Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• petunia773
    petunia773 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I'm not a happy camper right now. My doctor changed my medicine from strattera to intuniv and I hate it. I'm seriously contemplating calling the office and asking her to try something else. On top of that, I now have to avoid artificial colors/sweeteners/etc for my ADD, and also start a low carb diet for my weight. I've been rebelling all week, but I guess I should get started on this.

I'm so mean though, I told hubs that if I was doing this, so was everyone else. It's far too expensive to buy 2 different kinds of food on our budget!

I started a low-carb diet in August (when we got back from Sturgis since I knew I'd have a hard time with it on vacation) and have lost about 15 pounds since being on it. I wasn't told by my doctor to go on it, I just knew from past experience that it's what has worked for me. When I first signed up for MFP in January, I was trying to just watch my calories but found I was snacking CONSTANTLY and was ALWAYS hungry!! I'm definitely more satisfied and stay full longer while eating low-carb. I'm not sure if you are a member of the Low-carb group or not, or if you have time to keep up with another group, but here is the link. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group People are generally very knowledgable and non-judgmental, just like our little group here. I try to stay under 30 grams of carbs of day, so like second phase of Atkins. That's where I'm losing weight. I am tracking on here as well. I hadn't been doing that and during that time I didn't lose any weight.

Friend me if you'd like to.

Good luck to you!
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Yay for your Fitbit and awesome dad, Laura!!!

Thanks I'm so excited to get it and get it all set up with you guys woo hoo!!

Nice!!! I'm still Fitbit-less, but that's ok. I'm currently obsessing over the Garmin Forerunner 225...has HRM w/out needing a strap, built in GPS, good for running.... I wants it! Saving up for that currently. Wish I could join the Fitbit crew, but I don't like the comparable Fitbit version (Charge HR) as much as I like the Garmin. heh

I adore Garmin, I'm trying to justify getting the new one...
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »

Nice!!! I'm still Fitbit-less, but that's ok. I'm currently obsessing over the Garmin Forerunner 225...has HRM w/out needing a strap, built in GPS, good for running.... I wants it! Saving up for that currently. Wish I could join the Fitbit crew, but I don't like the comparable Fitbit version (Charge HR) as much as I like the Garmin. heh

I adore Garmin, I'm trying to justify getting the new one...

I have the Tomtom Multisport. It also has the HRM in the wrist. I needed it and didn't want to wait for the new Garmin to come out. It gives me all the info I need, was cheaper, and I can download the data from the watch through an iPhone app. It automatically loads into Map My Fitness.

This is the first non-Garmin tracker I've had since my 305 (RIP).
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Confession: Many, many cookies were eaten today. (Sorry @pofoster21 :() I think my stomach hates me now.

Suzie, honey, I ate all of everything yesterday. 20th anniversary of my mom's death. I still can't decide if the hardest thing I have ever said is "My mom didn't want to live.this way, unplug the machines." Or "Nana's gone to heaven."

Both equally hard! Hugs to you.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    So as not to tie up the board for the rest of today, thanks to all of you for your sympathy. I may let myself wallow in pity for the rest of today, but someone needs to tell me to snap out of it tomorrow, please.
    I'm sorry about your mother's passing. I hope tomorrow is a better day <3

• kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    About to post pictures in the Batcave of the cat/circle experiment!!!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    It's so cold in this office that I want to go get in the car where the sun has been shining in and making it unbearably hot. Can't wait until the end of the day.

Edited because technology hates me.

I spent yesterday in an cute dress, uggs and my coat. :(
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Confession: Many, many cookies were eaten today. (Sorry @pofoster21 :() I think my stomach hates me now.

Suzie, honey, I ate all of everything yesterday. 20th anniversary of my mom's death. I still can't decide if the hardest thing I have ever said is "My mom didn't want to live.this way, unplug the machines." Or "Nana's gone to heaven."

I am so sorry. I can't add much more to what everyone else expressed. Take care of yourself. Grief peanut butter is very acceptable!
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options

Can't find - where did you put them?
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options

Hugs and hugs and hugs
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    2wise4u wrote: »
    I should probably put this in the Fitbit thread. But anyway, my Fitbit bit the dust this weekend. It wouldn't sync to anything. I have the One. It would show my steps on the One, but wouldn't sync to my phone or computer.

My husband bought it for me two Christmases ago. And even though it was past its 365 day warranty, they are sending me another one!!! I thought for sure I was going to have to buy another. I'm freakin' pleased as punch right now!

They really have great customer service.....they are currently sending me a new band for my flex because my split...again....second time!

Another company that has great customer service is Apple. Last year my iPad was almost out of the one year warranty (I think I had a week left), & I started to experience weird glitches with the screen & apps. Apple said that if I sent in my iPad they would try to fix & refurbish my old one, & if they couldn't get it fixed they'd send me a brand new one. They couldn't fix the glitches, & sent me a brand new one a few days later.

I agree with Apple having great customer service. I once bought a used mac book and accidentally sat something on it and it crushed the screen. I sent it back to Apple. They fixed it and shipped it back through DSL and it turned up missing. I called them and although they could have told me they had proof they sent it back and it wasn't their problem, they sent me a new mac book, no questions asked (even waited a week so that I could get the newer model) and it didn't cost a dime. I am now a die hard Apple fan because their customer service is the best.

And on a side note, turns out an employee from DSL stole my computer because someone tried to log into my .mac account a day later. Coincidence....I think not!!!!!! And now I glare at their trucks every time I see one.

Nice! Did they catch who took your old one?
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »

Hugs. I am hoping your tummy feels a lot better!

I had that day yesterday. I ate way too many Pumpkin Spice Latte M&Ms & six Peanut Butter Poptarts.

Must. Have. These.

I'll save you! Send them to me so they are out of temptation range.

Sorry I demolished the rest of the bag that day :D. Out of all the recent M&M flavors these are definitely the best.

Today before work I went to Giant & bought a lot of fallish kind of snacks like pumpkin cheesecake cookies, pumpkin spice almonds, & tons of Wild Friends peanut butter packets to try.

I've still been good & haven't bought or ate ice cream since early September.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »

Can't find - where did you put them?

I was going to do Random Pics but I put them in Pets Pics...since they're of my cats.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options

:(. *HUGS*
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    caddir wrote: »
    I wanted a fitbit charge with the HR monitor but then a colleague told me that his wife had complained when he checked his heart rate when he, er, was *in bed*.

I just don't want to know!

I've decidedthat I prefer my fitbit flex. I can change the wriststrap to match my oufit but the only downside is I have already have 8 and I need at least another 20 different wriststraps. Some of them are so pretty.

That's the one thing I miss about the Flex was changing the band whenever you want.

I think it was @Glinda1971 that said there were more bands on Amazon that had different patterns.

I know I have the purple and I don't even like purple. I would love to be able to change bands!

I like purple, but blue/teal is my favorite color.

The Tory Burch bands for some of the Fitbit products are cute, but not for the money they're charging.

Ditto and ditto.

I was thinking of getting one of the Tory Burch wrap bands for "dressier" occasions, my flex band gets so grubby-looking and I still want to wear it.

I know I've mentioned it before but I absolutely heart Tory Burch so much <3 Her perfume is my favorite!

Her boots are so cute! If I ever found a pair at TJ's they would be mine (well depending on the price tag haha).
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options

Add me!!!

I will! I'll let everyone know when I get it all set up and going @italian_buju said she'd help me out!

I am so excited for you! I really want a charge HR, maybe if I can ever lose these 50lbs, I can get one......

YOU CAN DO IT!!!! I believe in you~

So much this!

I do too!
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    So as not to tie up the board for the rest of today, thanks to all of you for your sympathy. I may let myself wallow in pity for the rest of today, but someone needs to tell me to snap out of it tomorrow, please.

Wallow today - it's allowed. Grief doesn't ever go away, it just sort of abates for awhile to return later. Hugs to you!! Thinking of you today. Grief bacon is okay for a day or two, though, but getting back on track returns to you the control that grief can steal away. More hugs!

THIS

My father has been gone since 1991, and I STILL cry every single year on the anniversary......it never goes away, just the super hard times get further apart with time.....I am experiencing that right now with my late best girlfriend. All you can do it allow yourself some time to grieve and then think about the good times Melissa! She is still there with you! Don't ever forget that!
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options

Add me!!!

I will! I'll let everyone know when I get it all set up and going @italian_buju said she'd help me out!

I am so excited for you! I really want a charge HR, maybe if I can ever lose these 50lbs, I can get one......

YOU CAN DO IT!!!! I believe in you~

So much this!

I do too!

Thanks guys <3
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options

Wallow today - it's allowed. Grief doesn't ever go away, it just sort of abates for awhile to return later. Hugs to you!! Thinking of you today. Grief bacon is okay for a day or two, though, but getting back on track returns to you the control that grief can steal away. More hugs!

THIS

My father has been gone since 1991, and I STILL cry every single year on the anniversary......it never goes away, just the super hard times get further apart with time.....I am experiencing that right now with my late best girlfriend. All you can do it allow yourself some time to grieve and then think about the good times Melissa! She is still there with you! Don't ever forget that!

I never forget she is with me. I see her in the mirror and I hear her voice when I talk. Like I said, I have one brother who can live with it. I actually like looking like her now, though it's disconcerting when strangers walk up and ask if I am Ginny's girl. I'll be fine tomorrow. I am feeling better now. It's just hard because even though I was following her instructions, I am the one who told them to do it. Even though she told me to, I expected one of the boys to save me from it - they always tried to save me, but in the end I had to do the hardest thing any of us have ever done.

ETA: I sincerely thank each of you for caring about my 20 year old grief. You are awesome, every one of you.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

Oh, dang it, I forgot to try that tonight. In my defense, I was taking "before" pictures for a six-week challenge I signed up for on bodybuilding.com. Pictures, of me, in my smallest swimsuit. And I'm going to put them on the World Wide Web where anyone can see them... (Oh my gosh, what have I done?!?)