Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Whyyy would someone want to eat 30-50 bananas a day? Or even a week? WTH?

Or even in a lifetime..bananas for me ..yuck!!

Same here! The taste and the texture both do me in--I can't stand bananas. :s

I only like greenish bananas, when they're still kinda hard. But I've read that those aren't great for your digestion (there's a compound in them that breaks down during ripening, but it causes GI issues for some people) so I don't really buy bananas at all anymore, unless it's for banana bread (which I do really like. Sliced, warm, with butter. Yep.)

Sorry you're having a grumpy day, Susie. Found any good anger-relievers yet? I bought an adult colouring book a couple months ago and that's now my go-to when I'm annoyed. It's totally soothing.

It's just resistant starch, similar to that found in beans (which is why they make people gassy and sometimes cause GI discomfort). I've actually never tasted a green banana, but I don't think it would make it taste any better. :p

They're less sweet and therefore better IMO.

EXACTLY. I'm all about not-quite-ripe bananas. If they have even the smallest of brown spots, they become dessert. ;)
  • CountessKitteh
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Have any of you ever read about banana flavouring?

Apparently, when artificial banana flavour was being made, it was based on a specific variety of banana which was popular at the time but hardly grown at all anymore. So apparently, artificial banana flavouring DOES kind of taste like real banana, but it's a kind of banana most of us have never tasted. Weird, right? Here's a link to an article that says it's kind of an urban legend but there is truth to it. This is another cool article on artificial flavours if anyone is interested.

I know this because fake banana is by far my favourite of any artificial flavour - I think I may have mentioned this on the thread before but I used to fake ear infections as a kid so I could get the banana penicillin.

Artificial grape, on the other hand, is like garbage in my mouth. We have a 125-count box of freezies in our deep freeze right now that's just had all the other flavours other than grape picked out of it because no one in my house likes it. I should throw them out because they will literally stay there until next summer otherwise.

I feel this way about artificial watermelon. I LOVE watermelon, but anything watermelon-flavoured is disgusting.

I loved the banana medicine too :smile:

Apparently you are my watermelon opposite. Get that fresh, drippy nonsense away from me and bring on the Jolly Ranchers!
  • CountessKitteh
    Options
    Update: I have finished writing all of my reviews. Said reviews will take place over a few days next week.

I was supposed to have dinner with a friend, but she had to cancel, so now I have no idea what to do with myself tonight.
  • CountessKitteh
    Options
    I own 1528 right now.

With my newfound power, I request that some of you lurkers (you know you're out there) say hi! :)
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    Update: I have finished writing all of my reviews. Said reviews will take place over a few days next week.

I was supposed to have dinner with a friend, but she had to cancel, so now I have no idea what to do with myself tonight.

So go outside and enjoy the weather (If it's nice?) Winter is coming! :smile:
  • ejb060793
    ejb060793 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    <--- Lurker. Hi!
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    I own 1528 right now.

With my newfound power, I request that some of you lurkers (you know you're out there) say hi! :)

Hi!! :) I confess that I don't like banana or watermelon flavored anything. I like bananas and I can eat them just about any ripeness. I think watermelon is okay.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Have any of you ever read about banana flavouring?

Apparently, when artificial banana flavour was being made, it was based on a specific variety of banana which was popular at the time but hardly grown at all anymore. So apparently, artificial banana flavouring DOES kind of taste like real banana, but it's a kind of banana most of us have never tasted. Weird, right? Here's a link to an article that says it's kind of an urban legend but there is truth to it. This is another cool article on artificial flavours if anyone is interested.

I know this because fake banana is by far my favourite of any artificial flavour - I think I may have mentioned this on the thread before but I used to fake ear infections as a kid so I could get the banana penicillin.

Artificial grape, on the other hand, is like garbage in my mouth. We have a 125-count box of freezies in our deep freeze right now that's just had all the other flavours other than grape picked out of it because no one in my house likes it. I should throw them out because they will literally stay there until next summer otherwise.

I feel this way about artificial watermelon. I LOVE watermelon, but anything watermelon-flavoured is disgusting.

I loved the banana medicine too :smile:

Apparently you are my watermelon opposite. Get that fresh, drippy nonsense away from me and bring on the Jolly Ranchers!

Lol, I will gladly give you and @ythannah any watermelon flavoured things I end up with
  • CountessKitteh
    Options
    ejb060793 wrote: »
    <--- Lurker. Hi!
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    I own 1528 right now.

Hi!! :) I confess that I don't like banana or watermelon flavored anything. I like bananas and I can eat them just about any ripeness. I think watermelon is okay.

Yessssss! I feel like a super hero (villain?) right now.

Hi!
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    <--- Lurker. Hi!

@CountessKitteh your power works!
  • CountessKitteh
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »

I was actually considering taking my run outside today. But I'm supposed to lift, so it seems silly to go to the gym AND run around outside.

I still might do it!
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    <--- Lurker. Hi!

@CountessKitteh your power works!
    89tqh3tjmumq.gif

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Confession: I totally have my grumpy pants on today. And probably a grumpy shirt, grumpy jacket, and grumpy scarf, too.

You gotta get rid of that grumpy scarf. It's ugly. Trade it for a sunny yellow one!

I know, right? Super ugly. But then, yellow makes me look sallow...
    bkhamill wrote: »
    Confession: I totally have my grumpy pants on today. And probably a grumpy shirt, grumpy jacket, and grumpy scarf, too.

Lol poor grumpy Susie! Obviously this means it's time for happy music yes? That tends to get me out of the funks

No, no. Definitely not. I'm in the kind of mood where I want to smack anyone who looks too cheerful. I'd probably punch the radio.

Disclaimer: Not really. I'm not a violent person. I'd most likely yell at it to just SHUT UP ALREADY. :D

Sounds like you need to find a different ensemble to wear!

Do you have any cheerful pants I could borrow? :D

How about a nice pink?

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options

I was actually considering taking my run outside today. But I'm supposed to lift, so it seems silly to go to the gym AND run around outside.

I still might do it!

I have run to the gym, lifted and gotten my husband to drive me home. LOL!

• ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    So I sacrificed 6 minutes of my lunch walk to go and buy bananas.

While at the grocery store, I saw one of my coworkers and -- momentarily oblivious to the fact that I had talked about craving banana in here and not IRL -- raised my bunch of bananas in a triumphant "see? I got them!" salute. Then realized that she had absolutely no idea why I was waving at her with bananas so excitedly.

Real life and virtual life are becoming somewhat muddled.

And the bananas themselves are an exercise in delayed gratification because they are too green to eat right now, even by my banana-liberal standards.
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »

While at the grocery store, I saw one of my coworkers and -- momentarily oblivious to the fact that I had talked about craving banana in here and not IRL -- raised my bunch of bananas in a triumphant "see? I got them!" salute. Then realized that she had absolutely no idea why I was waving at her with bananas so excitedly.

And the bananas themselves are an exercise in delayed gratification because they are too green to eat right now, even by my banana-liberal standards.

Off topic, but when people used to ask my grandpa how he was doing (in his last few years) he always responded with "I Aint buying green bananas, if you know what I mean"
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    I own 1528 right now.

This cracked me up!
  • kecmw25
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »

Off topic, but when people used to ask my grandpa how he was doing (in his last few years) he always responded with "I Aint buying green bananas, if you know what I mean"

I don't get it

@ythannah that's pretty funny :D
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

HAHAHA I love this! Hilarious- and sounds exactly like something I would do too!
  • kecmw25
    Options
    <--- Lurker. Hi!
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    I own 1528 right now.

Yessssss! I feel like a super hero (villain?) right now.

Hi!

Hero, definitely :)