Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    petunia773 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    And speaking of old computer games, anyone else have "computer lab day" in school where your class got to go down to the computer room to play Oregon Trail on floppy disk??

Yes, Oregon Trail was the best game ever..until you died of cholera. ...

I never heard of that one. Though I remember floppy disks!

I played Oregon trail on floppy disks during elementary school!!

I remember playing that.

Do you guys remember in gym class when we had to use those stupid boards with wheels that you sat on & ran over your fingers?

Stupid?!? Those were amazing! If you walked into the gym and saw those (or the parachute) you knew it was gonna be a fun gym class!

Seriously!! The roller boards (aka dollies in the grown up world) were second only to dodgeball!!!
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    And speaking of old computer games, anyone else have "computer lab day" in school where your class got to go down to the computer room to play Oregon Trail on floppy disk??

I remember playing that.

Do you guys remember in gym class when we had to use those stupid boards with wheels that you sat on & ran over your fingers?

Stupid?!? Those were amazing! If you walked into the gym and saw those (or the parachute) you knew it was gonna be a fun gym class!

Seriously!! The roller boards (aka dollies in the grown up world) were second only to dodgeball!!!

Between your show choices and game memories I think we could have been friends.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

I remember playing that.

Between your show choices and game memories I think we could have been friends.

Haha! Class of 2005?

ETA what if we actually were friends as kids and we just don't realize it because we don't recognize each other on here??!!!! :o
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options

I remember playing that.

They were just playing with those at P's school yesterday..if I'm thinking of the same thing. They actually had little ropes tied to them so they could pull each other around.
    They also played with a parachute last week! :)
  • kelly_c_77
    Options

What kind of game is that? Reminds me of Leisure Suit Larry......it was all fun and games until you got VD from a hooker and died!

Woah, definitely never played that one! Hahaha
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    mef1107 wrote: »
    Fresh eggs will not peel. Let them hang out in your fridge for a week or two

Pardon? I only keep boiled eggs for a few days......

I *think* she meant the raw eggs, not boiled. I DO keep my boiled eggs for quite a while, though, if I haven't peeled them right after boiling. Unpeeled, they last a long time. Peeled, they start to smell a bit funky after a while.

She meant the raw ones. I never bother boiling just-bought eggs. I pick them up a week in advance. They always peel super easily when they're "old."

I tried the vinegar thing this morning. It seemed to work really well.

Yay!! I am glad I could help. I'd hate to see your walls covered in boiled egg.

I'm not the egg thrower. I can't remember who that was. @peleroja or @ShibaEars ?

Oops! Confused...but I would hate to see anyone's walls covered in hard, or even worse, soft boiled eggs. It was @ShibaEars

Haha, I'd never throw anything in our kitchen, it's all shiny cabinets and stainless backsplash and cleaning them is bad enough without intentionally making it worse. I know we've discussed how much I hate stainless steel before but I HATE STAINLESS STEEL. And my stupid contemporary shiny cabinets.

I really am a huge grump lately, huh?

Moi aussi. I have dogs. I do not want to spend all my free time cleaning.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options

I remember playing that.

They were just playing with those at P's school yesterday..if I'm thinking of the same thing. They actually had little ropes tied to them so they could pull each other around.
    They also played with a parachute last week! :)

I'm surprised they let kids play with those now, I remember them being rolling finger-crunching devices. I also remember how fast you could get going before you hit the wall, haha.
  • Wild_Red_Fox
    Wild_Red_Fox Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    sigh...When I found that I couldn't eat peanut butter in moderation, and had to get it out of my apartment ASAP, I not only threw it away-I drowned the jar in water first so I wouldn't be tempted...

I can't believe I shared that.

This made me laugh! Totally something that I would do. I just have this weird image of you holding it under the water going 'shhhhh I'm sorry but we can't be together'.
  • ythannah
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    I have never:

Experienced online dating
    Watched Glee
    Had a bowl haircut
    Worn a fauxhawk
    Liked Sesame Street

Well I can join you in all these except Sesame Street. I loved SS. I loved Mr. Snuffalufagus. (SP?).

He was my favorite too!

I tried online dating
    Watched Glee one time
    Never had a bowl haircut or a fauxhawk

I have never

Watched The Real Housewives of Anywhere or Keeping up with Anyone

I've never watched the Real Housewives or Keeping up with whoever but I do think both have been on in the cardio room at the gym (I don't think that counts since I really wasn't watching even if I'd had control of it).

I've also never watched:
    any "Swap" shows
    How I met your mother
    Game of Thrones
    99% of everything else on TV

I've seen Keeping up with.. a few times.
    No to all the others listed.

I do like reality tv though.. :grimace: a little too much. And that is a confession...

I've confessed that before in here too, I know! I love terrible TV. It's all TLC and cooking competitions and Animal Planet at my house, all the time, and I have no shame.

I watched My 600 Pound Life & Skin Tight (new show) on Wednesday.

What is Skin Tight?? I watch 600 Pound Life.

Skin Tight was the second hour of My 600 Pound Life (I don't think these were people that were on My 600 Pound Life). They featured two people who lost a lot of weight & had a lot of loose skin & detailed the surgeries they undertook & how they looked after the surgeries.

Watching it made me wish I could get surgery on my arms, legs, & lower stomach.

I watched both of those, too. I thought the blond chick on Skin Tight was a whiner. She didn't like her loose skin, but then she didn't like her scars after the surgery. She seemed to get better at the end. I probably won't watch that again, but it DVRed along with my 600 LB Life, so I gave it a shot.

And this. She made me cry in the beginning but I was angry that she was so whiny at the end.

I PVR's 600 lb Life just for fun and Skin Tight recorded too.

I just wanna know... who throws a big party to show off their new surgically altered self? Isn't that a little... off?
  • ythannah
    Options
    I played Oregon Trail and Carmen Sandiego, and Mo's list has stuff I know on it! I loved Full House and Boy Meets World too and I watched Home Improvement with my dad, who is pretty much a less-disaster-prone Tim Allen in real life which is I think why he liked it so much.

Tangent: Later on, I remember my dad watching That 70s Show and saying "No, no, never mind Home Improvement, THIS was my life! I was Eric Foreman!" to my mom and I. He was in his mid-teens at the beginning of the 70s and he's never identified so closely with a TV character, it's pretty cute.

I've never seen a TV character I felt that way about, but I do think that the movie Superbad was probably the closest thing to my high school experience (barring the McLovin stuff, haha.) I feel like I knew those guys and they showed up at my friends' parties.

Unfortunately, Dazed and Confused is the closest to mine. I saw that movie with a friend from high school and we could match up all the characters with people we'd known.
  • ythannah
    Options

What kind of game is that? Reminds me of Leisure Suit Larry......it was all fun and games until you got VD from a hooker and died!

Now THAT reminds me of someone... ;)
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    I played Oregon Trail and Carmen Sandiego, and Mo's list has stuff I know on it! I loved Full House and Boy Meets World too and I watched Home Improvement with my dad, who is pretty much a less-disaster-prone Tim Allen in real life which is I think why he liked it so much.

Tangent: Later on, I remember my dad watching That 70s Show and saying "No, no, never mind Home Improvement, THIS was my life! I was Eric Foreman!" to my mom and I. He was in his mid-teens at the beginning of the 70s and he's never identified so closely with a TV character, it's pretty cute.

I've never seen a TV character I felt that way about, but I do think that the movie Superbad was probably the closest thing to my high school experience (barring the McLovin stuff, haha.) I feel like I knew those guys and they showed up at my friends' parties.

Unfortunately, Dazed and Confused is the closest to mine. I saw that movie with a friend from high school and we could match up all the characters with people we'd known.

Although it was released a few years before my high school experience, "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" was the defining high school movie for me! I knew far too many students like Jeff Spicoli, lol
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options

I remember playing that.

Quik, I was thinking the same thing. I loved those scooters, and I have thought of making my own several times with dollies.

Speaking of gym class, how many of you honestly made it all the way up the rope to touch the ceiling of the gym? I did. I've always had pretty strong arms even as a puny girl child.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    sigh...When I found that I couldn't eat peanut butter in moderation, and had to get it out of my apartment ASAP, I not only threw it away-I drowned the jar in water first so I wouldn't be tempted...

This made me laugh! Totally something that I would do. I just have this weird image of you holding it under the water going 'shhhhh I'm sorry but we can't be together'.

I claim this for my Bingo card!
  • MoHousdon
    Options

Hahaha.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »

Dang it! I was too slow.
  • MoHousdon
    Options

Dang it! I was too slow.

I really SHOULD make a Bingo card.
  • kelly_c_77
    Options

Omg!!! Ha!

*kicks! "You know why"!!!!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options

I remember playing that.

Quik, I was thinking the same thing. I loved those scooters, and I have thought of making my own several times with dollies.

Speaking of gym class, how many of you honestly made it all the way up the rope to touch the ceiling of the gym? I did. I've always had pretty strong arms even as a puny girl child.

I did. My brother told me I couldn't do it. I had to prove him wrong. It nearly killed me.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options

I remember playing that.

They were SO MUCH FUN until you hit your finger lol