Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Thanks guys :blush: My siblings and I have said that even if our time spent with our dad was cut short, we were lucky to have had such a strong father. Towards the end of his life he couldn't even move his hands and my stepdad said he thought my dad held on as long as he did so he could see us all grow up. I miss him terribly.
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    My parents separated when I was pretty young and I remember not being too upset about it. My father had MS and my mother had to help lift him into bed, get him dressed, help him to the toilet, etc. Finally it became too much for her to handle and he moved out into his own apartment where a nurse could look after him. I saw him pretty much the same because he was always in hospitals and I was able to sympathize with my mom who seemed very stressed.

I knew they would never get back together and I thought that was for the best.... I saw my dad on the weekends and eventually moved in with him to help take care of him (also I was going through a rough patch with my mom). But I never held their separation against mom or thought less of her for it.

Before my dad died he told me that my mom's new husband seemed like a really nice and lovely person. When I told my stepdad this he cried and said my dad was an honorable and strong man. Sniffle...

Aw wow what an amazing man! This really hits
    home for me as my sister in law has MS. I remember my dad talking to my brother about marrying her just wanting my brother to realize when you say for better or for worse, you mean it 100% and she has MS. My brother said I know dad I love her more than anything and I'm willing to take care of her the rest of her life :'( I have the best big brother in the world <3
    That's so sweet :'(
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    @lilaclovebird

I have sent some pretty embarrassing texts in my day as well. Just one more reason I have not to drink!
  • riderfangal
    Options
    @FluffySandwich Your dad sounds like he was a wonderful person. I'm so sorry for your loss. <3

Yes this
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    @FluffySandwich Your dad sounds like he was a wonderful person. I'm so sorry for your loss. <3

Yes this

Agreed
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Agreed.

• raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options

Indeed! <3
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    So, Raelynn has a dentist appointment tomorrow morning. We had to switch dentists after the one she was seeing refused to see her anymore and suggested we go to an actual pediatric dentist that could better handle her issues. We have already mentioned to the new dentist's office that this may not go over well with her SPD and anxiety, to which they told us if need be they would sedate her for the cleaning and exam. She really needs to be seen because genetics isn't on her side and she's already got signs of wear on her front teeth from chewing things so much. We actually bought her a teething toy just to give her something that is specifically for chewing on. I'm just hoping things go relatively smooth for us tomorrow. She knows we're going to the dentist, but I'm not sure she's completely understanding what they're going to do since the other dentist was never able to actually do a cleaning or exam. :neutral:
  • nonoelmo
    edited August 2015
    Options
    So, Raelynn has a dentist appointment tomorrow morning. We had to switch dentists after the one she was seeing refused to see her anymore and suggested we go to an actual pediatric dentist that could better handle her issues. We have already mentioned to the new dentist's office that this may not go over well with her SPD and anxiety, to which they told us if need be they would sedate her for the cleaning and exam. She really needs to be seen because genetics isn't on her side and she's already got signs of wear on her front teeth from chewing things so much. We actually bought her a teething toy just to give her something that is specifically for chewing on. I'm just hoping things go relatively smooth for us tomorrow. She knows we're going to the dentist, but I'm not sure she's completely understanding what they're going to do since the other dentist was never able to actually do a cleaning or exam. :neutral:

We took son to a pediatric dentist who specifically worked with special needs kids. He was great.

I'm hoping your experience is the same. Good luck
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options

Good luck! We just went to the dentist and were very nervous because our son HATES doctor's visits. It went great and we were so surprised/happy!! Hopefully you'll have a better experience with a pediatric dentist!!

@LBuehrle8, your brother sounds like an awesome person and perfect husband!!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    ellarishee wrote: »
    Today I was ridiculously over my calorie goal, but somehow STILL couldn't stop myself from finishing the calorie laden belgian chocolate flapjack in my fridge. (Even though I was 400 calories in the red.) So, instead of making today's logging look even more horrific, I logged 1/2 of the calories in tomorrow's section and 1/2 in Tuesday's so I can make up for it over the course of the week. WHY??

Being over 400 calories isn't bad at all. I hope you enjoyed it! Logging calories to even out over a week's time is pretty common. You'll be fine!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    My parents separated when I was pretty young and I remember not being too upset about it. My father had MS and my mother had to help lift him into bed, get him dressed, help him to the toilet, etc. Finally it became too much for her to handle and he moved out into his own apartment where a nurse could look after him. I saw him pretty much the same because he was always in hospitals and I was able to sympathize with my mom who seemed very stressed.

I knew they would never get back together and I thought that was for the best.... I saw my dad on the weekends and eventually moved in with him to help take care of him (also I was going through a rough patch with my mom). But I never held their separation against mom or thought less of her for it.

Before my dad died he told me that my mom's new husband seemed like a really nice and lovely person. When I told my stepdad this he cried and said my dad was an honorable and strong man. Sniffle...

home for me as my sister in law has MS. I remember my dad talking to my brother about marrying her just wanting my brother to realize when you say for better or for worse, you mean it 100% and she has MS. My brother said I know dad I love her more than anything and I'm willing to take care of her the rest of her life :'( I have the best big brother in the world <3

You do! But based on your personalityI am not in the least surprised.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I went to PetSmart yesterday after about five weeks. So I bought quite a few cans of food, couple months worth. The cashier asked me how many cats I had.....when I said one, he replied, "Um, is it a mountain lion?"

We have 5 cats now. We went to the store and bought 24 cans of cat food, and the cashier asked if we were cat people. Nah, we just like having cat food on hand. Lol

LOL! You should've said nope stocking up for the winter months :D:D:D

I buy 7 to 8 cases of 24 cans of fancy feast about every 3 weeks. 4 or 5 for home and 3 for the barn. My cats + porch kitty go thru 6 a day.
  • Oberon21
    edited August 2015
    Options

I agree he sounds wonderful and I am sorry.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Thanks @kelly_c_77!

Aw @pofoster21 you are so sweet! <3

@raelynnsmama52512 positive thoughts for you and Raelynn tomorrow!! I'll keep my fingers crossed let us know how it turns out (((hugs!)))
  • ejb060793
    ejb060793 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    I went to PetSmart yesterday after about five weeks. So I bought quite a few cans of food, couple months worth. The cashier asked me how many cats I had.....when I said one, he replied, "Um, is it a mountain lion?"

We have 5 cats now. We went to the store and bought 24 cans of cat food, and the cashier asked if we were cat people. Nah, we just like having cat food on hand. Lol

I buy 7 to 8 cases of 24 cans of fancy feast about every 3 weeks. 4 or 5 for home and 3 for the barn. My cats + porch kitty go thru 6 a day.

I bought 120 cans of SlimFast today... 60 for myself for the month and 60 for my Mother-In-Law. I got a lot of really weird looks pushing my cart through Walmart.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    ejb060793 wrote: »

I bought 120 cans of SlimFast today... 60 for myself for the month and 60 for my Mother-In-Law. I got a lot of really weird looks pushing my cart through Walmart.

Now I could understand the weird looks if you were buying stuff like a shovel, tape, saw, gun, knives, etc. but not Slim Fast.
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    My parents go through a 50 pound bag of wild birdseed every two weeks in the winter months. The deer come and eat the birdseed too, so my dad is always coming up with ways to keep the deer out of the birdseed and the snow off of the birdseed.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    ejb060793 wrote: »
    I cried most of this morning. My husband jokingly said he thought I could probably stand to lose another 100 pounds.. just good natured teasing, nothing abnormal, and I cried... for hours.. over something as stupid as a joke... =/

I'm sorry I know everyone was nice about this but no matter what weight you are that is not nice. I hope he regrets it now. Don't let him get you down. Hugs even though I don't know you!

I don't necessarily agree. Since my husband has this sense of humor, I can see the teasing behind it--It's definitely not appropriate for all audiences and depends on the dynamic of the marriage, but I don't get hurt or take it seriously when Mr. Susie makes jokes like these, and I make similar ones with him. Different strokes for different folks and all that. :)

HOWEVER, if these types of jokes hurt my feelings, he would never make them again--I know that for sure and he has mentioned it to me more than once. If the jokes were made with the intention of hurting someone or with the knowledge that it would hurt them, that's obviously a totally different ballgame. :)

Maybe so but a woman's weight is almost never something to joke about. I can't imagine if you are married to someone you wouldn't know that would hurt (if your wife is one who cares).

I have the opposite "problem" from this. I refer to my extra weight as "my squish" because it's what keeps me squishy (like, I have really strong core muscles...but you can't see them - ha!), and Dave gets annoyed with me when I talk about having to get rid of it because it's stupid. He's all "you're perfect the way you are" and junk. Which is sweet, but not the attitude I need to get my butt to the gym. ;)

Well I think it's sweet he loves you just the way you are. ;)
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Every wedding I've been to with divorced parents that's what I've seen done. Little girl needs to get over the fact her parents aren't together and never will be again. I know that's harsh but seriously c'mon.

Yea, I was kind thinking this. Danny's dad has already made it clear he won't be attending Danny or his sisters wedding to avoid their mum. I don't mind, but I feel sorry for Danny's sister as her dad has pretty much said he won't walk her down the isle. :#

Aw that is sad :( I understand not being near each other but for the sake of your kids you should at least be able to avoid each other for one night at the same function.

My brother hates his ex and was like this at first. Until someone pointed out that he's a grownup man who is hurting his children.

My brother's ex cheated on him with one of his friends and is now marrying him which is why he hates her.

I would hate her too. I am a bit judgemental with regards to cheating when married. If you are going to mess,around outside of marriage behind your wife's back...then just separate. I would so hate being the victim of a cheating spouse that I would never never be the other woman.
  • riderfangal
    Options

Yes. It sounds like you really do!