Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    My version of the Confessions Bingo!!

I have only used dry mix to top ice cream.
    I have taken something back out of the trash, it was still in the unopened original container.
    I like PB, but not enough to need to drown a jar, Nutella, that might be possible.
    I wear work out clothes once usually, the bra sometimes gets two rounds.
    I have not worn a sauna suit, but I have an ab belt type thing, no electrodes there, and have tried just about every diet aside from the Jenny Craig type stuff and surgery. Quick Weight Loss actually works, but it is impossible to eat like that the rest of your life....

Oh goodness. Just off the top of my head, I've tried:

Weight Watchers
    Seattle Sutton
    The "T Factor" diet (way back when I was a teenager, 5'8" and 120 lbs.
    Grapefruit diet
    Atkins
    Nutrisystem
    Diet pills (back when they had ephedra in them)

I've never done anything except for MFP when I actually had weight that I needed to lose. All of that craziness was when I was trying to lose those "pesky 5 lbs".

I have done Atkins, Slim Fast, some kind of 10 day diet that required me to eat beets.... I would literally hang over the sink gagging trying to get those things down, tried the Raspberry Ketones, HCG (worked great, I am a fan of this if I could KEEP THE WEIGHT OFF), starving myself, starving myself with Dexatrim (when it was good it was AMAZING), and something recently with a bunch of pills you had to take, I can't remember what....

I have also bought Jane Fonda's workout tapes, the thigh master, PX90, Tapout, paid for multiple gyms, and paid for 5 days a week of cross fit for a year, that i probably went to 2x a week for 3 months. The money I have spent on dieting and exercise....

The best thing that has worked the longest?

MFP, Walking and you guys. <3<3<3

Oh yeah, when you add in all the workout videos and such I've bought over the years, plus all the equipment. Crazy amount of money.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    I'll play too:

I have definitely eaten dry hot chocolate mix, but I have also eaten dry cake mix. Yeah.

I have never eaten out of the trash as I'm a bit germophobic. However, I do have a trash-related confession for today: I threw out like 20 kg of my husband's expired protein powder/creatine this weekend without telling him and I have a feeling he's going to be mad when he does notice...but it expired in DECEMBER 2013 and it has been cluttering up my limited pantry space ever since and he has not made a protein shake in at least a year and a half. I don't regret it and I know if I'd asked him he would have been like "but it's so expeeeeeensive..." but it was also going to poison him probably so I don't care.

I've never drowned peanut butter but I've definitely thrown "extra" stuff right down the disposal instead of saving it so there was no chance I could go back and eat more of it.

I wear workout stuff at least twice, as I have only three sports bras, do laundry once weekly, and work out every day but Friday normally.

I've never worn a sauna suit but I did try one of those ab belts once and I also used to have a Thigh Master passed down from my mother, haha.

It probably would've tasted disgusting if he did make one now. You did the right thing :wink:

Right? Not like he would have noticed with all the almond butter, fruit, and yogurt he loads into his smoothies but still, it can't have been good. I know it was powder but it's still kinda dairy and if it had an expiry on it that probably means something...especially a nearly two-year-old expiry.

I'm glad I married a guy who's responsible with his money but sometimes I have to shake my head and tell him it's okay to get rid of stuff that's unusable even if it was expensive. I refuse to let him turn into a hoarder like I worry certain members of his family are headed.

For what it is worth, the health dept and USDA let us serve canned foods/dry goods at the soup kitchen for a year after it's "expiration" date. I think it's 6 months for frozen foods, but don't quote me on that. The protein powder needed to go.

Interesting. I tend to look at the "best by date" as a suggestion anyway.

There's a lot of research out there that suggests exactly that - that "best before" doesn't mean "inedible after" - but I'm pretty conservative with it and will toss anything I'm remotely suspicious about, especially dairy. My boss has been known to eat yogurt weeks past its expiry from her office fridge and I would NEVER. I clean out the fridge weekly and very little that's past date is ever allowed to remain. I'm aware that it's wasteful but I just can't deal with it. I do try really hard not to throw out food though and use everything FIFO like a restaurant walk-in ;)

I will eat things like yogurt past the best before date if it was unopened & doesn't smell/look bad. I use the best before as a suggestion as well - besides, just because that date hasn't passed doesn't automatically mean it's good. I've opened milk and it's been bad, even though it was days before the expiry.

I've eaten yogurt weeks past the best before date. I survived!
    It's like my mom once told me, the food can't read the label. It's not as if when that date gets here, the food is suddenly spoiled. The manufacturers have to be very conservative in the dates they put on the packaging.

I like what your mom said. Also, I get very, maybe even irrationally angry when milk expires before its expiration date. This tends to happen more with from a certain store, but it's still highly upsetting. Anyone else feel me on this?

Dairy products lose about 24 hours off their life for every 20 minutes they are kept at a temperature above 32-39F. I bet that store is lack at putting their stuff away or keeping their cooler closed.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Sometime silly I just thought of, someone gave me a Shake Weight.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    We left a half gallon of organic milk opened in the fridge. We returned 3 months later from vacation and it was still good. My husband refuses to pay any attention to dates and will absolutely eat or use anything that looks/ smells good.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    I'll play too:

I have definitely eaten dry hot chocolate mix, but I have also eaten dry cake mix. Yeah.

I have never eaten out of the trash as I'm a bit germophobic. However, I do have a trash-related confession for today: I threw out like 20 kg of my husband's expired protein powder/creatine this weekend without telling him and I have a feeling he's going to be mad when he does notice...but it expired in DECEMBER 2013 and it has been cluttering up my limited pantry space ever since and he has not made a protein shake in at least a year and a half. I don't regret it and I know if I'd asked him he would have been like "but it's so expeeeeeensive..." but it was also going to poison him probably so I don't care.

I've never drowned peanut butter but I've definitely thrown "extra" stuff right down the disposal instead of saving it so there was no chance I could go back and eat more of it.

I wear workout stuff at least twice, as I have only three sports bras, do laundry once weekly, and work out every day but Friday normally.

I've never worn a sauna suit but I did try one of those ab belts once and I also used to have a Thigh Master passed down from my mother, haha.

It probably would've tasted disgusting if he did make one now. You did the right thing :wink:

Right? Not like he would have noticed with all the almond butter, fruit, and yogurt he loads into his smoothies but still, it can't have been good. I know it was powder but it's still kinda dairy and if it had an expiry on it that probably means something...especially a nearly two-year-old expiry.

I'm glad I married a guy who's responsible with his money but sometimes I have to shake my head and tell him it's okay to get rid of stuff that's unusable even if it was expensive. I refuse to let him turn into a hoarder like I worry certain members of his family are headed.

For what it is worth, the health dept and USDA let us serve canned foods/dry goods at the soup kitchen for a year after it's "expiration" date. I think it's 6 months for frozen foods, but don't quote me on that. The protein powder needed to go.

There's a lot of research out there that suggests exactly that - that "best before" doesn't mean "inedible after" - but I'm pretty conservative with it and will toss anything I'm remotely suspicious about, especially dairy. My boss has been known to eat yogurt weeks past its expiry from her office fridge and I would NEVER. I clean out the fridge weekly and very little that's past date is ever allowed to remain. I'm aware that it's wasteful but I just can't deal with it. I do try really hard not to throw out food though and use everything FIFO like a restaurant walk-in ;)

I will eat things like yogurt past the best before date if it was unopened & doesn't smell/look bad. I use the best before as a suggestion as well - besides, just because that date hasn't passed doesn't automatically mean it's good. I've opened milk and it's been bad, even though it was days before the expiry.

It's like my mom once told me, the food can't read the label. It's not as if when that date gets here, the food is suddenly spoiled. The manufacturers have to be very conservative in the dates they put on the packaging.

I like what your mom said. Also, I get very, maybe even irrationally angry when milk expires before its expiration date. This tends to happen more with from a certain store, but it's still highly upsetting. Anyone else feel me on this?

Ha! I wonder if that store doesn't have their refrigerator set cold enough?
    I gave up and started using almond milk. It lasts a long time before expiring...

My favorite is the Cashew Milk that is 25 calories. I hate, hate, hate wasting my calories on drinks when I could be eating more food.
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    i had homemade doughnut holes with caramel sauce and a slice of pizza for dinner.
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Josalinn wrote: »
    i had homemade doughnut holes with caramel sauce and a slice of pizza for dinner.

That sounds awesome
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    I'll play too:

I gave up and started using almond milk. It lasts a long time before expiring...

My favorite is the Cashew Milk that is 25 calories. I hate, hate, hate wasting my calories on drinks when I could be eating more food.
    I love it too!

What I've noticed with soy, almond, coconut, and cashew milk it that the cartons say on the side that they will stay fresh for 7-10 days after opening. So I always toss it after 10 if I haven't finished it yet...although I usually can finish it by then. To those of you that mentioned it lasts forever, do your cartons not say this or do you just ignore it and go by smell/taste?
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    I'll play too:

I love it too!

What I've noticed with soy, almond, coconut, and cashew milk it that the cartons say on the side that they will stay fresh for 7-10 days after opening. So I always toss it after 10 if I haven't finished it yet...although I usually can finish it by then. To those of you that mentioned it lasts forever, do your cartons not say this or do you just ignore it and go by smell/taste?

I don't think I've ever noticed that on my cartons before. I usually go by smell & taste. I am so horrible at buying a few Almond/Cashew milks, & then forgetting they're in the basement refrigerator.

Lately, I've been using Walden Farms Caramel Syrup & mixing it with the milk.

I was excited to see they had the Egg Nogs back, & bought one of the Silk Soy Nogs.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    I confess I thought I was going to throw my Fitbit tonight at work. For some reason it got stuck on 10,000 steps, & it took forever for it to start registering more steps. GIMME my STEPS DARNIT!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I confess I thought I was going to throw my Fitbit tonight at work. For some reason it got stuck on 10,000 steps, & it took forever for it to start registering more steps. GIMME my STEPS DARNIT!
    I wanted to do this when my Fitbit reset my steps and went back to zero for some reason! I was tapping the screen, then poof! 17k+ steps just gone.

A sync set things straight, but I still lost some steps.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    I'll play too:

I love it too!

All of my UHT-treated (read: lasts forever) milk cartons say this. But they quite literally last months when opened in the fridge. I would bet that nut-based milks last just as long. After all, nobody says to throw almond butter or peanut butter away after seven days!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    I'll play too:

I love it too!

All of my UHT-treated (read: lasts forever) milk cartons say this. But they quite literally last months when opened in the fridge. I would bet that nut-based milks last just as long. After all, nobody says to throw almond butter or peanut butter away after seven days!

I've ate ice cream a few months past the expiration date.

Kelly, I still cannot believe both of our Super Wal-Marts had the expired Coffee & Donuts ice cream. The next time I had went to that Wal-Mart I alerted a coworker to pull the rest off the shelf.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    I have a mild allergy to hazelnuts so I don't drink the nut based beverages. (Sorry, my grandparents were dairy farmers. That's not milk.) I have a full blown, hives every time allergy to soybeans so I avoid that religiously. I do use the UHT milk occasionally, because it lasts a year on my pantry shelf. I keep it for emergencies. Read: Those morning when a teenager used all the milk in the fridge at midnight and the other teen and the 9 year old need milk for breakfast.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    I have a mild allergy to hazelnuts so I don't drink the nut based beverages. (Sorry, my grandparents were dairy farmers. That's not milk.) I have a full blown, hives every time allergy to soybeans so I avoid that religiously. I do use the UHT milk occasionally, because it lasts a year on my pantry shelf. I keep it for emergencies. Read: Those morning when a teenager used all the milk in the fridge at midnight and the other teen and the 9 year old need milk for breakfast.

That's pretty much me. I buy it because the fresh milk only lasts around five days (my husband is adamant about expiry dates and food safety. I'd totally drink it after the expiry date.) and so we buy enough to last just that long, and we don't grocery shop every five days. I use the UHT milk to fill the gap between grocery runs.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Confession: I ate a cookie for breakfast! In my defense, my mom baked cookies for Law Enforcement Appreciation week and sent them to work with me. Her feelings would have been hurt if I didn't have (at least) one, right? :p
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    I'll play too:

I love it too!

I never noticed the 7-10 day thing. I've kept cashew milk in my fridge at work to put in my coffee for at least three (maybe four) weeks with no problem.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    My version of the Confessions Bingo!!

I have only used dry mix to top ice cream.
    I have taken something back out of the trash, it was still in the unopened original container.
    I like PB, but not enough to need to drown a jar, Nutella, that might be possible.
    I wear work out clothes once usually, the bra sometimes gets two rounds.
    I have not worn a sauna suit, but I have an ab belt type thing, no electrodes there, and have tried just about every diet aside from the Jenny Craig type stuff and surgery. Quick Weight Loss actually works, but it is impossible to eat like that the rest of your life....

Oh goodness. Just off the top of my head, I've tried:

Weight Watchers
    Seattle Sutton
    The "T Factor" diet (way back when I was a teenager, 5'8" and 120 lbs.
    Grapefruit diet
    Atkins
    Nutrisystem
    Diet pills (back when they had ephedra in them)

I've never done anything except for MFP when I actually had weight that I needed to lose. All of that craziness was when I was trying to lose those "pesky 5 lbs".

I have done Atkins, Slim Fast, some kind of 10 day diet that required me to eat beets.... I would literally hang over the sink gagging trying to get those things down, tried the Raspberry Ketones, HCG (worked great, I am a fan of this if I could KEEP THE WEIGHT OFF), starving myself, starving myself with Dexatrim (when it was good it was AMAZING), and something recently with a bunch of pills you had to take, I can't remember what....

I have also bought Jane Fonda's workout tapes, the thigh master, PX90, Tapout, paid for multiple gyms, and paid for 5 days a week of cross fit for a year, that i probably went to 2x a week for 3 months. The money I have spent on dieting and exercise....

The best thing that has worked the longest?

MFP, Walking and you guys. <3<3<3

I cannot express how much I love that bit right there! <3

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Okay, ya'll, I finally broke down and ordered a variety pack of Quest bars from Amazon. I tried the chocolate peanut butter one this morning and i was not impressed. I could definitely taste.the stevia more than the chocolate. However, my husband liked the coconut one - I am allergic to coconuts so definitely wasn't eating it. I am going to try one of the fruit flavors next and hope it's better.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Okay, ya'll, I finally broke down and ordered a variety pack of Quest bars from Amazon. I tried the chocolate peanut butter one this morning and i was not impressed. I could definitely taste.the stevia more than the chocolate. However, my husband liked the coconut one - I am allergic to coconuts so definitely wasn't eating it. I am going to try one of the fruit flavors next and hope it's better.

I cannot stand any of the flavors with peanut butter. Yucky. Too bad on the coconut allergy, that's one of my favorite flavors!