Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    When I did my C25K last night, I had my Fitbit and my Polar HR on. So I was all geared up for my run!!

How did the C25K session go? I also have a Polar HR for now! I like it well enough, but the chest strap thing is annoying... well... no... I'm lazy and I forget to put it on and then I feel like my whole workout was worth NOTHING because I don't know how many calories I really burned. Hee hee
  • jthurman3
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    Laura! How do you like your new Fitbit? You got the Charge HR?

Yep the Charge HR! So far so good! I'm just trying to get used to a different app tracker and how it syncs with MFP is a bit different but I'm so happy to have an activity tracker again I felt so lost without it! It was kind of sad actually because before these came out I never thought about steps or activity during workouts, I just worked out. Now I can't stand working out without it!

And then when you do forget to put it on (if you're like me) you throw a minor hissy fit and don't want to do the workout/walk/whatever.

YES!!! Me, too!!!
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    When I did my C25K last night, I had my Fitbit and my Polar HR on. So I was all geared up for my run!!

How did the C25K session go? I also have a Polar HR for now! I like it well enough, but the chest strap thing is annoying... well... no... I'm lazy and I forget to put it on and then I feel like my whole workout was worth NOTHING because I don't know how many calories I really burned. Hee hee

It went well, but I think I aggravated my plantar fasciitis. My left foot was throbbing a bit last night. So I put my insert back into my shoe so I could comfortably walk today and have been taking it easy a bit. Still hit my steps, but not as hard.
  • jthurman3
    Options

It went well, but I think I aggravated my plantar fasciitis. My left foot was throbbing a bit last night. So I put my insert back into my shoe so I could comfortably walk today and have been taking it easy a bit. Still hit my steps, but not as hard.

Oh no about that plantar fasciitis! I hope that heals up quickly. Jake is dealing with that, too, and gets so frustrated with it!
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    You gave your mother the most difficult act of love that you could, to honor her wishes even though it meant saying goodbye and being the one to determine when that was. That is an incredible and touching act of love that you had the strength to do. A huge hug and I'm shedding some tears with you.

I agree ((((HUGS))))
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    ejb060793 wrote: »
    I must confess that I feel a little crazy and conceited. A month ago, if someone was staring at me, I'd assume that they were lost in thought or there was something wrong with me. Tonight, one of the guys I work with kept looking at me while he was wheeling around patient beds for things like taking them to xray. At first, I didn't think anything of it.. figured I was probably just really close to being in the way. Then he smacked into a computer with a bed. When I looked up because I heard the noise, he was staring at me and paying no attention to the patient or the computer. He gave me a big goofy "oops" grin, and his whole face was bright red. He passed by me several more times throughout the night, and each time he'd stare at me, and when I'd look back his whole face would go red. Honestly, it reminded me a lot of middle school when guys are too shy to talk with the girls and when the girl smiles, the guy giggles and runs away.. The last time he went by me, he asked me where one of the rooms was, even though he has worked there longer than I have, and had just come out of that room about 5 minutes before. Conceited me is pretty sure he thinks I'm pretty awesome to look at. Crazy me thinks I should be wearing baggier pants to keep from having issues like that in the future (I wear size 16/18 right now for my work pants, because I bought them about 20 pounds ago, and can now fit in 12/14... if I go any larger, I'll need suspenders since the belt is having some trouble with the 18s as it is.. hence me feeling nuts)

Super non scale victory
    Enjoy those feelings of pride. Don't give up looking awesome, its your right. He'll have to adjust.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options

I use my garmin for my running and my fitbit for the steps. I look like a NY street walking sales man trying to sell watches off my wrist when I am running.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    FITBIT IS HERE!!!! Friends please add me!!!!

I got and accepted your request. I also suggested the rest of the Batcavers to you to make it easier. :)

Wooo hooo thanks!!

FRIENDS!
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »

I use my garmin for my running and my fitbit for the steps. I look like a NY street walking sales man trying to sell watches off my wrist when I am running.

My flex only comes off to charge and when I shower, and I add a wrist HRM for my morning workouts, so my arm gets pretty crowded too.

Then I have MapMyWalk on my phone for walking...
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Okay I can't lie guys- compared to the jawbone UP the Fitbit really doesn't measure up :( I gained 30 steps driving home from work and the last hour or so I've gained many from moving my arms and j was sitting! This sucks, I'd much rather have a device that gyped me on steps than giving me more I didn't take
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Well, for driving, you can log it into the activities. It won't take away steps, but it'll override excess calories. For picking up extra steps from arm movement, people in the Fitbit Group recommend putting the device on your non-dominate hand and setting it to dominate.

If it's still giving you trouble later on, you try returning it for another UP.
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    Okay so set the app to think I'm wearing it on my right hand but wear it on my left? (I'm right handed)
  • CooCooPuff
    Options
    Yeah. It's a suggestion I see all the time.
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    Got it, I'll try that!
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    I can't see the batcave threads anymore on my phone. Help please I feel like I lost all my best friends!
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    I can't see the batcave threads anymore on my phone. Help please I feel like I lost all my best friends!

Oh no what's happening?!? This happened to Nicci the other day too! :(:(
  • riderfangal
    Options

It's terrible. I had a rotten terrible horrible day at work and all I wanted to do was go to the Batcave and wallow in self pity til someone kicked me in the butt and I was denied. Instead I ate too much pizza for supper.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options

Oh no about that plantar fasciitis! I hope that heals up quickly. Jake is dealing with that, too, and gets so frustrated with it!

I can sympathize with the exercise frustration. I get going good and then this acts up and forces me to slow down somewhat. It makes me angry!! That could be something else he gets frustrated about. I hate having to nurse an injury while I am trying to ramp up a workout plan.
  • CooCooPuff
    Options

Yeah, that happened to me when I wanted to check the thread last night! I thought it was my Internet or phone at first. There have been a lot of bugs in the community, but this is the worst one. :/

Is it just the Android app?

• riderfangal
    Options

Yeah, that happened to me when I wanted to check the thread last night! I thought it was my Internet or phone at first. There have been a lot of bugs in the community, but this is the worst one. :/

Is it just the Android app?

I have an android