Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Another who met their SO online right here- OKCupid haha who would've thought?
    Me too, and I met some nice but not quite right ones on Match too.
  • rugbyphreak
    rugbyphreak Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    My confession from Friday... I got really drunk on beer that was not labeled "lite", got home, crawled into bed, and ordered pizza, then made my boyfriend stay up until the pizza came and hand deliver it to me in bed. I'm not a nice drunk, very bossy, no fun, shocked he hasn't left me yet.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    At one of our local grocery stores they have a cow on the front of the milk display and the cow moos at you every time you walk by it. I hate that cow. I turned around the other day and said to it.
    " I know right!! But I am working on it so back off!!
    There were 2 elderly ladies standing they and I am sure they were ready to call someone to take me away!

Ha! That's awesome :)

@riderfangal I've been reading your username as riderangle since the beginning of the thread...until I've been replying to you :blush:

LOL the riders are my favourite football team. I am actually somewhat obsessed lol. Truth be told I wanted to name my son Ryder but my ex was having no part of that

I probably missed it in previous pages, but @riderfangal you had a date on Saturday, right? How did it go?
  • Coastalpath
    Coastalpath Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »

I read the whole thing and wow, I totally agree with you. I had a coworker say to me on Friday, it could be worse...well it keeps getting worse anyway (now I'm sick before my bday with I dunno what). It is getting to me as well. I don't think anyone knows how bad these last couple months have been.

Even on this thread I'm happy for people who are going through good things but at the same time hurting because I used to feel good about my life too and I'm sad I'm losing my happiness.

I am sorry to hear that you are sick. From your previous posts I know you've gone through a lot and you sound very run down. Let's have our safe place here where it's accepted we have bad times and it will get better!! You will get better. You deserve to be happy. We can have our pity party because we deserve to have our feelings!

• orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Busy week coming up so for the stateside folks, can I get a HELLZ YEAH for this 4 day work week?!?! B)

Well I have Friday booked off because it's SO's Birthday so can I join in on the fun? :smile:

I never work Fridays, so i always have 4 days weeks, can i be in?

Yes, but I am hating on you so hard right now. I'd love to have a 4x10 work week. I did once at an old job decades ago, and I've wished for it ever since!

It won't make it better that I do 7.5 hours a day then...
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    Oh I also confess after taking a 32 mile bike ride and push mowing the front & back lawns yesterday, I justifiably bought a box of chocolate covered twinkies and ate the whole box of 9 through the afternoon and in to the night. None lasted until morning. (cant have my moment of weakness infect another day!)

I am super (no joking) impressed. You must have a cast-iron stomach!
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    Alright, I'm now reduced to taking notes so I can respond to posts.... @Coastalpath , @raelynnsmama52512 , @FroggyBug and @xLoveLikeWinterx , I'm so sorry you gals are going through such rough patches right now. :'( In true fix-it style, I wish I had solutions or helpful advice... but all I've got is empathy.

And @susieqhusband, the bad-hair llama lady also requests that you provide your wife with a Fitbit! Heck, look at the money she's already saved you on all that live-in staff that she doesn't want (and, no, I didn't know that was the norm).

Most of the time I really enjoy driving. I wouldn't put up with being told I couldn't drive because of my gender. Good thing I live in North America!

LOL at the live-in staff part. :p

Preventing women from driving has NO basis in Islam, honestly. The excuse they use is that "women will use the driving to go to places that are forbidden and do forbidden things." Seriously?! Putting a woman in the car with an unrelated male driver IS actually forbidden in Islam, and that's supposed to be a better solution somehow than letting a woman drive her OWN car?

I don't think it's the government's job to "discipline" women as to where they can drive--That's up to their fathers, up to an agreement between their husbands and them about where they can't go (does that even make sense, though? "Wife, please don't go hang out with random men, okay?"). And who's to say that GUYS don't drive to "forbidden places and do forbidden things"? I hate everything about this so-called justification. -_-

Star fact: As a form of protest, a Saudi Arabian lady living in Emirates who holds an international driver's license tried to drive through the border into Saudi Arabia, and was prevented. When she insisted that it was her right to enter her home country, the government magically made her "disappear". When another female friend drove to the border to bring her fresh clothing and a toothbrush and such, she "disappeared" as well. One month later, some news surfaced that they were being tried IN A TERRORISM COURT, and then later on were released and pardoned after THREE MONTHS OF IMPRISONMENT. Yes, seriously.

The story about those women terrifies me and makes me realize that I really take my freedoms here for granted!
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    At one of our local grocery stores they have a cow on the front of the milk display and the cow moos at you every time you walk by it. I hate that cow. I turned around the other day and said to it.
    There were 2 elderly ladies standing they and I am sure they were ready to call someone to take me away!

@riderfangal I've been reading your username as riderangle since the beginning of the thread...until I've been replying to you :blush:

LOL the riders are my favourite football team. I am actually somewhat obsessed lol. Truth be told I wanted to name my son Ryder but my ex was having no part of that

I probably missed it in previous pages, but @riderfangal you had a date on Saturday, right? How did it go?

He was very nice but no spark. On the surface we should have meshed completely but nothing. I was thinking maybe its just me in my heart I am not sure I am ready or wiling to enter into any relationship. Still it was nice to enjoy some adult conversation. :)
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    My confession from Friday... I got really drunk on beer that was not labeled "lite", got home, crawled into bed, and ordered pizza, then made my boyfriend stay up until the pizza came and hand deliver it to me in bed. I'm not a nice drunk, very bossy, no fun, shocked he hasn't left me yet.

I'm not the nicest drunk in the world every so often either- another reason I've quit!
  • riderfangal
    Options

I'm not the nicest drunk in the world every so often either- another reason I've quit!

How is the not drinking going?
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Aww, total warm fuzzies! Thank you, guys. :) By the way, does it bother anyone that I'm essentially referring to a group of women as "guys"? Because it's just the way I've always used that word growing up, so I use it automatically. :D

Yes! I'm very offended! Just kidding! I waver between y'all (living in SC for 17 years) and you guys (grew up in IL) depending on the situation, but prefer you guys!

I'm also in SC!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

Really well thank you!! Going on 7 months now and honestly the more time goes by te easier for me it gets! Plus I have bad nightmares and flashbacks from some not so good times that help keep me away from it :)
  • ShibaEars
    Options

He was very nice but no spark. On the surface we should have meshed completely but nothing. I was thinking maybe its just me in my heart I am not sure I am ready or wiling to enter into any relationship. Still it was nice to enjoy some adult conversation. :)

It happens. But at least you got a nice evening out!

I dated a guy that, "on paper", should've been a perfect match for me, but there was no spark with him either. I've also wondered if it's me not being willing to be in a relationship, but I want a spark, darn it!
  • riderfangal
    Options

Really well thank you!! Going on 7 months now and honestly the more time goes by te easier for me it gets! Plus I have bad nightmares and flashbacks from some not so good times that help keep me away from it :)

That is amazing!! Good for you!! I really mean that. :)
  • hnsaunde
    hnsaunde Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    I was outside for 3 or 4 hours yesterday in sunny +32C weather and the only part of me that tanned is the back of my neck. Seriously?! I'm glad I didn't burn, since that's usually what happens, but now I am literally a red neck :neutral:

LOL! I snorted at this, I hope I'm not the only one who gets it!
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Don't judge, but I have a cleaning lady every week, she cleans my house before I get home for the weekend. I justify it by saying I don't have to spend precious Charlie time cleaning, and it's do nice to walk into a clean smelling home in the middle of the night every week. Beds made. Also I have never met the magical woman who looks after my house ( she also cleans for my mum). Also, o work pretty hard and have a full load of responsibilities, so I don't feel guilty.

I also have a man who walks my dog. But that's because he had to move in with my parents when I went to work in London and it wasn't fair to expect them to do it.

Susie, I did have an assumption that all Saudi homes had a maid and a driver. I got this from the Jean sassoon/princess sultana series of books. Have you read them?
  • riderfangal
    Options
    Don't judge, but I have a cleaning lady every week, she cleans my house before I get home for the weekend. I justify it by saying I don't have to spend precious Charlie time cleaning, and it's do nice to walk into a clean smelling home in the middle of the night every week. Beds made. Also I have never met the magical woman who looks after my house ( she also cleans for my mum). Also, o work pretty hard and have a full load of responsibilities, so I don't feel guilty.

I also have a man who walks my dog. But that's because he had to move in with my parents when I went to work in London and it wasn't fair to expect them to do it.

Susie, I did have an assumption that all Saudi homes had a maid and a driver. I got this from the Jean sassoon/princess sultana series of books. Have you read them?

I would never judge you on that. Your plate is so full that I think you deserve every bit of help you can get.
  • hnsaunde
    Options
    hnsaunde wrote: »
    @orangesmartie sorry if you've already said, which mountain are you climbing? I love climbing!

Ben nevis in Scotland :)
    I just Googled, that looks like an amazing climb, have fun!
  • hnsaunde
    Options
    My SO and I met on Plenty of Fish, another vote for online dating...
  • jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    @Italian_Buju , @kelly_c_77 , @LBuehrle8 , @nonoelmo , @Glinda1971 , @lilaclovebird , @kellienw335 , @riderfangal , @orangesmartie , @Susieq_1994 , @pofoster21 , @ythannah , @xLoveLikeWinterx

Thanks all of you for taking the time to wish me well and offer me advice. I really appreciate it. It's too long, complicated and boring to go into fully but I really appreciate you telling me that it's ok to feel like this. I am a pretty strong (I hate that word!) person but sometimes, it just takes one too many things to tip a person over the edge of happy and I think I am at this stage at the moment. I'm nervous of saying too much in case anyone I know was to read this but I've had so much happen in the last year or so that I feel at the end of my tether.

- Christmas 2013 my step son was rushed to hospital diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. He was so ill, it was an absolute nightmare, and especially around Christmas time. I'll never forget explaining to him that what was wrong with him couldn't just be cut out after he was crying and telling us he would have any operation needed just to fix it. He's done fantastically well to adapt at 13/14 years old but it was a stressful time.

- Living in the South of UK house prices are ridiculous. Husband and I are very stressed not being able to afford a home and having to rent. Rental agencies in my experience have been horrendous. We are treated like second class citizens even though we pay more in rent than any of my friends pay for their mortgage. We eventually have been granted a mortgage but that in itself opens up more stress with trying to find a home on our budget.

- We can't go on holiday (saving for house). We went for one weekend away to Cornwall 2 months ago and came home and our rented house had flooded from top to bottom. It's a town house so all 3 stories are water damaged. 2 months in the works are now due to commence but we have holes in the ceiling and no carpets and living in less than best conditions. Landlord has been excellent, but it's not nice. Work needs to start but now cannot as...

- ...My husband has a serious injury to his shoulder and has been in constant pain for about 5 months. Operation is scheduled in mid July which we know he needs but we are both nervous about. Living with his pain has been heartbreaking but it means we can't get the house fixed until his 3 or 4 weeks of initial recovery have taken place.

- At work 3 members of my senior management team are retiring, 2 of which I work directly with. This change is unsettling and means that my work life is very stressful at the moment, along with lots of extra work. Going home is then not relaxing - see above posts.

- Lastly, and worst - is our infertility. My husband had a reversal just over a year ago, which we paid £3k for and it clearly hasn't worked! We are not completely defined by this but after just having tests done the practitioners (even without the results) are being really negative to us, blaming my husband and saying he shouldn't have had it done in the first place. Ok then, not helpful. He knows this, doesn't need to be told. We are struggling with this coming to terms with the fact I'll never be a mum, and unfortunately this has coincided with 3 of my close friends becoming pregnant pretty much at the same time. I'm so happy for them, but absolutely devastated for myself. They've never made a peep they were even wanting children and I feel like a fool for confiding in 2 of them about my problems, whilst they were 'secretly' pregnant the whole time! I'm so embarrassed, and sad, and feel now I'm being talked about. I feel I don't want to see them because I'm miserable, and don't want to make them feel guilty about being pregnant but by avoiding them I'm probably doing this anyway. It's so hard being happy on one hand and so distraught on the other, I just don't know how to act around them. I know I just need time.

I have to leave work now - but I'll respond to @xLoveLikeWinterx 's post tonight xx

Wow - that IS a lot of stressors all happening at one time! Last year for me was very similar: our townhouse flooded and my husband and I lived in a hotel for 6 months while it was repaired. We had JUST bought the house and moved in 13 days before the flooding occurred. At the same time, I got really sick with some sort of viral lung infection and was sicker than I'd ever been for over a month. Also at the same time, his sister and nephew came to live with us. At the same time, we were going through some massive computer changes at work that were extremely complex and changed the way I do my job every day and how we interact with the customers we serve. Also, I'd been trying to get pregnant for over a year before all this happened and basically we tried all the things we could afford to try. It's unexplained fertility on my end. Sigh. So, yeah, I can definitely empathize!!! I can tell you, that things get better.

All the stress was going on before I decided I really needed to get fit. I gained about 30-40 lbs throughout the stress of last year. Finally, this year in February, I decided that I REALLY wanted to feel healthy/fit by my birthday in August. That's when I started logging on MFP again and exercising regularly. The exercise alone helped me manage my stress SO MUCH more effectively than anything else!

Hugs to you!! It would be so hard to be diligent on MFP with calories and exercise, etc. when dealing with what feels like stress in every single aspect of your life. Be kind to yourself and know that each day is a new day. I hope your husband's surgery goes well and that he feels better soon. That will help immensely!