Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    petunia773 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    And speaking of old computer games, anyone else have "computer lab day" in school where your class got to go down to the computer room to play Oregon Trail on floppy disk??

Yes, Oregon Trail was the best game ever..until you died of cholera. ...

I never heard of that one. Though I remember floppy disks!

I played Oregon trail on floppy disks during elementary school!!

I remember playing that.

Do you guys remember in gym class when we had to use those stupid boards with wheels that you sat on & ran over your fingers?

Stupid?!? Those were amazing! If you walked into the gym and saw those (or the parachute) you knew it was gonna be a fun gym class!

OMG my favourite!
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    And speaking of old computer games, anyone else have "computer lab day" in school where your class got to go down to the computer room to play Oregon Trail on floppy disk??

I remember playing that.

Do you guys remember in gym class when we had to use those stupid boards with wheels that you sat on & ran over your fingers?

Stupid?!? Those were amazing! If you walked into the gym and saw those (or the parachute) you knew it was gonna be a fun gym class!

Quik, I was thinking the same thing. I loved those scooters, and I have thought of making my own several times with dollies.

Speaking of gym class, how many of you honestly made it all the way up the rope to touch the ceiling of the gym? I did. I've always had pretty strong arms even as a puny girl child.

I never did, although I only remember having to do it in elementary school. I wouldn't even really try. I don't think I could do it now, but I might get a few feet up lol.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

I remember playing that.

Quik, I was thinking the same thing. I loved those scooters, and I have thought of making my own several times with dollies.

Speaking of gym class, how many of you honestly made it all the way up the rope to touch the ceiling of the gym? I did. I've always had pretty strong arms even as a puny girl child.

We never had a rope...and I'm glad.
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    Also, for those that mentioned dodge ball - it was the. worst. We usually played that if you were hit you'd sit down until the person that hit you was hit, then you could get back up. All the "cool", athletic kids would hog the balls and only throw them at their buddies. Then I (very un-athletic) would end up being one of the last ones standing against the biggest jock, I never stood a chance. So most of the time I just sat down at the beginning of the game and wouldn't move. They also whipped the ball as hard as they could, so it hurt when you did get hit.

Okay, I'm done whining.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

I remember playing that.

Seriously!! The roller boards (aka dollies in the grown up world) were second only to dodgeball!!!

Between your show choices and game memories I think we could have been friends.

Haha! Class of 2005?

ETA what if we actually were friends as kids and we just don't realize it because we don't recognize each other on here??!!!! :o

I'm almost 10 years older than you?!?!?!?!?! :unamused:
  • Naptownbabi
    Naptownbabi Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I am guilty eating spoonfuls of peanut butter dunked in chocolate chips--like an entire bag!

That sounds so delicious

• MoHousdon
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Also, for those that mentioned dodge ball - it was the. worst. We usually played that if you were hit you'd sit down until the person that hit you was hit, then you could get back up. All the "cool", athletic kids would hog the balls and only throw them at their buddies. Then I (very un-athletic) would end up being one of the last ones standing against the biggest jock, I never stood a chance. So most of the time I just sat down at the beginning of the game and wouldn't move. They also whipped the ball as hard as they could, so it hurt when you did get hit.

Okay, I'm done whining.

I was never a fan of dodge ball growing up. You know, glasses and all. I am now. :mrgreen:
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

I remember playing that.

Seriously!! The roller boards (aka dollies in the grown up world) were second only to dodgeball!!!

Haha! Class of 2005?

ETA what if we actually were friends as kids and we just don't realize it because we don't recognize each other on here??!!!! :o

Mo you are not old! You are a hot momma!!
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »

Okay, I'm done whining.

I played adult "recreational" dodgeball a few years ago and nothing had changed. I was still a small female getting balls thrown at my head at top speed by guys twice my size claiming they were "aiming for the chest, sorry!" After a season of constant bruises and being a total hindrance to my team, I swore I'd never go back, haha.
  • peleroja
    Options

I remember playing that.

We never had a rope either. When I was a Girl Guide leader in my early twenties I tried it once at the pool where we were having a meeting once, though, and I had no trouble doing it (back when I was bartending and lifting kegs and stuff on a regular basis, I doubt I'd be able to do it now.)
  • woodml1
    woodml1 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    sigh...When I found that I couldn't eat peanut butter in moderation, and had to get it out of my apartment ASAP, I not only threw it away-I drowned the jar in water first so I wouldn't be tempted...

I can't believe I shared that.

OMG I've done this too. No more nut butters in the house at all. When I throw something away because I bought it for the day and don't want to keep it around, I put liquid dish soap on it in the trash can. Thank you Miranda from Sex and The City for that idea!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    woodml1 wrote: »
    sigh...When I found that I couldn't eat peanut butter in moderation, and had to get it out of my apartment ASAP, I not only threw it away-I drowned the jar in water first so I wouldn't be tempted...

OMG I've done this too. No more nut butters in the house at all. When I throw something away because I bought it for the day and don't want to keep it around, I put liquid dish soap on it in the trash can. Thank you Miranda from Sex and The City for that idea!

I'm claiming this one! It fits my card at G-58.
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options

I remember playing that.

We had a kid who not only climbed the rope, but went hand over hand along a beam that held up the ceiling for about 10 feet! It was about a 50 foot drop to a hardwood gym floor, certain death. The phys ed teacher nearly had a heart attack. I wonder what became of that kid...
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »

I remember playing that.

Haha! Class of 2005?

Mo you are not old! You are a hot momma!!

Funny you say that! I have a key chain that Mr. Mo bought me that says the exact same thing. AND he bought BEFORE I started working out. :smiley:
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    woodml1 wrote: »

I'm claiming this one! It fits my card at G-58.

Dang it! Stupid work getting in the way of me filling up my Bingo card! :rage:
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    bw_conway wrote: »

I remember playing that.

We had a kid who not only climbed the rope, but went hand over hand along a beam that held up the ceiling for about 10 feet! It was about a 50 foot drop to a hardwood gym floor, certain death. The phys ed teacher nearly had a heart attack. I wonder what became of that kid...

Found him!
    0docphcog062.jpg
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options

I remember playing that.

Haha! Class of 2005?

Wait...what???

say-what-now-o.gif

So who was watching who's shows??? lol
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options

I remember playing that.

Haha! Class of 2005?

Wait...what???

say-what-now-o.gif

The moment you look at the date stamp on that video and realize this kid is about to turn nine.
  • peleroja
    Options

I remember playing that.

Haha! Class of 2005?

Wait...what???

say-what-now-o.gif

The moment you look at the date stamp on that video and realize this kid is about to turn nine.

This happens to me all the time lately.

We were watching the hockey game a couple nights ago and one of the announcers said that a player was born in 1997 and I was just like :o:disappointed: Like, I'm young, right? In my head I'm still barely out of school, yet I was already in junior high when a professional athlete making millions was born.
  • MoHousdon
    Options

I remember playing that.

Haha! Class of 2005?

Wait...what???

say-what-now-o.gif

I don't know! I'm going with you watching mine. However, if I still had cable, I'd watch Spongebob like nobody's business and I may have watched Girl Meets World (a few episodes at least) on Netflix.