Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    I'm annoyed with my job today. Can you tell?

It doesn't show. ;)

I'm rather fond of bananas, in almost any stage of ripeness other than the extremes, and wouldn't eat more than one or two a day.

I have been known to mush one up in a bowl and just eat mashed banana, as a snack.

Now I'm craving banana. May have to swing by a grocery store on my walk and grab a bunch.

I like bananas, but only in the ripe, starting to freckle stage. Yum. I haven't had any in a while though since I was supposed to be following a nutrition plan with low-ish sugar (she says after eating ice cream last night).
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »

It doesn't show. ;)

I'm rather fond of bananas, in almost any stage of ripeness other than the extremes, and wouldn't eat more than one or two a day.

I have been known to mush one up in a bowl and just eat mashed banana, as a snack.

Now I'm craving banana. May have to swing by a grocery store on my walk and grab a bunch.

I like bananas, but only in the ripe, starting to freckle stage. Yum. I haven't had any in a while though since I was supposed to be following a nutrition plan with low-ish sugar (she says after eating ice cream last night).

Me too! I'm very picky about my bananas- they can't be too green and they can't be too mushy- they have to be juuuust right. I'm like the Little Read Riding Hood of bananas!
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Whyyy would someone want to eat 30-50 bananas a day? Or even a week? WTH?

Or even in a lifetime..bananas for me ..yuck!!

Same here! The taste and the texture both do me in--I can't stand bananas. :s

My mom said the first time she fed them to me when I was a baby I vomited wand went limp. She thought she killed me lol
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Have any of you ever read about banana flavouring?

Apparently, when artificial banana flavour was being made, it was based on a specific variety of banana which was popular at the time but hardly grown at all anymore. So apparently, artificial banana flavouring DOES kind of taste like real banana, but it's a kind of banana most of us have never tasted. Weird, right? Here's a link to an article that says it's kind of an urban legend but there is truth to it. This is another cool article on artificial flavours if anyone is interested.

I know this because fake banana is by far my favourite of any artificial flavour - I think I may have mentioned this on the thread before but I used to fake ear infections as a kid so I could get the banana penicillin.

Artificial grape, on the other hand, is like garbage in my mouth. We have a 125-count box of freezies in our deep freeze right now that's just had all the other flavours other than grape picked out of it because no one in my house likes it. I should throw them out because they will literally stay there until next summer otherwise.
  • riderfangal
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »

Apparently, when artificial banana flavour was being made, it was based on a specific variety of banana which was popular at the time but hardly grown at all anymore. So apparently, artificial banana flavouring DOES kind of taste like real banana, but it's a kind of banana most of us have never tasted. Weird, right? Here's a link to an article that says it's kind of an urban legend but there is truth to it. This is another cool article on artificial flavours if anyone is interested.

I know this because fake banana is by far my favourite of any artificial flavour - I think I may have mentioned this on the thread before but I used to fake ear infections as a kid so I could get the banana penicillin.

Artificial grape, on the other hand, is like garbage in my mouth. We have a 125-count box of freezies in our deep freeze right now that's just had all the other flavours other than grape picked out of it because no one in my house likes it. I should throw them out because they will literally stay there until next summer otherwise.

I pick those out first!!!
  • ShibaEars
    Options

I feel this way about artificial watermelon. I LOVE watermelon, but anything watermelon-flavoured is disgusting.

I loved the banana medicine too :smile:
  • peleroja
    Options

I should send them to you, haha. I refuse to touch grape-flavoured anything.

Except this one cocktail I like at a local restaurant that has vodka, late-harvest Muscat, white grape juice, and frozen grapes. But that's actual grape, not the purple flavour.
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »

It doesn't show. ;)

Me too! I'm very picky about my bananas- they can't be too green and they can't be too mushy- they have to be juuuust right. I'm like the Little Read Riding Hood of bananas!

I don't buy them often because I waste a lot by missing that window of perfect ripeness
  • riderfangal
    Options

I should send them to you, haha. I refuse to touch grape-flavoured anything.

Except this one cocktail I like at a local restaurant that has vodka, late-harvest Muscat, white grape juice, and frozen grapes. But that's actual grape, not the purple flavour.

Have you tried Grapples. Yum yum yum lol
  • peleroja
    Options

I feel this way about artificial watermelon. I LOVE watermelon, but anything watermelon-flavoured is disgusting.

I loved the banana medicine too :smile:

Artificial watermelon just tastes like sweet to me, I can't discern what it's meant to evoke at all. I don't mind it but I don't really think it has a great deal of flavour.
  • ohgeeque
    ohgeeque Posts: 224 Member
    Options

Sam, Dean & Cas would be great motivation to keep going :wink:
    I know, right. I am such a huge fan of Supernatural that my son could say, "It's Sam and Dean" before he could say "Dada".

I am such a bad mommy.

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    Confession: I totally have my grumpy pants on today. And probably a grumpy shirt, grumpy jacket, and grumpy scarf, too.

You gotta get rid of that grumpy scarf. It's ugly. Trade it for a sunny yellow one!

I know, right? Super ugly. But then, yellow makes me look sallow...
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    Confession: I totally have my grumpy pants on today. And probably a grumpy shirt, grumpy jacket, and grumpy scarf, too.

Lol poor grumpy Susie! Obviously this means it's time for happy music yes? That tends to get me out of the funks

No, no. Definitely not. I'm in the kind of mood where I want to smack anyone who looks too cheerful. I'd probably punch the radio.

Disclaimer: Not really. I'm not a violent person. I'd most likely yell at it to just SHUT UP ALREADY. :D

Sounds like you need to find a different ensemble to wear!

Do you have any cheerful pants I could borrow? :D

How about these?

vxts4nszwe5p.jpg
    Would they make those in my size! :smiley:

I love banana. I actually bought some banana ice cream last night.

• peleroja
    Options

You gotta get rid of that grumpy scarf. It's ugly. Trade it for a sunny yellow one!

Lol poor grumpy Susie! Obviously this means it's time for happy music yes? That tends to get me out of the funks

No, no. Definitely not. I'm in the kind of mood where I want to smack anyone who looks too cheerful. I'd probably punch the radio.

Disclaimer: Not really. I'm not a violent person. I'd most likely yell at it to just SHUT UP ALREADY. :D

How about these?

vxts4nszwe5p.jpg

I've never seen banana ice cream other than the stuff that's made from actual frozen bananas, which is quite good but not as good as anything with fake banana flavour :grin:

That looks like a pretty easy knitting pattern. I could definitely make those in adult size. It would take forever, but it could be done! I've been planning to do a full knitted onesie in fancy merino-silk blend wool for a while to wear around the house and now I'm kind of inspired to do a silly pattern on the butt like that...because at the point you're wearing a knitted onesie it's not like you can look much sillier.
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    ohgeeque wrote: »

Sam, Dean & Cas would be great motivation to keep going :wink:
    I know, right. I am such a huge fan of Supernatural that my son could say, "It's Sam and Dean" before he could say "Dada".

I am such a bad mommy.

LOL. I am trying to plan a trip to one of their conventions next year, just have to decide which city will work the best!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options

How about these?

vxts4nszwe5p.jpg

I've never seen banana ice cream other than the stuff that's made from actual frozen bananas, which is quite good but not as good as anything with fake banana flavour :grin:

That looks like a pretty easy knitting pattern. I could definitely make those in adult size. It would take forever, but it could be done! I've been planning to do a full knitted onesie in fancy merino-silk blend wool for a while to wear around the house and now I'm kind of inspired to do a silly pattern on the butt like that...because at the point you're wearing a knitted onesie it's not like you can look much sillier.
    It was HEB banana nut. I know Talenti has or had a banana chocolate swirl gelato and that Marble Slab has that flavor as well.

I can just imagine the knitted onesies right now. XD

I like the new avatar @ShibaEars

• bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options

How about these?

vxts4nszwe5p.jpg

Not much better than my mom's homemade banana nut ice cream.
  • ShibaEars
    Options

How about these?

vxts4nszwe5p.jpg

It was HEB banana nut. I know Talenti has or had a banana chocolate swirl gelato and that Marble Slab has that flavor as well.

• kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Those little pants are so freaking cute!!! :smiley:
    ETA: I'm not sure sitting on Elmo's nose would be much fun though..
  • riderfangal
    Options

How about these?

vxts4nszwe5p.jpg

Me too :0
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I just signed up for Camp Gladiator (boot camp) for the month of September for only $7 - if you are interested and in an area that this is offered - for one more hour you can get this deal (for anyone who is not a current CG member). go to http://cg7.campgladiator.com/#/