Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    Guys, I appreciate extra marital affairs are a hot button issue, but can we tone down the judging please? We have a lot of people on the thread and we don't know their circumstances. We can't judge until we've walked a mile in their shoes. Then we're a mile away, with new shoes ;)

FWIW, I've been both the other woman and been cheated on (different men, both before I was age 20). Believe me when I say I know karma kicked my butt for choices I made. I could put it down to immaturity. Sometimes, despite having a moral compass, emotions can lead to terrible decisions. I don't excuse what I did in the past, but look at it as an experience that brings me here today.

And now, I practice ethical non monogamy, everything is open, there is no need to lie or go behind anyone's back. That said the smarties and I are closed, which means none if us want or are looking for any other partner or playmate, but if anyone did, it would be openly discussed.

But given social norms and pressure to conform, most people will do the underhand thing and hope they don't get caught, because the idea that you can be with, or love more than one person at a time is not yet acceptable. No one person should be under pressure to meet all the need, wants and desires of another person.

I have absolutely no issue with anyone being with or loving more than one person at a time as long as everyone involved knows the score... just don't make a commitment of exclusivity with one and then play around. If you can't be monogamous, don't pretend to be.

It's not the multiple partner aspect that bothers me, it's deception.

edit: grammar

okay, one more on this...yes this I agree with. If its in the open, have at it. :)
  • Oberon21
    Options
    And... I am going back to what I do best... posting some shoes in the picture thread. :)
  • Oberon21
    Options
    BTW we will hit 1550 today.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    And... I am going back to what I do best... posting some shoes in the picture thread. :)

Oooh, heading over!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    So very busy and so far behind in this thread. Just wanted to stop by and tell you all I've been thinking about you. Hope everyone is doing super great!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »

Oooh, heading over!

This is doubly funny as I posted one just for YOU! I must have @CountessKitteh 's power to pull people to the thread!
  • stickers456
    stickers456 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I ate 2 packs of protein bars in one sitting because they tasted like chocolate. Never will I buy them again.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    It's a good Monday so far. My hands are healing pretty well, no major damage there. I got my Blue Bell ice cream this morning, Homemade Vanilla and Dutch Chocolate, so I am set for a bit. So glad it is finally back!!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    I ate 2 packs of protein bars in one sitting because they tasted like chocolate. Never will I buy them again.

How much fiber did you get? How many bars in total?
  • ejb060793
    ejb060793 Posts: 281 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options

I'd like to say that I have no idea what that feels like, but I do. Walmart was out of Equate shakes, so I bought a box of the Chocolate Peanut Butter (12 count), Chocolate Delight (6 count), and Chocolatey Chip (6 count) Protein Meal Bars (Special K). I ate one on my way home from the store, since I was hungry and hadn't eaten dinner. They're supposed to be meal replacement bars... I ate all 24 before I pulled into my driveway. $20 lesson I won't soon forget.

Yesterday Walmart ran out of the shakes again (thanks to me buying all of the equate ones...). I looked up at the bars, looked down, and grabbed 2 packages of the Special K french vanilla shakes. Cost me $15 for 12, which is more than the bars would have, but I know they'll last a lot longer than an hour.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    Confession: I'm SEETHING at my employer right now.

I'm already scheduled to be at a different lab location (Teterboro, NJ) for two seperate weeks this fall (one in September, one in October) and NOW they also want to send me to Baltimore for a two day "new leadership training" in early November.

Exactly when am I supposed to do my actual job? I feel like I can't even schedule time off around any of those events, since I'll already be behind!

They don't even remotely pay me enough for this kind of travel schedule.
  • Kuruschka
    Kuruschka Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I'm annoyed with my job today. Can you tell?

It doesn't show. ;)

I'm rather fond of bananas, in almost any stage of ripeness other than the extremes, and wouldn't eat more than one or two a day.

I have been known to mush one up in a bowl and just eat mashed banana, as a snack.

Now I'm craving banana. May have to swing by a grocery store on my walk and grab a bunch.

I like bananas, but only in the ripe, starting to freckle stage. Yum. I haven't had any in a while though since I was supposed to be following a nutrition plan with low-ish sugar (she says after eating ice cream last night).

Me too! I'm very picky about my bananas- they can't be too green and they can't be too mushy- they have to be juuuust right. I'm like the Little Read Riding Hood of bananas!

Don't you mean Goldilocks?

LOL Yes I am sure that was Goldilocks. Honest mistake ;)

I am the same. I have about a 24hr window to eat banana's after which I can't anymore because the are too soft :(
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Confession: I'm SEETHING at my employer right now.

I'm already scheduled to be at a different lab location (Teterboro, NJ) for two seperate weeks this fall (one in September, one in October) and NOW they also want to send me to Baltimore for a two day "new leadership training" in early November.

Exactly when am I supposed to do my actual job? I feel like I can't even schedule time off around any of those events, since I'll already be behind!

They don't even remotely pay me enough for this kind of travel schedule.

Teterboro isn't that far from my office. 35 - 45 minutes depending on traffic. Are you staying at a hotel or commuting given its relatively close to Philly?
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    I eat zucchini almost every day. Just raw, sliced into coins, and dipped into spicy mustard!!! Nom nom nom.

No judgement but EWWW HOW?! I tried it raw once, nope never again. Now cooked with some lemon juice nomnom

A coworker laughed at me the day I ate raw mushrooms with just a little bit of seasoning on them.

Raw mushrooms are the best!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    I so terribly behind in this thread (but I've kept up in the Batcave) but I took Friday off, and I fully intend to catch up properly then. I'm sure I've missed a ton, but I hope if it's anything TOO important, it would have/would be in the batcave by now.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I am trying to pay attention to the development of today's thread so I can make page 1550. :)
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Guys, I appreciate extra marital affairs are a hot button issue, but can we tone down the judging please? We have a lot of people on the thread and we don't know their circumstances. We can't judge until we've walked a mile in their shoes. Then we're a mile away, with new shoes ;)

FWIW, I've been both the other woman and been cheated on (different men, both before I was age 20). Believe me when I say I know karma kicked my butt for choices I made. I could put it down to immaturity. Sometimes, despite having a moral compass, emotions can lead to terrible decisions. I don't excuse what I did in the past, but look at it as an experience that brings me here today.

And now, I practice ethical non monogamy, everything is open, there is no need to lie or go behind anyone's back. That said the smarties and I are closed, which means none if us want or are looking for any other partner or playmate, but if anyone did, it would be openly discussed.

But given social norms and pressure to conform, most people will do the underhand thing and hope they don't get caught, because the idea that you can be with, or love more than one person at a time is not yet acceptable. No one person should be under pressure to meet all the need, wants and desires of another person.

I have absolutely no issue with anyone being with or loving more than one person at a time as long as everyone involved knows the score... just don't make a commitment of exclusivity with one and then play around. If you can't be monogamous, don't pretend to be.

It's not the multiple partner aspect that bothers me, it's deception.

edit: grammar

But sometimes we are cowards and the right thing is a very difficult decision to make.
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    saraherren wrote: »
    A guy that I met over July 4 weekend who is old enough to be my father is really interested in me and I have no idea what to do. :|:o

*EDIT* I happened to "go all the way" with a neighbor in my apartment complex about a month ago and now I deeply regret it :( I've only known him for just over 2 months. We talked for 3 or so days after the fact, but haven't since my dog passed away on August 1. I've seen him once since when I walked by his apartment while I was walking back to mine after getting my mail, and all we did was wave to each other.

Neighbor guy: what's done is done. Move on...

Older guy: I guess the question is are you interested as well? I would think it wouldn't work out, but stranger things have happened.

both of these things!

if you're definitely not interested, make sure you keep your boundaries firm.
    if you're curious? maybe go out on a date or two? at least then you'll have solid ground to work from rather than having to be confused. :)
  • jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!! I'm checking in from page 1513. I had a wonderful vacation, though didn't get to run/exercise like I hoped because there was a health advisory posted regarding the very high amounts of smoke in the air (from the wildfires). It was so hazy and weird the whole time! The health advisory basically said to stay indoors to avoid excessive exposure to the smoke. We did manage 2 walks/runs and a few hours of fishing at a river (well, Mr. Jenni fished while I played with our niece and nephew along the bank).

I am up 3 lbs, dang it. I was definitely grumpy about that this morning, but I got on the exercise bike and started the process of losing it. Heh...

I'll check in to the Bat Cave later! I hope everyone is doing well and that @FroggyBug also had a fabulous vacation!! Thank you for all the birthday cards and wishes, too!! Y'all are so SUPER GREAT!!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Glad you had a good vacation, Jenni!
    Boo about the 3 pounds..I'm sure some is just water weight. But that's great that you're already tackling it! :)