Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    Yep, it's in the sink. New Year, New Beard. That's what my grandma always used to say! I shaved it off on Jan. 1 to coincide with updates in my fitness and nutrition regimens. Only the 3rd time in 13 years my chin has seen the light of day!

Confession: The next time someone compares me to Hayden Christensen, I'm gonna lose my ish and come after all y'all!

I confess - I had to google that...and I don't see any resemblance.

Yeah, he turned the origin story of the best supevillain in the history of cinema into a trainwreck of emo douchiness.

I agree with that. He was HORRIBLE... :s

To be fair, he wasn't exactly given the world's most stellar dialogue and plotting to work with...

The bit that always gets me is when he's raging about how he slaughtered all the Tuskens, even the children, and Padme is NOT running as fast as she can in the other direction! I mean, really?

I confess that I think that's because George Lucas isn't the genius everyone gives him credit for. I think he was just surrounded by geniuses.
    I heard on a documentary of sorts that Lucas was completely unconcerned with the actual storytelling and relationships in the prequels because he thought people were only going to watch for the special effects.

This is the same guy who originally wanted Christopher Walken to play Han Solo until he was finally convinced into giving Harrison Ford a shot.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    misskarne wrote: »
    Yep, it's in the sink. New Year, New Beard. That's what my grandma always used to say! I shaved it off on Jan. 1 to coincide with updates in my fitness and nutrition regimens. Only the 3rd time in 13 years my chin has seen the light of day!

Confession: The next time someone compares me to Hayden Christensen, I'm gonna lose my ish and come after all y'all!

I confess - I had to google that...and I don't see any resemblance.

Yeah, he turned the origin story of the best supevillain in the history of cinema into a trainwreck of emo douchiness.

I agree with that. He was HORRIBLE... :s

To be fair, he wasn't exactly given the world's most stellar dialogue and plotting to work with...

The bit that always gets me is when he's raging about how he slaughtered all the Tuskens, even the children, and Padme is NOT running as fast as she can in the other direction! I mean, really?

I confess that I think that's because George Lucas isn't the genius everyone gives him credit for. I think he was just surrounded by geniuses.
    I heard on a documentary of sorts that Lucas was completely unconcerned with the actual storytelling and relationships in the prequels because he thought people were only going to watch for the special effects.

This is the same guy who originally wanted Christopher Walken to play Han Solo until he was finally convinced into giving Harrison Ford a shot.

When George Lucas divorced Marcia, he divorced the only person who wasn't afraid to tell him, "this doesn't work." He was surrounded by yes men(and women) when the prequels were filmed. They were terrible stories with awful sets - nothing got dirty during the pod races? You live in a desert planet, but there's no dust in your shops/homes or on your clothes? Hmmm, no....

• Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I confess to never having seen any one of the Star Wars movies in its entirety. I further confess that brings me great joy.

Some of the things that I haven't done that I'm proud of:

I have never:

-Worked out with a giant inflatable ball
    -Said “we’re pregnant”, whatevs, ginormous, “that’s fab”, brain fart, or delish
    -Worn a do-rag
    -Participated in a fantasy football league
    -Done the Macarena
    -Worn Vibram 5 finger shoes
    -Owned a little yippy gerbil-type of dog
    -Posted a Facebook status update with the hope that Bill Gates or Mark Zuckerberg were going to give me free money
    -Posted a cliffhanger Facebook message to draw sympathy or create curiosity, ie, “At the hospital :( “ or “Worst day of my life!” and then disappeared for the rest of the day.
  • Carlos_421
    Options
    bw_conway wrote: »
    I confess to never having seen any one of the Star Wars movies in its entirety. I further confess that brings me great joy.

I have never:

-Worn a do-rag
    -Done the Macarena
    -Posted a Facebook status update with the hope that Bill Gates or Mark Zuckerberg were going to give me free money
    -Posted a cliffhanger Facebook message to draw sympathy or create curiosity, ie, “At the hospital :( “ or “Worst day of my life!” and then disappeared for the rest of the day.

From your list, I have only:

-Done the Macarena (I was a kid when it was big so...)
    -Said ginormous (may have said whatevs but was making fun)
    -Worked out with an exercise ball (and decided it was not at all for me)
    -Owned a yippy dog (another childhood mistake)

I have also never:

-Worn skinny jeans
    -Bleached my hair
    -Worn elfish dress shoes where the toes curl up
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    Also back on the wagon today. What I came to confess is that Santa brought our family a game called Pointing Fingers yesterday. You get points for guessing other people's answers to "have you ever..." and "would you ever..." questions. I confess to laughing so hard at the question, "Would you ever eat food from the trash?" that I had to tell my family about drowning peanut butter and throwing it away. @MoHousdon do I get a Bingo for that even though it happened offline?

Thanks for letting us know about this. I actually want to get this game for someone now. :)
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options

I have never:

-Worn a do-rag
    -Done the Macarena

I have never:

-Said “we’re pregnant”, whatevs, ginormous, “that’s fab”, or delish
    -Worn a do-rag
    -Posted a cliffhanger Facebook message to draw sympathy or create curiosity, ie, “At the hospital :( “ or “Worst day of my life!” and then disappeared for the rest of the day

I've done the rest :) No judgement, remember?
  • FroggyBug
    edited January 2016
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I haven't been logging any food for a few weeks :grimace: I logged some yesterday, but not everything. Today I feel more motivated to log, but only because it's a "good" day. :smirk:

I don't think I'm doing this right...

That was me. The last time I had logged food before this week was December 17 (because that was when I had a couple days off and did "free days"). Then I didn't log again until January 4th. But thankfully I remembered to at least log in everyday so I didn't lose my streak. :)
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Also back on the wagon today. What I came to confess is that Santa brought our family a game called Pointing Fingers yesterday. You get points for guessing other people's answers to "have you ever..." and "would you ever..." questions. I confess to laughing so hard at the question, "Would you ever eat food from the trash?" that I had to tell my family about drowning peanut butter and throwing it away. @MoHousdon do I get a Bingo for that even though it happened offline?

Doesn't count if it's not in the thread! I am SUPER surprised I didn't get a BINGO game from POF for my SS gift. :smiley: She DID get me hot chocolate drink mix and wrote in my card to eat a spoonful if I ever need a chocolate fix. I enjoyed that! I tried to explain it to my family, but they just didn't get it.

I don't remember but did you ever post what you got. :( I suck at remembering things sometimes.

But I agree, that is cute!
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    Gary, I'm sad to say, is no more. Poor guy got in a tussle with a Gillette Mach 4 and lost.

This makes me very sad...

Me too!
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »

Christensen was the worst casting choice since Luke's aunt's seventies style jean jacket.

That jacket was a then contemporary wardrobe choice. (and yes I was 8 when Star Wars was in theaters the first time and I may or may not have had a crush on both Luke and Han)

Confession: My imaginary friend was Princess Leia.

I confess: I had Princess Leia Underroos - who remembers? I also had Wonder Woman!

The question is, who DIDN'T have Wonder Woman underoos?

*raises hand ever so slowly as to not be noticed.

I never did either...
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

I have never:

-Worn a do-rag
    -Done the Macarena

I have never:

-we're pregnant, whatevs, that's fab, or delish
    -worn a do-rag
    -owned a ankle-biter
    -posted either FB status above

I tried on my son's Vibrams, so I don't think that should count against me

• rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options

I have never:

-Worn a do-rag
    -Done the Macarena

Hmm...
    I've worked out with a stability ball. Many times.
    I've said ginormous and brain fart (but none of that other stuff)
    I've participated in a fantasy football league.
    I've done the Macarena. Many times.
    I currently own a small dog, but she never barks.

• bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    I have never:

-Worn a do-rag
    Also:
    never said "Hashtag"

I have:

-Participated in a fantasy football league - I Do this! and actually won the trophy last year, and came in a very close second this year!
    -Done the Macarena
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

I have never:

-Worn a do-rag
    -Done the Macarena

HEY I USE THE WORDS whatevs, ginormous, and delish and I AM AWESOME B)
    I have never done the rest though. I don't have any social media accounts- except for this one if you want to call it a social media site.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »

Christensen was the worst casting choice since Luke's aunt's seventies style jean jacket.

That jacket was a then contemporary wardrobe choice. (and yes I was 8 when Star Wars was in theaters the first time and I may or may not have had a crush on both Luke and Han)

Confession: My imaginary friend was Princess Leia.

I confess: I had Princess Leia Underroos - who remembers? I also had Wonder Woman!

The question is, who DIDN'T have Wonder Woman underoos?

*raises hand ever so slowly as to not be noticed.

I never did either...

Me neither. I'm still a baby, I was too young to have any of those. ;)
  • rungirl1973
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    I have never:

-Worn a do-rag
    Also:
    never said "Hashtag"

I have:

-Participated in a fantasy football league - I Do this! and actually won the trophy last year, and came in a very close second this year!
    -Done the Macarena

I've said "hashtag".
    I've also said "YOLO"

Ha!
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »

I haven't either.

I only saw one, but I was forced to. I am not a fan.
  • Carlos_421
    Options
    I have never:

-Worn a do-rag
    Also:
    never said "Hashtag"

I have:

-Done the Macarena

I've said "hashtag".
    I've also said "YOLO"

Ha!

If I say YOLO it's very sarcastic. And also mocking this generation that uses it as a legitimate word.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options

I have never:

-Worn a do-rag
    -Done the Macarena

I'll play!!!

I have never:

-worked out with a giant inflatable ball
    -said "we're pregnant", ginormous, "that's fab" (eww!), brain fart, or delish (I HATE that word). I've said whatevs...but always joking around..like, "Psshhh, whatEVS"!!!
    -worn a do-rag
    -participated in a fantasy football league
    -done the macarena
    -worn 5 finger shoes
    -owned a yippy dog. We had a dachshund..I don't consider them yippy.
    -posted either of those FB statuses. I'd like to punch my FB friends in the face when they post statuses like these...
  • rungirl1973
    Options
    I have never:

-Worn a do-rag
    Also:
    never said "Hashtag"

I have:

-Done the Macarena

I've said "hashtag".
    I've also said "YOLO"

Ha!

If I say YOLO it's very sarcastic. And also mocking this generation that uses it as a legitimate word.

Well, when I moved away from my hometown (where I lived for years because of the free babysitters), it was because my (then teenage) daughter said, YOLO mom.
    It's true...

I have never said "on fleek" or whatever that is.