Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    I have never:

Experienced online dating
    Watched Glee
    Had a bowl haircut
    Worn a fauxhawk
    Liked Sesame Street

Well I can join you in all these except Sesame Street. I loved SS. I loved Mr. Snuffalufagus. (SP?).

He was my favorite too!

I tried online dating
    Watched Glee one time
    Never had a bowl haircut or a fauxhawk

I have never

Watched The Real Housewives of Anywhere or Keeping up with Anyone

I've never watched the Real Housewives or Keeping up with whoever but I do think both have been on in the cardio room at the gym (I don't think that counts since I really wasn't watching even if I'd had control of it).

I've also never watched:
    any "Swap" shows
    How I met your mother
    Game of Thrones
    99% of everything else on TV

I've seen Keeping up with.. a few times.
    No to all the others listed.

I do like reality tv though.. :grimace: a little too much. And that is a confession...

I've confessed that before in here too, I know! I love terrible TV. It's all TLC and cooking competitions and Animal Planet at my house, all the time, and I have no shame.

I watched My 600 Pound Life & Skin Tight (new show) on Wednesday.

What is Skin Tight?? I watch 600 Pound Life.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    I have never:

Watched Glee
    Had a bowl haircut
    Worn a fauxhawk
    Liked Sesame Street

Well I can join you in all these except Sesame Street. I loved SS. I loved Mr. Snuffalufagus. (SP?).

He was my favorite too!

I tried online dating
    Watched Glee one time

I have never

I've never watched the Real Housewives or Keeping up with whoever but I do think both have been on in the cardio room at the gym (I don't think that counts since I really wasn't watching even if I'd had control of it).

I've also never watched:
    any "Swap" shows
    How I met your mother
    Game of Thrones

I do like reality tv though.. :grimace: a little too much. And that is a confession...

I've confessed that before in here too, I know! I love terrible TV. It's all TLC and cooking competitions and Animal Planet at my house, all the time, and I have no shame.

Skin Tight was the second hour of My 600 Pound Life (I don't think these were people that were on My 600 Pound Life). They featured two people who lost a lot of weight & had a lot of loose skin & detailed the surgeries they undertook & how they looked after the surgeries.

Watching it made me wish I could get surgery on my arms, legs, & lower stomach.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,451 Member
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    Confession: I HATE when I make a hard-boiled egg and the middle of the yolk isn't quite done. EEEWWWwwwww!

I confess that I quite like the runny yolk and happily eat it that way. ;) It does annoy me when I wanted to use it for something that requires hard boiled eggs rather than soft boiled, though.
    Me too. I always get a little sad when I open my hard boiled eggs and notice it's completely cooked through.

I make six eggs at a time and typically only keep them for a week

Get the water to boiling, add your eggs to the water with a spoon and time them for four minutes. Guaranteed cooked whites and liquid yolk. That's how I like mine as well.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,451 Member
    Options
    I have never:

Watched Glee
    Had a bowl haircut
    Worn a fauxhawk
    Liked Sesame Street

He was my favorite too!

I tried online dating
    Watched Glee one time

I have never

I've also never watched:
    any "Swap" shows
    How I met your mother
    Game of Thrones

My favorite was paradise island (very old).

Oh I remember that well. And the love boat. And Magnum PI. Etc.

Or should that be Fantasy Island???
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    I have never:

Watched Glee
    Had a bowl haircut
    Worn a fauxhawk
    Liked Sesame Street

He was my favorite too!

I tried online dating
    Watched Glee one time

I have never

I've also never watched:
    any "Swap" shows
    How I met your mother
    Game of Thrones

I have learned a lot from your reality tv obsession, though. Maybe some things I didn't want to know, like all about urine as moisturizer. Ick!

@kelly_c_77

Did you see the urine as moisturizer on Confessions Of A Teenage Idol?

I remember one guy on there (think he was from The Real World) that used his own urine for his hair. Yuck!

Thanks for reminding me to respond to Tammy's post..I forgot to come back to it! But no, it was on "my strange addiction". She used her own urine as moisturizer, hair conditioner, in her baths, and as a drink. All day, every day for 4 years! She did it as an alternative to chemo when she was diagnosed with cancer.
    crosbylee wrote: »
    I have never:

Watched Glee
    Had a bowl haircut
    Worn a fauxhawk
    Liked Sesame Street

He was my favorite too!

I tried online dating
    Watched Glee one time

I have never

I've also never watched:
    any "Swap" shows
    How I met your mother
    Game of Thrones

Yes, I think that's what she meant.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    I have never:

-Worked out with a giant inflatable ball
    -Said “we’re pregnant”, whatevs, ginormous, “that’s fab”, brain fart, or delish
    -Worn a do-rag
    -Worn Vibram 5 finger shoes
    -Owned a little yippy gerbil-type of dog
    -Posted a Facebook status update with the hope that Bill Gates or Mark Zuckerberg were going to give me free money
    -Posted a cliffhanger Facebook message to draw sympathy or create curiosity, ie, “At the hospital :( “ or “Worst day of my life!” and then disappeared for the rest of the day.
    Also:
    never said "Hashtag"

I have:

-Participated in a fantasy football league - I Do this! and actually won the trophy last year, and came in a very close second this year!
    -Done the Macarena

I've said "hashtag".
    I've also said "YOLO"

Ha!

If I say YOLO it's very sarcastic. And also mocking this generation that uses it as a legitimate word.

I have a shirt that says "YOLO" and has a kitty with a question mark over it's head. I (not so) secretly enjoy when people don't understand it.

<3
  • rungirl1973
    Options
    mef1107 wrote: »
    Fresh eggs will not peel. Let them hang out in your fridge for a week or two

Pardon? I only keep boiled eggs for a few days......

I *think* she meant the raw eggs, not boiled. I DO keep my boiled eggs for quite a while, though, if I haven't peeled them right after boiling. Unpeeled, they last a long time. Peeled, they start to smell a bit funky after a while.

She meant the raw ones. I never bother boiling just-bought eggs. I pick them up a week in advance. They always peel super easily when they're "old."

Why does everyone seem to know this but me? Mind you, we go through so many eggs I normally have 5-6 dozen in the fridge at a time, and they rotate so none get eaten within a week.....and I do not eat boiled eggs very often....and when I do, I only eat the yolk.....

We buy the Sam's Club box of eggs. 7 1/2 dozen eggs. And hubby and I are the only ones that eat eggs.
    We eat a lot of eggs...
  • rungirl1973
    Options
    If we're going with childhood favorites, where are my teenage mutant ninja turtles lovers at?

He-Man!
    Smurfs
    Snorks
    Ren and Stimpy

My sister and I used to get in knock-down drag-out fights after school because I wanted to watch Scooby Doo and she wanted to watch Mr Rogers. Mom made us take turns.
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    If we're going with childhood favorites, where are my teenage mutant ninja turtles lovers at?

He-Man!
    Smurfs
    Snorks
    Ren and Stimpy

My sister and I used to get in knock-down drag-out fights after school because I wanted to watch Scooby Doo and she wanted to watch Mr Rogers. Mom made us take turns.

Omg, Snorks!!!!!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Fresh eggs will not peel. Let them hang out in your fridge for a week or two

Pardon? I only keep boiled eggs for a few days......

I *think* she meant the raw eggs, not boiled. I DO keep my boiled eggs for quite a while, though, if I haven't peeled them right after boiling. Unpeeled, they last a long time. Peeled, they start to smell a bit funky after a while.

She meant the raw ones. I never bother boiling just-bought eggs. I pick them up a week in advance. They always peel super easily when they're "old."

I tried the vinegar thing this morning. It seemed to work really well.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    I have never:

Watched Glee
    Had a bowl haircut
    Worn a fauxhawk
    Liked Sesame Street

He was my favorite too!

I tried online dating
    Watched Glee one time

I have never

I've also never watched:
    any "Swap" shows
    How I met your mother
    Game of Thrones

Skin Tight was the second hour of My 600 Pound Life (I don't think these were people that were on My 600 Pound Life). They featured two people who lost a lot of weight & had a lot of loose skin & detailed the surgeries they undertook & how they looked after the surgeries.

Watching it made me wish I could get surgery on my arms, legs, & lower stomach.

I watched both of those, too. I thought the blond chick on Skin Tight was a whiner. She didn't like her loose skin, but then she didn't like her scars after the surgery. She seemed to get better at the end. I probably won't watch that again, but it DVRed along with my 600 LB Life, so I gave it a shot.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Confession: I HATE when I make a hard-boiled egg and the middle of the yolk isn't quite done. EEEWWWwwwww!

I confess that I quite like the runny yolk and happily eat it that way. ;) It does annoy me when I wanted to use it for something that requires hard boiled eggs rather than soft boiled, though.
    Me too. I always get a little sad when I open my hard boiled eggs and notice it's completely cooked through.

Get the water to boiling, add your eggs to the water with a spoon and time them for four minutes. Guaranteed cooked whites and liquid yolk. That's how I like mine as well.

:s YUCK! :s YUCK! :s YUCK!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options

I hate when my eggs don't peel right. What is the deal with that?? Some peel easily, and others peel in tiny pieces that take forever. I get irrationally annoyed when an egg doesn't peel easily.
    I have never:

Watched Glee
    Had a bowl haircut
    Worn a fauxhawk
    Liked Sesame Street

He was my favorite too!

I tried online dating
    Watched Glee one time

I have never

I've also never watched:
    any "Swap" shows
    How I met your mother
    Game of Thrones

Ah, that is why that sounded funny! Yes, that was Fantasy Island. With Tattoo. I think that was his name?
  • Oberon21
    Options

I am older than the Turtles, but my nephew loved/s them and my youngest son does too, thanks to the movie.

Me too, a bit past my time. Or on the edge of it as I do kind of remember watching them.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    CosmoTI wrote: »
    Wow, thread revived . Well done people!:-)
    small confession - despite being almost completely skint and having better uses for my money, I bought myself a fitbit yesterday (and I have no regrets)
    secondary confession - I am now doing absolutely nothing productive in work as I'm too busy playing with said fitbit!

Totally worth it. I LOVE my Fitbit!

Ditto!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,721 Member
    Options

:s YUCK! :s YUCK! :s YUCK!

EXACTLY!!!!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,721 Member
    Options

He-Man!
    Smurfs
    Snorks
    Ren and Stimpy

To add to this list:
    Gem
    Rocko's Modern Life
    Tiny Toons
    Thundercats

Does anyone remember Garbage Pail Kids?!
  • kelly_c_77
    Options

I hate when my eggs don't peel right. What is the deal with that?? Some peel easily, and others peel in tiny pieces that take forever. I get irrationally annoyed when an egg doesn't peel easily.
    I have never:

Watched Glee
    Had a bowl haircut
    Worn a fauxhawk
    Liked Sesame Street

He was my favorite too!

I tried online dating
    Watched Glee one time

I have never

I've also never watched:
    any "Swap" shows
    How I met your mother
    Game of Thrones

Ah, that is why that sounded funny! Yes, that was Fantasy Island. With Tattoo. I think that was his name?

Yes! "The plane, the plane"!!

And Mo, I loved Garbage Pail Kids...except my card was "Smelly Kelly" and that wasn't fun....
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »

I fly into a fit of rage when my eggs won't peel. It takes everything I have to not whip that stupid &*&%^%$ egg at the wall with as much force as I can.

OMG - the mental image of this has sent me into a fit of the giggles. Thanks A LOT @ShibaEars !! :lol:

:smiley: No problem
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »

He-Man!
    Smurfs
    Snorks
    Ren and Stimpy

To add to this list:
    Gem
    Rocko's Modern Life
    Tiny Toons
    Thundercats

Does anyone remember Garbage Pail Kids?!

Thundercats were the bomb.com