND he's drinking soda all night because he's got one of those built in court mandated car breathalyzers. now don't get me wrong, a designated driver is totally something i need in my life, and baby jesus knows i could easily be stuck in that situation given my shenanigans, but this dude was just not it. plus he smokes a pack and a half a day. no, no thank you.

first date #12 - update!
    after our super quick first date, he texts me and asks when we're going to watch documentaries together (i've previously confessed a love of all the docs on netflix). so i say, "well unless it's in a theater it's going to be a while. *stranger danger!*" and he replies, oh, ok, have you lost interest? and then anytime this dude texts me and i don't respond within an hour or so he'll send me another msg asking if i've lost interest. it's a bit irritating. i'm not seeing a second date.

whomp whomp whoooooooomp

I really think it's time for a dating hiatus. The stars are not in alignment for you right now.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    So I sacrificed 6 minutes of my lunch walk to go and buy bananas.

While at the grocery store, I saw one of my coworkers and -- momentarily oblivious to the fact that I had talked about craving banana in here and not IRL -- raised my bunch of bananas in a triumphant "see? I got them!" salute. Then realized that she had absolutely no idea why I was waving at her with bananas so excitedly.

Real life and virtual life are becoming somewhat muddled.

And the bananas themselves are an exercise in delayed gratification because they are too green to eat right now, even by my banana-liberal standards.

This made me laugh.

Me too! I do this all the time. Blend the two realities and have to stop mid stream when I realize my friends in my physical life will have no idea what I am talking about. And will think I am crazy when I explain.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    ejb060793 wrote: »
    <--- Lurker. Hi!

Yay for you for speaking up!
  • Oberon21
    edited August 2015
    Options
    ohgeeque wrote: »

Sam, Dean & Cas would be great motivation to keep going :wink:
    I know, right. I am such a huge fan of Supernatural that my son could say, "It's Sam and Dean" before he could say "Dada".

I am such a bad mommy.

I thought this was priceless. So funny. Bad wife maybe! ;)
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    I can already feel the ache from squats at lunch and I still have a run to do tonight. I think ibuprofen will be my best friend tonight!

Or wine! It's the best recovery drink.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I follow a few lost pet pages on Facebook and someone found a dog that looks almost identical to my dog I had euthanized in October. It is making me feel odd, and actually a little sick. :disappointed:

ETA: the dog looks like it's a stray or been abandoned for some time and I think seeing a dog that looks like Emery in that condition is what's bothering me.
  • nuffer
    nuffer Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Back in the '80s I had a lot of bandanas.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    ejb060793 wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Whyyy would someone want to eat 30-50 bananas a day? Or even a week? WTH?

Or even in a lifetime..bananas for me ..yuck!!

I made the mistake of adding sliced bananas to my oatmeal the other morning.... thought that since bananas and cream oatmeal is good, homemade would be better... Mushy warm bananas are absolutely disgusting, just as an fyi. I know I overlogged calories for that day, since I couldn't actually finish breakfast =/

Nooo you are wrong. In the depths of winter when I'm feeling a bit sorry for myself and need a quick fix, I microwave some sliced bananas with honey on top. I'll grant you, it does look disgusting, but it taste NOMMY!
  • spamarie
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    I'm annoyed with my job today. Can you tell?

It doesn't show. ;)

I'm rather fond of bananas, in almost any stage of ripeness other than the extremes, and wouldn't eat more than one or two a day.

I have been known to mush one up in a bowl and just eat mashed banana, as a snack.

Now I'm craving banana. May have to swing by a grocery store on my walk and grab a bunch.

I like bananas, but only in the ripe, starting to freckle stage. Yum. I haven't had any in a while though since I was supposed to be following a nutrition plan with low-ish sugar (she says after eating ice cream last night).

Me too! I'm very picky about my bananas- they can't be too green and they can't be too mushy- they have to be juuuust right. I'm like the Little Read Riding Hood of bananas!

Do you mean Goldilocks?
  • spamarie
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    bkhamill wrote: »
    Confession: I totally have my grumpy pants on today. And probably a grumpy shirt, grumpy jacket, and grumpy scarf, too.

You gotta get rid of that grumpy scarf. It's ugly. Trade it for a sunny yellow one!

I know, right? Super ugly. But then, yellow makes me look sallow...
    bkhamill wrote: »
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    Confession: I totally have my grumpy pants on today. And probably a grumpy shirt, grumpy jacket, and grumpy scarf, too.

Lol poor grumpy Susie! Obviously this means it's time for happy music yes? That tends to get me out of the funks

No, no. Definitely not. I'm in the kind of mood where I want to smack anyone who looks too cheerful. I'd probably punch the radio.

Disclaimer: Not really. I'm not a violent person. I'd most likely yell at it to just SHUT UP ALREADY. :D

Sounds like you need to find a different ensemble to wear!

Do you have any cheerful pants I could borrow? :D

How about these?

vxts4nszwe5p.jpg
    Would they make those in my size! :smiley:

I love banana. I actually bought some banana ice cream last night.
    I've never seen banana ice cream other than the stuff that's made from actual frozen bananas, which is quite good but not as good as anything with fake banana flavour :grin:

That looks like a pretty easy knitting pattern. I could definitely make those in adult size. It would take forever, but it could be done! I've been planning to do a full knitted onesie in fancy merino-silk blend wool for a while to wear around the house and now I'm kind of inspired to do a silly pattern on the butt like that...because at the point you're wearing a knitted onesie it's not like you can look much sillier.

I'm a very novice knitter. I just started learning a few months ago. I'm currently knitting a baby blanket and all I can say is it's a good thing I started as soon as I found out I was pregnant because I'm going to need a full 9 months to finish it!
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    Update: I have finished writing all of my reviews. Said reviews will take place over a few days next week.

I was supposed to have dinner with a friend, but she had to cancel, so now I have no idea what to do with myself tonight.

So go outside and enjoy the weather (If it's nice?) Winter is coming! :smile:

I was actually considering taking my run outside today. But I'm supposed to lift, so it seems silly to go to the gym AND run around outside.

I still might do it!

I have run to the gym, lifted and gotten my husband to drive me home. LOL!

Nice! I would do that if the gym wasn't in the opposite direction to him...
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    So I sacrificed 6 minutes of my lunch walk to go and buy bananas.

While at the grocery store, I saw one of my coworkers and -- momentarily oblivious to the fact that I had talked about craving banana in here and not IRL -- raised my bunch of bananas in a triumphant "see? I got them!" salute. Then realized that she had absolutely no idea why I was waving at her with bananas so excitedly.

Real life and virtual life are becoming somewhat muddled.

And the bananas themselves are an exercise in delayed gratification because they are too green to eat right now, even by my banana-liberal standards.

:lol: That made me laugh! I've almost done that and caught myself before it happened.
  • Oberon21
    Options

I hope that grumpy outfit went in the goodwill bin today!
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    I started my fitness journey about 3 weeks ago. My initial weight was 215 lbs. and I am now at 203 lbs. I follow a strict Low-Carb diet ( 1500 calories) and a 25-minute fitness program. I want to reach 160 lbs. in the next 3 months. Any fitness and health advice are welcome and a special person to be my inspiration. :blush:

Congrats on the weight loss so far.

A few questions:

1. Do you have a medical condition to eat low carb?
    2. Why do you want to reach 160 pounds in 3 months?

My advice is if you don't have a medical condition to eat low carb then don't do it. Most people who eat low carb think they're losing weight since they're limiting their carbs when in reality they're eating less overall than they're burning thus creating a deficit to lose weight. Most once they're down to their desired weight go right back to the way they were eating before & gain weight from eating over their deficit. I always try & tell people to eat in a way that will be sustainable for life. Do you see yourself always limiting carbs once you reach your desired weight?

Why are you only eating 1,500 calories a day? Do you weigh your food on a food scale? If not then you could be eating way more than you think. Since you're a 34 year old male I am sure you would need a lot more than 1,500 calories a day. You should look up Scooby's accurate calorie calculator & input your numbers in there & see what it tells you to eat.

Why do you have to reach 160 pounds in 3 months? Event coming up?

Some people do better on low carb...like myself. I feel better, I sleep better...I think everyone is different.

Ditto. I haven't had pasta, rice or a sandwich in 7-8 weeks and I really don't care. I allow myself some potato every now and then. Some people adapt to low carb quite well, and I do think I could do this for the rest of my life. I miss fruit the most, but once I reach my goal weight I can lift it up to 100-150g carbs a day and easily squeeze in fruit :smile:
    I say don't knock it til you try it.

Edit, I'm a bit behind on this thread so apologies

I think I'd miss fruit the most too. I'm happy it's working out so well for you!!

I get sad when I go food shopping and have to walk past all the bright coloured fruit and just head for the veg. Courgette (zucchini I believe in America?) is my new best friend. :yum:

Do you like spaghetti squash? Every now & then I will make that & put a little salad dressing on it or chicken.

I've never heard of this! I've seen spaghetti courgette but not squash. Is it pre-spaghettied or do you have to do it yourself?
  • spamarie
    Options
    nuffer wrote: »
    Back in the '80s I had a lot of bandanas.

I cannot judge. I am a child of the 90s, and let me tell you fluorescent lycra cycling shorts were IN.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    ohgeeque wrote: »
    I am so mad at my DOH! We joined the Y instead of the nearby gym because it had all the things he wanted, a pool, free weights and child minding. Now in four months he has only gone once, and that was five weeks ago. I have adjusted; I have learned to appreciate the Y. The staff is very helpful, they made sure I have a better understanding of the equipment than any of the gyms I have belonged to in the past, no one is trying to up-sell me, the people who go there are very nice and I am going 3-4 times a week. Clearly, it is working for me.

But I wanted to join the gym where I could watch Supernatural while on the treadmill! I wanted the gym that was open later than 4 on Saturday and noon on Sunday! I wanted a rowing machine!

A happy wife is a happy life, so I am going to leverage my dissatisfaction into Belly Dancing lessons.

That is all. :)

BEST THING EVER! I have always wanted to do Belly Dancing but when I had them nearby in Odessa,TX, we couldn't afford it. Now if I want them I have to drive all the way into Austin... :confounded:

ETA: I hit 1,000 posts and didn't even realize it. I hit my 40 pounds lost marker yesterday and didn't even record it yesterday. I guess my perspective is different and I'm focusing on other goals instead. :blush:

WAY TO GO @lilaclovebird!!! That's awesome!!

Great job @lilaclovebird !!!

Ditto!
  • Oberon21
    edited August 2015
    Options

pofoster21 wrote: »
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    Oh gosh - forgot to say @Tubbs216 - You must be so proud of your oldest for going through with such a grown up interview! I hope he gets the job.

Great news that your daughter's tests came back normal! Excellent!

I must admit that the name "clotted cream" makes me gag. I have this horrible aversion to milk specifically because it gets all clumpy and sooooo groooosssss when it starts to spoil. So "clotted cream" translates into "rotten nasty milk" for me.

The worst part is that I've never actually tried clotted cream, as it's not a thing here in the US. I bet I'd LOVE it if I tried it elsewhere AND if they didn't tell me that's what I was eating. Just call it... ummm... buttery pudding... or sweetened cream.... or... well, anything but "clotted". Hee hee

I wish I could send you all some clotted cream

I have never had a desire for clotted cream. ..sounded disgusting. When I am in London next year I now vow to try it.

Oh yes you will! If I can persuade you down to Devon for s couple of days, I will take you for the best cream tea ever at ny favourite café on the cliffs.

I WANT to go to Devon! I want to meet Charlie and yet to be named baby girl and go to the zoo and check it all out! I have to get a Scotland/England guidebook and start reading up.

We will put Devon on the itinerary, and anywhere else you want to go. And you Can meet my babies and.we'll take them to the zoo. And Windsor Castle tower of London, Hampton Court, Highclere house (Downton abbey) Covent garden,

I want to come I want to come!!! We didn't get to go to Hampton Court and that was one of the places I wanted to go realllllly bad! I may be living over there by that time :)
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    Oh gosh - forgot to say @Tubbs216 - You must be so proud of your oldest for going through with such a grown up interview! I hope he gets the job.

Great news that your daughter's tests came back normal! Excellent!

I must admit that the name "clotted cream" makes me gag. I have this horrible aversion to milk specifically because it gets all clumpy and sooooo groooosssss when it starts to spoil. So "clotted cream" translates into "rotten nasty milk" for me.

The worst part is that I've never actually tried clotted cream, as it's not a thing here in the US. I bet I'd LOVE it if I tried it elsewhere AND if they didn't tell me that's what I was eating. Just call it... ummm... buttery pudding... or sweetened cream.... or... well, anything but "clotted". Hee hee

I wish I could send you all some clotted cream

I have never had a desire for clotted cream. ..sounded disgusting. When I am in London next year I now vow to try it.

Oh yes you will! If I can persuade you down to Devon for s couple of days, I will take you for the best cream tea ever at ny favourite café on the cliffs.

I WANT to go to Devon! I want to meet Charlie and yet to be named baby girl and go to the zoo and check it all out! I have to get a Scotland/England guidebook and start reading up.

We will put Devon on the itinerary, and anywhere else you want to go. And you Can meet my babies and.we'll take them to the zoo. And Windsor Castle tower of London, Hampton Court, Highclere house (Downton abbey) Covent garden,

I want to come I want to come!!! We didn't get to go to Hampton Court and that was one of the places I wanted to go realllllly bad! I may be living over there by that time :)

Of course you can come! Hampton Court is a day trip and easy to get to.

I've only got a little flat in Devon but everyone is welcome as long as you can cope with camp beds and air beds.

Yesssss! If I'm not living there already I can just stay with my SO! He can drive me to meet up with y'all!

Yay! We have three now, and I think eithe Julie or Lois was thinking of joining us too!

I have never seen Downton Abbey, I guess I better watch before July 2016. I remember the Tower of London, that was cool. I haven't been to Hampton Court. I can't wait!

Laura are you going to join us on the mountain climb?

I'm happy to tag along! :smile: I'll bring Danny kicking and screaming as well if he is invited?

Yes! That would be fabulous. Nicci. .. we're going to need a bigger boat (cottage). :)
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I follow a few lost pet pages on Facebook and someone found a dog that looks almost identical to my dog I had euthanized in October. It is making me feel odd, and actually a little sick. :disappointed:

ETA: the dog looks like it's a stray or been abandoned for some time and I think seeing a dog that looks like Emery in that condition is what's bothering me.

Do you have room for another? Maybe he is,meant for you....
  • Oberon21
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    My niece did something so hilarious today that made me think of this thread.

My youngest niece came over to her mom today & asked for Chocolate Milk. My sister went over & got the milk & the powder & my niece threw the hugest fit. What did she want? She just wanted the powder in the glass & then threw herself on the floor & had a huge fit. Needless to say she didn't get her own way.

I was happy that today I fit in Chipotle (steak burritos yum) & a whole pint of frozen yogurt.

Ha! That's awesome!!
    And I LOVE Chipotle!! I haven't had it in well over a year though! Not sure why...we just never think to go there when we get food. That should change soon!! Awesome job fitting that AND frozen yogurt!! Winnnn!!!!!!

I love Chipotle too. Mmmmm mmmmmm.

Chipotle is a huge reason I got fat buuuut I still eat it! Just not in such large quantities anymore! Haha <3

It really is so good. I wish there was one close to where I work, because I would go there at least once or twice a week.

I confess, I have no idea why people even like Chipotle, let alone lust after it. Just doesn't do it for me. ;)

Qdoba is my Mexican quick-serve of choice, but I also quite enjoy Moe's Southwest Grill. Really though, Mexican food is so easy, I'd rather just make it at home.

And use twice the amount of cheese. No judgment.

I love Moe's! And Chipotle too though. I want another trip to America! But, I don't like cheese that much and always asked them to put less, half the time they didn't understand and tried to put more. I think it just didn't make sense to them that anyone would want less cheese than they were entitled to!

I have one thing to say to this... Country music marathon

So, who all is going?

So far me, Nicci and my friend and her daughter are definitive. You in?

I'm going to do my best to be there! I may not be able to actually run, but I plan on cheering everyone on! :)

There are shorter races that weekend too. Either way do come it will be a blast!
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    AND he's drinking soda all night because he's got one of those built in court mandated car breathalyzers. now don't get me wrong, a designated driver is totally something i need in my life, and baby jesus knows i could easily be stuck in that situation given my shenanigans, but this dude was just not it.
    You cannot criticise someone for drinking soda if they're driving, they damn well should be, as should you!

I am concerned about your attitude to drink driving and find it offensive. I know the culture in the UK is a bit different, there are very few people I think who would consider it anything but unacceptable. So many people get killed or suffer life changing injuries at the hands of drink drivers and it's so avoidable.

I apologise for going against the spirit of this thread, but I couldn't not say it. Just drink coke if you need to drive.