Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    :s I have my physical Wednesday...not usually a big deal but I'm not looking forward to going as I know all she'll say is I need to lose weight...ugh I know thank you Dr!!
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    Y'all would be proud of me, I haven't had any ice cream since before I left for London and that was August 7th!
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Confession: I'm SEETHING at my employer right now.

I'm already scheduled to be at a different lab location (Teterboro, NJ) for two seperate weeks this fall (one in September, one in October) and NOW they also want to send me to Baltimore for a two day "new leadership training" in early November.

Exactly when am I supposed to do my actual job? I feel like I can't even schedule time off around any of those events, since I'll already be behind!

They don't even remotely pay me enough for this kind of travel schedule.

Teterboro isn't that far from my office. 35 - 45 minutes depending on traffic. Are you staying at a hotel or commuting given its relatively close to Philly?

Staying both times, since it's Monday-Thursday for training sessions. September 21-24 and October 26-29. Not that they'd have bothered giving us the hotel information yet, of course, because that would be helpful.
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    WOO HOOO!!!! PAGE 1550!!!!! Okay time to do some work :)
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    *post date update*

first date #14

interacting online and via text, things were pretty cool.
    good, fun interactions, actual conversations that moved past the "hi, how's your day going?" type thing.
    but despite fun convo, dude kinda seemed like he was never going to actually ask me out, so on friday, i was like hey, if you wanna hang out let me know! so then we ended up going to a local place that evening.

in person, it was....awkward?
    he was really quiet and withdrawn. which, i get the whole nervous first date type thing, but usually after a few hours, that lightens up a little. only it didn't. he just didn't seem very interested, and that's totally fine. but it still feels weird. so after a few hours, a few beverages, my filter ceases to exist, and upon saying good night (no attempt at a kiss or even a hug), the phrase "you poor boy" slipped out. eep.

que the ensuing text argument wherein any chance of a second date was destroyed. so despite what appeared to be a total lack of all interest, dude says he had a good time. but of course at this point, i'm all angsty and annoyed and say as much in regards to his stand-offishness, to which he does the fine, it's all me whatever, thing.

done and done.

i miss mr.jerkface more than i care to admit :(

Stupid frogs. I wish I could just conjure up Mr. Right-for-you and send him your way! <3

hehehehe, i wish you could too!

i just want to come home from work one day and have a cute dude sitting on my front porch, he knows all my weird quirks, likes to clean, can make me laugh, and wants to love me forevers.
    is that too much to ask for?
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Friday night ball game was great!! Son's team won!! We hope to get to the state finals again this year. They are off to a good start so far. Thanks for all the well wishes on my fall. Hate to be so absorbed in what I am doing that I can't see things, but this thing really wasn't very visible. My hand looks better, but I don't think I will be able to do squats until next week. My knee is a bit twingy when I bend it, so I am taking it easy on that. I can walk pretty well, so my fitbit people, I am after you this week!!

Yay for your son's team. Glad you are starting to recover too.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Yay, Page 1550. Now I have to shut you guys down. I have been bad this AM checking in. Clearly I don't want to work this week!
  • Oberon21
    Options

I'm already scheduled to be at a different lab location (Teterboro, NJ) for two seperate weeks this fall (one in September, one in October) and NOW they also want to send me to Baltimore for a two day "new leadership training" in early November.

Exactly when am I supposed to do my actual job? I feel like I can't even schedule time off around any of those events, since I'll already be behind!

Teterboro isn't that far from my office. 35 - 45 minutes depending on traffic. Are you staying at a hotel or commuting given its relatively close to Philly?

Staying both times, since it's Monday-Thursday for training sessions. September 21-24 and October 26-29. Not that they'd have bothered giving us the hotel information yet, of course, because that would be helpful.

Well let me know, maybe we can go for a walk/run/dinner/drink to meet!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    I have a four day weekend coming up. Boise State Football and camping. I'm so excited. Come on, Friday!!!

Yayyy!! Lucky! I only have a three day weekend :( Thank you labor day!

I took Friday off, or I would only have 3 days too.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Friday night ball game was great!! Son's team won!! We hope to get to the state finals again this year. They are off to a good start so far. Thanks for all the well wishes on my fall. Hate to be so absorbed in what I am doing that I can't see things, but this thing really wasn't very visible. My hand looks better, but I don't think I will be able to do squats until next week. My knee is a bit twingy when I bend it, so I am taking it easy on that. I can walk pretty well, so my fitbit people, I am after you this week!!

You are on! I have to check if we are in the same group, I just accepted. I'll go look!
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options

Will do!

(Who's jealous?!)
  • Oberon21
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    WOO HOOO!!!! PAGE 1550!!!!! Okay time to do some work :)

I am glad you got to be on top for 1550. You deserved it. NOW PATRICIA GO DO SOME WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Friends in the UK are you off today? My calendar says its a Summer Bank holiday?

Yes, day off today!

• abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I need a moment to vent. I haven't even started my first day of class, but I'm beyond annoyed at one of my nursing professors. She already assigned us something to complete for TOMORROW'S 9AM class, but she only told us about it a few minutes ago. It's giving me the impression that she wants me to drop everything immediately and tend to her class regardless of if I have other obligations.

Gah. I want to curl into a corner and cry -her class seems super high demanding, and it's ticking me off to no end that I'm paying such high tuition for half of the classes to be online videos.
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options

Will do!

(Who's jealous?!)

Me!!!

I have 4 work days left before I go on holiday, including a day in meetings in central London, or I'd so be scheduling a meet with @girldownsouth
  • LBuehrle8
    Options

Will do!

(Who's jealous?!)

*raises hand* :(
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Thanks to you all for the well wishes. I am hoping that a couple of beers tonight will dull the ache in my palm. I am keeping it cleaned and dressed for the moment.

I think you need some Blue Bell therapy to get over this one!
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options

Will do!

(Who's jealous?!)

Me!!!

I have 4 work days left before I go on holiday, including a day in meetings in central London, or I'd so be scheduling a meet with @girldownsouth

I'm going to start getting some running practice in ready for once you're back!
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    @kelly_c_77 I said 'I really L' not 'I'm really in L' so that's good clarification wise.
    My mommy and I were sharing the wine at 8 o'clock in the morning. Because we're cool like that. :sunglasses:

I don't think she ever anticipated I would pick up my phone and text someone...let alone SSP.
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    @lilaclovebird If it were me I would not bring it up again. Just let it sit for now. It has been said and an explanation given. Give it time (a month or two or three or more) and see. If this is love and this is mutual love then there is no hurry and waiting *can* make it better if either side has any issues. When I realized I loved SO I almost said it so many times but I held myself back and really examined my motives. When I realized and was sure that I wanted to say it no matter what the response or result, well that was when I said it. I told SO that I have really enjoyed my time with him, how fun and warm and caring he is. I told him that I wanted him to know that I have realized for awhile that I love him and that I felt he should know it. I told him I was not saying it to hear it back, that I didn't need to hear it back. I also at the same time told him that if he realized at some point that he could "never" say it back that he needed to let me know so that I could move on because I deserve to have a man who loves me in my life. It was probably 6 weeks later that when I told him goodnight and I love you that he said, I love you too. I know others here have shared similar stories. For me personally in this relationship it was important to wait. For SO, too, he pondered and thought about it for a long time before he said it. He was thinking about it before I said anything.

Hugs to you. Follow your heart. Take the advice that makes sense to you or take non at all. <3

@nonoelmo I will be taking this advice. I'll probably bring it up again in several months after he's back from New York. He leaves in November and comes back December 10th.
    Now that I'm looking back, I realized there were times where I almost said it and held it back. I guess when I got the wine in me I couldn't hold it back.

ETA: For now, things will stay playful and fun. I will continue to take it day by day and if he brings it up, I might talk about it. If not, then I wont stress or worry about it.

There is an app that will lock out your phone from sending texts/making calls until you solve a math problem or something. I once considered getting it when I sent some gibberish texts whilst drinking over the course of a few weeks. But, I'm really good at math, so I figured I'd just have to figure something else out. LOL
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    abatonfan wrote: »
    I need a moment to vent. I haven't even started my first day of class, but I'm beyond annoyed at one of my nursing professors. She already assigned us something to complete for TOMORROW'S 9AM class, but she only told us about it a few minutes ago. It's giving me the impression that she wants me to drop everything immediately and tend to her class regardless of if I have other obligations.

Gah. I want to curl into a corner and cry -her class seems super high demanding, and it's ticking me off to no end that I'm paying such high tuition for half of the classes to be online videos.

That would annoy me too. It is still YOUR time, you shouldn't have to drop everything to do an assignment for a class that hasn't even started yet.